• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
2bd.gif

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Surely there is ASW production quality and APlus quality to consider. It's also bad exploiting the ASW fame this way, they shouldn't have do that at the risk to damage all the brands involved. It was just a not very savvy thing to do. Moving on, I want to see how the development of this game proceed, I liked the series even recognising it had its problems and always thought it was perfect for a game adaptation.

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
At first, I was omega hyped.

Then, I read who the developer was...

...Then the genre

Yeah... I'll keep my eyes on this at best but for the moment I'm not hyped anymore. Visuals look good but so did the LWA game. At least we don't have to wait long to see whether this is a dumpster fire. Just a couple of weeks.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
At least with ArcSys not working on this the chance for a new GG announcement at evo is pretty high.
Yeah, but I'm talking about people coming in and shit posting about "lol this anime sux" and not those having critisms of Aplus and Arcys. Its not conducive to creating a discussion. It's edgelord nonsense at its peak.
It's a legitly bad anime with great animation tho. The plot is literally some let's just mash a bunch of shit together and see if people still eat it up levels of nonsense.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Developed by the same peeps that did LWA? Lmao i didn't think this announcement would turn out to be this bad.

Aki-at

Oct 25, 2017
They probably suspected the Arc System name would be enough to trick some fans. Sadly the developer has made me put this on the ignore list for now.

I only buy terrible Godzilla video games, no exception to that this time even if I really liked Kill la Kill!

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Wasn't there a countdown site teasing Trigger and ArcSys collab?
People who has been hyped for that may be disappointed if they're not a fan of Kill la Kill.
Well, Kill la Kill is a Trigger anime. It's not like they have that much of big anime yet.
Kill la Kill and Little Witch Academia are their most well known anime. And both are thematically very close (Same for Gainax's Gurren Lagann, by the director of Kill la Kill/co creator of Trigger) : metaphors about teenagers trying to accept who they truly are, despite what society want them to be. Through the destruction of your clothes for Kill la Kill (school uniform !), and through the learning of unortodox kind of magic for Little Witch Academia (which is also an allusion to art).
Also, it's a little bit too soon for a video game adaptation of Darling in the Franxx.
I think that if you like Trigger/Iroyuki Imaishi you definitely love Kill la Kill lol.
Also we just had a Little Witch Academia game so it was almost impossible.

Deleted member 35156

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 2, 2017
I never thought that a Batman game by a developer that wasn't really known for anything would be good but we got Arkham Asylum out of it so hopefully this ends up being a good game. At the very least the character models look on point from the screenshots...

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
At least with ArcSys not working on this the chance for a new GG announcement at evo is pretty high.
It's a legitly bad anime with great animation tho. The plot is literally some let's just mash a bunch of shit together and see if people still eat it up levels of nonsense.

No one takes Kill la Kill's plot seriously other than the people who hate the anime and think they're super smart for pointing out how dumb it is.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
No one takes Kill la Kill's plot seriously other than the people who hate the anime and think they're super smart for pointing out how dumb it is.
That's definitely not true tho, unless you want to actively ignore the annoying crazies who spend way too much time arguing that it is actually a deep commentary about feminism. Lol.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At least with ArcSys not working on this the chance for a new Persona announcement at evo is pretty high.

Fixed.

If I don't care for a series I'm not going to go into a thread about it getting a game just to remind people that I hate it.

Second. I like nonsense. I enjoyed the show and clearly so did a bunch of other people. I don't see what the point of going "lol it sucked" is.

Xeogran

Apr 25, 2018
Poland
I'm legit hyped for this. Couldn't care less if it's not fighter. I finally get to play as my favorite characters, and it's all that matters!

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
That's definitely not true tho, unless you want to actively ignore the annoying crazies who spend way too much time arguing that it is actually a deep commentary about feminism. Lol.

There are some themes of womanhood, accepting ones body and a couple other ones I'm forgetting cuz I just woke up but they are there. Just not super deep, but they are there. So I do partly agree with you there.

Terrible game for a terrible show.

What's it like being so damn edgy all the time friend? Surly it gets exhausting.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Fixed.

If I don't care for a series I'm not going to go into a thread about it getting a game just to remind people that I hate it.

Second. I like nonsense. I enjoyed the show and clearly so did a bunch of other people. I don't see what the point of going "lol it sucked" is.
Because it could still make a great game as the action in the show was pretty good, just about every single other thing about the show was garbo. So while I'm ok with it existing the hype around it is always some headscratcher to me.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
A+ also developed Sword and Darkness, Damascus Gear, Cube Creator DX, Sphephy and all the recent Kunio games. They also did graphics and design work on Persona 4 Arena, Blazblue, Guilty Gear XX and Guilty Gear Xrd.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Then what aspect of KLK is there to take seriously/care about.

The action? The humor?
Do you think people watch movies like The Raid or Judge Dredd for the plot?

There are always exceptions i guess.
But i wouldn't say that's representative of the average fan.
At least I'd hope it isn't.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A+ also developed Sword and Darkness, Damascus Gear, Cube Creator DX, Sphephy and all the recent Kunio games. They also did graphics and design work on Persona 4 Arena, Blazblue, Guilty Gear XX and Guilty Gear Xrd.

This would explain why LWA looked so good, but fails to explain why it sucked. Did the talent leave or something?

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess we can finally put the "Kill la Kill by Platinum!" meme to rest, at least.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't think ive ever gone from being hyped to being disappointed so quickly.;(

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The action? The humor?
Do you think people watch movies like The Raid or Judge Dredd for the plot?
There is a pretty big difference between a movie and an entire season of anime where they focus on the gibberish plot for half of it. Maybe if they could have condensed it down to 2 1/2 hours it wouldn't be so mindnumbingly annoying

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
If people can watch and find something redeeming in Darling in the Franxx then they can do the same for Kill La Kill.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
This would explain why LWA looked so good, but fails to explain why it sucked. Did the talent leave or something?
It was aimed at little kids and knowing Bamco probably had almost no funding put into it.

Among A+ Games' fully developed titles I've only played the 3DS Kunio games that Natsume brought over but they were solid brawlers.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
They really seem to know how to nail the styles they want in 3D. KLK was a fun enough show, and I don't mind seeing a developer that's trying to make a name for themselves, try to make a game for it. It's not like this is the ONLY GAME EVER POSSIBLE or anything. Even weird random stuff like the Naruto game made by Ubisoft on the old 360 had some stuff I still think was genuinely good. And that surely didn't stop the Storm games, or the new Strikers game, or an army of portable, mobile, and crossover games from being made with that property. Just like all the weird Atari games didn't keep DBFZ from eventually being created.

Welcome to your first step into games, Kill LA Kill. Lets see what you can do! Hopefully this does nothing but open doors for the brand.