Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I know we could talk for hours about the animations... and also going for a different art style. But goddamn was the leap from Injustice 1 to 2 and MKX to MK11 fucking massive. Even to a casual viewer you can tell which ones were the "next-gen" games.

Probably because Injustice 1 and MKX looked like ass. I have no idea how you can look at SFIV and SFV and not tell the difference.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Probably because Injustice 1 and MKX looked like ass. I have no idea how you can look at SFIV and SFV and not tell the difference.
I can tell the difference between SFIV and SFV. But in a lot of ways I think V looks worse than IV.
And I also hated how V massively dialed up the sexualisation of all the female characters.
Kinda gross.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
Did he just say that out of the blue?
Heres the full video (timestamped at question)

Not only does it come out of nowhere, but before asking it you can clearly see him questioning himself about whether he should even ask the question much like how MikeZ did before his george floyd suffocating joke

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
The same rule applies still.

Main difference is that Takeuchi responds to a higher up and none other than himself, basically, while overseeing many projects at once and with his head over the table for Division 1.

As a executive producer, Ono had ownership of this specific project and responded to the current head of Division 2 (which i vaguely heard was a producer responsible for MHW), but SF6 itself was his responsibility to say the least.
Yeah I agree on that.

The current head of Division 2 is Ryozo Tsujimoto, the son of the CEO and the brother of the President, and was previously the head of Division 3 (before the merging).
Funnily enough, he was in the credits of Capcom Fighting Jam, hence why I doubt it'll come back under his leadership.
Probably not enough changes considering that Ono was still a major force behind SFVI's development prior to his 2nd demotion.

Also, going by what the likes of Imran, Max, Pat, & other FGC folks have been saying, it seems like it's both the CJP & CUSA folks (current & especially former) who have stories to tell regarding Ono.
Interesting. Seemed like it was mostly Capcom USA employees based on what the FGC side of things was saying.

And yeah, agreed for SFVI and Ono, I was talking about fighting games in general (like MvC or whatever else could come back).

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
But in a lot of ways I think V looks worse than IV.
In a lot of ways, you say.

yPBaBYu.png

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Interesting. Seemed like it was mostly Capcom USA employees based on what the FGC side of things was saying.

And yeah, agreed for SFVI and Ono, I was talking about fighting games in general (like MvC or whatever else could come back).
Based on what Imran said, Ono sounded like a "my way or the highway" kind of producer. But yeah, from what's been said already, it's the actual developers at Capcom Dev 2 as well as Capcom USA who have had bad experiences with Ono.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The people saying SF4 and 5 look the same are the same kind of people that said ST, SF: Alpha, and SF3 all looked the same just because they're sprites and have Ryu.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about you guys but I could barely tell the difference between SF4 and SF5. I mean, how does this look like a next gen SF?

med_26719VF5FS-_GohAkira4_copy.jpg

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I think Sakura is a tad off animation wise in V with some moves as well.

It looks weird too me. Kinda stiff, weird follow through, idk.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also feel like the excessive animations on the S3 characters was a bit much. You'll see so many animation cancels in a normal match as Cody

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
Lettuce pray so SFVI comes out great, not console exclusive and with C. Viper in the initial roster.

Devo1989

Nov 9, 2017
I hated a lot of the added after animation flair they added to later season characters tbh. It made the transitions back to neutral positions really awkward.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

I mean I didn't say there is no difference between IV and V. Just that it wasn't quite the jump. Even SC has this problem where while things have clearly gotten better each game, it still kind of looks like a suped up PS3 game.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Man, I was playing 4 the other day (to check out Dan and Rose in omega mode, haha).

5 looks and moves so much better.

I do miss DeeJay though still.