• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the shorthand of Football is understood to mean the type of football that is most popular in the region from which you're from. The proper full term for 'soccer' is Association Football while the proper term for American Football is Gridiorn Football.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the shorthand of Football is understood to mean the type of football that is most popular in the region from which you're from. The proper full term for 'soccer' is Association Football while the proper term for American Football is Gridiorn Football.
I thought you were joking so i didn't anwer seriously but yeah you are correct, as a child it was so weird to learn that footbal is called soccer in the US because the name football is already in english

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
So that climate change in mass media thread made me bring up a thought I haven't had in a while (and tbh I didn't want to bring it up in that thread cause it would veer off topic if I did), but I ask a question for the One Piece community:

How likely do you think One Piece will address climate change in the future?

So Oda likes to do these things in One Piece that I call "checkboxes." For better or worse, Oda is telling every story he's ever wanted to tell in One Piece. This can range from his comedic musings , how much he likes boobies, to his social commentary on real life issues. However one thing that's noticeably absent from the series is how it tackles climate change.

However, this doesn't mean the hints aren't there. From the very beginning of the crew entering the Grand Line, Nami made it very clear that the weather of the Grand Line was extremely abnormal. As the series goes on, we discover that "abnormal" doesn't sell it too well. I mean, for fuck's sake, there's a hole in the ocean at Eines Lobby for what reason exactly?! And that's just one example of the craziness.

Even in Wano, the entire country is dying due to it's dying ecosystem. Wano is an apocalyptic wasteland.

With the way Oda is pacing things, and how things get more and more higher stakes in the Grand Line, I wouldn't be surprised if climate change as an issue doesn't get brought up until the very end of the series. Maybe it was the ultimate damage the World Government put on the world in some way.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
hard to seriously talk about climate change in one piece when you got a crazy orange waving around a weather changing pogo stick and DFs that can catastrophically alter a regions geography

shits too insane. would love to see Oda try though 🤔

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
how did we miss that y'all?

ayo can we get a happy birthday chant going for bishop? happy birthday man

gotta respect lotus for remembering. the mans a true nakama 😭

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Chp 792
I have a feeling that the world government wouldn't be caught dead apologising for anything and that they aren't gonna like Fujitora prostrating himself on their behalf. In front of live television.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chp 792
I have a feeling that the world government wouldn't be caught dead apologising for anything and that they aren't gonna like Fujitora prostrating himself on their behalf. In front of live television.

Rereading Dressrosa made it so obvious in hindsight that Fujitora was blatantly not doing his job and stalling for time in order to expose how flawed the Shichibukai system is

how did we miss that y'all?

ayo can we get a happy birthday chant going for bishop? happy birthday man

gotta respect lotus for remembering. the mans a true nakama 😭

I didn't remember, I just saw that he mentioned it was his bday on the Too am OT. So I figured this OT shouldn't be left out lol

Thank you, nakama Lotus.

You're welcome!

Oct 26, 2017
Good luck. Where are you hitting up? I'm going to go in exactly one year if everything stays stable.

Edit: Happy birthday Imperial Bishop

Edit 2: Gotta go with my giant girl Smoothie on this one.
Happy birthday Imperial Bishop, hope you have a good one. Where the party at tho
They are progressing quickly in their abilities

Happy birthday Imperial Bishop hope you havin a good one homie

I'm so happy I could eat a whole orphanage. Lmao

I'd post my Robin cake but it's all gone now.
>.>

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Breh I started the chant and he didn't even acknowledge me. first post of the page too 😩
The disrespect in here. Join my crew

Edit: o look at the time
tumblr_prtfs5dLoq1tx45yjo1_400.gif

Last edited:

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Chp 794
Is Sabo's left eye fixed? As in he can't close it? Glad we go to see the reunion in full.

One Piece CHpater 943 Spoilers from Siyporg
- Shinobu talks about the effects of the smile fruit
- Flashbak of a meeting between Kaido Doflamingo and CC (most likely about Smile effetcs)
- Orochi sees toko and tries to shot her with his rifle.
- Zoro and Sanji protect toko

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
One Piece CHpater 943 Spoilers from Siyporg
- Shinobu talks about the effects of the smile fruit
- Flashbak of a meeting between Kaido Doflamingo and CC (most likely about Smile effetcs)
- Orochi sees toko and tries to shot her with his rifle.
- Zoro and Sanji protect toko
We eating with that last panel, son!

It's been, what, three IRL years or so?

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Vol 79
End of Dressrosa! My favourite arc so far in this New World era. I can see why people liken it to Alabasta, though. Doffy was a great villain and I liked his family and the cast of characters we met in Dressrosa.

I feel like I'm missing something with Sanji and his group. Or is that on purpose? Oda does like to drop the reader right into the middle of the story but how did they end up on an island? Who's this ninja girl? Who has the Sunny?

Kaido is...different in attitude than what I expected.

New arc! I don't have any clue what it's about! Looking forward to it!

Oct 27, 2017
Vol 79
End of Dressrosa! My favourite arc so far in this New World era. I can see why people liken it to Alabasta, though. Doffy was a great villain and I liked his family and the cast of characters we met in Dressrosa.

I feel like I'm missing something with Sanji and his group. Or is that on purpose? Oda does like to drop the reader right into the middle of the story but how did they end up on an island? Who's this ninja girl? Who has the Sunny?

Ehehehe

Prepare yaself homie

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Vol 79

If you liked Dressrosa, I think you'll quite like the next few arcs, which in my opinion returned the series to its best level.

I envy you :(

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
If you liked Dressrosa, I think you'll quite like the next few arcs, which in my opinion returned the series to its best level.

I envy you :(
I envy you! You get to talk and theorise about upcoming story. I can barely get context for any of the posts in this thread.

Which reminds me:

Happy travels, Cantaim
Congrats and best wishes, Imperial Bishop

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I envy you! You get to talk and theorise about upcoming story. I can barely get context for any of the posts in this thread.

Which reminds me:

Happy travels, Cantaim
Congrats and best wishes, Imperial Bishop
Well, you'll get here soon enough and will have to withstand the dread that breaks and week-to-week chapters bring 👹

On the bright side, you'll be introduced to a few of this manga's MVPs relatively soon enough!

Karthane

Mar 20, 2018
I feel like that chapter is to give the readers a nice little tease of what is to come, you aren't supposed to understand everything. At that point in the manga current readers had not seen Sanji/Nami/Chopper/Brook for over 2 years.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
Djinn reminded me that I need to do another proper re-read of Dressrosa. Current One Piece is a still burning inferno and Dressrosa was so much the initial powder keg that I think people who burned out on it (and even some folk who got the bulk experience but way sooner than where the series is at current) will miss out on/not appreciate smaller details about the arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.