Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
this is going to end up being disappointing to the other consoles fans.

They will be expecting hi fi rush but it will end up being pentiment and that's niche interest. Same thing for Flight Sim.

They should push Sea of Thieves out there and making money off of Hi Fi Rush.

Xbox has great games but not games that you will drop $299 on let alone $500.
The topic at hand is most likely about HiFi for the Switch (unknown about PS). This poster has been credible with teasing stuff in the past.

Feb 19, 2023
Plenty of people, rightly or wrongly, already thought that third party is the logical conclusion for Microsoft. This is just more grist for the mill.

This "plenty of people" you talk about is an extreme minority, a vast majority of which are thinking so in bad faith or affected by the FUD being spread. Hell, the ABK trials alone with their contents prove otherwise, let alone a plethora of other things like some have already posted above me.

It's just utter fanboy fantasy and concern trolling. They've made themselves in to a first party publishing giant literally just last year, and have yet to really flex any of their muscles from all of their acquisitions. They are definitely able to me more unorthodox about the models they pursue and the platforms they target, but people are out of their mind if they think the hardware is going anywhere or that exclusives aren't coming. The people who buy in to this thinking and want it to be true are gonna feel sore about it in a few years.

Yep. Well said.

Really wonder though what kinda stuff goes on inside the head of people who just make this kinda shit up.

These are the same people who had Era fooled for a few hours thinking part of the Insomniac leak was fake, all because part of it showed Sony calling their pillars outdated related to Microsoft. The title of that topic had to be changed twice, lol. Until people were like wait, no, the files are right here. Never underestimate extreme fanboyism.

I could see MS bringing Game Pass core to PS through Bethesda and Activision, I also don't see why Sony would be too opposed to that, EA play is there and Ubisoft+ Classics is part of PS+

Microsoft spends a billion dollars each year on GP content to enhance their service. They're not going to release a stripped down tier just for PlayStation. If the ABK trial didn't show this then I don't know what to tell you, lol.

The topic at hand is most likely about HiFi for the Switch (unknown about PS). This poster has been credible with teasing stuff in the past.

Yep. Which makes the contents of this topic so weird. It literally fits in with the whole Bethesda "case by case basis" thing and MS has been okay with giving Switch GoTY level exclusives for 5 years now. While getting nothing in return lmao

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Which makes the contents of this topic so weird. It literally fits in with the whole Bethesda "case by case basis" thing and MS has been okay with giving Switch GoTY level exclusives for 5 years now. While getting nothing in return lmao
To be fair, Shinobi was teasing more announcements of MS games going multiplatform. Obviously it could be just As Dusk Falls and HiFi - nothing else - but I think we will see couple more.

I absolutely do not see the big games (Hellblade 2, Avowed, Blade,etc) going over.

Feb 19, 2023
To be fair, Shinobi was teasing more announcements of MS games going multiplatform. Obviously it could be just As Dusk Falls and HiFi - nothing else - but I think we will see couple more.

I absolutely do not see the big games (Hellblade 2, Avowed, Blade,etc) going over.

And I believe that, given their MO. I can certainly see Shinobi knowing about HFR on Switch if both Nate and lolilolailo does.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
this is going to end up being disappointing to the other consoles fans.

They will be expecting hi fi rush but it will end up being pentiment and that's niche interest. Same thing for Flight Sim.

They should push Sea of Thieves out there and making money off of Hi Fi Rush.

Xbox has great games but not games that you will drop $299 on let alone $500.
Pentiment is their best game since Age of Empires II. Wish more people played it

May 25, 2019
London
Sea of Thieves would be great to move to other platforms. It's not selling people a console and they've turned that game into something really special.

Tomacco

Oct 27, 2017
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but how is releasing a game a year or more after it's on your own Platform different to how Sony treats PC.

It brings in more money for the devs so they can build more, and it's exclusive for at least a year.

Feb 19, 2023
My catalogue of games that could potentially ported is:

HiFi
Pentiment
Rare Replay
Grounded
Sea of Thieves

That's all.

Pentiment is basically a Sawyer love-child he's always wanted to do, can't see that being one. RR ship has sailed for Nintendo for some of the reasons stated in this topic.

Grounded and SoT, though, hmm. Super successful GaaS games do fit the bill. I still think we will only see Switch/Ori level partnerships once in a while and the remainder being select ABK/Bethesda GaaS titles. Maybe even Crash/Spyro for obvious reasons and wildcard: Killer Instinct like my original prediction (microtranscations and all).

Otherwise people are going to be in for a big disappointment as usual.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Sea of Thieves on Switch would be kinda novel in that you could say it'd be the first new big home console Rare game on a Nintendo platform since Star Fox Adventures in 2002 (obviously I'm ignoring the smaller handheld stuff).

Bonus points if they made a special (probably Switch exclusive) Donkey Kong Country themed pirate ship set like they've done with Banjo, Perfect Dark, Kameo, etc, they're already kinda there tbh

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Pentiment doesn't sell consoles
Doesn't matter how much I enjoyed it, it's not the type of game that excites people to drop money on a console.
But if we are porting every game that doesn't move tons of consoles... what's left? Forza Horizon and maybe Halo?

Imo what moves consoles are all the games together

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but how is releasing a game a year or more after it's on your own Platform different to how Sony treats PC.

It brings in more money for the devs so they can build more, and it's exclusive for at least a year.
Because Sony stands more to gain for branching I to PC than MS does. The game sales are very front ended and fewer are waiting for those games to leave the PlayStation as the majority already own a PlayStation and play those games on it. PC does compete with console but can also be used as an arm to reach new customers. MS position is different. It's reputation tarnished on PC with a vastly inferior storefront to it's competition and people actively trying not to engage with it as much as possible. The ecosystem is the goal here and this is why people are upset with the way MS is handling it.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
My catalogue of games that could potentially ported is:

HiFi
Pentiment
Rare Replay
Grounded
Sea of Thieves

That's all.
I'd swap Rare Replay with one of the Flight Sims.

The 360 back compact games in that collection make it less likely to get ported over unless they straight up just not include them.

senj

Nov 6, 2017

Objectively it's really not much different, but because there's so much console war stuff wrapped up in the discourse we get things like Returnal on PC being seen as an excellent way to get people interested in a game that some feel deserved more attention but Hi-Fi Rush to Switch all but confirming Microsoft's impending exit of the console market.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017

It's a fair question.

PC is ostensibly a neutral ground in terms of gaming platforms. In over twenty years, Valve have never paid for a game to release on Steam or to not release on another platform, they've never needed to. Sony and Microsoft (and Nintendo kinda) are in competition trying to drive the other one out of the business, while Valve has just been vibing.

Last edited:

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
See the funny and sad thing is, while we're talking about potential Rare IP games being brought over, normally I'd actually think Battletoads 2020 would be a perfect candidate for this. It'd fit very much in line with Microsoft's current Switch support, being an older smaller indie developed game and the Battletoads IP already has a history on Nintendo platforms like NES, Gameboy and SNES.

Only problem is...it's Battletoads 2020 and nobody really seems to care about it, lol

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

The 360 back compact games in that collection make it less likely to get ported over unless they straight up just not include them.
Flight Sims are kinda flagship games, not sure about that. I didn't know about Rare 360 BC issues, could be a negative factor.

CabooseMSG

Jun 27, 2020

There's no real difference. Its how Sony also treats third party games. No significant ounce of people are switching from Playstation to Xbox because a game that was exclusive for a year or two on Playstation is now coming to Xbox. Nor are significant people switching from Playstation to PC because God of War is coming out there 2-3 years after the fact. Thats just not how any of this works.

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Sep 13, 2022
Objectively it's really not much different, but because there's so much console war stuff wrapped up in the discourse we get things like Returnal on PC being seen as an excellent way to get people interested in a game that some feel deserved more attention but Hi-Fi Rush to Switch all but confirming Microsoft's impending exit of the console market.
Context matters though, if Xbox sold as much as PlayStation these discussions wouldn't be happening about "are they going partially third party".

I was listening to the Xbox Too podcast the other day and Jez Corden said something like "they will release something that won't rile up the Xbox fans too much" and I just thought……who cares if they get riled up? Why are we letting business decisions be dictated by possible reactions of console warriors? Those people aren't going to suddenly buy a PlayStation they probably spent a majority of their life hating PlayStation (for no logical reason).

Same thing with PlayStation, you want some extra cash? Port over the first spider-man game to Xbox, who cares what the fanboys think.

I could see Xbox being like "we are going to release all of our games on all consoles….but there will be a 1-2 year of exclusivity on Xbox"

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

And there wouldn't be any need for Rare Replay without Xbox/Xbox 360 titles as N64 NSO just started to get N64 games, with Jet Force Gemini last month. Likely to get the rest of the games too.

I'd swap Rare Replay with Battletoads 2020. I'm surprised that it still hasn't got ported to Switch yet.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018

This is the correct response.

Context matters though, if Xbox sold as much as PlayStation these discussions wouldn't be happening about "are they going partially third party".

I was listening to the Xbox Too podcast the other day and Jez Corden said something like "they will release something that won't rile up the Xbox fans too much" and I just thought……who cares if they get riled up? Why are we letting business decisions be dictated by possible reactions of console warriors? Those people aren't going to suddenly buy a PlayStation they probably spent a majority of their life hating PlayStation (for no logical reason).

Same thing with PlayStation, you want some extra cash? Port over the first spider-man game to Xbox, who cares what the fanboys think.

I could see Xbox being like "we are going to release all of our games on all consoles….but there will be a 1-2 year of exclusivity on Xbox"
A combination of not wanting your system to have constant negative sentiment online, any more so than it already has, and potential buyers picking up the competitor's system or a core customer switching.

vrietje

Dec 4, 2018
I'm still waiting for the Halo collection on switch. So I will take this with an big grain of salt.

senj

Nov 6, 2017

I agree with you, business decisions aren't and shouldn't be governed by the emotions of console warriors. It's just the conversations people have on social media, which is why you get "Well, everyone has a PS5 so selling their games on PC later is Good Business Sense, but nobody has an Xbox is Xbox is Teh d00med" framing of conversations and very little introspection about the emotions that are playing into peoples' assumptions and reactions.

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, about this. While there was a Switch (and PS5) version in development, plans may have changed in terms of platforms. As in dropping the Switch version and keeping the PS5 one.

tbh I don't think this changes the whole picture about some specific Xbox/Bethesda/AKB games going multiplatform.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pentiment is basically a Sawyer love-child he's always wanted to do, can't see that being one. RR ship has sailed for Nintendo for some of the reasons stated in this topic.

Grounded and SoT, though, hmm. Super successful GaaS games do fit the bill. I still think we will only see Switch/Ori level partnerships once in a while and the remainder being select ABK/Bethesda GaaS titles. Maybe even Crash/Spyro for obvious reasons and wildcard: Killer Instinct like my original prediction (microtranscations and all).

Otherwise people are going to be in for a big disappointment as usual.
I don't think anything is off the table until we know the scope of what the ports entail. This is just my opinion, but with the Finance department seemingly steering the ship for these ports (Tim Stuart quote), I could see Grounded and SoT like you mentioned. SoT in particular I think would do well on other platforms.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, about this. While there was a Switch (and PS5) version in development, plans may have changed in terms of platforms. As in dropping the Switch version and keeping the PS5 one.

tbh I don't think this changes the whole picture about some specific Xbox/Bethesda/AKB games going multiplatform.

... No way. If they are going multiplat, it'll release both on Switch and PS5. Unless they dropped the Switch version in order to move on Switch 2, which would make sense. But I don't see MS missing a platform.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I don't think anything is off the table until we know the scope of what the ports entail. This is just my opinion, but with the Finance department seemingly steering the ship for these ports (Tim Stuart quote), I could see Grounded and SoT like you mentioned. SoT in particular I think would do well on other platforms.

SoT and Killer Instinct as well! KI on everything would do wonders.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
... No way. If they are going multiplat, it'll release both on Switch and PS5. Unless they dropped the Switch version in order to move on Switch 2, which would make sense. But I don't see MS missing a platform.
I reckon they'll wait for Switch 2 to ensure 60 FPS. UE4 and Switch are not good dance partners and the games that run at 60 in that engine in Switch are counted with 1 hand.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

Okay, if that happens I will probably be actually surprised 💀

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

Releasing it on PS5 seems even crazier to me.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

I hope if it does come over it's for both. I would happily buy HFR twice again.

El Crono

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
If HFR does come to other platforms I hope it comes out on physical formats, AND I hope Tango finally includes a proper lag calibration feature.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017

If I may ask, what made you change your tone from the other day when you answered positively to someone theorising about Hi-Fi Rush coming to Switch? Did you get additional info in the meantime or is it because the info you had was from a while ago and you don't feel confident enough in it?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
If I may ask, what made you change your tone from the other day when you answered positively to someone theorising about Hi-Fi Rush coming to Switch? Did you get additional info in the meantime or is it because the info you had was from a while ago and you don't feel confident enough in it?
Occam's razor, it's launch title/window for Switch 2. Switch might be too ancient to run it at level they want.

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017

Info was outdated (I knew about the game many months ago) because I didn't really care that much about HFR going anywhere, so I wasn't paying much attention. It wasn't a big deal for me. Now it's more up to date.