• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Looks really pretty, but what will sell me on a early buy is how the combat will look like. I hope is closer to Sekiro (or Bloodborne) than DS3. Horse attacks look cool though.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome back Omnipotent, you've been greatly missed! Your posts are going through my mind as I see these designs, so good..

"What happens when the barrier comes down and all the worst and unimaginable things it was keeping out start to make their way in"

MTVBfBL.png

output4fd8467cfbab2db4.gif

7vada3kbggk61.jpg

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
What else besides the tree omni mentioned? It looks like Dark Souls.... I'm not complaining.... I'm off the charts excited today.... just throwing things out there ....
I mean it's not exactly World of Warcraft, but I don't know I'm just looking at it. The statues for instance, don't really look like something you would see in souls imo.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
we're at the dawn of us finally having a new fromsoft rpg world to sink our teeth into. . . all of the theories, speculation, content, lore videos, secrets, exploration.

Man, there's nothing like a fromsoft rpg pre-release, and nothing like a fromsoft rpg launch.

Mar 11, 2019
A bit disappointed in the art direction and gameplay, from the initial trailer it seems too much like dark souls, also not happy seeing a dragon again. On top of what seems to be that rolling will make its return. The short clip of horse combat did look exciting and very fluent. I do have high expectations in the lore, story telling, level design and as usual from Fromsoftware the bosses and enemy encounters. So looking forward to know more.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna tell my kids this leak was Miyazaki's personal birthday gift to me.

I don't even celebrate birthdays, but at times like this you really feel like the sky and the cosmos are one.

Man too bad my birthday'll be before the 26th or whenever people are thinking this comes out officially, or maybe not even this if it's an internal trailer.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
A bit disappointed in the art direction and gameplay, from the initial trailer it seems too much like dark souls, also not happy seeing a dragon again. On top of what seems to be that rolling will make its return. The short clip of horse combat did look exciting and very fluent. I do have high expectations in the lore, story telling, level design and as usual from Fromsoftware the bosses and enemy encounters. So looking forward to know more.
There's zero reason to pass any judgement on the game based off the leaks today. It's an old trailer build shot in potato quality.

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
This is getting out of hand..the most recent footage is definitely from someone else and it seems like they have more footage considering the progress bar isn't moving at all lol. Also, is this from a newer build? god i hope they don't leak the whole game at this point

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm only feeling a twinge of disappointment that this looks VERY dark souls 3 level of graphics still.

But hey, hopefully that means a smooth 60 fps on next gen consoles, and if it ends up looking even better, a pleasant surprise.

I know it's blurry, but I think just overall it looks maybe a bit better than DS3 so far. I think that's a safe place to leave my expectations.

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
I hate to say this and be that guy, but may I ask that we apply the spoiler functionality to anything visual please (images/videos) if it's not too much of a nuisance.
I have a hard time scrolling through while trying to avert mine eyes from the images.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Soo what are you guys playing while taking your mind off of Elden Ring?

I'm replaying the Resident Evil mainline games in preparation for Village.

Welcome back Omni!
I've been playing Vesperia for the first time and mostly enjoying it. My wife just finished beating Dark Souls. I coached her through it. That was fun too.

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
I think I'm only feeling a twinge of disappointment that this looks VERY dark souls 3 level of graphics still.

But hey, hopefully that means a smooth 60 fps on next gen consoles, and if it ends up looking even better, a pleasant surprise.

I know it's blurry, but I think just overall it looks maybe a bit better than DS3 so far. I think that's a safe place to leave my expectations.
I would be a bit bummed if it didn't end up looking as good as Sekiro.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Leave it to me to play Debbie Downer right when everyone's excited about the Elden Ring leak, but I seriously wish FromSoft would finally give Tenchu proper another go (yes I know the story behind Sekiro). It feels like they're gonna keep making Souls-like games for eternity. They own the biggest franchise in a genre that's freaking dead as a doornail (and also my favorite, fuck me) and I don't see Acquire doing anything on their end any time soon...

Jay-T

Oct 28, 2017
I kinda don't want to watch anymore, this is getting into bosses and locations spoilers territory

But I want to see more lol

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
Whewww, now that doesn't look like the work in progress trailer. I wonder where the fuck that came from and how much more there is, and if they'll share/find it lol.

That didn't look like an official trailer piece either. Hmmm.
I uploaded that clip to streamable but two I shared both came from someone on a discord server who shared them and then left completely

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I would be a bit bummed if it didn't end up looking as good as Sekiro.

I couldn't pretend I wasn't, but FROM's visual output does seem somewhat affected by their support. Their work with Sony on Bloodborne and Activision on Sekiro seems noticeably better than the intervening Dark Souls 3, so idk.

I just want to keep my expectations in check.

Res

Oct 25, 2017

It's good to keep expectations in check. But I find the improvement in scale to be more impressive

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
It's good to keep expectations in check. But I find the improvement in scale to be more impressive

See that's what I'm thinking yeah. I was expecting more graphical improvements, but if the engine upgrade was more focused on expanding scale, updating day/night systems, allowing for roaming enemies, and all kinds of backend adjustments to allow for new gameplay ideas, then hey I'm still a pretty happy camper.

Dark Souls 3 looked a bit...rough, but I also am one of the people who really liked how it looked overall.

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
These DS3 comparisons makes me a bit worried; of all From games I liked DS3's graphics the least, especially in terms of reflections, textures, anti-aliasing and other rendering/lighting stuff...
Can someone who watched all these leaks justify or dismiss my worries?

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
This DS3 comparisons makes me a bit worried; of all From games I liked DS3's graphics the least, especially in terms of reflections, textures, anti-aliasing and other rendering/lighting stuff...
I don't think the comparisons are about visuals and if they were you can't really tell much from the footage so idk what's that about. Though some people are complaining that the game feels like Dark Souls cuz of reused animations. Maybe that's why they delayed it..we'll see.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
These DS3 comparisons makes me a bit worried; of all From games I liked DS3's graphics the least, especially in terms of reflections, textures, anti-aliasing and other rendering/lighting stuff...

It looks significantly more colorful than DS3.

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
Thanks, what I'm mostly "worried" about is that they would use the same anti-aliasing and reflection technology that DS3 used, as I think those two aspects in particular made DS3 look much worse

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
My concern is that wide environments end up looking less detailed and lo fi compared to the rest. They did some detailed textures and locales in BB/DD3/Sekiro but with so much bigger locales now I don't want to see far DS2 like textures and crappy samey walls again. Hope not and this blurry af footage doesn't work to answer that question.

Another thing is whether the combat is plainly the same as DS or there is some real advances, but regarding that I'm assuming it's just DS4. I've already seen rolling and I'm starting to think stealth is even a good thing lol. At least there's more options and new weapons. But it probably ends up being less than I'd hope for in regards to evolution of the core mechanics

Udreif

May 29, 2020
Leave it to me to play Debbie Downer right when everyone's excited about the Elden Ring leak, but I seriously wish FromSoft would finally give Tenchu proper another go (yes I know the story behind Sekiro). It feels like they're gonna keep making Souls-like games for eternity. They own the biggest franchise in a genre that's freaking dead as a doornail (and also my favorite, fuck me) and I don't see Acquire doing anything on their end any time soon...
Hey they're making an armored core right now so it's not like they've given up on their other franchises. Maybe not soon but I wouldn't say it's far-fetched to assume it will happen at some point.