• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's actually pretty simple when you know a few rule of thumbs.

*Left option is always interrogate them to gain Intelligence for a particular safehouse. Using an interrogate puts the member at -1 rank. At 0 rank they are usually not assigned to any division which is not good because they are not assigned any rewards. 4 Safehouses you can raid, you need to get 100 Intelligence to unlock a safehouse.
*Right option is random so that's the one you need to read.
*Executing them gives +1 rank. There are 3 ranks maximum on a given member. Giving them rank makes their rewards higher BUT it also makes them harder and they can gain items to boost them up even further.

*Every member has rewards that are themed. You need to look at a chart for this one but it's non random and you know what every member will do. The variation is that each member offers something different depending on which safehouse they are under. So Hillock offers something different if he is in Research or Fortification. Look at the chart to see what you want (ie. Rin in Intervention is really god damn strong).

*Members can gain trust or rivalry against one another. Trust means there is a green wire attached to them and that means that they will aid each others when there is a spawn. This is good because it gives you more rewards and more "turns" to influence the board but of course it is more challenging. When there is a rivalry then what will happen is that either they will also come but will have an option that is negative for you or the board (ie. removing members from the board completely) or they will actually sabotage their partners in some way. This can be good or bad but I would avoid this.

*When you raid a safehouse, the person in charge of the safehouse is put in Interrogation and the person who was just below takes over and you need to start all over again. You can raid each of the 4 safehouses when you have gained enough intelligence and then the final is the Mastermind which requires intelligence only earned from safehouses (so it's a long process but it's essentially an end game boss).

Now this is extra but its tip to maximize rewards:

*You can have multiple members under a particular safehouse division. I can have like 4 people under and when I raid the safehouse.. ALL of them will come. The person who the yellow wire is attached to will become the new leader. If you have everyone at rank 3 then you can have MASSIVE rewards at the end of the Safehouse.

*What I like to do is to stack up on a safehouse that is about to fill up. So if I see that Fortification is almost complete, I start moving members to Fortification if I see that option. Likewise, if there is a safehouse that is far from completing then I move them around or interrogate them.

*The right option (which is not the interrogate option) is usually the more powerful option that helps you set up the board.

*There is actually a third option and that is walking away. You don't get the immediate reward for them but say you have a stacked up safehouse and you REALLY want to keep Rin in Intervention but the only two options that you get are removing from the board or interrogating her. In something like this, I just walk away completely and not picking one of the options.

There are honestly many guides out there now on this. It's more complicated than it appears and the board is very much in your control. You can make it easier for you or super hard. If you are starting out, don't go ham on ranking them because they become insanely strong and always pick the "remove items from members" option if/when you get it. And note that the item on the members aren't items that can drop from them but rather items that they are equipping themselves to buff them up.

This is mostly correct. When you finish a safehouse it changes leadershep and is reset back to 0 so you have to start again on it.

Green and red lines are just relationship. If say Hillock is in Fortifcation and Vagan is in Intervention, if on the map there is a Fortification event then Hillock can show up but if he does show up then it means Vagan will show up too. What will happen afterwards USUALLY is that Vagan will request to be moved to Fortifcation so he can be closer with Hillock. However, sometimes you can even get the Betray option if there is a trust relationship (you need to have trust to betray someone's trust!) which can result in one person promoting and the other demoting.
Great, that's very helpful, so at my early stage, I'll probably concentrate on getting some intelligence on the ones I can, and not rank up the members to much to see if I can get some good leveling gear?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Great, that's very helpful, so at my early stage, I'll probably concentrate on getting some intelligence on the ones I can, and not rank up the members to much to see if I can get some good leveling gear?
Yes though it's less about the leveling gear and more about currency/side item drops especially the veiled mods that are very powerful. Veiled mods are stored forever in your crafting machine to be used again when you need them. Of course some are more expensive than others but still they can give you a good boost early on if you start crafting them on your gear.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes though it's less about the leveling gear and more about currency/side item drops especially the veiled mods that are very powerful. Veiled mods are stored forever in your crafting machine to be used again when you need them. Of course some are more expensive than others but still they can give you a good boost early on if you start crafting them on your gear.
Great, I'll do that.

This is my first attempt at a league, so I am going to try and go for at least 12 challenges to get 1 of the MTX's!

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Usually I play alone, but anyone can tag along if they want to! I'm finishing my T2 and T3 maps tonight (EU timezone), then master dailies and T4+ completion. Warning though, I'm going to do all content that I meet. Delves, incursions, beastcrafting whenever I can. "Vihermaali" in-game.

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, another question (I have googled, but I can't find the answer)

So I did the quest for Einhar where you weaken the beasts and he captures 4 of them, you go back to the menagerie, speak with him, and he says go north and use the blood altar, I go north and find the blood altar, but can't use it, it just has "?????" on the place where I assume you interact with it.

What am I missing?

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Ok, another question (I have googled, but I can't find the answer)

So I did the quest for Einhar where you weaken the beasts and he captures 4 of them, you go back to the menagerie, speak with him, and he says go north and use the blood altar, I go north and find the blood altar, but can't use it, it just has "?????" on the place where I assume you interact with it.

What am I missing?

It's not the blood altar you are looking at. You are looking at the area where captured beasts go. It says "?????" because you don't know what goes in there yet.

Blood altar is near Einhar and has a "grey skull" minimap icon.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Best league ever and i do not even engage with Syndicate yet ;p
So much stuff to do that i cannot stop playing to check up on some youtube videos or even this thread ;p

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Some PoE updates here.

I rerolled Templar elemental hit totems.. and right now, at level 74, my character is already faster and more powerful than my fully geared Shadow arc mines. And I'm flying around maps like a madman. Of course, it's far squishier so my next step is to build life so I can sustain dmg without dying. I am completing tier 12 maps with ease with 4k HP, carried by damage.

I must be the luckiest man on earth in PoE right now (or was) because I used 13 fusings and hit a six link on a Chin Sol (wasn't even trying for this, hoping to get a 5L lol), sold it for 4ex. So my damage is partly due to having 3 BiS items.. but I'm level freaking 74, not even the same level as uber lab.

Sniped a Yoke amulet for 3ex.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone play around with brand skills as a primary attack? I'm looking at building a brand Hierophant and I think it'll do well. Curious, how does leech/reflect operate with brands? I'm not at home so I can't test it.

My Starter character (Ice Spear elementalist) is doing awesome. Still looking for the last mini labyrinth I need to get into the Uber Lab to really finish off the build but I've cleared up to T11 maps no problem unless I get jacked by the Syndicate.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Supposedly Heiros aren't the best for (Armageddon) brands. Check Elementalist or Trickster for brands. Maybe even Inquis. Apparently the brand nodes in Heiro ascendancy are undertuned compared to other options.

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I love that the bargains are influenced by what Syndicate members see you do in front of them. Execute two and suddenly the third might become more pliable and offer a better bargain than before.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I love that the bargains are influenced by what Syndicate members see you do in front of them. Execute two and suddenly the third might become more pliable and offer a better bargain than before.
You can only execute if there are 2 or more Syndicate members. They want to look like martyrs to their friends. However, leave them alone and suddenly they will bargain everything to let them leave xD.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly Heiros aren't the best for (Armageddon) brands. Check Elementalist or Trickster for brands. Maybe even Inquis. Apparently the brand nodes in Heiro ascendancy are undertuned compared to other options.
I'm already playing an elementalist so I'd like to try something else. I'll look into trickster and Inquisitor though. Heiro is nice because if I don't like brands it should be easy to switch to totems so I'm kind of hedging my bet there.

Brands work like spells so they can leech and reflect damage.
Thanks!

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I am getting that game crash about indexing every few minutes since the patch last night. Thankfully I'm not alone and there are multiple threads on the technical support page about it. Hopefully a hotfix comes out for it today!

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
3.5c just hit Xbox says it fixes a bug with incursions which is nice cause after I found her twice I haven't seen her again and haven't been able to finish the temple

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm just about done using my league starter, and now just need to save currency to buy the gear for a new character. Can someone recommend me some CoC builds. I definitely want to make a CoC build, but I'm not sure what I want to do so I'm looking for ideas.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm just about done using my league starter, and now just need to save currency to buy the gear for a new character. Can someone recommend me some CoC builds. I definitely want to make a CoC build, but I'm not sure what I want to do so I'm looking for ideas.
Dual Wield CoC Discharge is like old school but I think there are easier options now. Or you can single wield Cospri's and use a Lycosidae shield for accuracy.

Cospri's Freeze Pulse plus Glacial Cascade with Blade Flurry on CoC or Ice Nova plus Frostbolt/Glacial Cascade.

Last edited:

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I did a Syndicate raid and there was a chest I had to pick an item from in like 8 seconds, there were a bunch of currency, cards and uniques. I freaked out and got a unique helmet, Starkonja's Head, because it was a bear pelt. :p
There were also two benches that upgraded my weapons to 26%, but quality doesn't really improve caster stats does it?
EDIT: Looks like I also got a set of "The Dapper Prodigy" divination cards that give me a 6-slot chest! Nice.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nah quality doesn't do anything for caster stats.

Starkonja's Head is a nice helm though.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished act 7, but I still have the "No time like the present" quest to complete an incursion. Only problem is, I have no idea where in act 7 to actually go to do it?

edit: nm just ran into alva

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just had a super bull shit death. Was in Moon Temple tier 9 map. Enter the boss room, find out that the boss is haunted by a Tormented Soul. Cool, just gotta avoid his attacks and do more damage. Then when he is at 75% HP after I use my burst stuff, an Intervation appears with 2 beefed up 3 rank Syndicate members. They someone other dudes, the door is disable, I try to teleport out but somehow the game freezes/lags and the game crashes. Log in to see I have died and I can't access the map anymore... LMFAO! I still haven't completed Moon Temple by the way, last time it crashed at the boss too.

Edit: Nevermind got the map back after relogging a couple of times. Got the map completion and level 90!

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Ziz had a very similar death in the same boss arena. Something is going on with that arena.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TenuousEnjoyableBasenjiKevinTurtle

What's your play time?
It says 1 day 11 hours under play times so 35 hours. Sounds about right to be honest, I went hard on the first 2-3 days, then took a break where I didn't play for like 4-5 days and then played today after the break.

26 deaths though LOL! Definitely among my highest in a league getting to 90 minus the first time I got to level 90 (when I was still learning the game). Syndicate kicked my ass before and many factors lead to deaths (random ass lag spikes, game chugging/freezing, too much shit on the screen and get hit by stuff, get trapped by a million mobs or random one shots). Now I have better defenses and close to 0 chaos resistance as well plus Phase Acrobatics. If the deaths were fewer then I would have gotten to 90 quicker obviously.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
New crafting system definitely helped with chaos resists, now it's possible to "fine-tune" resists more and just put the leftover resists into chaos.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In this league, practically anyone can create great gear for themselves using alt/regal for a couple of stats you want, Annuling off one of them and then multi craft the rest to get 5 really good stats for your build. Hell that's how people have been making 400 pDPS Jeweled Foils. Its much consistent that trying to fossil/essence/chaos spam gear for yourself although for certain items that is still very good (like getting +2/+3 bows for Toxic Rain/Caustic Arrow type builds or even Ele Hit builds).

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, the syndicate members hit really hard, what's the best way to unsquishy my squishy caster? What stats should i be looking to boost to give me a bit more survivability when going up against them?

Did my first safehouse, which was fun, until the arena when the 3 star general wailed on me, there is no way i could consider hardcore.

Also, vaal/corrupt gems, i understand they can't be improved in quality, but is it a plain upgrade until you get access to currency that you can use to quality skills?

I am running arc, and have just found vaal arc.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
So would levelling it alongside my regular arc be a good idea?

Totally. Its actually a good habit to have a 6 socket in your second weapon set with popular gems to level up while playing and sell or use later.

I have 3 empowers currently leveling in my second set to sell eventually right now.

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Are research missions harder to come by? I see transportation and fortification all the time and recently (just started act 9) I've been ganked all the fucking time it seems, but I almost never find the research lab areas. The research leader is even showing up as a question mark, I don't think I ever raided the research safehouse.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the syndicate members hit really hard, what's the best way to unsquishy my squishy caster? What stats should i be looking to boost to give me a bit more survivability when going up against them?

Did my first safehouse, which was fun, until the arena when the 3 star general wailed on me, there is no way i could consider hardcore.

Also, vaal/corrupt gems, i understand they can't be improved in quality, but is it a plain upgrade until you get access to currency that you can use to quality skills?

I am running arc, and have just found vaal arc.
As a spell caster you need to invest in the Keystone called Mind Over Matter. This makes it so that your mana also adds to your life total which adds like an extra layer of defense. Then get as many life nodes as possible, even travelling towards the Scion life cluster and pick all of that up. Next you are going to want Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics this league which will help you survive in maps.

Of course you need to cap your elemental resistances at 75% each. You also probably would want two defensive flasks as well. Stibnite Flask so you blind enemies (if you get chance to blind on an abyss jewel then replace this with a Jade Flask), Basalt Flask for physical mitigation amd Atziris Promise for leeching and chaos res. The new Cinderswallow flask is great for defense as well if you get the one that says 15% of hits taken as life leeched.

Make sure your immunities are covered too. At minimum you need a flask that removed bleeding, one that removes freezing and preferably one that removes curses. Getting a flask that removes shock is good too but you usually want to unique flasks in a build so ita harder to get. And then get defensive skills. Cast when damage taken linked with Immortal Cry and Enfeeble or Temporal Chains is great. You can even attach Vortex or Cold Snap to the set up to chill enemies. You also need Fortify on your movement set up. Something like Whirling Blades, Faster attack and Fortify. This is 10% mitigation right there. And finally, Decoy Totem is simply amazing, taunts enemies aways from you amd reduces their damage by 10%. The Pantheon is all defenses bonuses as well so invest in those too. If you are getting stunned then the Brine King onw is great. Otherwise get the one that reduces damage taken from crits. And finally, get ways to leech life and mana from mobs to sustain in fights.

There are more ways to get defense but this is all standard stuff for casters. If you are going CI Energy Shield then you dont need chaos mitigation or Acrobatic modes of course.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Cinderswallow flask is great. I got a 3% all (you only want mana and life anyways) and that mod for 7 chaos. If it wasn't so common this flask would be 2ex.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I don't die from enemies on msos etc. but from delve darkness lmao. It sucks because of you start delve late you get no xp to level and it's so time consuming unless someone knows a trick they i don't know.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
What are the most helpful/important tabs to grab other than Currency? I have 140 points remaining after grabbing that, considering getting the quad premium as it's essentially the same price/space as 4 premium tabs.

Of course I may end up getting a supporter pack and having more points to throw at a proper premium bundle and map tab or something.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
QUESTION TIME: How much have you spent on microtransactions in POE?

It's 40 $ for me (two 50 points pack and a 25€ Undertaker Pack to buy premium stash) I usually throw money at GGG after an intense period of playing time. Now I have something like 60h in the betrayal league fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu that's insane lol. So I'm gonna but the Seeker Pack and with the points included I will buy some stash since they are on sale.