• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Use your homing attack to defeat enemies and fill the boost meter. Then press the square button at the start of the race.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
Also... How important are good sneakers? I rarely use sport shoes (I use boots mainly) and didn't want to spend a lot of money and I bought some piece of shit sneakers at Walmart for $15 USD.

Oct 25, 2017
What if this guy is secretly like really looking out for you and this was a ruse to get you to exercise diligently for a month?

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Also... How important are good sneakers? I rarely use sport shoes (I use boots mainly) and didn't want to spend a lot of money and I bought some piece of shit sneakers at Walmart for $15 USD.

They are important, you need some good comfortable sneakers, I was prone to Nike and Adidas when I ran track. Mine were like around 60-80 dollars. Are you stretching before you actually run OP?

I was more a long runner than a sprinter though to be honest, ran the mile and 880.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
If you actually race with no training in 4 days then you're guaranteed hurting yourself, especially at 35

Getting fast takes a long time even when you're young.

This is how you get fast: If you want to be fast at 1-mile, run 3-6 miles as often as you can, for months.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The race is in 4 more days (Friday) and I haven't trained enough. I tried to do some fast sprints earlier today and my tights hurted like hell.

I'm fucked.
Pro tip: Never sprint cold. Warm up.

Moreover, try hill sprints. They are safer since they add gravity as resistance.

Once warmed up. Do sprints sensible sprints. Nothing all out. But do not sprint cold. You are tempting an injury.

Mistwalker

Oct 27, 2017
OP have I ever told you of the tale of Tonya Harding the Wise
This made me laugh so much harder than it probably deserved.

To the OP: listen to the folks advising you to stretch. It doesn't matter that it's a sprint that will be over in seconds, spend at least a few minutes (if not longer) thoroughly stretching/warming up.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
This is just some sort of Viral Marketing thing for Tag 2 right?
Tag_%282018_film%29.png

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For fucks sake Fernando you had a month to prepare.

They are important, you need some good comfortable sneakers, I was prone to Nike and Adidas when I ran track. Mine were like around 60-80 dollars. Are you stretching before you actually run OP?

I was more a long runner than a sprinter though to be honest, ran the mile and 880.

He's running 100m....once, those running shoes are going straight to the back of the closet when this is over.

Pro tip: Never sprint cold. Warm up.

Moreover, try hill sprints. They are safer since they add gravity as resistance.

Once warmed up. Do sprints sensible sprints. Nothing all out. But do not sprint cold. You are tempting an injury.

If he tries hill sprints 4 days out from the 'race' he's just going to hurt himself.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For fucks sake Fernando you had a month to prepare.

He's running 100m....once, those running shoes are going straight to the back of the closet when this is over.

If he tries hill sprints 4 days out from the 'race' he's just going to hurt himself.
You got that kind of mentality then you are destined to lose.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Mate, you don't even have enough time to train and recover properly now.

Unless this is a ruse to lull us into thinking you didn't train, when really you have, you are going to look like a massive bellend

Congrats

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
My advise, better make sure to stretch and warm up a LOT before. Otherwise you're not going to pass the finish line.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Damn just seeing this, I wish I could of helped you back in April. I'm a personal trainer so I make programs like this all the time. I haven't played basketball in a couple of years but I recently made a vertical leap training program for four weeks and now I can dunk as good as most nba guys again.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wish I saw this a month ago, lol.

But you would have wanted to do wind sprints. Basically, you would do a 50 yard dash as fast as you can, then walk back to the starting point as a rest. Repeat 10x. Do that for a week, then the next week you'd up the distance by 5 or 10 yards and keep working up every week until showtime. Doing a 50 yard dash once would become easy in a short period of time, and if you were really attempting to go as fast as you could each time, you'd have become a lot faster due to increased efficiency in cardiovascular health, working those muscles, having created muscle memory, and just by virtue of getting used to running. I'd also say do it on a field where you're not on hard pavement as it would be better for your body. If you really wanted to challenge yourself, you'd start trying to do it on sand a few times a week as that's way harder.

You'd also want to consider eating better and losing weight depending on what your situation is.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
It's just 100m. It'll be over in 30 seconds lmao. Warm up and then just go full throttle.

If you've trained a bit over the last month you'll be okay.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Yeah improving sprinting is really not taxing in an endurance way, you just train for short burst like post above. Prob would of had you do some 20 yard sprints in the beg with 2 min rest. Then increase a little at a time. Add in some bounding and plyo stuff and some banded side steps. I had a trainer when I got out of college and I was going to try and play professionally make me do banded walks up and down the football field. When I finished training I had become and absolute freak. I remember deandre jordan telling his friends when were in the line warming up in nba summer league say , " hey watch this white guy dunk" then he would ask me to do something to impress him

Oct 26, 2017
- Fartlek training (basically interval training where you implement high speed periods and normal pace periods. For instance, 1min sprint at least 70% of your max speed, 1min normal run until 10-20 minutes).

- Weightlifting. You increase speed by allowing your leg muscles to develop and build up. This way, you can develop some explosiveness.

All this to say, you're absolutely fucked lol.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn just seeing this, I wish I could of helped you back in April. I'm a personal trainer so I make programs like this all the time. I haven't played basketball in a couple of years but I recently made a vertical leap training program for four weeks and now I can dunk as good as most nba guys again.

Prove it.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018

Actually I can, I had my friend video me because I felt good last Monday when I went out to play for the first time in a year. I'm 34 and stopped playing at 28 so I was surprised I still had most of it. Mind you I did some jump training at this point for 3.5 weeks. I have to get the other video when I start getting crazy with the bounce windmill but this is me dunking pretty effortlessly when warming up.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually I can, I had my friend video me because I felt good last Monday when I went out to play for the first time in a year. I'm 34 and stopped playing at 28 so I was surprised I still had most of it. Mind you I did some jump training at this point for 3.5 weeks. I have to get the other video when I start getting crazy with the bounce windmill but this is me dunking pretty effortlessly when warming up.

Proof accepted!

Fernando wouldn't have followed your routine anyway.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018

I'm not sure but the fact you say "sport shoes"is not a great sign of things to come

Honestly though, if you lose and really want to beat this dude still, I'll help you train up for a few months and then you can dust this fool

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Run backwards at the start, you will hit a hidden bumper behind you that will propel you forward at an incredible speed

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Trying to imagine the scenario where a grown ass 40 year old dude is challenging people to foot races in the parking lot at work.

Amazing thread.