• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How much money are you willing to pay for a next generation console?

• Up to $199

Votes: 33 1.5%
  • Up to $299

Votes: 48 2.2%
  • Up to $399

Votes: 318 14.4%
  • Up to $499

Votes: 1,060 48.0%
  • Up to $599

Votes: 449 20.3%
  • Up to $699

Votes: 100 4.5%
  • I will pay anything!

Votes: 202 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
It is ok to be skeptical of the discussion; or which sources have revealed accurate information. It is not ok to insult other members intelligence in this forum. Klee is not some anonymous source, he is a verified individual. He is coming from a position of integrity and credibility after years of work in this industry. I am willing to take his word until that trust is broken, at which point he loses credibility.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
May I ask again what time frame of "loading" you talk about?
a) Fresh UI start to splash screen with input (press X to start)?
b) game start menu to an actual in-game-level?
Don't receive this precision but I think a or b would be possible. After I don't have any new information out of the patent is the origin of the PS5 SSD and current gen fill in term of data 2/3 of the memory is enough to launch an open world games but not enough some work need to be done on CPU side to setup the game...

The other information is worse I am optimistic when I said 30 seconds, he thinks a game with very bad optimization can launch in one minute even if PS5 had a 20 GB/s S SSD like the supposed max speed inside the patent..

EDIT: And my minimum speed for PS5 SSD just come from Cerny interview better than current gen PCIE3 SSD available in the market... The only things someone told me the PS5 SSD patent is the base of the PS5 SSD technology... I have not even a clue of the speed all my assumption and some clues let by this guy.
I can see 1 seconds for a) more than b) depending on the game and I use my experience with HZD as the example here. I don't see HZD would load within 1 second for case b). Fast travel in game depends on the area you travel to. Within the same area I see within 1 second, changing areas I can see the 1 second promise to be broken. Death screens loading time are also dependent on the area you are in.

Oct 25, 2017
It is ok to be skeptical of the discussion; or which sources have revealed accurate information. It is not ok to insult other members intelligence in this forum. Klee is not some anonymous source, he is a verified individual. He is coming from a position of integrity and credibility after years of work in this industry. I am willing to take his word until that trust is broken, at which point he loses credibility.
Exactly this.

I don't know why the point of just being respectful is being ignored.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I do agree.
And even if some dont believe than say it and move on.

Oct 25, 2017
look, its fine to say that you dont trust this information, but all the snarkyness doesnt help anyone. it only got people away from this thread.

As I said, folks love to placate insiders. Klee has been verified, his information has not.

If his vague information sounded more credible than a random reddit link or a pastebin, I'd give the snarkiness issue more credence. But as it stands?

Anyone here could make up that information without issue, that's how vague and general it is.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
Verified insider...maybe catch up on the thread first?

On another topic It's interesting how the Xbox fans (Colbert, Faceless Samurai, Oulasc, etc) are the most bearish, Debbie Downers on the thread, while the PlayStation fans are the most bullish and optimistic....

I have my own theories as to why, but I'm sure a psychology professor would shed some light into it (probably has to do with how this gen went) :P

Look, I don't know how they're gonna cool it but at this point I'm expecting 10.7-12.2TF for sure....and it's good news for everyone!! Both are gonna be absolute beasts.

I just hope people are not too disappointed when we end up getting 16GB of RAM...we know pretty much everything else about the console so that will be the last battleground. But even if it's only 16GB I'm sure it will be enough :)

Funny you constantly take jabs at Xbox fans, including this one, and your next post is about another poster's snark. It's another "Do as I say, not as I do" person.

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
I will keep some scepticism (couse info sounds almost too good) but at least he verified his credentials

Jan 20, 2019
To be fair, this thread has been wrong 99% of time even insiders with verify information were wrong for more then 6 months.

Just take everything with a grain of salt, more wrong information is going to get said for the next 6 months.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
I can see 1 seconds for a) more than b) depending on the game and I use my experience with HZD as the example here. I don't see HZD would load within 1 second for case b). Fast travel in game depends on the area you travel to. Within the same area I see within 1 second, changing areas I can see the 1 second promise to be broken. Death screens loading time are also dependent on the area you are in.

I don't see why? It it the same you need to load the new area it depends of data and CPU power to setup the game.

I try a few days ago to relaunch HZD from the start screen and it is fucking long... I always use resume function function normally.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I don't see why? It it the same you need to load the new area it depends of data and CPU power to setup the game.

I try a few days ago to relaunch HZD from the start screen and it is fucking long... I always use resume function function normally.
As I said, based on my experience with loading times as I currently playing the game every day with a lot of fast traveling involved and jumping between games so I do not always have a quick standby start.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
As I said, based on my experience with loading times as I currently playing the game every day with a lot of fast traveling involved and jumping between games so I do not always have a quick standby start.

Ok this is just my assumption I think the SSD will be fast enough to be technically able for an optimized game to launch in 1 second in fast travel or cold start based on presentation to the shareholder of the functionality.

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I said, folks love to placate insiders. Klee has been verified, his information has not.

If his vague information sounded more credible than a random reddit link or a pastebin, I'd give the snarkiness issue more credence. But as it stands?

Anyone here could make up that information without issue, that's how vague and general it is.
Then have all the skepticism you need. However, it is never okay to act hostile and snarky towards other forum members just because you're skeptical about their information. In this case, the poster you supported even went as far as to insult the intelligence of fellow members. Is that warranted when Klee has yet to be proven false?

Oct 25, 2017
Then have all the skepticism you need. However, it is never okay to act hostile and snarky towards other forum members just because you're skeptical about their information. In this case, the poster you supported even went as far as to insult the intelligence of fellow members. Is that warranted when Klee has yet to be proven false?

I don't see an issue with calling folks gullible. People believe all sorts of fake info (e.g. paste bins, other fake insiders in this thread) and those folks are and were gullible. Here, people took the verification of Klee as the individual and assumed the information provided was also true, despite Zhuge making it a point to state that it was unverified information. That kinda falls squarely into the definition of the word gullible.

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see an issue with calling folks gullible. People believe all sorts of fake info (e.g. paste bins, other fake insiders in this thread) and those folks are and were gullible. Here, people took the verification of Klee as the individual and assumed the information provided was also true, despite Zhuge making it a point to state that it was unverified information. That kinda falls squarely into the definition of the word gullible.
So what do you propose people in this thread do? We have literally no info besides the bare essentials from each console manufacturer, nothing to go by. There'd be no discussion besides baseless speculation. At least with insiders, there's information to point towards something that may be true and those could be used as points of discussion whether the information ends up being right or wrong. Now, yes, I agree taking any insider's word as gospel is gullible, but I can see many in this thread have their own skepticism and aren't taking things 100% as it is.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
There's a healthy middle ground between being gullible and going around insulting other members. I don't think that's too hard a concept to grasp.

If you're being hostile, you're wrong no matter what position you are taking. So let's do that, let's be reasonable people.

Oct 25, 2017
So what do you propose people in this thread do? We have literally no info besides the bare essentials from each console manufacturer, nothing to go by. There'd be no discussion besides baseless speculation. At least with insiders, there's information to point towards something that may be true and those could be used as points of discussion whether the information ends up being right or wrong. Now, yes, I agree taking any insider's word as gospel is gullible, but I can see many in this thread have their own skepticism and aren't taking things 100% as it is.

Baseless speculation is the name of the game. And in terms of actual, more likely information, the Komachi stuff points us to some actual numbers.

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it is okay. Just keep mocking and insulting people because someone may or may not have correct information.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
There's a healthy middle ground between being gullible and going around insulting other members. I don't think that's too hard a concept to grasp.

If you're being hostile, you're wrong no matter what position you are taking. So let's do that, let's be reasonable people.
Some people aren't satisfied until Microsoft or Sony sends a cease & desist. No one's curiosity or worth another losing their job or facing legal action.

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Baseless speculation is the name of the game. And in terms of actual, more likely information, the Komachi stuff points us to some actual numbers.
Let's just go with the assumption for a while that Klee made up all his info. You don't have proof whether it's right or wrong. Does that suddenly give you the permission and authority to insult other members, whether it be the source itself or other members who believe it? And yes, while Komachi's leaks may have hard numbers, can you say for certainty that it's accurate as well?

Don't worry about it. No matter who you are or what you do or say some people will be on board and others will not. It's just the way of the world.
I'm just trying to have a good attitude going in this thread. I don't know why I bother sometimes, LOL. Reminds me of why I quit Era and just came back recently because we got juicy information

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You guys ran away with some photoshopped MS two consoles plans and made it god's word and are having a problem with apparently someone with a proven previous track record?

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Some people aren't satisfied until Microsoft or Sony sends a cease & desist. No one's curiosity or worth another losing their job or facing legal action.

Exactly since he is verified and he gave his identity. This is ok for me. Did he gaves us all the information he have? Maybe. Can he gave us all the information he have if he have more? I think no. Because it can be dangerous for his source.

He gaves us enough information to be excited but not enough to put him and his source in danger. And he gaves us some possibility to speculate...

Imo this is great and Thank you Kleegamefan

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm skeptical about Klee's info (thanks to Anexanume and Colbert educating posts about what's possible) but I dont see any reason to post snide remarks about it, especially when Klee doesn't really keep his identity a secret.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's just go with the assumption for a while that Klee made up all his info. You don't have proof whether it's right or wrong. Does that suddenly give you the permission and authority to insult other members, whether it be the source itself or other members who believe it? And yes, while Komachi's leaks may have hard numbers, can you say for certainty that it's accurate as well?

No, Komachis leaks might be inaccurate. You asked what should be discussed here, I gave you an example. This is a speculation thread, with little info out there, something of merit doesn't always need to be discussed (hence people giving credence to pastebins). I have no issue with folks discussing Klees info, I have an issue with folks placating insiders because they must be treated like fragile objects lest they run away and never return.

And you think gullible is an insult, I think it's an appropriate descriptor of folks who take Klees verification as verification of his info, when the verification itself mentioned that the vague info could not be verified.

This is, pound for pound, exactly what happened with the past "fake" insiders that have propped up in this thread. One thing was verified, which folks use to give them an over abundance of credence to everything they say, which shapes the narrative in weird (and often incorrect ways) and then results in massive pushback and hand wringing when later, more credible information props up that contradicts it.

I direct you to the this threads infamous Andrew Reiner arc.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
I'm skeptical about Klee's info (thanks to Anexanume and Colbert educating posts about what's possible) but I dont see any reason to post snide remarks about it, especially when Klee doesn't really keep his identity a secret.

But I don't even think the two consoles are more than 10 TFlops is something incredible. He did not say the two consoles are above 11 TFlops or far above 10 TFlops or in the high 10 TFlops. I don't see something out of this world. Like I said it can be 10,1 TFlops and 10,2 TFlops.

Last edited:

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, Komachis leaks might be inaccurate. You asked what should be discussed here, I gave you an example. This is a speculation thread, with little info out there, something of merit doesn't always need to be discussed (hence people giving credence to pastebins). I have no issue with folks discussing Klees info, I have an issue with folks placating insiders because they must be treated like fragile objects lest they run away and never return.

And you think gullible is an insult, I think it's an appropriate descriptor of folks who take Klees verification as verification of his info, when the verification itself mentioned that the vague info could not be verified.

This is, pound for pound, exactly what happened with the past "fake" insiders that have propped up in this thread. One thing was verified, which folks use to give them an over abundance of credence to everything they say, which shapes the narrative in weird (and often incorrect ways) and then results in massive pushback and hand wringing when later, more credible information props up that contradicts it.

This post of yours I agree with. Time and again, we've seen some posters take everything an insider said as facts and blame them when things don't turn out as they said. This attitude is similarly toxic and should be avoided as insiders can't be blamed for this. However, what I find issue with is you decided to support the posts of someone who has a history of coming in here and being rude and disrespectful as well as generalizing everyone as gullible. Funnily enough, same poster believed all the insiders and information pointing to a late 2019 release long ago, but since that fell through, stopped coming in and is now skeptical of everything. Talk about hypocrisy

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017

NTKRL was gold though :P

I agree with your assessment.

cjn83

Banned
Jul 25, 2018

Thanks, this is exactly my view as well. I'm happy Klee's here, I appreciate his posts and personally I don't doubt what he says, but as far as actually telling us anything about the next generation... It's general gut feeling level stuff from a USB stick video of an unspecified game from an unspecified developer in an early stage of development. I wish people would see it as that, and not confuse it with actual concrete info.

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly since he is verified and he gave his identity. This is ok for me. Did he gaves us all the information he have? Maybe. Can he gave us all the information he have if he have more? I think no. Because it can be dangerous for his source.

He gaves us enough information to be excited but not enough to put him and his source in danger. And he gaves us some possibility to speculate...

Imo this is great and Thank you Kleegamefan
In danger? Who's going to come after them: the KGB?

As I said earlier, there's apparently enough dev kits in the wild for Andrew Reiner or whatever his name is too give a nod to one being more powerful than the other without putting the KGB onto his source and it is accepted. Yet another insider cannot say and is protecting his source is accepted as well.

Not divulging too much on an unannounced game I can understand. Hardware though, especially at this point sets my spider sense tingling.

Oct 25, 2017
This post of yours I agree with. Time and again, we've seen some posters take everything an insider said as facts and blame them when things don't turn out as they said. This attitude is similarly toxic and should be avoided as insiders can't be blamed for this. However, what I find issue with is you decided to support the posts of someone who has a history of coming in here and being rude and disrespectful as well as generalizing everyone as gullible. Funnily enough, same poster believed all the insiders and information pointing to a late 2019 release long ago, but since that fell through, stopped coming in and is now skeptical of everything. Talk about hypocrisy

Broken clocks and all that.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
In danger? Who's going to come after them: the KGB?

As I said earlier, there's apparently enough dev kits in the wild for Andrew Reiner or whatever his name is too give a nod to one being more powerful than the other without putting the KGB onto his source and it is accepted. Yet another insider cannot say and is protecting his source is accepted as well.

Not divulging too much on an unannounced game I can understand. Hardware though, especially at this point sets my spider sense tingling.

Maybe you don't give a fuck about your job but I don't think his source want to lose his or her job.

Edit: And Andrew is journalist, he can legally protect his sources. Klee is not journalist anymore...

On this site someone giving some leak about Nintendo received a cease and desist from Nintendo. He can receive the same things and someone can ask him who gave him this information and his source will lost his or her job...

Status
Not open for further replies.