• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Beat
Dan.
Was surprisingly easy, much easier than the thing before that.

Is there now some kind of time limit akin to Dead Rising?
Game made it sound like that.

Great gif indeed.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
Well that crew management video did the complete opposite, everyone's morale is at an all time low, I've put my useless people on outgoing missions and they still won't die, really have no idea how to get rid of them, and to top it all off I've still had no new distress signals....top.

All side missions are timed. Its 24 hours in game time or so. If you sleep in a shelter for a full 24 hours when you wake up your crew will give you all new missions to do. If there are no new distress signals then sleep another 24 hours. It costs a lot of food and drink but is the best way.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
Is anyone else getting "Network is unstable" messages when playing co-op? I haven't been able to finish a match for a couple of days now. It either disconnects at the start or near the end. My connection is great for everything else, so that's what made me think it may be a server side issue.

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
Is anyone else getting "Network is unstable" messages when playing co-op? I haven't been able to finish a match for a couple of days now. It either disconnects at the start or near the end. My connection is great for everything else, so that's what made me think it may be a server side issue.
On PSN it happened to me twice yesterday, haven't played today, and never happened before

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
All side missions are timed. Its 24 hours in game time or so. If you sleep in a shelter for a full 24 hours when you wake up your crew will give you all new missions to do. If there are no new distress signals then sleep another 24 hours. It costs a lot of food and drink but is the best way.

Tried that, ended up doing 6 in ame days worth and still just rare animals and containers.

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tried that, ended up doing 6 in ame days worth and still just rare animals and containers.

Send them out 2 at a time, no gear, on a 20 minute mission. Takes 4-8 missions to kill.

If everyone's morale is low I strongly suggest fixing that because that dictates food harvest bonuses and starts a downward spiral.

Kill shit people until all 3 base things are in the + every cycle, wait for morale to improve, then expand slowly.

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
Send them out 2 at a time, no gear, on a 20 minute mission. Takes 4-8 missions to kill.

If everyone's morale is low I strongly suggest fixing that because that dictates food harvest bonuses and starts a downward spiral.

Kill shit people until all 3 base things are in the + every cycle, wait for morale to improve, then expand slowly.

Done this, down to 9 people in the base, all 3 base numbers are +450 and my base development fluctuates between D and C, won't go above that and I still don't get any distress signals.

With Sea Of Thieves, Assassins Creed Rogue Remastered (Never Played This one), Far Cry 5 and God Of War 4 and Surviving Mars coming out I've decided to call it a day with MGS for the time being, see where future updates take it and I might jump back into it, 80+ hours sunk into it, not bad for a game that got slated across the board, loved my time with it.

8_bit_tony

Jan 29, 2018
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm finding the whole base management stuff quite daunting and a little lost in it... Are there tutorials or anything I can look at? Or is it just trial and error through the many many layers of UI?

Just expanded my base (took me a while to realise you could destruct all the junk around it) but everything seems negative when I get reports.

Also, have four base members ill who have been for a while. They all need an antibacterial drug, but I haven't come across any in the last 4-5 hours. Thought maybe I could do a daily mission and noticed there is one which is to kill 5 Bombers - but they're not exactly easy to come across. Killed one during a transporter defence, but now I feel my only option is to run around and try and find some more.

Sorry if this seems negative, just the one part of the game I'm struggling with. Found this thread really useful though, it's a great community outside of the negativity surrounding the game.

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Done this, down to 9 people in the base, all 3 base numbers are +450 and my base development fluctuates between D and C, won't go above that and I still don't get any distress signals.

With Sea Of Thieves, Assassins Creed Rogue Remastered (Never Played This one), Far Cry 5 and God Of War 4 and Surviving Mars coming out I've decided to call it a day with MGS for the time being, see where future updates take it and I might jump back into it, 80+ hours sunk into it, not bad for a game that got slated across the board, loved my time with it.

No worries. Enjoy.

If you do get back try the other map for Distress Signals, they usually take 3ish days to pop for me.

You also need to keep picking up all the sidequest prompts from all your base people in both regions.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man snake eater is the best metal gear song ever. I was about to join up a queue for rescue mission and the song came on so I'm just sitting here listening to it to completion.

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
Played an awful rescue match with no one working cohesively. Never been so happy to get a network unstable notification.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Played an awful rescue match with no one working cohesively. Never been so happy to get a network unstable notification.
I just played one where I ended up with 10000 plus personal score and the second place person was 1500. I was do damn salty as no one was protecting the damn guy and started the digger immediately at the beginning.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
OMG STOP THROWING BOMBS ON THE TARGET! WHY IS NO ONE RUNNING AHEAD AND HELPING ME BLOCK WHERE HUNDREDS ARE SPAWNING FROM?! STOP ACTIVATING THE DIGGER WHILE WE'RE PUTTING HEAVY DAMAGE ON BIG MOUTH!

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Btw guys. If you haven't used them yet: Try out decoys. All the different decoys.
I have seen the decoy light and it is glorious.

You know when you call in interceptor units and it's all those spinning blades but they are all off the path the wanderers take?
Put fences behind the blades then put a decoy behind the fence
Or put a foothold somewhere and put a decoy on top and traps around
so much stuff to do
and in rescue missions the carrier can actually throw decoys as well and just kinda throw them behind him or to the side of his path and the wanderers will react to them and leave him alone

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes!

Check if you can craft the decoy pouch. I have the small one equipped and can carry a max of 10 but what's great is you can equip different kinds of Decoys. I'm running with 20 right now because of it. I probably don't NEED 20 but whatever, lol.

Last edited:

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
This game has many flaws, and parts that I am very frustrated at. But it also one of the best open world/exploration/experimentation and combat games I ever played. It's a pretty cool sandbox that has it's weird rules and problems, but it's fun working around those and get the best out of it.

Oct 27, 2017
i had a ton of fun with this game. kind of reminded me of evil within 2. sort of a great, leisurely explore, frantically fight, gameplay loop. and i liked the loose divine comedy references.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Should I use the debris/junk in my base and salvage it, or is it good for holding off wanderers later on? I could use some stuff to build a closed fence defense around the base.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Scavenger is such a great skill. Being able to pick up every material at once puts a smile on my face. Same with all the arrows on the floor.

Just did a Hard Rescue mission. 1800 BP with a booster. Going to stick with Hard until the booster runs out. Another 5 days so gotta make the most of it. Currently have 6600 BP.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If people start the digger on rescue within the first couple of minutes and haven' s up defenses I'm just quitting. Jesus this mode isn't that hard at all.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat Frostbite. Easier than Bigmouth IMO but that's because of my equipment. You can duck in and out using the buildings to avoid him.

Flame arrows messed him up. Kept ticking off 27 dmg, which isn't alot but it was constantly on him. That perk to have a chance at not wasting arrows helped, too.

I got 2 Epic gear enhancement kits from him. One for Wolf's Eye and the other for Med (Radius). The first one is for the head and the other, gloves/sleeves. This is going by the icons next to them.

I was dismantling some equipment since I ran out of space and came across a helmet I didn't know I had. 2 perks on it:

Damage Nullifier
Fatal Blows Avoided

The first one gives me a chance that damage taken is nullified. The 2nd gives me a chance at withstanding lethal damage. Crafted and equipped with the quickness, lol.

Going to do some teleporters runs for mats. Need some Aluminum. Then tomorrow I'll do more Rescue runs.

Speaking of Rescue, someone figured out there's a way to run faster while holding the survivor. Start running, then stop and when you stop, you'll notice your character does a little slide. When you see that, start running again and he should run faster than normal. Here's a link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgears...ipglitch_want_to_sprint_like_jj_fast_running/

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I wasn't able to login for a few days and now all my milk is spoiled, geez.

Now at new fob. After I just built up my base and was getting a rhythm.

Yeah it kind of stops you getting too comfortable, it's the only part of the game that made me "hurry" to progress so I could get back.

And on the plus side, all that lovely kitchen waste will come in handy :)

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Yeah it kind of stops you getting too comfortable, it's the only part of the game that made me "hurry" to progress so I could get back.

And on the plus side, all that lovely kitchen waste will come in handy :)

Waste will be useful? Where does it come from? I had one unit but tossed it.

My plan for awhile is to sometimes use spoiled items and then rest so all negative effects are removed.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Waste will be useful? Where does it come from? I had one unit but tossed it.

My plan for awhile is to sometimes use spoiled items and then rest so all negative effects are removed.
Sorry, without wanting to spoil anything, spoiled food will eventually turn to Kitchen waste, which you can use 100(?) of to craft
Revive pills

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
If people start the digger on rescue within the first couple of minutes and haven' s up defenses I'm just quitting. Jesus this mode isn't that hard at all.
We're back at square one lol. Yeah I honestly don't get it, just 3 mins Max of putting up some defenses and clearing out the side missions, that's all you need. But people are too, impatient, lazy, or dumb (maybe all three) to realize this

Oct 27, 2017
Shit, I'm addicted to the farming. I've collected 12000BP in the last two days and people are starting to befriend everyone on PSN to get faster matchmaking it seems.

Rescue missons on hard have become super easy, because everyone has learned the routine by now. I hope they add a harder mode.

Can anyone confirm that they have dialed down the drop rates of purple gear in the last week or so? I've done at least 2 hard missions with S-rank and only received one sad purple item...then I've seen an older youtube video with someone
getting 4 purple items which hasn't happened to me once in my 100+ hours playtime.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i spent the better part of last weekend trying to get my team ratings up and doing base digging missions, and I came to the conclusion that there is a lot more to do in the single player end game than I originally thought.

The problem is a lot of it is time gated.

First Problem: 24 hour cap on Base Digs. This needs to go. Let me do one full dig a day. I get that they want people playing coop, and they want people to shell out cash for base dig missions, but this is hurting the game imo. There needs to be something to do solo when I login everyday. For that matter, they can make all Digs 2 waves so you can get loot everyday and start the next Dig the same day.

2) Let me Discharge my shitty performers. Once again, I liked micromanaging my teams, putting them from one team to another to min max my teams' ratings but there is no point in grinding distress missions if getting rid of one guy takes like 2-3 hours of exploration missions.

3) Mix Singularity missions with distress signals. Just going to grab them and running back isnt all that fun, especially in Afghanistan. Things get a lot more hectic in Africa, and thus more fun. Rescue missions have super charged zombies with insane speeds. They can make singularity missions a lot harder by having you protect the survivor AND the digger against these super fast zombies. Put a cap of 2 or three per day so people still login to play coop everyday.

4) Let me convert my hundreds of meats and animal parts into kuban energy or something. There is no point letting them spoil because revival pills now cost 4.5 million kuban. I dont have any energy left to unlock perks after I dump 4.5 million energy into leveling up in the 60s. This can be a nice little source of income every few hours. And another reason to increase your base team ratings.

5) Add Legendary mats to the Container missions. And surround them with Level 60 mortars, trackers and bombers. There are a couple in Africa by wrecked base that are so much fun but they give shit rewards. Lets have that around every container. Again, limit them to 5 a day on each map so people arent just farming them all day instead of playing coop.

I know the dev team is very good at listening to feedback and fixing issues so I hope they look at this thread and make the end game in SP a lot less grindy. I know they want to make money from base digs, but limiting them to 2 waves per dig isnt going to hurt their microtransactions that much. People who are willing to pay will still pay to do more than 1 dig a day.

What would you guys like to see in the end game?

(posted this on reddit earlier, figured i'd post here as well)

Deleted member 21326

User requested account closure.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Info regarding upcomming content and stuff that was added today https://m.imgur.com/a/d3PYl#IZNeZHY wont let me embed for some reason.

Regarding future content updates ( 2018/03/20 text update )
Thank you for playing METAL GEAR SURVIVE.
Information regarding future updates :

April
- Adding a new difficulty level for Daily Missions (Extreme)
- Adding a new difficulty level for Weekly Missions (Extreme)
- Holding a new event

* The detailed schedule for these updates will be announced later
* Due to development schedule, the schedule may slightly differ
* We will continue to fix the balance and glitch continuously
Notice regarding bug fixes and game balance
We have fixed several issues and balanced elements in the game during today's regular maintenance.
Please take a look at the patch notes for further details.

Content :
- Added a new reward "Field Manual" to Rescue Missions (limited time offer).
- Fixed several issues and adjusted the overall game balance.

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
Info regarding upcomming content and stuff that was added today https://m.imgur.com/a/d3PYl#IZNeZHY wont let me embed for some reason.

Notice regarding bug fixes and game balance
We have fixed several issues and balanced elements in the game during today's regular maintenance.
Please take a look at the patch notes for further details.

Content :
- Added a new reward "Field Manual" to Rescue Missions (limited time offer).
- Fixed several issues and adjusted the overall game balance.
That has me hyped!

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Anyone else having trouble getting into the game? I keep getting "failed to connect to the server" errors. Haven't found anything online regarding others experiencing this right now.

Extremely annoying as I haven't touched the online and just want to continue my singleplayer game.

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
Damn. Stuck on chapter 19.
Survive for 16 minutes.
And they blew it up with 10 seconds left.

Sonsuv..
Feels Bad Man... Wait till you do base digs at your base, and each wave has a pause of 24 hours and you get caught up doing something the next day, but didnt fortify your base too well before bed and then you login after they just ransack and pillage and destroy everything in it...
Not that I know from experience or anything....

Mitochondrion

Oct 27, 2017
What are the benefits of having a second save? How does it help between saves? I know it cost money but you can actually get it for free if you login on days where SV coins are given or play the current Event where you can get SV coins from reaching certain Battle Points threshold.

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
What are the benefits of having a second save? How does it help between saves? I know it cost money but you can actually get it for free if you login on days where SV coins are given or play the current Event where you can get SV coins from reaching certain Battle Points threshold.
If you miss a certain hidden trophy from the story, and to farm mats a lot fast as the storehouse is shared between characters.

Mitochondrion

Oct 27, 2017
If you miss a certain hidden trophy from the story, and to farm mats a lot fast as the storehouse is shared between characters.
What about Base Camp? Does it increase automatic resources collection? If the first save Base Camp get destroyed from the Base Camp Dig, can the second save Base Camp act as a backup? So I can still get resources such as Water, Dirty Water and Animal Meats from the second save Base Camp?