Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The price-tracking app I used to use will soon reach its limits of 1000 watched apps. Time to move on, I guess. I know some of you mentioned Wishlist+. However, the following is a bit strange: the app is delisted, instead there is an app called Wishlist++ by some Russian guy I think and you can only watch music.

The original is still available, but I don't think I'll use it because I just got so used to watch apps directly from the app store. But I found two alternatives I wanted to share with you:
1. Smart Wishlist which is completely free but also lacks some featurea. For example apps get saved at the price point they have at the moment you ad them to your list. You cannot choose a preferred price. The app seems fine so far.
2. Price tag looks quite good and had some quality of life features like filtering your list etc which you can unlock for a steep price of 5 bucks. But they also offer kind of a "feed" in which the official app of the day is shown as well as curated lists by major platforms like macrumors.

Both apps offer an extension so you can watch from the app store with help of the share button.

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question: Who of you is using AppZapp? It would be great to add each other to see what games others are tracking.

omega

Nov 8, 2017
Madrid
When did Deathwatch stop working on iOS? I've just upgraded to an iPhone 8+ and it doesn't work anymore :_

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
When did Deathwatch stop working on iOS? I've just upgraded to an iPhone 8+ and it doesn't work anymore :_
Was it ever updated for iOS 11? I remember it was busted during the beta of the OS but haven't played it since.
Googling makes it sound like it's generally not working on iPhone 8 and X.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Deathwatch worked on iOS 11. I played it last week on my iPhone 6S.

But I just tried and doesn't work on iPhone X.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
This is why I always buy the previous year iPhone when I upgrade, most developers have the optimization kinks sorted out by then.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Wow, I was just talking to my friend in Scotland, who I'd play the Xbox 360 version of Catan with religiously every morning for almost all of 2010, about how much I missed that. Now, we can do it again!

I'm super hyped for this, and I hope the developers have figured out a good way to monetize the game and keep it healthy. I was kind of hoping for gacha style characters to use with small, unique abilities so that people have a reason to want premium currency, but hopefully they've got it figured out!

omega

Nov 8, 2017
Madrid
This is why I always buy the previous year iPhone when I upgrade, most developers have the optimization kinks sorted out by then.

But it doesn't work on the iPad Air 2 neither. Last update was about one year ago according to the App Store.

EDIT:

Forget what I just said. It runs okay on the iPad Air 2 (yesterday it seemed to be stuck at the splash screen, but I tried again given what Pitta said about the iPhone 6S and runs fine. It takes ages to load, though).

Weird :_

Last edited:

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
BoneSwiper mechanics are really cool.
Game is fine and really fun, if it had more bells and whistles it would be the new 'Threes' phenomenon.

futurememory

Oct 27, 2017

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't grabbed WHQ2. But responses over at TA seem...A bit mixed? Is it really that big of a change from WHQ1 that it divides people as much as it has?

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't grabbed WHQ2. But responses over at TA seem...A bit mixed? Is it really that big of a change from WHQ1 that it divides people as much as it has?

I really like it. But there are things I preferred in the original. I really despise the inventory management and stores in this one. Too many clicks to compare and equip items. That's honestly my biggest gripe.

The actual dungeon crawling and combat is as good as ever IMO.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I really like it. But there are things I preferred in the original. I really despise the inventory management and stores in this one. Too many clicks to compare and equip items. That's honestly my biggest gripe.

The actual dungeon crawling and combat is as good as ever IMO.

What are you playing on? I'm on a 6S+ and want to make sure it won't hitch.

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
What are you playing on? I'm on a 6S+ and want to make sure it won't hitch.

I have had only one crash on my 6S+, on the ninth mission.

I love it! I agree the inventory system is less than ideal (though I can't remember how it was handled in the first game).

That said I never have enough in game $ to buy anything from the shops so I'm not comparing or buying stuff from them very often anyway.

I agree with what Pitta said earlier, it's a pretty easy game. And at least with my current balanced team (one each of the different default character types) there hasn't been a drastic change in tactics from the beginning. It is funny how one new weapon/spell CAN change things up, but new weapon/spell acquisition feels very slow. I feel like with one of my guys (can't remember who... the knight maybe?) nothing has really changed for him since he got a pistol early early in the game, which is kinda unfortunate.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Lately almost every decent release has been coming out on Android simultaneously. Good to see some parity.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Iron Marines got a content update today.

Includes 4 new spec-op levels for free which is cool (my main complaint was the lack of levels in the game).

And there are 2 new premium heroes. Shame they didn't make a new free one, but the heroes are never really where I get my enjoyment out of this game and the Kingdom Rush series.

There're still planning on an additional world campaign (since it' s listed as "coming soon") so like the Kingdom Rush games it'll probably get at least 2-3 more free level updates and maybe another free hero or two before they are done with it.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I have had only one crash on my 6S+, on the ninth mission.

I love it! I agree the inventory system is less than ideal (though I can't remember how it was handled in the first game).

That said I never have enough in game $ to buy anything from the shops so I'm not comparing or buying stuff from them very often anyway.

I agree with what Pitta said earlier, it's a pretty easy game. And at least with my current balanced team (one each of the different default character types) there hasn't been a drastic change in tactics from the beginning. It is funny how one new weapon/spell CAN change things up, but new weapon/spell acquisition feels very slow. I feel like with one of my guys (can't remember who... the knight maybe?) nothing has really changed for him since he got a pistol early early in the game, which is kinda unfortunate.

The biggest problem for Perchang, who have grand plans in supporting the game for the future, is that tons of people already wrote them that the game is significantly more difficult than the first one, which is puzzling.
I did what I can in trying to have them put back random ambushes to keep you on your toes during dungeons and to up the difficulty, nerf some weapons and criticals etc...all things that would significantly make the game better and more challenging (but not frustrating, no 5 black orcs ambushes in a row).
But again, I guess we are a (vocal) minority.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Ghoulboy (recently released - iOS/Android) is an okay Castlevania-ish platformer, and it's F2P so I'd recommend giving it a try. It has ads, I'm guessing there's a IAP that removes them but I haven't looked for it, lol.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Wanna be Destiny-like for mobile Shadowgun Legends by MADFINGERGames has been soft launched in the Netherlands on iOS and Android:
https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/shadowgun-legends/id1091251242?mt=8
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.madfingergames.legends

I've been testing it and it's visually quite impressive, especially when it runs at 60fps. Probably the most impressive looking game tech-wise on iOS yet. The gameplay is decent enough if you're into that but could be problematic in PvP where gear is everything and the matchmaking system isn't up to par yet. Oh and the game still needs a ton of work.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
South Park: Phone Destroyer is pretty awesome.

It's simple but satisfying and the free to play stuff isn't too bad. No energy timers, thank god. Plenty to grind for, though.

Collecting cards of characters is always compelling.

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
The biggest problem for Perchang, who have grand plans in supporting the game for the future, is that tons of people already wrote them that the game is significantly more difficult than the first one, which is puzzling.
I did what I can in trying to have them put back random ambushes to keep you on your toes during dungeons and to up the difficulty, nerf some weapons and criticals etc...all things that would significantly make the game better and more challenging (but not frustrating, no 5 black orcs ambushes in a row).
But again, I guess we are a (vocal) minority.

That's so crazy to me! I think they should just throw in multiple difficulties.

Wanna spill some of the "grand plans" they're working on? Are they sufficiently happy with sales that everything is still on track...?

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
That's so crazy to me! I think they should just throw in multiple difficulties.

Wanna spill some of the "grand plans" they're working on? Are they sufficiently happy with sales that everything is still on track...?

Do tell me....if it was for me the game would have been SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult.

Plans as far as I know are:

1) more content in a constant timeline
2) a new inventory UI (I'm fine with it but apparently most people hates it)
3) in dungeons ambushes
4) UI to see exactly what is in store for map adventures.
5) many QoL upgrades.
6) new characters.

They are still planning everything tough, hey are pretty active on TA asking people what they want to see.

I personally never had a crash since the two last beta builds, but unfortunately a nasty crash was present in the AppStore build and they worked night and day for two weeks (3 updates in few days) to solve it.
Of course that slowed a bit initial plans.

They seem back on track now.

Game has huge potential, I'm now playing without getting items I know are too powerful and I'm never leveling up if not for cure....I'm 'gaming' the game to have it way more difficult....and it's amazing.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
South Park: Phone Destroyer is pretty awesome.

It's simple but satisfying and the free to play stuff isn't too bad. No energy timers, thank god. Plenty to grind for, though.

Collecting cards of characters is always compelling.

Just checked this out and played through the first couple of battles, seems pretty solid. Thanks for the recommendation.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Received my X today, 10 days ahead of estimated delivery.

Setting it up now, can't wait!

Mo0

Oct 25, 2017
The actual strategy in Phone Destroyer is a little opaque. It seems unclear what the MO is other than "play cards as fast as you can".

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Started Phone Destroyer and enjoyed it, but I know that it's a PvP centric game, so I'm out. I have no interest in doing the "Clash of Clans/Clash Royal" thing.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Flipflop soilitaire is pure genius.
Amazing how a tiny change in a tried formula can change things so much.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Flipflop soilitaire is pure genius.
Amazing how a tiny change in a tried formula can change things so much.
I never understood how to play Solitaire until this game. It's so much fun

I'd also recommend checking out King's Beard and King's Golf, which are two other Solitaire-with-a-twist games

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone play The Scrungeon Depths? Reminds me a bit of Enter the Grungeon from the screenshots.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Warhammer Quest 2 needs an iPhone X update to be honest, the way some of the edge buttons clip outside the the screen isn't ideal. (not to mention the title screen going under the notch. :P).
Runs real well though!

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
Do tell me....if it was for me the game would have been SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult.

Plans as far as I know are:

1) more content in a constant timeline
2) a new inventory UI (I'm fine with it but apparently most people hates it)
3) in dungeons ambushes
4) UI to see exactly what is in store for map adventures.
5) many QoL upgrades.
6) new characters.

They are still planning everything tough, hey are pretty active on TA asking people what they want to see.

I personally never had a crash since the two last beta builds, but unfortunately a nasty crash was present in the AppStore build and they worked night and day for two weeks (3 updates in few days) to solve it.
Of course that slowed a bit initial plans.

They seem back on track now.

Game has huge potential, I'm now playing without getting items I know are too powerful and I'm never leveling up if not for cure....I'm 'gaming' the game to have it way more difficult....and it's amazing.

I spoke too soon! I just got CRUSHED by the boss of level 9. Every room leading up to him was easy and then all of the sudden he has crazy strong defense and an absurd # of action points... ah, I didn't have a chance.

Wiped my entire team. Is it usual when you wipe they don't give everyone any injuries?

Guess I have to grind up some money to buy better armor/weapons. I appreciate it got harder but also that was a bit strong of a spike, especially since the rest of the dungeon wasn't so difficult.