• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Much later?
Fuck off
And no 3DS version as I suspected.

Cool for PS4 and PC heads

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So it seems like the Switch version is going to take more after the PS4 version in terms of graphics. I don't know why I thought it would take after the 3DS version.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Would it make sense the Switch version is the 3DS version ported? Which is why its much later?

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Gotta go with the ps4 version. Looks like amazon pre orders arent up though.

Will get switch version later if I like enough to merit second on the go playthrough

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, was gonna wait for the Switch version but Steam throws a wrench in there. Still, I've waited this long, and I sort of figure we'll be getting some Switch exclusive content... guess I'll see how the ports compare before making a choice.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Jeez, what is going on with the Switch port? We seriously need some kind of update on the status of it.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Voice acting sounds great as per the series tradition in the West. So excited to explore this world. I wonder what the Hard mode will be like. Hopefully you can toggle it during play.

No 3DS version is truly a shame though.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For you importers, where does DQXI rank compared to previous titles? Is it the big leap that DQVIII was at the time?

High hopes on this one. I really need to finish Builders, VII and V....maybe in that order.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty significant.

It's not surprising it's happening, SE are fully on board with Steam at this point, and they're using a multiplatform engine, but I'm surprised it's day and date.

So fucking cool.
Day and date PC releases are so important for sales. Very few people double dip 6-12 months later and the enthusiasm for new players is a lot lower.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to finally play this. I would like to wait for Switch version but don't think I'm going to.

One complaint is man does Dragon Quest music sound boring and borderline bad. Really dislike it.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
In a statement, Square Enix told IGN: "Our aim with Dragon Quest XI and the Dragon Quest brand is to grow the audience in the West.
B5DXMyc.gif

So you don't release the version for the system where the fanbase was growing?

Sometimes companies are better off saying nothing at all if logic isn't their strong point.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
So, unless the Switch version somehow contains both the PS4/PC and 3DS graphic style the west is gonna lose one of the two experiences. It's a real bummer.

ranmafan

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic news on the additions. My game of the year last year and I'll be certainly getting the PS4 us version and playing again. Shame about the switch version news but still good to hear release dates and all the other goodies for the other systems.

Vaser

Oct 31, 2017
Thank you based God, we have a release date. Those enhancements sound great as well.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
So we have to wait until next year to SEE the Switch version

This is really disappointing.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Oh nice. I wonder if they remade the soundtrack to get rid of all the awful midi.

Looks like they are taking their time with the switch version, probably having a hard time porting it and making it run well.

Deleted member 21693

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Switch Waiting BOYZ

(I'm ok with waiting in this case. Playing RPGs on Switch is wonderful.)

Also Steam release HYPE!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
The Switch version is likely gonna come to the West when it eventually comes out. The 3DS version on the other hand isn't getting localized at all.

With SQEX and especially DQ nothing is likely. It wouldn't have been impossible for the 3DS version to be day and date if they went to Nintendo, but the wording in the IGN report makes me think they didn't even try to do that.

It's basically "We want you to buy on those systems and not on the others where the game either exists and is available or has been announced for."

It just sucks, and it's sad as heck that one of the biggest japanese pubs isn't able to produce a port in more than a year with a common and supported engine.

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
Well damn, was gonna get it on Switch but I'll take a PC version.

Get your shit together, Atlus! Freaking Dragon Quest is keeping up with the times better than you.

cbajd5

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll wait for much later barring some amazing collector's edition on PC. (In which case I'd buy the collector's edition and still wait until much later to play it, being stuck in one place playing super long games in front of a TV/monitor sucks.)

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I wanted the 3DS version, but I can't say I'm surprised we're not getting it.