• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Do you think consumers will really accept Monster Hunter Rise though? Isn't it like releasing Super Mario 64 after Super Mario Sunshine? Who would want that?

/obvious bad satirical attempt at concern trolling

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
13 Sentinels seems like it would be a good fit for the Switch audience but still I don't think anything would boost the game to mass popularity. It's just not that kind of game. Hopefully it did well enough so Vanillaware can keep making the games they want to make, I think that's the best we can hope for.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
13 Sentinels seems like it would be a good fit for the Switch audience but still I don't think anything would boost the game to mass popularity. It's just not that kind of game. Hopefully it did well enough so Vanillaware can keep making the games they want to make, I think that's the best we can hope for.
If all the small and medium Japanese games skipped Switch and released only on PS4 we would still be reading that Switch would do nothing to increase sales when it wasn't possible on PS4. When there's a limit on what you can sell you don't limit it even more.

Jul 14, 2020
I'm looking forward to everyone in this thread putting out their monster hunter forecast for the switch.

I think this is going to move a lot of hardware as well.

Nov 2, 2017
I'm looking forward to everyone in this thread putting out their monster hunter forecast for the switch.

I think this is going to move a lot of hardware as well.
Im the worst with predictions, but here is mine.

Monster Hunter Freedom 3 sold 2.146.467 first week on PSP. (by GDL)
My forecast is: Monster Hunter Rise will also have a First Week over 2M. and will end up with a 3X FW multiplier. : 6M+ LTD
The Switch will sell 225k that week.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yall just reminded me that Resonance of Fate isn't on switch. Sega strikes again. or was that all on Tri-Ace?

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Do I really need to unleash my Paddling of Punishment on several people? Inaff with the intentionally bad predictions before I bonk each and everyone of you.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do I really need to unleash my Paddling of Punishment on several people? Inaff with the intentionally bad predictions before I bonk each and everyone of you.

tenor.gif

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls is the highest PS5 game on Comg Chart. Ranked at 10 with 12 pts. Miles is 13th with 10pts. Black Ops Cold War and Valhalla at 19th and 20th with 6 and 5pts.

Gonna be a very rough launch.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Previous openings at comg

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 192pts
Marvel's Spider-Man - 164pts
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - 77pts

Last edited:

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
COMG! preorders chart, Week 46 2020:
Each point represents one preorder at this retailer. It is a relatively small retailer located in one region so be careful when you extrapolate, especially regarding Otaku games (overrepresented) and family games (underrepresented).

1. Momotaro Dentetsu - 104 pts (+18 pts)
2. Monster Hunter Rise - 72 pts (+7 pts)
3. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - 56 pts (+15 pts)
4. Atelier Ryza 2 (PS4) - 29 pts (-1 pt)
5. Atelier Ryza 2 (NSW) - 27 pts (+0 pt)
6. Atelier Ryza 2 Collector's Edition (NSW) - 15 pts (+0 pt)
7. Cyberpunk 2077 – 14 pts (+1 pt)
8. Derby Stallion - 12 pts (+4 pts)
9. Monster Hunter Rise Double Pack - 11 pts (+2 pts)
10. Zoid Wild: Infinity Blast Collector's Edition - 7 pts (+0 pt)
11. Atelier Ryza 2 Collector's Edition (PS4) - 7 pts (+2 pts)
12. Aleste Collection Collector's Edition (PS4) - 6 pts (+0 pt)
13. Nier Replicant sqrt(1.5) - 6 pts (RE)
14. Aleste Collection Collector's Edition (NSW) - 5 pts (+0 pt)
15. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - 5 pts (+0 pt)
16. Dragon Quest XI S (PS4) - 5 pts (RE)
17. Story of Season Ranch of Olive Town - 4 pts (NEW)
18. Densha de Go!! Hashirou Yamanote Line (PS4) - 4 pts (NEW)
19. RIDE 4 - 4 pts (NEW)
20. Rune Factory 5 Collector's Edition - 3 pts (NEW)

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
i'm going to laugh if Kingdom Hearts rhythm game sells more on switch than ps4
Why is that? Isnt the Switch version in favor to sell the most? After all, the Switch has sold a lot more systems/units and is assumingly a more active system at this point in time. And several of rhythm game has sold well on Nintendo platforms before.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
Miles morales TANKED in japan sheesh. Would be tragic if no PS5 games make it to the top 10 sales next week.
Switch sales seems to be stable from last week, so i guess we could see another 100k+ week after all.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
there's a pretty simple reason actually, but people seem to forget it each time the question is raised
xrZywGj.png
Ehhh, I don't buy that at all. That number can be compressed significantly, I'm sure. And no one is saying it has to be on one cart. Even on PS4 it is on two discs. If they actually tried it could be done, but Square Enix obviously has no interest in putting games on Switch when there is a risk of upsetting Sony by doing so.

Deleted member 15360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because it is a canon KH game on a platform without a single KH game before it
It's not like there has never been kh game made for the Nintendo systems.

Rhythm games have an audience on Nintendo unlike PlayStation platform.
Tbh the canon story is is very very less and added towards the end

Ehhh, I don't buy that at all. That number can be compressed significantly, I'm sure. Any no one is saying it has to be on one cart. Even on PS4 it is on two discs. If they actually tried it could be done, but Square Enix obviously has no interest in putting games on Switch when there is a risk of upsetting Sony by doing so.

Lol please

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I hope if Kingdom Hearts sells good on Switch that they bring the collection to it.
Its success won't mean anything. The reason KH hasn't been brought over yet isn't the audience nor the hardware.
I think he means, since the KH series is basically synonymous with PS.
The KH series has had 3 exclusive titles on Nintendo systems before. It would be remarkable moreso because the whole series is available on PS, which is the opposite on the Switch where not a single game is present.
there's a pretty simple reason actually, but people seem to forget it each time the question is raised
xrZywGj.png
That isn't really an issue when they can sell the thing piecemeal like other publishers have done with their collections already.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
just the irony of that happening despite them stubbornly refusing to release the backcatalogue of KH games on it. There's really no excuse for KH Story So Far to not be on Switch...

also this:
Because it is a canon KH game on a platform without a single KH game before it
I think he means, since the KH series is basically synonymous with PS.
Understood. I still think the Switch version is in favor to sell the most copies due to it being the most popular system by a far margin, and rhythm games might be more prefered on a portable system. I also think theres a bigger overlap when it comes to Kingdom Hearts fans (as in many fans owning both a PS4 and a Switch), and there has been exclusive KH games on Nintendo platforms before (so its not exactly a very unknown IP on Nintendo platforms). And previous multiplatform games in general have done better on Switch as well :)

About "Story So Far", couldnt that be a size issue? Its pretty big in total size, if i'm not mistaken. EDIT: Already mentioned above.

Last edited:

Deleted member 63122

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Its success won't mean anything. The reason KH hasn't been brought over yet isn't the audience nor the hardware.

The KH series has had 3 exclusive titles on Nintendo systems before. It would be remarkable moreso because the whole series is available on PS, which is the opposite on the Switch where not a single game is present.

That isn't really an issue when they can sell the thing piecemeal like other publishers have done with their collections already.
neither of those were the numbered titles,

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh, I don't buy that at all. That number can be compressed significantly, I'm sure. And no one is saying it has to be on one cart. Even on PS4 it is on two discs. If they actually tried it could be done, but Square Enix obviously has no interest in putting games on Switch when there is a risk of upsetting Sony by doing so.
Ehh they did it with Final Fantasy which is clearly the most "contentious" franchise of the two. I think they tried but it didn't make sense financially at the time (why not wait a bit when carts price go down ?)

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
File size is the least of the problems if Square wanted to release Kingdom Hearts on Switch. Capcom has tried worse things with carts.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Square Enix could release 1.5 and 2.5 separately on Switch and make even more money lol

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Do you really think it would go over well to sell a 40$ collection as games separately? people already complain when there's the slightest price difference between console versions of a game

of course file size is an issue, it has always been one for ports of Switch titles

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure that its possible to get the KH games up and running on the Switch on a techincal level, i agree to that, but i really doubt that they're afraid of upsetting Sony. Otherwise, why is this rhythm game on Switch?

neither of those were the numbered titles,
Thats true, but neither is this newly released rhythm game though =)

EDIT: It also true that the main Kingdom Hearts games are mostly recognized as Playstation games, as you mentioned, but there is some history of KH games being on Nintendo platforms too, so i think it has some recogintion there as well.

Last edited:

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
xrZywGj.png
Just split them up then.

KH HD 1.5 ReMIX (PS3) 22.2GB
KH HD 2.5 ReMIX (PS3) 20.2GB
KH HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (PS4) 29.63GB
KH HD 1.5 + 2.5 HD ReMIX (PS4) 45.24GB

And for comparison:

FFX/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3) 22.89GB
FFX/X-2 HD Remaster (PS4) 32.11GB
FFXII: The Zodiac Age (PS4) 40.68GB
FF Type-0 HD (PS4) 26.8GB

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm sure that its possible to get the KH games up and running on the Switch on a techincal level, i agree to that, but i really doubt that they're afraid of upsetting Sony. Otherwise, why is this rhythm game on Switch?

Thats true, but neither is this newly released rhythm game though =)

EDIT: Its true that the main Kingdom Hearts games are mostly recognized as Playstation games, but there are some history of KH being known for Nintendo platforms as well.
Rhythm games are inherently a niche genre. Similar to Musou games and Persona. I was being a little melodramatic with my comment but I do sincerely believe that Sony plays a role in preventing some third party titles from being released on Nintendo platforms.

Ehh they did it with Final Fantasy which is clearly the most "contentious" franchise of the two. I think they tried but it didn't make sense financially at the time (why not wait a bit when carts price go down ?)

Maybe, we'll see. Final Fantasy also has a history with Nintendo so it's a little different I feel. They never stopped releasing old FF games on Nintendo handhelds. I'll eat my hat when a mainline FF game launches on a Nintendo platform alongside a Sony platform.

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Do you really think it would go over well to sell a 40$ collection as games separately? people already complain when there's the slightest price difference between console versions of a game

of course file size is an issue, it has always been one for ports of Switch titles
That's exactly what Capcom did and one would think they'd never dare to sell DMC2 standalone and yet here we are.

We need to stop coming up with excuses for these publishers. The reasons have nothing to do with technical limitations. If Square wanted to bring KH to the Switch it would've already happened.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017

On Xbox 1.5 + 2.5 is $50 and 2.8 is $60. Full price late ports are no issue tbh.