• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
AMC will shoot up Monday as a bunch of shorts expire. They will have to buy up stock to cover. Everyone and their grandma will be getting in.

StillEdge

Oct 29, 2017
AMC will shoot up Monday as a bunch of shorts expire. They will have to buy up stock to cover. Everyone and their grandma will be getting in.
I don't know about everyone and their grandma. Now people have to find places that will sell them. Robinhood is literally restricting to 1 AMC stock right now lol. I got 25 sitting. I wanted to put 2k into it though. Trying to figure out my fidelity account.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Yee I'm betting on AMC shooting up a bit and getting a nice return on that. Gonna get about 40 shares. I wonder how high it will go though.
I don't see GME going over 800.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The nice thing about AMC is that I feel like it's really not terribly off from where it should be after the good news it got this week from the madness. It's not comically overvalued and ready for a massive crash like GME. It feels like the absolute worst case scenario for AMC in the short run is $5 a share or so, but honestly I expect it to settle at $9-10 after the madness is over - and I expect it to gradually gain value back once vaccines are more widely distributed and an MCU film comes back to theaters. It just won't have that insane potential to achieve the ridiculous heights of GME, and GME is already at ridiculous heights compared to what the stock should be worth.

OP
OP
faint

faint

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry that I have somewhat abandoned this thread as the OP. Truthfully, the bigger this story got, the less interested I have become. I still think there is a lot of upside and that this play has only started. I guess it just doesn't feel as fun knowing that as much media attention as we're getting, there are people pushing false narratives about retail investors and all that.

Smoothcb

Oct 27, 2017
Are funds transferred from and external bank account (let's say BoA) availabile immediately to trade on Fidelity like on Robinhood?

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I hope I'll be able to buy some AMC stock Monday morning before shit goes up. Fidelity warning me it could spike up or down by market open

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I'm thinking about buying more AMC even if only for a quick turnaround, but currently it's in my Robinhood account and it sounds like they're restricting it.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Wth...Robinhood is apparently not letting people view their statements? Which some require to switch brokerages.
Apparently Fidelity just needs your RH account number and will cover the $75 fee to RH
No buying restrictions either

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I have 178 ($2500) shares of AMC. My wife wanted to dump WAY more but I was like "...let's be safe". Now I want to do like $5000 more.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
That's awesome. Not a lot to go on as far as how it actually works.. any restrictions, etc... will check my fidelity account and try to figure it out though. Opened it for trading a day or two ago and if they really aren't going to charge me a fee I'm definitely more motivated to try to transfer stuff over quicker. Assuming it doesn't block me from making trades this week.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are funds transferred from and external bank account (let's say BoA) availabile immediately to trade on Fidelity like on Robinhood?

Yes, but if you sell anything before the funds settle (as in the transfer has completed), you'll get a "good faith" violation. A few of those and your account will be locked from trading for a long time. So buy as much as you want, but don't sell the stock until your transfer is completed.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I'm irrationally thinking about a five figure buy for AMC. No risk, no reward.
I mean, if you can spare the money and buy on a dip I think it's relatively lower risk. You probably wouldn't have a hard time selling above $10 at some point in the future, so if you can buy in at ~$12 like we saw the past few days it should be pretty safe. You could lose money but likely not a total loss.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if you can spare the money and buy on a dip I think it's relatively lower risk. You probably wouldn't have a hard time selling above $10 at some point in the future, so if you can buy in at ~$12 like we saw the past few days it should be pretty safe. You could lose money but likely not a total loss.
Yeah. That's what I'm thinking. If I lost it all, it wouldn't be the end of the world. It would just set me back a year or so for money that otherwise would've gone into savings anyway. No spouse. No kids. Yolo

Oct 25, 2017
Outer Heaven
Got out of GME, in on AMC for this week. Don't think we're going super high thanks to the RH bullshit. Hoping for a decent return.

In for long plays on NOK and BB. Not as confident in those.

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017
I bought a lot of BB when it was up a few dollars since I plan to hold for 4-5 years, I actually found out about the "meme" stock stuff like 10 minutes after when I had some articles about it pushed to my phone. I lost a pretty good amount already so I'm just going to hang on and stay disciplined. I think they actually have potential, but it'll take time.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What trading app are people flocking to from Robinhood? Reddit people have been saying Fidelity but seems like mixed reviews

looking for somewhere that never tried to stop people like Robinhood and some other apps did last week

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Well well well, billboards are surprisingly cheap. Might have to get in on advertising $GME and $AMC. YOLO, lol.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think this week will be the big one ?

lots of people have switch to different trade apps that don't have a limit and GameStop is known by everybody now since everybody has been talking about it

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA

lots of people have switch to different trade apps that don't have a limit and GameStop is known by everybody now since everybody has been talking about it
Honestly were at the point of "who the fuck knows". This entire situation is completely unprecedented. Hypothetically people being able to buy should help drive the price up, but that doesn't guarantee that nothing else will get in the way.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No one knows. Anyone who predicts is either making a completely blind uninformed call based on blind optimism or blind pessimism, making a vague guess based on a little knowledge, or making a less vague guess based on real knowledge. All are guesses.

My gut take (based on a little knowledge and study but not a lot) is that it could still be slow for a while, but it does seem like something *has* to happen that makes the price go up at *some* point. Just given the math. How much and when, I don't know.

If you have GME, keep your eyes open, and have a plan for if different situations happen. If you're serious about profits I'd encourage moderation and caution, if you're yoloing then see you at the moon!

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
meme0nk5h.jpg

Sorry if already posted but one of UK's largest trading platforms has stopped anyone buying GME but also AMC
www.bbc.co.uk

GameStop and AMC: UK trading platform IG stops new trades

The move by one of the UK's biggest trading companies comes amid a price war between amateurs and pros.

Really is despicable how they're trying to help the hedge funds.
more like trying to help billionaires that fancy themselves to be the superior race to the worker bees peasants. These fuck heads have forgotten why people see them as the 1% & it's up to the 99 to show them. And pushing down the lid is not gonna cut It this time, too many people have been burn by a lot of shit: lockdowns, no support from the gov, having to beg for scraps while fat cats continue to get rich! This shit has been building and this stock shit is the common person trying to release the pressure while saying fuck you to them. And now, these asshole want to stop them? Talk about throwing gas on a fire!

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

who knows, Gme could hit 500-700 or just drop like a rock on monday and the same can be said about these other stocks. The only thing we can do is guess on what might happen and take the risk.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
I spent a decade kicking my own ass for missing Bitcoin when it was worth nothing. So glad I saw the train for GME before it left the station. This is unreal.

PapaDev

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any Canadian exchange that doesn't have a 3+ delay before funds are available ? I registered with my bank (RBC Investing), hoping transfers would be less delayed... no idea when they'll be done processing my request.

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
Some more about RH's whole mess with money:
www.nytimes.com

The Silicon Valley Start-Up That Caused Wall Street Chaos (Published 2021)

Robinhood pitched itself to investors as the antithesis of Wall Street. It didn’t say that it also entirely relies on Wall Street. This past week, the two realities collided.
But the D.T.C.C.'s role is more than just clerical. Clearinghouses are supposed to help insulate a particular market from extreme risks, by making sure that if a single financial player goes broke, it doesn't create contagion. To do its job, the D.T.C.C. requires its members to keep a cushion of cash that can be put toward stabilizing the system if needed. And when stocks are swinging wildly or there's a flurry of trading, the size of the cushion it demands from each member — known as a margin call — can grow on short notice.

That's what happened on Thursday morning. The D.T.C.C. notified its member firms that the total cushion, which was then $26 billion, needed to grow to $33.5 billion — within hours. Because Robinhood customers were responsible for so much trading, Robinhood was responsible for footing a significant portion of the bill.

The D.T.C.C.'s demand is not negotiable. A firm that can't meet its margin call is effectively out of the stock trading business because D.T.C.C. won't clear its trades any more. "If you can't clear a trade, you can't trade a trade," said Robert Greifeld, the former chief executive of Nasdaq and current chairman of Virtu Financial. "You're off the island. You're banished."

For veteran players like Citadel Securities and JPMorgan Chase, generating additional hundreds of millions of dollars on short notice was not a problem. But for a start-up like Robinhood, it was a mad scramble.
The bigger players should be fine, but if things get crazy enough technically any of them could put restrictions on again to cool things down until there's enough reserves.
Be careful with debit spreads on GME .

Guess that justifies my paranoia about options. Not playing that stuff until I fully understand them. Related to RH again, from the above article:
Robinhood also popularized options trading among novices. An option is generally cheaper than buying a stock outright, but has the potential to lead to much bigger and faster gains and losses, which is why regulators and brokers have traditionally restricted trading in these financial contracts to more sophisticated traders.

I'm irrationally thinking about a five figure buy for AMC. No risk, no reward.
Five figures is a wide span...but whatever it is, if it's not a huge deal I guess yolo. There's a chance of a reward (maybe even significant), and at the price it's at it seems like it could be relatively limited downside, particularly longer term. It's not crazy to think it could go up from the current level, as long as premarket on Monday isn't crazy and push it up like crazy.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Five figures is a wide span...but whatever it is, if it's not a huge deal I guess yolo. There's a chance of a reward (maybe even significant), and at the price it's at it seems like it could be relatively limited downside, particularly longer term. It's not crazy to think it could go up from the current level, as long as premarket on Monday isn't crazy and push it up like crazy.
That's my worry with AMC. Premarket drives it up and then it doesn't see much if a dip. At $10-15 it's not too bad, at $16-20 I don't know that I'd recommend it.

GME is just a complete wildcard right now. Probably still room for easy profit if you buy during a dip, but who knows where it will go to or how long any spike will last.

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
That's my worry with AMC. Premarket drives it up and then it doesn't see much if a dip. At $10-15 it's not too bad, at $16-20 I don't know that I'd recommend it.

GME is just a complete wildcard right now. Probably still room for easy profit if you buy during a dip, but who knows where it will go to or how long any spike will last.
Yeah, but even then just saying like if you get in at $20 and drops to $10, you're not losing everything. Still a significant downside sure, but nothing like GME's current downside.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Yeah, but even then just saying like if you get in at $20 and drops to $10, you're not losing everything. Still a significant downside sure, but nothing like GME's current downside.
Oh yeah for sure. And I think even if AMC drops back to $10, if someone holds it it will likely go up a bit once things reopen. A GME crash would be like $300 to $20, lol. At this point I wouldn't really recommend anyone new jumps in on GME.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
There's a good chunk of articles out there on why AMC won't work as is being hyped, so those pulling numbers out to suggest what they see prices reaching or settling at would be helping more if they provided the thought process to those figures.

Encouraging and stoking FOMO should at least be backed by some sort of analysis imo. Creating bag holders as fuel for your own rocket isn't really cool.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah for sure. And I think even if AMC drops back to $10, if someone holds it it will likely go up a bit once things reopen. A GME crash would be like $300 to $20, lol. At this point I wouldn't really recommend anyone new jumps in on GME.

AMC was only $6 or so before the pandemic. There's been a lot of problems for a long time with them and the industry. Even saying it collapses to $10 is Summer 2019 levels.