• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Hmm, I dunno. Woolly World passed that benchmark (barley), so why couldn't Crafted World do the same?

Wow.

What

An

Incredibly

Original

Post.

This is getting as boring as your Sakurai hates Zelda shtick from the Ultimate pre-release threads. Get some new material man.

... What Sakurai hates Zelda shtick??

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
... What Sakurai hates Zelda shtick??
That wasn't directed towards your post (if that wasn't clear).

Throughout a majority of the Ultimate hype cycle, they would post about how "Sakurai must hate Zelda because they haven't gotten a newcomer since 2001!" It probably got brought up at least once almost every week from around E3 onwards.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
That wasn't directed towards your post (if that wasn't clear).

Throughout a majority of the Ultimate hype cycle, they would post about how "Sakurai must hate Zelda because they haven't gotten a newcomer since 2001!" It probably got brought up at least once almost every week from around E3 onwards.

Ah. I actually didn't realise it was two part post. My bad. That's what you get for having two kids in influenza.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Yoshi's metacritic should be more or less similar to Wolly World's, so I've read it has better gameplay but worse music.

Of course there will be low reviews for the difficulty but that was already suffered by Wolly World.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I am incredibly excited about Crafted World.

It looks like a charming, colorful and intriguing journey.
I wasn't sure if I would be picking it up day one, but since a few stores here (in the midst of a pricing war) will be selling the game for the equivalent of $41 USD, it's a definite purchase from me.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Please don't fuck the Yoshi.
Ew. Do whatever you want man, just don't tell us.

2017121501020803-659bt3urf.jpg

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
In all seriousness though, I'm quite interested in seeing how Good-Feel is credited for development when Crafted World comes out. The copyright info has been a bit strange since the demo didn't even include a co-development credit for them.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing wrong with Yoshi being an entry level game. I think that's not an excuse for the games to have quality problems, (hi Arzest) but for the audience they want doing a game like Crafted World isn't bad.

Plus it keeps Good Feel on Yoshi and away from even thinking about DK.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
If Good-Feel really need to be stuck to one Mario sub-series, I would really rather have it be Wario Land. Since no other team seems to want to work on it, I would love if Good-Feel (once again in collaboration with Production I.G) returned to Wario Land.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

Well now that you've brought it up, I'd want to see what a DK's Crafted World would look like.

Or, they could make a DK game using HD hand drawn sprites from Production IG, which would actually be really awesome.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Good Feel DK game would be pretty neat.

some of the Yoshi hate is amusing to see. Not every game has to be for you guys lol.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This year is already my favorite Switch year.

Rune Factory 4
FF7
Turok
FF Crystal Chronicles
Switch revisions coming out
Nintendo doing VR
Various Nintendo releases

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
It is weird that Good-Feel isn't credited in the Demo, but since other official sources still list Good-Feel as the dev, there isn't any reason to believe that any sketchy stuff went on behind-the-scenes.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If Good-Feel really need to be stuck to one Mario sub-series, I would really rather have it be Wario Land. Since no other team seems to want to work on it, I would love if Good-Feel (once again in collaboration with Production I.G) returned to Wario Land.

Yeah I think Wario Land is due for another shot. If Good-Feel tackles it again though, I'd like to see more involvement with Nintendo. I felt like Shake It lacked the same ridiculous humor and personality that the original WL series had.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think Wario Land is due for another shot. If Good-Feel tackles it again though, I'd like to see more involvement with Nintendo. I felt like Shake It lacked the same ridiculous humor and personality that the original WL series had.

I'd like to see MercurySteam/EPD take a crack at it. I know Samus Returns' co-director (Takehiko Hosokawa) had previously directed some of the old Wario Land games.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see MercurySteam/EPD take a crack at it. I know Samus Returns' co-director (Takehiko Hosokawa) had previously directed some of the old Wario Land games.
I'd be down to see them tackle Wario, feels right to have the same team doing that and 2D Metroid.

Well Yoshi reviews are going out. Guess no one is making a thread....?
Oh cool, thought it was going to be tomorrow so this is a surprise!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I feel like MercurySteam are having a second go at Metroid right now, but I wouldn't be apposed to them taking on Wario Land. I just want someone to do it (though my personal preference would want Shake It's art style and quality to return).

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Not that I ever believed in the "drought" but with Yoshi coming out now it seems like the rest of the year is going to have a pretty constant flow of games.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Do we have a thread in Resetera with the planned release schedule for the Switch ? I know a lot of discussions both here and in the Nintendo Direct Speculation circle around this topics, with lists flying around everywhere, but I haven't seen yet a thread or post fully encompassing it.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Do we have a thread in Resetera with the planned release schedule for the Switch ? I know a lot of discussions both here and in the Nintendo Direct Speculation circle around this topics, with lists flying around everywhere, but I haven't seen yet a thread or post fully encompassing it.
no. you'll see what's up every month eShop wise in the OP of tolkir's monthly eShop threads https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-eshop-march-2019-weekly-updates-on-threadmarks.102601/
the first party schedule is pretty straightforward and doesn't really need a thread.

yoshi (march), boxboy (april), mario maker 2 (june), fire emblem (july), astral chain (aug), luigi 3 (let's face it, that's october), pokémon, animal crossing, link's awakening for Q3/4 and that's your year so far.
inbetween you have DxM and DQ9 S.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Yoshi not hitting 75 on Metacritic, calling it now.

edit: Also. So many Nintendo development groups and studios we know NOTHING about. That's a damn fantastic thing considering we already have massive amount of games and more to come all the time.

Yoshi sitting comfortably at 80 right now.
Luckily I don't make my money with stuff like this :D

boyifyoudont

Feb 10, 2018

Monolith recruiting for Zelda. From Production 2 according to the site ("Special" is the new IP team, "Production 1" is the XB team)

Status
Not open for further replies.