• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should we move to a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 86 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
If it's delayed, the best thing they could do at this point is drop a multiplayer beta "available now" so everyone can play the game and not spend months speculating on if it's actually worth the extra time or not.

Jan 4, 2018

He is the host at Inside Xbox Brazil.

He is saying: Today they confirmed to me they will show something I was hoping for years now. Pray they don't cancel this.

"for years".

Last Perfect Dark was in 2005. Last Banjo was in 2008. Last Jet Force Gemini was in 1999. Last Conker was in 2001. Last KOTOR was in 2005.

I think I'm dreaming too much :(

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
This was an announcement they made this week. Not at the beginning of this gen. Going forward they won't be doing exclusive deals with Sony or Microsoft (nor will they make games exclusive to PS4 for no reason), they want to double down on multiplatform.

Does this increase the chances for the much needed Kingdom Hearts Xbox remasters because those are needed for 3 to succeed.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
They were clearly planning on that E3 trailer ending with 2019, so they must think what they're going to show would have softened the blow. Then again I don't expect them to make us wait till 2019 to play it, probably a Q4 multi beta and Q1 release date. Give people something to play, the cloud multi is clearly what people are interested in. Side note, I can't believe people in the Kotaku thread are that surprised by the delay. Like it's was delayed to Summer 2018, did they think it was going to get shadow dropped or forced out to die in the holidays.

Oct 27, 2017
They were clearly planning on that E3 trailer ending with 2019, so they must think what they're going to show would have softened the blow. Then again I don't expect them to make us wait till 2019 to play it, probably a Q4 multi beta and Q1 release date. Give people something to play, the cloud multi is clearly what people are interested in. Side note, I can't believe people in the Kotaku thread are that surprised by the delay. Like it's was delayed to Summer 2018, did they think it was going to get shadow dropped or forced out to die in the holidays.

Yes, or it being cancelled.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, or it being cancelled.
giphy-downsized.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Crackdown 3 is coming in 2018. Sumo is moving out from the development. Microsoft was sending 13 millions in 2016 for developpement. Microsoft sent 9.8 millions in 2017 and the loss are going up. That make sense for taxe and credit in uk. I am still on for a june annoucement. Hope I am right but if they are not putting that game on the market soon ... it maybe for an other reason that the investment are moving out.

This was yesterday. Now I really wonder what is going on.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm about to go to bed and I wonder how many pages the Crackdown cancellation thread will be at when I get up?

Where's the old woman on the rollercoaster gif lol

Oct 26, 2017
I mean are we really surprised about the delay?

A little. It wasn't long ago that Phil Spencer tweeted that the team was locked in on a date and that it wouldn't be too long anymore. Whether he meant release or update with that I don't know. Some of us got a little more hopeful after that tweet and now it has changed once again.... .

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
A little. It wasn't long ago that Phil Spencer tweeted that the team was locked in on a date and that it wouldn't be too long anymore. Whether he meant release or update with that I don't know. Some of us got a little more hopeful after that tweet and now it has changed once again.... .
Possible that they're still locked in on the date. What if it's a February title or something and they know the exact date in February?

Stixitnu

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 9, 2018
It may be just me but I don't believe a word he says. They're to the point where I question everything they announce which is a shame.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
That crackdown thread is a prime example of why ms shouldn't announce games like fable so far out .

Oct 27, 2017
That didn't mean it would be soon. Realistically the only time it could be released was this summer or 2019. You aren't going to put it anywhere near this fall.

Oct 26, 2017
Possible that they're still locked in on the date. What if it's a February title or something and they know the exact date in February?

That didn't mean it would be soon. Realistically the only time it could be released was this summer or 2019. You aren't going to put it anywhere near this fall.

I guess you guys have a good point there. If it's really the SP causing this second delay maybe release the MP portion during the summer and release the campaign when its done. I don't think fans would mind that.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
That crackdown thread is a prime example of why ms shouldn't announce games like fable so far out .
More like example of just say whatever they want even it doesn't even make sense, oh and that Ubisoft+Microsoft interview thread too.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/va...es-as-microsoft-looks-beyond-platforms.47239/
I don't blame OP didn't put the article into the thread, because i bet even he did, some people that wanna bash MS(and Ubisoft) still would't read any word from it.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
More like example of just say whatever they want even it doesn't even make sense, oh and that Ubisoft+Microsoft interview thread too.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/va...es-as-microsoft-looks-beyond-platforms.47239/
I don't blame OP didn't put the article into the thread, because i bet even he did, some people that wanna bash MS(and Ubisoft) still would't read any word from it.
The only thing that matters is that people who have info are saying it will be Microsoft's best E3 show in years and that's a net positive for Xbox fans. The people who bash Xbox are still going to find some reason to bash them no matter what, as Long as they make Xbox fans happy, all is well.

Oct 26, 2017
And this is why I only stick to this thread on the gaming side

Same here. On daily basis I'm mostly here and in some other threads but newly created Xbox threads ,whether positive or negative news I just don't go in there.

Meh, screw that. For some it doesn't matter what MS does it's never good enough anyway. Crackdown delay certainly isn't shocking or anything.

Tired of the doom and gloom bullshit anyway and just some folks saying shit for the hell of it. This thread here is where it's at!

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Has there been any word on Ori and the Will of the Wisps after E3? I heard someone involved with AM2R is on level design for that game, but I don't know how far in development it is.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crackdown's problem is that it had release windows but kept getting delayed. Future games being announced without a release window wouldn't really be problematic if they don't give release windows then delay several times.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Microsoft shouldn't announce any next gen games at this E3 like Fable or Perfect Dark. They need to avoid another situation like this from ever happening again.

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah i wont go to that crackdown thread, im still keeping my expectation low , im a big gears fan and hope to see what the coalition are working

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
But we already know that, if that is the megaton that's hardly bombastic.

That's been practically Confirmed at this point. I'm guessing there is more potential mega tons that we don't know.about

My point is that it is a megaton level announcement regardless if we have caught wind of it. If you are expecting more than the acquisition of a 9-figure studio, I would temper expectations. That's all I'm saying. The big one has been dropped.

Spanic

Oct 31, 2017
US
I'm taking the Crackdown news as good news even though I wanted to play it this year because of this post and others by Jez and Klobrille:
I think fans of CD3 will be impressed by what they see, but a bit disappointed at the same time too. This comment will probably make more sense when all the details are out.

This must be the disappointing thing, therefore the game will be impressive.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I think Microsoft will drop price of Xbox One S to $199 and Xbox One X to $449 at E3.

I know PS4 Pro hasn't gotten a price cut but I think Microsoft will cut it regardless.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
I said this in another thread. If they need to delay Crackdown 3 to get the MP right, then I'm all for it. Hate for this to be the killer of future cloud based MP games if released prematurely. Lots of potential in this area.

Jan 4, 2018
Microsoft shouldn't announce any next gen games at this E3 like Fable or Perfect Dark. They need to avoid another situation like this from ever happening again.

Announce games, then announce release dates when it's almost ready.

I don't like the fact that I don't know what's coming next on Xbox One from Microsoft, excepting Crackdown 3 (maybe I forgot something else?) for which I have zero interest. What is the future ?

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Great So We Have Only FH4 For 2018 as AAA game......

I Just Can't get it How multi billion dollar Compeny Could Not Fix this Problem early Instead they have been in this Situation For a long time?

I Guess We Should Just Forget About This Gen and Wait For the Next Gen Since they Only start To think about the Xbox

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Great So We Have Only FH4 For 2018 as AAA game......

I Just Can't get it How multi billion dollar Compeny Could Not Fix this Problem early Instead they have been in this Situation For a long time?

I Guess We Should Just Forget About This Gen and Wait For the Next Gen Since they Only start To think about the Xbox
We could still have Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I think we should wait until after E3 conference (which is this Sunday so not long to wait) Before we start panicking.

Spanic

Oct 31, 2017
US
I said this in another thread. If they need to delay Crackdown 3 to get the MP right, then I'm all for it. Hate for this to be the killer of future cloud based MP games if released prematurely. Lots of potential in this area.
In this thread around page 464-5 and up there is a lot of talk about Crackdown 3. Too many posts to quote but some in the know say the multiplayer is not the problem, its single player and polish.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like there's a lot of hype for MS's conference. I already expected them to be better than last year. Just announcing new first party studios is a very hype moment. I can see them announcing what one or two of the studios is working on that they recently acquired.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
I think Microsoft will drop price of Xbox One S to $199 and Xbox One X to $449 at E3.

I know PS4 Pro hasn't gotten a price cut but I think Microsoft will cut it regardless.
they Should just sell the X For 400$ since From the beginning... And cover losses from Subscriptions.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
We could still have Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I think we should wait until after E3 conference (which is this Sunday so not long to wait) Before we start panicking.
ori Is AA game . I was Talking About triple AAA Games...

But I will wait But Don't think they Will have big 1P game for this Gen coz We know their Situation already

Status
Not open for further replies.