Pieces like this make me wonder if Seb McKinnon actually gets any notes from WotC on what to do. I bet their notes on this one were "Hey Seb, we think you can do a killer piece for Vengeful Rebirth. Go fucking nuts." Man is a treasure.
Right, but the point is if you're seeing somebody selling the box topper sealed all by itself, you probably shouldn't buy it. Not unless you're willing to open a Stirring Wildwood. Some less scrupulous people might look inside the pack, see a card that's below market value for a sealed box topper, then try to flip it for the market rate instead.
The whole reason people are saying the set is $14 a booster is because unlike every other set where WOTC gives the booster MSRP, this time they only gave the BOX MSRP of $~333. In theory, stores that open boxes to sell boosters should not be selling them for $14, they should sell them for something less then that, and then they can sell the Masterpiece in whatever way they want
I figure this is as good a place as any to bring this up and look for suggestions. I own a physical 1:1 of the Magic Online Uncommon Cube. You can see my Cube here: http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/115165
The Cube hit Magic Online shortly after the release of Dominaria, and thus it is "out of date". I'm looking to update it by adding cards from Battlebond, Core Set 2019, and Guilds or Ravnica, as well as some cards that were downshifted in Ultimate Masters, while keeping the number of total cards locked at 600. I'm going to be doing an update at the end of December, and am looking for any and all ideas and suggestions for cards to add and remove.
Here are some initial thoughts I had for your consideration:
- Inner Demon replacing Drown in Sorrow
- Vampire Sovereign replacing Yargle, Glutton of Urborg
- Heroic Reinforcements replacing Stun Sniper
- Exclusion Mage replacing Merfolk Skyscout
- Poison-Tip Archer replacing Slimefoot, the Stowaway
- Meteor Golem replacing Serrated Biskelion
- Sinister Sabotage replacing Daze
- Murmuring Mystic replacing Turtleshell Changeling
- Chemister's Insight replacing Sight Beyond Sight
- Plaguecrafter replacing Merciless Executioner
- Goblin Cratermaker replacing Slith Firewalker
- Lava Coil replacing Dance with Devils
- Boros Challenger replacing Sky Terror
- Status / Statue replacing Putrefy
- Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker replacing Lingering Phantom
- Angel of Despair replacing Kiss of the Amesha
Other cards I'm considering looking to make room for: Militia Bugler, Druid of Horns, and maybe Thought Erasure.
Again, any and all ideas would be helpful. As I said, I'm hoping to do this update at the very end of the year, so I have plenty of time to consider various options.