Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i swear one thread ago people were making fun of others saying this might happen

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
And Vita!

this is very exciting news. And I "hope" might be a sign that More japanese Games start going with rollback. Granted this wasn't done by SNK proper so I'm not trying to read too much into it

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is honestly amazing, bless SNK and Code Mystics for doing this. Don't want to sound greedy but I hope they do this for their other classic games like KoF98 (and KoFXV but that ain't happening).

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Come get this Butt, y'all.
1286.jpg

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Aw yiss. Didn't buy it on PC for the longest time because it was the bad DotEmu version.

Oct 27, 2017
That wasn't handled by SNK (and never had online to begin with).
Isn't the switch version just the Arcade Archives release? I don't think they'll ever add online to that. It would be cool if they ported this version too.
Switch's SNK games are like the ACA collection which I don't think Code Mystics has any involvement with. They don't even have online.

Though honestly I'm shocked this is out on PC considering that was a Dotemu thing.
tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Please buy and support this people so that it can at least lead to other code mystics snk games get rollback (Like Last Blade 2) and maybe help convince SNK proper to invest in rollback in there own current titles.
Didn't know it was on Steam, but why does it have mixed reviews? what happened with the PC version?
Before today's update, it was a dotemu port which was basically just a MOTW rom that had frame skipping and input lag issues. Now it's the Code Mystics port that was on PS4/Vita and with the newly added rollback.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Soo.... what does this do again?

I'm not a rollback expert but I can tell you from experience, rollback preserves input timings and keeps them consistent. If the players get too far apart from each other in terms of delay, then rollback happens and re-syncs the players and the match continues like normal. Delay based netcode is extremely distance sensitive too so the further you are away the worse its gonna get while rollback is a bit less sensitive and allows you to play good matches with people much farther away.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just had a match with like 240 ping and it was still SUPER good, lol.

FUCK YES!!!!