• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
September 27 OP :-)

i never played the game before. Im actually excited to pick this up.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
And the best part is: NO COMPROMISES!

By now our Moonity Engine is super optimized. 1080p@60fps in docked mode, 720p@60fps in handheld mode. Enjoy buttery smooth Ori that looks exactly like it does on PC / Xbox on your Switch :)
Goddamn, that's some impressive work on the part of your team.

Will there be a physical release?

fieldafar

Jan 23, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

By now our Moonity Engine is super optimized. 1080p@60fps in docked mode, 720p@60fps in handheld mode. Enjoy buttery smooth Ori that looks exactly like it does on PC / Xbox on your Switch :)
giphy.gif

You guys are wizards, man. Will definitely double dip.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Love seeing the concern trolls putting their foot in their mouths so many times in one thread.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018

Congratulations!

I bought the game on my brother's Xbox when it first released, and I'll buy it again on my own system in September.

Looking forward to returning to the wonderful world you and the Moon crew created.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
>Running at 60FPS regardless of output

That's some good stuff there, team. Still not getting used to seeing an Xbox logo in a Nintendo presentation.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Thanks a ton. Been meaning to get this on my PC, but I'll for sure grab this on Switch.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

giphy.gif

Sorry but, I can't, played too much Switch recently, first party as well as third party and nope, I can't, I will only believe it when I see it. It's bought anyway but this would extremely surprise me.
Hope this posting won't backfire. 😛

And please release it retail, this would be the perfect gift for my girlfriend.

daase ko

Oct 26, 2017

Could have wait a bit before posting, I wanted more experts opinions on the matter.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
HOW can a game like ORI from the Xbox One

Run on a system like the Nintendo Switch???

/s obviously

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Some indie ports on the switch have serious technical problems; I'm not getting excited until I hear hands-on impressions.
Although you're right, I always laugh when I read these kind of things because the PS4/XBOX port of Hollow Knight is slightly worse than the Switch version. Played on my Xbox and experienced significant frame drops every now and then. Never had any problems on Switch

Should be mentioned that the PS4/Xbox port of HK weren't done by Team Cherry. The Switch port was.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
microsoft: "oh my god i accidentally published Ori and the Blind Forest on Nintendo Switch… please don't buy it!! unless.. u want to? lol jus kidding please don't.. if u want.. haha nah don't buy it… unless?"

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Normal people : YES !

Weirdos : Please run like shit, please run like shit !

*native res + 60"

Weirdos : ........

Omeganex9999

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm not a fan of the genre but loved it nonetheless (I personally liked it more than Hollow Knight, which was excellent as well). I don't think I have time to double-dip on Switch, but if let's say a certain sequel was, let's say, released on a certain switchable console, let's say, I would definitely buy it there.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I totally forgot that the game was 60fps on Xbox One. But 1080p/60fps on Switch too, like Xbox? How's that possible?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
For real. Hey BioDigital Jazzman and Granjinha, you two want some crow? :P

Bruh, this is Nintendo we're talking about. There probably won't be achievements and I'm OK with this.
Minecraft for Switch has Xbox achievements, and Cuphead is getting them soon as well. With Ori being published by Xbox Game Studios, I don't think it's a stretch to believe it will as well.

That's fantastic! Thank you all for your hard work, I'll be buying my fourth copy of the game next month for Switch <3 Question: will Ori for Switch be getting Xbox Live support (achievements, etc.)?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
1) Looks awesome
2) Why the hell is Nintendo's livestream so choppy
3) Why the hell is everything amazing launching in September

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Cuphead was already an amazing port. Few compromises and came with built in achievements.
Ori looking to match?
Xbox console exclusive indie games showing other devs how it's done?