What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
CDkeys are good, never used them for nintendo keys though (did it for various PC storefronts and PSN/XBL).

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
It wouldn't have to! Want to cross the savanna quickly? Find one of Rambi's or Expresso's mates and do it in lightning speed; need to get to a high place? Squawkes can help you out. Add standard ape shit, such as climbing trees, vine swinging through jungles, riding mine carts or using exploding barrels, and, suddenly, traversal isn't looking too bad. These suggestions aren't unprecedented for the series and the map doesn't have to be BotW size.

All to what is probably the most moody and atmospheric soundtrack collection in gaming history.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If anyone could do it, it'd be Nintendo. If anyone SHOULD do it, it'd be Nintendo.
You're slowly making me want this Open Donk imaginary game more than my Donkcharted imaginary game.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Hey, do you buy often Nintendo Switch games from CDKeys? Did you ever had any problems with a Download Code, or got a Download Code from CDKeys rewoked by Nintendo?
I mean it's often a gamble with these kinds of sites, but cdkeys seems like one of the better ones.
Bought my Mario Kart there a few years ago and had no problems yet.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Sounds more like attacking a fanbase more than just giving your opinion, especially comparing it to a religious cult. But just my opinion.
the religion comparision wasnt about metroid itself, but about the people that believe rumors as facts and cant be convinced they arent real, no matter how many times all evidence shows it isnt real.

Metroid was just an example since the MPT on Switch belief has been held on to for so long.
Same would apply to the Starfox Racing game thing from last? year.

Windows-PC

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Different poster but I've never had a problem: CDKeys are good (afaik?!)
CDkeys are good, never used them for nintendo keys though (did it for various PC storefronts and PSN/XBL).
I mean it's often a gamble with these kinds of sites, but cdkeys seems like one of the better ones.
Bought my Mario Kart there a few years ago and had no problems yet.

Thanks for your impression! I probably will buy it over the regular Nintendo eShop then to avoid any problems.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
the religion comparision wasnt about metroid itself, but about the people that believe rumors as facts and cant be convinced they arent real, no matter how many times all evidence shows it isnt real.

Metroid was just an example since the MPT on Switch belief has been held on to for so long.
There is a difference between an hd port of wii games coming before the new game in the series and some whole new racing starfox game that is completely outlandish. Both also came from different sources.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe

Except Star Fox Racing for confirmed to be fake by insiders, and MPT was never denied. Plus, it was said to be real by a guy (Zell) that leaked most of the first party lineup last year.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I have found a new series to stan.
tumblr_mfimbw1ee41qejtjzo1_400.gifv

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
There is a difference between an hd port of wii games coming before the new game in the series and some whole new racing starfox game that is completely outlandish.
This.
There's very few reasons of doubting a MPT port will happen (with effort or not), regardless of how you think Nintendo is handling the Metroid franchise (that's another debate). Even if when the rumor happened the game actually didn't exist and was just speculation (this is a possibility), it just make sense for this port to be made.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
Basically a linear 3D platformer with a heavy emphasis on cinematic flair and action-packed set-pieces, with slower semi-open levels (the kind where aquatic ambiance would be applicable) thrown in to break the pace.

Love the idea of this and, tbf, in theory, Uncharted's general vibes aren't too far removed from Donkey Kong's (besides the shooting).

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally gonna sit down and watch a long Animal Crossing segment so I can try and figure out what is appealing about the series.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Love the idea of this and, tbf, in theory, Uncharted's general vibes aren't too far removed from Donkey Kong's (besides the shooting).
I think tropical Freeze has some levels with the kind of vibes I'm going for.

Levels like the one with the rhino in the tornado or this minecart level

My imaginary game's set-pieces would basically be an even more cinematic evolution of that, I think.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally gonna sit down and watch a long Animal Crossing segment so I can try and figure out what is appealing about the series.
It's a warm blanket in video game form, scratches an escapist itch for a more idyllic life that you have more control over, and has some charming characters you can genuinely become attached to. There's also enough side goals such as donating to the museum and upgrading your hose to provide a lot of content to keep you busy with. It's not for everyone, but it is very pleasant if you like it.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Animal crossing was the original "perfect for switch" game. Because there is no game more suited for what the switch is. You can play it 5/10/15 minutes at a time when you wake up, before bed, etc and just manage the town, or island now.

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It's a warm blanket in video game form, scratches an escapist itch for a more idyllic life that you have more control over, and has some charming characters you can genuinely become attached to. There's also enough side goals such as donating to the museum and upgrading your hose to provide a lot of content to keep you busy with. It's not for everyone, but it is very pleasant if you like it.

I guess I just don't see the huge appeal in games like this (or I guess the Sims?) where there is no "major goal" to work towards. That's obviously just me though, I know tons of people love these games.

I want to love it too, I guess I just don't "get it" yet. I might have to get this one if another good voucher game I want doesn't release by July.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
I'm pleased for the AC crowd that they're getting some more details.

I'll read the write ups on the Direct to see if there's any major revelations, but other than that... role on 21st March to be honest!

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
All this talk about Endless Ocean and no one mentions the amazing music. At least in the first game.

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to say if a direct can even show it. It's not like mario or zelda or even smash where you can just show gameplay over a match or level.

Yeah I still don't really get it. I get that the characters and the setting and all that are charming as all hell but I just don't quite get what will keep me interested in playing it long term. Just amassing bells to expand my house and buy everything there is to buy basically?

Plum

May 31, 2018
The Animal Crossing Direct has finished.
Pokemon and Smash Bros have both had Directs as well.
There are no other major titles that would qualify for a 'game-specific Direct' at the moment.

200.gif

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
As someone who has never played an AC game, I think New Horizons looks great. I'll definitely be investing in the series. Now, onward to the main course!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I still don't really get it. I get that the characters and the setting and all that are charming as all hell but I just don't quite get what will keep me interested in playing it long term. Just amassing bells to expand my house and buy everything there is to buy basically?
Yea, you just build up your island resort. Being able to basically minecraft it and change the terrain is a big new thing too.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade Direct time

Xenoblade DE
Xenoblade Musou
Xenoblade Gacha for mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.