• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
4900K, yeah. So the top end. It's a game that is gonna scale a lot when we get newer CPU gens... which is a lot like how the first game was. Sadly this makes the console version ever getting much better unlikely. This is also why Deck is gonna be a total no go.

I did a bit of testing with DLSS off and stuff, but in the end I just whacked everything to max, DLSS Super Res to Quality, Nvidia Reflex on with Boost. Felt fine, and like I say, it was fairly consistently above 60 and when it did drop, I never really saw it go below 50. But this is with all the bells and whistles to help it, and on the top-tier GPU and top-tier Intel CPU you can get right now. If you want to have everything more natural/native, it's gonna drop.
ok great. My 7800x3d should be comparable then. I should be gucci then.

aww man was hoping I could play at launch until June for ER but may need to do it the other way around and hope for some patches first, hope it's just that specific configuration thats causing issues :/

bro it's over for us, rip my 4090 time to upgrade
I think we're still in, yall! I cant remember what cpu yall have tho 👀

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Somewhat related as I have seen it mentioned in a few reviews, but who is playing 2024 AAA games on a Steamdeck? Surely the people that bought a Steamdeck werent hoping to play 2024 AAA games well?

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
Read three reviews.
It seems a worty sequel aaaaand... I'll skip it for now.

Never appreciated the original one that much and this one seems to fall into the same pitfalls.

I'll recover it for sure in the future.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
14900K, yeah. So the top end. It's a game that is gonna scale a lot when we get newer CPU gens... which is a lot like how the first game was. Sadly this makes the console version ever getting much better unlikely. This is also why Deck is gonna be a total no go.

I did a bit of testing with DLSS off and stuff, but in the end I just whacked everything to max, DLSS Super Res to Quality, Nvidia Reflex on with Boost. Felt fine, and like I say, it was fairly consistently above 60 and when it did drop, I never really saw it go below 50. But this is with all the bells and whistles to help it, and on the top-tier GPU and top-tier Intel CPU you can get right now. If you want to have everything more natural/native, it's gonna drop.

Huh. There is definitely one coming though. Might not be today though. But it's one of their 'partner games' so they'll be quite big on it with making sure DLSS/SuperRes/Reflex/etc is good.
Thread moving fast so not sure if you mentioned already, but was DLSS frame gen working? PC Gamer says no... but nvidia was advertising it as such.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
Yeah, this actually legitimately bothers me. Performance is a huge part of the game. If a game has shit performance on console or PC, it shouldn't get above a 7. That's ridiculous. If It's the greatest game mechanically, but it's an absolute slide show on recommended specs, then it doesn't matter how great it is.

So ToTK should have been a 7 since it's constantly dipping into the low 20's?

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Banned
Sep 13, 2022
"It looks a little dated"
Good, maybe it means it kept the cost of development down then.

That's just where my mind goes with all these last gen complaints. I'm sure Ronin will get the same remarks.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Responding to a query about frame rate problems from IGN, Capcom said in a statement that performance issues on PC may be linked to the heavy amount of CPU demanded from NPCs in the game.

"In Dragon's Dogma 2, a large amount of CPU usage is allocated to each character and dynamically calculates the impact of their physical presence in various environments. In certain situations where numerous characters appear simultaneously, the CPU usage can be very high and may affect the frame rate," a Capcom representative told IGN. "We are aware that in such situations, settings that reduce GPU load may currently have a limited effect; however, we are looking into ways to improve performance in the future."

www.ign.com

Capcom Is 'Aware' of Dragon's Dogma 2 Frame Rate Issues on PC, Looking Into Fixes - IGN

In a statement to IGN, Capcom acknowledged possible frame rate issues with Dragon's Dogma 2 on PC, saying they may be linked to the heavy amount of CPU demanded from NPCs in the game.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
And here I thought a rtx 3060ti would be good enough for 1080p 60fps. If a 4090 is struggling...
Edit: Never mind, the cpu is the issue.

Last edited:

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it is starting to annoy me a little.

"game runs terribly, 9 out of 10."

I don't know, people can review it how they want, but it does feel weird to me.

MC score for PC version currently is 92...
performance should finally be considered in these reviews...
They were considered in quite a few of them. What so hard to believe about them liking the game despite it? Same goes for BG3 (game of the generation for many), Rebirth, Elden Ring, BOTW/TOTK.

Wanderish

Jan 5, 2019
Somewhat related as I have seen it mentioned in a few reviews, but who is playing 2024 AAA games on a Steamdeck? Surely the people that bought a Steamdeck werent hoping to play 2024 AAA games well?

I play on PC mostly but it's nice to use the deck for exploration and such chilling on the sofa. I did this with Elden Ring, Red Dead 2 and Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty.

Red Dead Redemption 2 remains as one of the best looking games and runs beautifully on Steamdeck at 45 FPS locked on a 90hz oled screen. I don't know how Dragon's Dogma 2 struggles to reach 15 FPS even with FSR activated, sounds weird.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
OT will go live in 4hours 30mins btw folks. Let's let this Review thread cook and all the reivews filter in and impressions be heard, then we can chat it up in the OT later.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
I just saw the benchmark on PC gamer. This is a disaster and explains perfectly why the console version is struggling at 30 fps. This game is massively CPU bound.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Damn Kinda Funny seems to be a lot more negative than I imagined. Hoping to like it when I give it a shot later tonight

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Frame Gen would help CPU-related frame issues. Weird it's not active despite the DLL being included.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Played it on a 3060 and 5600. Def recommend waiting for a few patches. I can barely get it to hit 60 with DLSS at 1080p lol

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/4cFHSGzaPN8

- Dragon's Dogma 2 has a single display mode on all 3 consoles.
- The game uses ray-Tracing for global illumination on PC, PS5 and XSX. Xbox Series S does not have ray-tracing. This setting does not affect shadows and reflections.
- Ray-tracing cannot be disabled on PS5/XSX.
- Load times may be faster on PC if you have an NVMe SDD. PS5 has a slight advantage over Xbox Series, although anecdotal in this section.
- Xbox Series S renders at 1440p with temporal reconstruction, while PS5 and XSX render at 2160p. PS5 has a slightly higher average resolution than XSX.
- All 3 console versions have unlocked framerate. It is not possible to lock it at 30fps.
- The framerate ranges between 30~45fps on all 3 platforms, although XSX has a slightly higher average than PS5 (about 2/3fps).
- Drawing distance is higher on PC, followed by PS5. Xbox S/X Series has some less shadow and vegetation detail in the distance.
- PS5 also has slightly more detailed shadows compared to XSX, especially in the distance.
- Xbox Series S/X shows slight banding on some surfaces (especially on some highly tessellated terrain).
- Reflections in all versions are SSR. Xbox Series S shows a slightly lower quality of reflections.
- On PC, Capcom wanted to confirm along with the delivery of keys that they are working to further optimize the game. Soon you will have a dedicated video of this version.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
"lack of plot" is worrisome. Most people probably won't care if the plot's good but I can't just go off great gameplay alone in an RPG like this. Need a serviceable plot that gives me that feeling of wanting to know what happens next. Any other comments on the plot besides that Metro review?

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Oh no, the performance issues have me worried.

The DF Tech review is going to be a bloodbath.

Mar 19, 2021

View: https://youtu.be/4cFHSGzaPN8

- Dragon's Dogma 2 has a single display mode on all 3 consoles.
- The game uses ray-Tracing for global illumination on PC, PS5 and XSX. Xbox Series S does not have ray-tracing. This setting does not affect shadows and reflections.
- Ray-tracing cannot be disabled on PS5/XSX.
- Load times may be faster on PC if you have an NVMe SDD. PS5 has a slight advantage over Xbox Series, although anecdotal in this section.
- Xbox Series S renders at 1440p with temporal reconstruction, while PS5 and XSX render at 2160p. PS5 has a slightly higher average resolution than XSX.
- All 3 console versions have unlocked framerate. It is not possible to lock it at 30fps.
- The framerate ranges between 30~45fps on all 3 platforms, although XSX has a slightly higher average than PS5 (about 2/3fps).
- Drawing distance is higher on PC, followed by PS5. Xbox S/X Series has some less shadow and vegetation detail in the distance.
- PS5 also has slightly more detailed shadows compared to XSX, especially in the distance.
- Xbox Series S/X shows slight banding on some surfaces (especially on some highly tessellated terrain).
- Reflections in all versions are SSR. Xbox Series S shows a slightly lower quality of reflections.
- On PC, Capcom wanted to confirm along with the delivery of keys that they are working to further optimize the game. Soon you will have a dedicated video of this version.

Or maybe I'll go PS5 shit idkkkk

Sangral