• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hot song, hot video. Hyolyn went off!

Tiffany had the bad luck of posting the snapchat filter one day before Korean Liberation Day. I think if it happened on any other day, it wouldn't be the shitstorm it was.

Anyway, support Luna's beautiful ballad!

Luna's new song is a ballad. Hmm. So no coreography?
Probably not. It's not a song you can really dance to.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
I was just going to come and post about Luna's new song, it's beautiful.
Edit: Also listened to the second track, and I love it too. A beautiful release.

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Actually do enjoy One More Time to a certain extent but in general there jap songs are meh.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017

Snuper getting out of their 80s synth pop Sweetune sound to deliver this trendier song. I don't like it as much as their previous stuff, but I think it's a clever move to get the atention of a different crowd. The chorus is great, though.

To think that out of a week that had new material from Luna, Snuper and Twice, my favourite track is the one by Lovelyz.

That instrumental melody in the intro and at the end of the chorus is SO GOOD. I'm not a fan of "seasonal" music, but it fits spring so well.

Quakeguy

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
The recent comebacks are just so weak. So many generic Kpop songs released recently. What is Love from Twice is catchy, but not even close to be as catchy as for example Knock Knock.

Weakest 5 months of Kpop for say the last 2-3 years?

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame people waste so much energy being offended by anything. This is the first I'm learning of this girl or this scandal. That is so stupid, especially when the filter is provided by Snapchat. Guess this is a great example of all the terrible things I've heard about netizens regarding kpop.

You've never heard of Tiffany?! Tiffany "DJ Put It Back On" Hwang? She was part of Girls' Generation until she didn't renew her contract last year, along with 2 other members.

Have they even performed as five members yet? I think Hyoyeon, Yoona, and Taeyeon just did solo songs when they were in Dubai last week.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The recent comebacks are just so weak. So many generic Kpop songs released recently. What is Love from Twice is catchy, but not even close to be as catchy as for example Knock Knock.

I don't agree at all. Great LOONA releases, BoA, both OMG releases, Chungha, iKON, Winner, WJSN, J-Hope's mixtape, GOT7, TWICE... And we still have a lot of stuff in May with BTS, Dreamcatcher or the Loona subunit.

MakotoYuki

Oct 28, 2017
Stray Kids seems to be doing well, already sold 50k of their debut album. Also NCT reached 200k with their 1st album, they finally having good sales.
ScbPT9i.png

This group has the kid vocalist from P101, he sang well, but now he raps. So weird.

Their ability to release so many forgettable Japanese songs is actually impressive.
They should slow down a bit.

BLACKPINK_Will_Take_Over_Until_The_End_of_This_Year
This means he will keep us waiting till the end of the year. I cant trust that man.

surprised no one posted this yet, but it was recently out
Didn't expect the japanese release to be better than the korean one, even though some parts aren't integrated well. Their choreogrpahies are so good, surprising for a group of vocalists.

They also released a remake of an 80s korean song

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
tumblr_p7nrneY1bO1qk12q0o1_1280.jpg

Boss.

I like this a lot. It's a shame the verses are such a non-event but the chorus is really good.

You've never heard of Tiffany?! Tiffany "DJ Put It Back On" Hwang? She was part of Girls' Generation until she didn't renew her contract last year, along with 2 other members.

Have they even performed as five members yet? I think Hyoyeon, Yoona, and Taeyeon just did solo songs when they were in Dubai last week.

The photos of all the SM artists in Dubai kinda weirded me out. There were a lot of groups there but so few of them with all of their original members*. Obviously the older groups like SuJu and TVXQ have been like that for ages but seeing the tattered remnants of SNSD, f(x) and Exo, and with Jonghyun gone, it was all a bit depressing. The fact that Joy was missing due to her drama exacerbated the whole thing further.

*I guess NCT might have been the only group with all of its members present? There are so many of them it's hard to tell though.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for the vid! All I really know about Girls' Generation is that there's a bunch of members and it's also named SNSD for some reason. There's so much left for me to learn about k-pop.

G-Nitro

Oct 27, 2017
Columbia, MD

I thought the first 4 months have been fantastic. Here are my personal first 3 months' Best 20 songs playlists. I think you'll be surprised. This year has been exceptional for hip hop especially. April had Drunken Tiger, YoonMirae, Flowsik & Jessi... so good this year. April playlist will be available in 6 days

January:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf1dXoG9K-aur71hefJ_U77BDSL0byp1W

February: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf1dXoG9K-asVHzb8STdOdkJF9EtyH61M

March: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf1dXoG9K-atUWFk6Qf1WgwlrfHUmxpv7

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the vid! All I really know about Girls' Generation is that there's a bunch of members and it's also named SNSD for some reason. There's so much left for me to learn about k-pop.
Gonna be honest, I've been into this stuff for almost a decade and I can't even name all of SNSD's members. Can't even do it with Twice lol. I only can when I absolutely love a group. Like Oh My Girl.

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be honest, I've been into this stuff for almost a decade and I can't even name all of SNSD's members. Can't even do it with Twice lol. I only can when I absolutely love a group. Like Oh My Girl.
BLACKPINK is the only group in which I can name all the members, and even then it depends on Jisoo's hair color. I learned while watching their TV show, but now it's harder to tell her and Rose apart :(

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
BLACKPINK is the only group in which I can name all the members, and even then it depends on Jisoo's hair color. I learned while watching their TV show, but now it's harder to tell her and Rose apart :(
Oh I can tell them apart, I just can't place the names. But I used to have this problem years ago since concepts, make-up, and hair change often. It's best to just focus on their facial features first. Once you do that you'll realize that they don't really look alike. Even with identical twins like Choa and Way from Crayon Pop.

BaraSailey

Oct 25, 2017
BTS announced another World Tour for anyone interested:

I'll pay insane amounts to see them at Prudential again, haha

zzzphi

Oct 29, 2017
I like this song but the whole horololo thing is kind of out of place and hurts the song imo. So far though both singles have been good I look forward to hearing the rest of the album.

I have to agree, I don't know what's up with the nonsensical words but they're not my thing, the songs however have been pretty good and the choreographies too, especially Blooming Day's, that one is really aesthetically pleasing, and Baekhyun has been dancing pretty well considering he's probably not even part of the dance line.

Didn't expect the japanese release to be better than the korean one, even though some parts aren't integrated well. Their choreogrpahies are so good, surprising for a group of vocalists.
They also released a remake of an 80s korean song

Yeah that was performed at North Korea recently right? I'm a bit of a sucker for all things 80s so I prefer the original, however the cover is pretty good, suits the ad well.

BTS announced another World Tour for anyone interested:

I'll pay insane amounts to see them at Prudential again, haha

They are coming to EUROPE, which is pretty incredible, so excited!

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
BTS North American ticket prices. Tickets for Chicago go on sale May 7th, Los Angeles go on sale on May 5th.

Really, can we get at least two weeks notice? These concerts aren't for another 5 months.

a9xE53a.jpg

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought a second Red Velvet ticket for $48 on Stubhub, section 110. They still have some in that price range. Lots of people trying to sell their tickets now, lol.

Are bts also performing on music shows?

Presumably, after they get back from Billboard. A few music shows, then prep for the world tour.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOONA hype =) been playing Yakuza 6 and finally finny. catching up on several back pages... almost caught up!

Snuper sounds good.

from Sol!d's 2nd album =)
You Sleeping in My Pocket [audio] 1995
[/audio]

Status
Not open for further replies.