• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Are we assuming that Curry won't be out injured like half the time? Cuz he's always injured during the regular season.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
The ability to not play sub-replacement-level players is a massive part of regular-season success -- look at Houston's change when they were able to replace Melo with any live body. Not only will the Warriors be giving a ton of minutes to sub-replacement-level players, the hard cap situation means they can't even really cycle through players to find replacement-level talent.

(fwiw, this is something that projection systems often don't account for. Many operate under the justifiable assumption that player value is negative-capped; players who are bad enough simply won't play much. Golden State might have no such option.)

I'm as high on Steph as just about anyone, but, like, they might just be putting lineups with multiple -4 players out there.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana

Let's enjoy this moment fam. It's gonna be 25 years before the Leafs, Blue Jays or Raptors win another championship.

Anubis_TH Brinbe Anth0ny metalfearsolid

siiiiiiiick. very happy i ended up getting a ticket. that shirt and whatever cheap flimsy ring they give us will be priceless.

and yeah, 25 years if we're lucky hahaha. i'm counting on never seeing another one in my lifetime. regardless, our craptors are actually champs

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Is it smart to play Curry 36 minutes a night and 80 games even tho you know you're not winning it this season?

or is just an ego thing like they did when they went for 73 wins that ends up blowing on their faces later on?

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
I want ya'll to witness how quickly the Bay Area abandons its teams the second they're mediocre.

Outside of the Sharks and Raiders fans, Bay Area fans ain't shit.
So you are really ignoring how faithful the fans were to those shitty warriors teams pre Curry? We celebrated Jason Richardson's dunk contest as a title win. We always filled the arena, we were always there. Just because a bunch of rich techies started coming to the games, doesn't mean the usual faithful aren't there. Every successful team has bandwagoners. But not every team has a faithful fan base no matter how good or shitty they are.

Dec 23, 2017
I mean, not that Klay's likely to come back, but I'd expect the Warriors to be *really* cautious with public timelines for their injured players after the KD thing.
A lot of the new research is saying it takes more closer to two years to fully recover from and acl tear. For the longest they have been telling people 6-9 months. I know I have torn an acl and had major surgery. They are setting these athletes up for failure and re-injury.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
we need a poll.
gs 2019 roster vs LA 2018 roster minus Lebron and Curry.

is WCS good? Cause Javale mcgee looked like a world beater in those preseason games against those kids lol
Man this isn't even a discussion. Lakers (with pretty much the same roster) the year before LeBron joined up won 35 games and were getting better towards the end of the season. Is anyone going to argue that DLo, Green a bunch of complete question marks/young players/castoff would win more than 20? Hell no.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First day of the season and we are already shitting on Steph. Nice.

First day of the season and Doc Rivers already being an insufferable cunt. Also nice.

We got 11 LA banners, my guy... the Clippers have a couple 2nd round exits. To quote the GOAT "Stay in yo lane."

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
Man this isn't even a discussion. Lakers (with pretty much the same roster) the year before LeBron joined up won 35 games and were getting better towards the end of the season. Is anyone going to argue that DLo, Green a bunch of complete question marks/young players/castoff would win more than 20? Hell no.
Take curry off this current roster and the Warriors are a 15 win team. Maybe even worse

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
So you are really ignoring how faithful the fans were to those shitty warriors teams pre Curry? We celebrated Jason Richardson's dunk contest as a title win. We always filled the arena, we were always there. Just because a bunch of rich techies started coming to the games, doesn't mean the usual faithful aren't there. Every successful team has bandwagoners. But not every team has a faithful fan base no matter how good or shitty they are.

I've been in the Bay Area a long time now. I used to go to Warriors games on the regular because the tickets were damn near free, and the stadium was always empty. Outside of the year with B Diddy and Captain Jack, the "fandom" prior to the Splash Brothers was laughable.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Curry's been injury prone too, though, especially when he's had to handle the majority of the load
is that a thing?
in 2014, 2015, 2016 (years he was officially the superstar of the team, made his first all star, highest workload, mvps, making playoffs, winning a championship, blah blah)
he played 78, 80, and 79 during the regular season.

he definitely is injury prone, but I'm not sure it's workload going by evidence. He seems to have been more injured in the "relaxed" KD era.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Harson takes any chance to shit on Bay Area teams, you should see what he says about the 49ers.

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
I've been in the Bay Area a long time now. I used to go to Warriors games on the regular because the tickets were damn near free, and the stadium was always empty. Outside of the year with B Diddy and Captain Jack, the "fandom" prior to the Splash Brothers was laughable.
Show me the receipts?

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
is that a thing?
in 2014, 2015, 2016 (years he was officially the superstar of the team, made his first all star, highest workload, mvps, making playoffs, winning a championship, blah blah)
he played 78, 80, and 79 during the regular season.

he definitely is injury prone, but I'm not sure it's workload going by evidence. He seems to have been more injured in the "relaxed" KD era.
He had injuries prior to that, but looking at his career stats, it seems like the only year he missed a ton of time was 2011-2012. Maybe that year just colored my perception of him.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
15 win team yes.
BUT unleashed draymond would average a triple double though.

and the bylaws state he would win MVP. No conditional branch

He had injuries prior to that, but looking at his career stats, it seems like the only year he missed a ton of time was 2011-2012. Maybe that year just colored my perception of him.
2016 had the knee injury in the playoffs.
But again I'm not there was enough to relate it to workload.

he seems to get injured near the beginning of the season, and near the end.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
i was wondering if there was a better solution on the wiz bench, but nope... that's a sorry looking team.

FGizDWF.png

maybe rui develops and thomas bryant is pretty good. but ish smith isn't a starting caliber point and isaac bonga isn't even rotation level, really.

tank for lamelo, i guess? rouuugh

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Let me guess, the Niners don't have real fans?

I hope he watched the game against the Rams to see who was in the crowd. It was basically a home game.

Did you see their attendance in 2017? If you're telling me that the Niners have good attendance when they're undefeated, then you're not doing much to negate my criticism Lol.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vegas odds have the over/under for wizards at 26.5 and that feels right. They are gonna be absolute garbage.

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
Did you see their attendance in 2017? If you're telling me that the Niners have good attendance when they're undefeated, then you're not doing much to negate my criticism Lol.
They moved to an expensive stadium which is 40 miles away from Candlestick 5 years ago. It's naturally that people will get priced out when shit becomes expensive. I've only been there a few times, because I can't really afford to go to many games these days. Does that mean I'm not a fan? Does that mean the faithful who used to attend games at Candlestick aren't fans because they can't afford to go to Levi's stadium?

I see you didn't include the Giants with the a raiders and sharks. Are Giants fans bandwagoners too?

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
They moved to an expensive stadium which is 40 miles away from Candlestick 5 years ago. It's naturally that people will get priced out when shit becomes expensive. I've only been there a few times, because I can't really afford to go to many games these days. Does that mean I'm not a fan? Does that mean the faithful who used to attend games at Candlestick aren't fans because they can't afford to go to Levi's stadium?

I see you didn't include the Giants with the a raiders and sharks. Are Giants fans bandwagoners too?

You mean the Giants whose attendance is plummeting when the team is no longer perennial world series contenders?

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Curry's been injury prone too, though, especially when he's had to handle the majority of the load. I wouldn't be shocked if they made the playoffs, but I'm definitely not expecting it. I think the playoff teams in the West are Utah, LAL, LAC, Portland, Denver, Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas. If they squeeze in, it will be because Dallas disappoints.

His highest usage season was the 73-win, unanimous MVP season. He's played in more than 80 percent of his playoff and regular season games since he missed almost an entire season back in '12.

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
You mean the Giants whose attendance is plummeting when the team is no longer perennial world series contenders?
Yeah the attendance plummeted so much that they only 33k people attended on average this past season. I now understand what you mean by the Bay Area doesn't have any real fans. You and Michael Jordan need to hang out.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe the disrespect in this thread for Lakers legends Isaac Bonga and Thomas Bryant

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco

Ehh, I wouldn't blame the fans in the case of the Giants. I would blame the capitalist ticket buyers who would rather not sell tickets then sell them at face value/loss.

Pre 2010 you could get field seats for $30 each. This season they were still over $100 for the shittiest teams.

Also, they have significantly reduced the amount of parking near the stadium, which has drastically increased the price of parking. This, along with inflated ticket prices from the surge in season ticket holders post 2010 has made the experience not worth it anymore for alot of people, especially those from the peninsula and outer bay area/680 corridor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.