• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
The stealth system is similar to Sekiro, so obviously in the trailer you can see the player crouching to do an assasination but beyond that there's a visibility system in place that's also affected by things like ToD and weather. At night and in fog you're going to be harder to detect.
Thank you. That sounds amazing.

The stealth was one of my favourite aspects of Sekiro and I had hoped it would make its way into Elden Ring. Sounds like they may have done that and more.

Mergin Dark Souls world with Sekiro combat.

God is real.
No one has said Sekiro combat. It seems to be much more Souls combat than Sekiro.... but with stealth.

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
The stealth system is similar to Sekiro, so obviously in the trailer you can see the player crouching to do an assasination but beyond that there's a visibility system in place that's also affected by things like ToD and weather. At night and in fog you're going to be harder to detect.
DAMN...i've always wanted to do stealth builds in souls but didn't find them really enjoyable. This seems like it. assassinations, visibility system and weather affecting stealth..the only thing left is a khajiit race and a night vision lmao
I'm beyond hype knowing that there is a fully fledged stealth system in ER. Thanks for clarifying

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
i hope we have more mounts.
sprawling all new magic world and mythos created by two masterminds of worldbuilding and the mounts to be... normal horses is kinda ehhh.

like i'm not asking for WoW mounts but at least give it some flavor to not look like game #173 with horse mount.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I really like the new musical identity they are going with. You hear the heavy drums and brass and from earlier sound samples a lot of horn instruments and percussion. It feels more "epic adventure" in a way. If this is Kitamura then she is showing some crazy range. I'm hoping external composers like Sakuraba is back to help for a couple of more melodic pieces like Firelink Shrine or Majula.

Oct 25, 2017
Feels bad that right when things were to blow out officially almost everything got leaked.
What's interesting is that at least some of the fervor around an upcoming reveal.... was actually partly based on 'insiders' thinking this leaked footage was part of a current trailer.

Which is contradicted by Omnipotent suggesting this is an old WIP trailer.

Meaning that if others, like Grubb, were thinking the same as Schrier and basing their 'upcoming reveal' predictions on this circulating footage then...things get muddy again.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020

this OST is the one that hyped me the most, great example of the "feel" they might go with it.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
What's interesting is that at least some of the fervor around an upcoming reveal.... was actually partly based on 'insiders' thinking this leaked footage was part of a current trailer.

Which is contradicted by Omnipotent suggesting this is an old WIP trailer.

Meaning that if others, like Grubb, were thinking the same as Schrier and basing their 'upcoming reveal' predictions on this circulating footage then...things get muddy again.

I've heard from multiple places that a reveal is soon, just doesn't seem like there's an exact date on when yet, so I wouldn't say I'm contradicting Schrier and Grubb. Just because this specific trailer isn't the final reveal one doesn't mean that one doesn't exist.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
this game soundtrack might be Yuka Kitamura's magnum opus.

i'm actually hyped for the menu LMAO
From's menus are very cool and have a banger theme.
I have high hopes for it. I'm crossing my fingers that Bandai Namco gives us one full track with the next info drop. I know it's unlikely cause a lot of songs end up getting cut last minute but a man can always dream, right?

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
i would much prefer if we get a map like shadow of the colossus that only shows current location and landscape
Shadow_of_the_Colossus_clean_map.0.jpg

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
I say yes but make it really basic like saw fortnite or vallhiem. Just a top down map that says major locations that you have been to but the rest is greyed out. That's it, no I'm-depth maps of the areas but just a simple big map of the overworld.

^Something like that where it just names the big locations and there not marked until you find them

Rhodan

Feb 8, 2020
I have high hopes for it. I'm crossing my fingers that Bandai Namco gives us one full track with the next info drop. I know it's unlikely cause a lot of songs end up getting cut last minute but a man can always dream, right?

Sony put out the Flamelurker's track for the DeS remake and Capcom recently put out some tracks for MH Rise. I'd LOVE a similar promotion with ER but I don't usually expect Fromsoft to do something like it. Have they ever dropped any tracks before a game came out?

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
Maybe Omni can answer this or maybe not. Map system: yay or nay?

100% yes, but i bet more a SOTC/TLOU2 map rather than a Witcher 3 map.

yeaahhh but that's not a problem anymore since people can dig unreleased tracks from any games that launches hehehe.

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard from multiple places that a reveal is soon, just doesn't seem like there's an exact date on when yet, so I wouldn't say I'm contradicting Schrier and Grubb. Just because this specific trailer isn't the final reveal one doesn't mean that one doesn't exist.
Sorry I don't mean to suggest that there isn't anything coming. Just that it seems like part of the hype (at least from Schrier) was exclusively based on knowledge of the circulating potato-cam trailer and what that might mean for reveal prospects.

Either way, glad to hear.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Sony put out the Flamelurker's track for the DeS remake and Capcom recently put out some tracks for MH Rise. I'd LOVE a similar promotion with ER but I don't usually expect Fromsoft to do something like it. Have they ever dropped any tracks before a game came out?
That's a really good question. I would love to know as well

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Speaking of trailer music, this atrocity still exists and is public:

www.youtube.com

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Official Launch Trailer

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is the latest game from Dark Souls and Bloodborne developers, From Software. Arriving March 22 on PC, Xbox One, and PS4.
Yeah not a huge fan of licensed tracks either or covers. DS3's western launch trailer had Hozier - In the Woods Somewhere. The Japanese launch trailer "Accursed" used Pontiff Sulyvahn for the most part. The first official gameplay trailer will most likely have music from the game which is good.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
to watch this leaked blurry footage out of sheer thirst or just wait another week or two and experience it in its highest quality. . .. I've never been so conflicted

OP
OP
Mifec

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
This shot looks amazing even in low quality

unknown.png

Also giant enemies that omni talked about.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Do you think we will go full 'shadow of the colossus' with the dragons if there's grappling hook like in sekiro? like you're about to kill it and decides to run away, so you chase it with your horse, throw the fucking thing, jump on the dragon' back and try to stab its head.
Imagine if dragons can fly around the world and steal your horse while you're exploring a ruin or something.
Just letting my imagination run wild about how they're going to handle flying enemies in an open world enviroment.

ritsu

Feb 23, 2021
Western Massachusetts
Thanks for the information Omni! I was wondering if you could speak to the piece of the VGC article that mentioned a source stated it was unlikely ER will release in 2021. Is this what you are hearing? I wouldn't be surprised, but it seemed from what Jeff Grubb had said this week on his podcast, and from the pieces we've heard over the past few months, that the game was further along in development.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Caught a few glimpses beyond the first two clips. What a mistake.

Hopefully an official trailer releases soon, because fuck am I excited.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
Thanks for the information Omni! I was wondering if you could speak to the piece of the VGC article that mentioned a source stated it was unlikely ER will release in 2021. Is this what you are hearing? I wouldn't be surprised, but it seemed from what Jeff Grubb had said this week on his podcast, and from the pieces we've heard over the past few months, that the game was further along in development.
Not really one to talk about release dates and timelines, especially when it comes to release for a number of reasons so I'll let From and Bandai handle that one when they're ready. All Ill say is I wouldn't really take it as an indication to worry about the state of the games development, game is big and as you guys can now see, pretty ambitious for them, so let's allow them all the time they need to finish up this incredible game.