• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Wow, I didn't know the Paladin update was no longer being considered for mobile. Kinda depressing.

But I'll do my part and download the update. EVERYONE ELSE DO THE SAME PLEASE!!

The update is out everyone! Anyone who bought it please download it today to show Rocketcat that we still like the game and that we want the Paladin update as well (new character, new animations, more enemies, etc... well, a lot more stuff!)

Here is the link
https://itunes.apple.com/app/wayward-souls/id857555369

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Alien Blackout was just updated with a new survival mode, crazy difficult (just 3 energy and no saves) which makes the excellent game even more tense, just like Alien the movie.

Dogo Mojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure there is a crowed here for this game, but I'm loving it.

It's a game that just came out recently called Sprout idle gardening.

https://toucharcade.com/2019/03/15/toucharcade-game-of-the-week-sprout-idle-garden/

rdMzUQy.jpg

It's an idle/clicker game but it also kind of doubles as a town builder. These idle games almost never really "click" for me, but this one has really drawn me in. It's very relaxing, the music is nice, the ads aren't super intrusive.

I'd recommend it to just about anyone to at least try.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Got an iPad Pro this week and would like some neat games for it.

What are some of everyone's recommendation? Already have Gorogoa, Golf Peaks, Umiro, Wonderputt, Deus ex Go and Fidel installed but looking for some other stuff.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Got an iPad Pro this week and would like some neat games for it.

What are some of everyone's recommendation? Already have Gorogoa, Golf Peaks, Umiro, Wonderputt, Deus ex Go and Fidel installed but looking for some other stuff.

Wonder Blade for a brawler
Hero Emblems for a match-3
Linelight for puzzle
Backfire for arcade

All premium without shenanigans

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Lego Tower by Nimblebit announced.

@NimbleBit: Excited to announce that we have partnered with @LEGO_Group to bring LEGO Tower to your mobile devices this summer! https://twitter.com/NimbleBit/status/1109080239622119425/video/1
well the last licensed one they did went down pretty fast. hopefully that will do better. I really liked the Tower back in the day but somehow stopped playing it someday.

It's an idle/clicker game but it also kind of doubles as a town builder. These idle games almost never really "click" for me, but this one has really drawn me in. It's very relaxing, the music is nice, the ads aren't super intrusive.

I'd recommend it to just about anyone to at least try.
yeah, I beta tested this as well. I've been wonderind wether it has any IAPs at all? Never seen some but also never experienced forced ads, only voluntary ones.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to offload a few things and give ThirdMiracle a shot after all.

It's not bad so far but the English translation is not very good and more disappointing is that the game is not widescreen on an iPhone X even though the screenshots on the App Store suggest otherwise.

On another note, Death Squared is on sale for $.99.

Death Squared (RORORORO) by SMG Studio
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/death-squared-rorororo/id1023960081?mt=8

Last edited:

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Was coming up post this. Of course, a lot of people in this thread probably own the premium games they want already, lol.

The rumor was that Apple is building its own list of new games for this from top indie developers. So you won't necessarily find only older games on this :) But I don't think this will be announced tomorrow or at least released. Seems more like something for WWDC.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Deckbuilders fans, Shards of Infinity is the next big thing.
I'm in the beta and it's awesome.
The child of Ascension (Shards is the spiritual sequel) and Star Realms, made by Race for the Galaxy devs, wrapped in an awesome app with great async multiplayer.

Keep an eye on it (shouldn't be too far away imho).

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Try the Kingdom Rush series
I really like kingdom rush vengeance theme, I want to buy it, but it has too many IAP. And I'm that kinda guy that wanna have everything. I bought the heroes bundle in Iron Marines and I loved it, but not sure if I have too buy towers and heroes :(

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I really like kingdom rush vengeance theme, I want to buy it, but it has too many IAP. And I'm that kinda guy that wanna have everything. I bought the heroes bundle in Iron Marines and I loved it, but not sure if I have too buy towers and heroes :(
You really don't need to spend anything extra on the KR games.

I bought a few of the premium towers in Vengeance and didn't like them as much as the free ones.
And as far as heroes go, I would suggest finding videos of them in action. I like all 3 of the free heroes and even though I bought a few of the premium ones I still prefer the free ones. I feel like most of the time the premium ones just make the game easier which I dont like (especially the most expensive ones).

If you really need everything, just wait for a while because they do tend to do bundles of all the premium content that's cheaper than getting them all individually.

Plus all the new level yodtses are free which is great.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
wonder if we will get anything on the gaming side today from Apple. A lot of speculation but not much evidence in the beta OS.

john titor

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
definitely into this. hopefully, there'll be a decent gamecenter-like thingy with friends, achievements, etc. too.

too bad it's fall 2019 though.

Last edited:

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Okay that's a real game changer. This looks like it's going to reverse mobile's current path which has been stagnating this past year and with titles from so many talented developers including the return of Simogo, this could really see titles like dead cells and others funded by apple. Can't wait to see the full lineup but the games looked incredible and may finally use mobile's full power. Haven't been this excited for a long long time in mobile.

Oct 27, 2017
Okay that's a real game changer. This looks like it's going to reverse mobile's current path which has been stagnating this past year and with titles from so many talented developers including the return of Simogo, this could really see titles like dead cells and others funded by apple. Can't wait to see the full lineup but the games looked incredible and may finally use mobile's full power. Haven't been this excited for a long long time in mobile.

This plus the next generation of MFI controllers with L3 / R3 could be a very compelling experience. Mobile games, ports and more.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus man the main threads on this are awful "I don't play mobile games" "who is this for?"

I LOVED heroki, looking forward to this.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also excited that they're bringing the Apple TV app to Roku, Fire TV and smart TVs. Will be nice to be able to watch my iTunes movies on other TVs besides the one I have my Apple TV 4K on.

campbell

Oct 27, 2017

Yes to all of this, but there's still lots of unanswered questions. Gotta say cautiously optimistic at best.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands

IAP is the reason i returned that game to Apple and will wait for the Steam version for their ganes since they dont have shenanigans

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Any good ways to build a wish list and track price drops (iOS)? Crazy that Apple still doesn't support this when every other digital storefront seems to.