• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How much money are you willing to pay for a next generation console?

• Up to $199

Votes: 33 1.5%
  • Up to $299

Votes: 48 2.2%
  • Up to $399

Votes: 318 14.4%
  • Up to $499

Votes: 1,060 48.0%
  • Up to $599

Votes: 449 20.3%
  • Up to $699

Votes: 100 4.5%
  • I will pay anything!

Votes: 202 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Wanted to answer some general questions about what I saw.

Game was not shown behind closed doors at e3

Really early

Running on PS5

I didn't see Scarlett so I can't directly compare

Framerate wasn't always smooth....seemed to be in the 20-30fps range

Open world and the scope was unbelievable. Never seen anything like it...far beyond Witcher/BOTW/HZD

Even so, close up details were beyond anything I have seen before

Ray Traced reflections....looks really impressive

Dynamic destructable environments...this game is just WTF

When I asked him about the SSD, he got visably nervous. Didn't want to talk about it at all.

As good as it looks, I get the feeling this isn't a launch game, really early.

That's all I can think of for now.. I should be able to get more information when I go back in October. I will see if I can share anything else at that time.

Oh my... Red Faction Evolution will be bonkers!

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017

Really early

Running on PS5

Open world and the scope was unbelievable. Never seen anything like it...far beyond Witcher/BOTW/HZD

When I asked him about the SSD, he got visably nervous. Didn't want to talk about it at all.

That's all I can think of for now.. I should be able to get more information when I go back in October. I will see if I can share anything else at that time.

Man all that stuff sounds like exactly what I'd want from nextgen, especially the destructable environment, I absolutely need more of this.

tusharngf

Oct 29, 2017
Lordran

Really early

Running on PS5

HYPE level over 9000 !!! cant wait for next gen :D

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
So he was shown a next-gen game running on PS5 hardware and it looks amazing and it has everything, but it's still "early" and "was not shown behind closed doors" which is convenient because then no journalist can confirm it's existence, and maybe it could get cancelled because "things change".

And while apparently it's ok to break several NDAs to show a completely secret next-gen game running on PS5 hardware, he obviously can't tell us anything about stuff like the SSD or specs, because he can't break that NDA. It's totally not because this information could be easily verified when the PS5 actually launches and tell us if this was just made-up stuff. Man, people are so gullible.

Oct 25, 2017
So he was shown a next-gen game running on PS5 hardware and it looks amazing and it has everything, but it's still "early" and "was not shown behind closed doors" which is convenient because then no journalist can confirm it's existence, and maybe it could get cancelled because "things change".

And while apparently it's ok to break several NDAs to show a completely secret next-gen game running on PS5 hardware, he obviously can't tell us anything about stuff like the SSD or specs, because he can't break that NDA. It's totally not because this information could be easily verified when the PS5 actually launches and tell us if this was just made-up stuff. Man, people are so gullible.

No is trying to force you to believe him. Make up your own mind, but don't try tell the rest of us what to think. It 's people like you that discourage people from sharing anything, but you are probably too ignorant to understand why that's a bad thing.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain

Again ZhugeEX told he was able to verify the identity of Kleegamefan and it seems some of the information are real out of the game he saw where mods are unable to tell if is true or not. And he gaves us his real world identity this is big. Maybe he knows for example the exact target specs of the consoles of June 2019 but his friend ask him to tell nothing or be vague enough to not have people trying to find who leak something and it will be easier because they have the identity of who made the information public. People seems to think specs of the GPU are critical only for Sony and Microsoft. They are critical for AMD too because next-generation console GPU* can give some information about the next generation of AMD GPU... For the moment 5700 and 5700XT mid range level of GPU are not a big threat at all for Nvidia but if next generation console are 10.5 TFlops or more it means next GPU of AMD will be much more competitive knowing there will be RT and probably VRS too. Some journalists have the information too but no one want to give the it...

He gaves us enough valuable information, more than 10 RDNA TFlops for the two consoles is ok even if it is 10,1 TFlops and 10,2 TFlops...

I don't need more.

*Mid range GPU or between mid range and high end GPU at max of 2020 AMD GPU

Last edited:

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
No is trying to force you to believe him. Make up your own, but don't try tell the rest of us what to think.

I'm not telling anyone what to think. I'm just posting what I think.

It 's people like you that discourage people from sharing anything, but you are probably too ignorant understand why that's a bad thing.

The people who know stuff and want to share it, will do so. I doubt that they will stop because 1 out of 10 people doesn't believe them.

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hey, it's up to you whether you want to believe it or not and to what degree. No one asked you to come in here and act like an ass everytime

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

The people who know stuff and want to share it, will do so. I doubt that they will stop because 1 out of 10 people doesn't believe them.
only that those 1/10 people stopped matt, andrew, komachi etc. from sharing what they know, so no you are wrong.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
insiders again huh..

Verified insider...maybe catch up on the thread first?

On another topic It's interesting how the Xbox fans (Colbert, Faceless Samurai, Oulasc, etc) are the most bearish, Debbie Downers on the thread, while the PlayStation fans are the most bullish and optimistic....

I have my own theories as to why, but I'm sure a psychology professor would shed some light into it (probably has to do with how this gen went) :P

Look, I don't know how they're gonna cool it but at this point I'm expecting 10.7-12.2TF for sure....and it's good news for everyone!! Both are gonna be absolute beasts.

I just hope people are not too disappointed when we end up getting 16GB of RAM...we know pretty much everything else about the console so that will be the last battleground. But even if it's only 16GB I'm sure it will be enough :)

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017

Maybe you can post it without the snark, then?

It's certainly not appreciated

Hey, it's up to you whether you want to believe it or not and to what degree. No one asked you to come in here and act like an ass everytime

Truth

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

On another topic It's interesting how the Xbox fans (Colbert, Faceless Samurai, Oulasc, etc) are the most bearish, Debbie Downers on the thread, while the PlayStation fans are the most bullish and optimistic....

I have my own theories as to why, but I'm sure a psychology professor would shed some light into it (probably has to do with how this gen went) :P

Look, I don't know how they're gonna cool it but at this point I'm expecting 10.7-12.2TF for sure....and it's good news for everyone!! Both are gonna be absolute beasts.

I just hope people are not too disappointed when we end up getting 16GB of RAM...we know pretty much everything else about the console so that will be the last battleground. But even if it's only 16GB I'm sure it will be enough :)
assuming klee is accurate, persoanlly i think we will get 10~11.2TF (either 40CU 2000MHZ or 44CU with 1800~2000MHZ), if its going to be 44CU i think sony will try to go above 1900MHz in order to surpass Stadia in raw TF number.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
only that those 1/10 people stopped matt, andrew, komachi etc. from sharing what they know, so no you are wrong.

I wasn't aware that matt stopped posting because someone didn't believe him. Care to provide a source? Also, are you seriously comparing me to the people who harrassed Andrew Reiner, who btw. is a respected journalist? And what are you refering to regarding komachi? Thuway asking him a question? At some point this idolisation of insiders turned kind of crazy, when you aren't even allowed to ask them questions anymore, or state your doubts.

Maybe you can post it without the snark, then?

It's certainly not appreciated

It's actually kind of hard to write the points I made in a way that doesn't sound like snark to someone, but I will try to keep that in mind.

Oct 25, 2017
It isn't hard to do that at all lol.

Hmm, I have my doubts about what has been said. I just think we would have a way to verify this if it was really going around. I'm quite skeptical but I'll keep an open mind for the time being

vs

How convenient that NDAs can just so happen to be broken by this one guy. Hah, y'all are the most naive fools on the planet

Give me a break.

Oh, and I'm simply taking the info for what it is. If it is proven wrong, I'll go from there. It isn't like I think the information is absolutely correct. I'm just going with the flow for the time being. It really isn't that deep.

Last edited:

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain

My prediction range is bigger than yours 10 to 13 Tflops. I will add something

10 to 11 TFlops: 80% chance
11 to 12 Tflops: 15 % chance
12 to 13 Tflops: 5% chance

And I agree with you, we will have 16 Gb of RAM with OS. I expect 14 GB of RAM and 2 GB for OS for the game but not a problem with at least a 2GB/s SSD

My prediction for PS5 is 5 to 10 GB/s SSD. I am as confident about this prediction than the other one... If you can fill 2/3 or the RAM for an Open world you will be ok. And Zen 2 CPU increased will help to setup the first party game to load in 1 second or a little bit less.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
My prediction range is bigger than yours 10 to 13 Tflops. I will add something

10 to 11 TFlops: 80% chance
11 to 12 Tflops: 15 % chance
12 to 13 Tflops: 5% chance

And I agree with you, we will have 16 Gb of RAM with OS. I expect 14 GB of RAM for the game but not a problem with at least a 2GB/s SSD

My prediction for PS5 is 5 to 10 GB/s SSD. I am as confident about this prediction than the other one... If you can fill 2/3 or the RAM for an Open world you will be ok. And Zen 2 CPU increased will help to setup the first party game to load in 1 seconde or a little bit less.
Are you 100% sure after Kleegamefan revelation that we get above 10tf ?

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Are you 100% sure after Kleegamefan revelation that we get above 10tf ?

I was lurking on old site since 1999 and now that he is verified and his account is not someone stoling his identity, I am fully positive they are above 10 Tflops after it can be 10,1 Tflops and 10,2 Tflops...

EDIT: My assumption of first party optimized games loading in 1 second comes from presentation to shareholder about the SSD technology. After it will not be the case every time, some non optimized games will load in 30 seconds or more too...

Last edited:

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

First, Kleegamefan was verified to be the person he says he is, nothing else. However ZhugeEX clearly stated in his post that the info Kleegamefan is claiming to have they were NOT ABLE to verify! A small but important detail people conveniently miss. (no offense into the direction of Kleegamefan because I know people will put it that way)

Exhibit A:
Just a quick note to say that we were able to verify the poster above as someone who worked in the industry and would be able to access certain levels of information.

That being said, it's near impossible to verify whether the above description is true or not, so please keep in mind that we can't verify whether all the information in each post is correct, just the details i posted above.

Second , I agree to Gemüsepizza in his observations about "insiders" in general.

Last, my Debbie Downer status is not based on being an Xbox owner first but on limitations a console usually has on power consumption and heat handling. I would say the same if the rumors were about Xbox. I actually did say the same for any outlandish rumor about Xbox so far. I also have not seen a single valid explanation that would make it possible to have constant 2000Mhz in a small form factor retail console other than the believe/hope the silicon is based on a 7nm+ process (and other than water cooling which came from me). More importantly I based all my thoughts about it on actual facts from already available tests and benchmarks of existing RDNA GPUs everyone can read on the internet. That is the opposite of doing it based on some dreams, hopes and vague hints. While this is a speculation thread I prefer to speculate in a more realistic manner. If you want to believe those specs, just do it, I am just expressing my doubts and I am thinking I am really consistent about it.

Last edited:

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
I believe ShamePain knew something! his statements about CPU and GPU seems pretty on point!
0oKLqs3.png

Oct 27, 2017
People have a right to be skeptical of "insiders".

Look how things shook out on the old place.

CBOAT, an almost mystical poster revered like forum royalty, turns out to be nothing more than a shared mod account.

Another person who I won't name..... Who had other sites writing articles on his Twitter posts. I would bet money that his info came from the same mods that ran CBOAT. Lapped up his adoration when he had it from the forumites on the old site. We'll leave it there

Famous Mortimer. Another so called insider. He began believing his own hype and even wrote some complete bullshit about one of the devs at the driveclub studio.... Funny how he disappeared after his 15mins of internet fame.

There are others who I won't bother doing write ups for.

But the way I see it, if the insiders had information they would divulge it. It seems that ps5 dev kits have been in the wild for some time, nailing down a leaker (assumption from my arse) would get more difficult by the day. Instead they have a pattern of writing ambiguous/vague statements which can then be brushed aside as "things change". Now, I don't have anything against that or them, the problem lies with the forumites that take every word as gospel, then attack anyone that dares question them.

How many times do we see the word "entitlement" directed at those that dare to ask a question...?

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
First, Kleegamefan was verified to be the person he says he is, nothing else. However ZhugeEX clearly stated in his post that the info Kleegamefan is claiming to have they were NOT ABLE to verify! A small but important detail people conveniently miss. (no offense into the direction of Kleegamefan because I know people will put it that way)

Exhibit A:

Second , I agree to Gemüsepizza in his observations about "insiders" in general.

Last, my Debbie Downer status is not based on being an Xbox owner first but on limitations a console usually has on power consumption and heat handling. I would say the same if the rumors were about Xbox. I actually did say the same for any outlandish rumor about Xbox so far. I also have not seen a single valid explanation that would make it possible to have constant 2000Mhz in a small form factor retail console other than the believe/hope the silicon is based on a 7nm+ process (and other than water cooling which came from me). More importantly I based all my thought about it on actual facts from already available tests and benchmarks of existing RDNA GPUs everyone can read on the internet. That is the opposite of doing it based on some dreams, hopes and vague hints. While this is a speculation thread I prefer to speculate in a more realistic manner. If you want to believe those specs, just do it, I am just expressing my doubts and I am thinking I am really consistent about it.

No He said anything linked to the game he was not able to verify it. He said some of the informations looks true. Big nuance...

Edit: And another big difference we all know, he is Kelly Prickard ex Gamefan and EGM editor. Knowing internet craziness I would never do what he did because if some infos are not true or things changing some crazies are capable to harass him... This is internet after all...

he is not anonymous at all, very different of CBOAT for example.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I was lurking on old site since 1999 and now that he is verified and his account is not someone stoling his identity, I am fully positive they are above 10 Tflops after it can be 10,1 Tflops and 10,2 Tflops...

EDIT: My assumption of first party optimized games loading in 1 second comes from presentation to shareholder about the SSD technology. After it will not be the case every time, some non optimized games will load in 30 seconds or more too...
May I ask again what time frame of "loading" you talk about?
a) Fresh UI start to splash screen with input (press X to start)?
b) game start menu to an actual in-game-level?

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018

CBOAT, an almost mystical poster revered like forum royalty, turns out to be nothing more than a shared mod account.

Another person who I won't name..... Who had other sites writing articles on his Twitter posts. I would bet money that his info came from the same mods that ran CBOAT. Lapped up his adoration when he had it from the forumites on the old site. We'll leave it there

Famous Mortimer. Another so called insider. He began believing his own hype and even wrote some complete bullshit about one of the devs at the driveclub studio.... Funny how he disappeared after his 15mins of internet fame.

But the way I see it, if the insiders had information they would divulge it. It seems that ps5 dev kits have been in the wild for some time, nailing down a leaker (assumption from my arse) would get more difficult by the day. Instead they have a pattern of writing ambiguous/vague statements which can then be brushed aside as "things change". Now, I don't have anything against that or them, the problem lies with the forumites that take every word as gospel, then attack anyone that dares question them.

How many times do we see the word "entitlement" directed at those that dare to ask a question...?
same about the fameous Verendus too

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
May I ask again what time frame of "loading" you talk about?
a) start to splash screen with input (press X to start)?
b) start menu to an actual in-game-level?

Don't receive this precision but I think a or b would be possible. After I don't have any new information out of the patent is the origin of the PS5 SSD and current gen fill in term of data 2/3 of the memory is enough to launch an open world games but not enough some work need to be done on CPU side to setup the game...

The other information is worse I am optimistic when I said 30 seconds, he thinks a game with very bad optimization can launch in one minute even if PS5 had a 20 GB/s S SSD like the supposed max speed inside the patent..

EDIT: And my minimum speed for PS5 SSD just come from Cerny interview better than current gen PCIE3 SSD available in the market... The only things someone told me the PS5 SSD patent is the base of the PS5 SSD technology... I have not even a clue of the speed all my assumption and some clues let by this guy.

Last edited:

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017

CBOAT being a shared mod account is shocking to me. I hate neogaf.

Oct 25, 2017

It's good to be skeptical. Especially with unverifiable information that is so vague that it's next to impossible to prove (a game with tress, water and the unreal engine!)

Folks on Reset love placating insiders because of how thirsty they are for any details, so my recommendation is to just ignore em.

This thread was going crazy over pastebin leaks, then some fake Xbox insiders, this at least seems like a decent step up.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
look, its fine to say that you dont trust this information, but all the snarkyness doesnt help anyone. it only got people away from this thread.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
No He said anything linked to the game he was not able to verify it. He said some of the informations looks true. Big nuance...
Sorry for being that guy, but I don't see that.

All I see is that the person talked about could be very well in the position to obtain such information (first sentence and the detail that is referenced to in the second sentence). Though the second sentence is a general disclaimer that clearly differentiate the parts they were able to verify and the parts they were not able to verify. IMO that is far from: "some of it looks true.".

Or is this an example of my limits of the english language?

Edit:
Disclaimer (again because people seem just always to miss that part): This is no offense into the direction of Kleegamefan because I know people will put it that way!

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017

Wait... CBOAT turned out to be a shared mod account? He got info right, though so there must have been an insider among the mods.
I thought he got banned after getting something really wrong, though. How was this found out?

Status
Not open for further replies.