Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Chuggs is a wonderful person and I love him dearly but he's a known power and one that is a bit swingy in its helpfulness. I'd rather save potential other roles than an ATM.
Welcome! Remember to watch Box Peek or you'll get modkilled.
Uuuuhhh I'll get right on that.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Also wasn't chuggs giving me hassle earlier for giving wee money without knowing their alignment but he can 'gamble' for bucks against Launchpad without knowing their alignment.

It seems like Chuggs wasn't worried about giving money to unknown Launched which is part of the reason why I think Chuggs isn't gambling, he will just allways win.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also wasn't chuggs giving me hassle earlier for giving wee money without knowing their alignment but he can 'gamble' for bucks against Launchpad without knowing their alignment.

It seems like Chuggs wasn't worried about giving money to unknown Launched which is part of the reason why I think Chuggs isn't gambling, he will just allways win.
Now this is the Faddy I know.

It's not my fault I'm better at poker than Lauch
You're so good Faddy assumed you cheated

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
After posting this I can't for the life of me find evidence of it. Did I just make that up? Is the item just a reference to Silver Squad??

Need an EZA fan to confirm, please. It's driving me crazy.
There is a mention of the existence of a Snorlax Plushie in the following video, timestamped at 1:32

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Faddy has a tendency to tip his hand a bit when he rolls not town so I wouldn't be super shocked by him doing this. It is a bit early, but I don't know when else you throw this out. I think it's the lightning poster, and I think the guesses that it's a lightning rod are probably fair. We do not want scum having that if that's the case. If he's a neutral we should also probably just kill him, but I think he's just scum tbh.
Ok. I was actually perusing some old stuff specifically looking at Faddy, and I think that might just be his way. However, I think the idea that he was trying to architect something here still holds up.

It's not my fault I'm better at poker than Lauch
it was close dammit

The rules were laid out for all of us, in the open. There is no implication that Chugg is always going to win. Either way, how does that make him scum?

Oct 25, 2017
LaunchpadMcQ, seems we agree on most things about those reads - which doesn't make me paranoid, at all - and I'll get back to you with more questions eventually.

While I disagree with Faddy this sudden push is not sitting right with me.

The very core of your "case" is about you.

Like, Chuggs. You've got a bunch of protection votes on you and post this at one player throwing some shade your way?

How is this not an overreaction?

You shouldn't be against yourself getting an item. But based on the point you yourself made at the start, you should understand people being against you getting an item because they don't know if you're town.

So you making all this fuss contradicts your earlier stance, yes, as Faddy pointed out.

You still owe me an answer about Mao, Mister.

You've seen mean Hawthorn more than once, do you feel like she "seemed off" in those games too? What about Launch?

Also why are A and VA town-reads of yours? Know you said it was an in-development read, but still curious if there's something specific that made you think that. Thanks in advance.

This is a weird post. Scum can make bad arguments against you. It's not OMGUS to think they're bad and it's not OMGUS to think they're scum because you don't think they make sense.

I'm not scum reading Faddy for not liking me getting money. It was early day 1 so whatever. Have your ideas. What I am scum reading is the language he's using. "Gambling and conning" when it's been explained no one loses anything from my power and Blarg knew exactly what he was doing when he took that bet.

What I am scum reading is Faddy popping in after it had been pages since I said I said what item I bought and had made a move for money to be all "We shouldn't give Chuggs money for the Lightning thing" like we hadn't been past that being an option.

I don't like it.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
The rules were laid out for all of us, in the open. There is no implication that Chugg is always going to win. Either way, how does that make him scum?

It doesn't make him scum.

If he knew he was going to win, it is all fine. Whatever. A bit of a performance to boost his bucks.

If he didn't know he was going to win then he is a hypocrit for criticising me boosting wee's buck count when he could have boosted yours.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Got my game face on now
POw9lOb.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
No there's actually a pretty big difference between taking a risk and maybe 500 bucks to a player that you don't know the alignment of when you have the chance to also win 500 and pooling together 5000 to give a player you don't know the alignment of a specific item.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No there's actually a pretty big difference between taking a risk and maybe 500 bucks to a player that you don't know the alignment of when you have the chance to also win 500 and pooling together 5000 to give a player you don't know the alignment of a specific item.
B.B.B.b.but.but you think i'm town. I shoould have all the itms! Items are neato!

Oct 27, 2017
Kyanrute and nin are willing to solve the game so that's town credit in my eyes

TheChuggernaut I have no idea what you're doing, it seems you're seeing shadows where they aren't none

weemadarthur is also willing to solve the game as well so that town credit for her

everyone else is snortin the insanity powder imo

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't make him scum.

If he knew he was going to win, it is all fine. Whatever. A bit of a performance to boost his bucks.

If he didn't know he was going to win then he is a hypocrit for criticising me boosting wee's buck count when he could have boosted yours.
Sorry, but I don't think hypocrite is an alignment 🤪

Jokes aside, what conclusion are you trying to make on Chugg here, other than how his ability works?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
thank you, Reki, for validating me.

You probably don't fully read my posts, but I like to think you do.

(Don't answer)

This is a weird post. Scum can make bad arguments against you. It's not OMGUS to think they're bad and it's not OMGUS to think they're scum because you don't think they make sense.

You've got 23 other players to look at. Your standing in this game is way better than Faddy's, and based on Pop-Tarts votes you'd be more likely to swing other people into a case than Faddy right now.

Again, why the overreaction? It pings me because meanies can overestimate suspicion on them and answer according to that wrong assumption.

You may think someone's point against you is disingenuous, sure. You may want to talk to them to better explain yourself, fair. But that vote and the tone of your posts is a bit much, and as such there's at least a bit of OMGUS clouding your judgement there, imo.

What I am scum reading is the language he's using. "Gambling and conning" when it's been explained no one loses anything from my power and Blarg knew exactly what he was doing when he took that bet.

Did he? Can't recall.

You admitted to making a bet in terms that favored you after all.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually already have a decent amount of pop tarts for some reason.
but you lack the Sawneeks branded pop-tart!

Okay, jokes aside I've noticed that too. Can't say I've seen anything to disagree with them though.
XgTgo4zPfv2akd2W7

Conditional-Pancakes hey if this image doesn't post, please respond to that post with the basic Fry gif, tyvm
lol

Wee you really can't be thinking I'm serious there, can you.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
You've seen mean Hawthorn more than once, do you feel like she "seemed off" in those games too? What about Launch?

Also why are A and VA town-reads of yours? Know you said it was an in-development read, but still curious if there's something specific that made you think that. Thanks in advance.

Launch had me completely fooled in Risk mafia, I am not sure I would have ever figured it out if I had survived more days in the game. He is pretty consistent with his openings, and has had a few big ISO posts which makes me think its more Town!launch than Scum!Launch. However, it could just be a small adjustment based on previous games which leaves me back at the "my gut read is saying launchpad is scum, you shouldn't let this go"

Hawthorn was also really good in Risk, and then her opening in Horror movie was so similar to her opening in Risk, which has been so similar to her opening here. In the previous games she was scum, in this game its still not as clear. but since she is consistent in her gameplay, and I have yet to play with her being town (you know seeing Hawthorn as town via flip) I can only assume that she is scum again.

The Aeleus read was based on the play immediately before putting down that top town. Now that I am re-reading it (and I think they aren't here because of time zones) Aeleus is backed up my Launchpad and reviewing their bet its not as clear with Top Town. Maybe middling now.

VA was pure gut read, as I said before just based on how I'm reading at the time.

Still pretty sure on WeemadArthur though, Their game play has been very pro-town and scumhunting today.

So much so that I want weemadarthur to survivie until tomorrow

pop-tart: weemadarthur

Oct 25, 2017
You've got 23 other players to look at. Your standing in this game is way better than Faddy's, and based on Pop-Tarts votes you'd be more likely to swing other people into a case than Faddy right now.

Again, why the overreaction? It pings me because meanies can overestimate suspicion on them and answer according to that wrong assumption.

You may think someone's point against you is disingenuous, sure. You may want to talk to them to better explain yourself, fair. But that vote and the tone of your posts is a bit much, and as such there's at least a bit of OMGUS clouding your judgement there, imo.

Did he? Can't recall.

You admitted to making a bet in terms that favored you after all.

Because I think he's scum? Why wouldn't I go for someone who I think is scum?

He did. Blarg threw the game on purpose because he was planing to pull the semantics thing he did at the end. I didn't expect him to accept it

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, but I don't think hypocrite is an alignment 🤪

Jokes aside, what conclusion are you trying to make on Chugg here, other than how his ability works?

My conclusion is that Chuggs is probably town. i already said. And don't say "why are you voting him"

I never unvote. I always switch to someone else and I don't have a really good scum read right now.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Launch had me completely fooled in Risk mafia, I am not sure I would have ever figured it out if I had survived more days in the game. He is pretty consistent with his openings, and has had a few big ISO posts which makes me think its more Town!launch than Scum!Launch. However, it could just be a small adjustment based on previous games which leaves me back at the "my gut read is saying launchpad is scum, you shouldn't let this go"
What do you think of him saying he's pretty sure Kyan is town? That affect your read of him at all?

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
What do you think of him saying he's pretty sure Kyan is town? That affect your read of him at all?
Kyanrute is such a wild card, Usually I like keeping him around a day or two to develop a read, today at least I feel that there is no receipts so no real read for me. If anything, its odd for either scum or town Launch to town read kyanrute day one. I think if one flips it adds credence one way or another, but for a day one hot read its effectively 0.

at least until Kyaa shows up.