• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Something has to give with these launchers, right?

I mean even fucking Corsair has their own launcher. PC Gaming is going down the shitter. Be queuing for patches again next.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Lashley These three games were already installed? You would not be able to use Rockstar's launcher to download them without Steam, right?
0exLdgQ.png

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
My solution to all these launchers:
Just use Steam and GOG, save the other launchers' games for when or if you clear your GOG and/or Steam backlogs.
Problem solved~

I mean it is what I do 🐱‍👓

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
This Rockstar Social Club rebranding reveals a lot of people who had their opinion on the EGS and reduced it to "another launcher" and had never any intention to understand peoples problems with Epic way of doing business. So that's cool.

Oct 25, 2017
Yoo, new RoR2 update sounds sick:
Skills 2.0 introduces a new way to play your favorite survivor! Our new "Loadout" system allows for swappable skills and skins at the beginning of each run. Each survivor will maintain their unique identity, but have some options to tinker with before jumping into a run. While some skill variants play off existing skills, some variants are entirely unique abilities available to a survivor. Each new skill and skin in your Loadout will be unlocked only with survivor-specific challenges - good luck! More skills and skins are planned to be added in future updates.

This Rockstar Social Club rebranding reveals a lot of people who had their opinion on the EGS and reduced it to "another launcher" and had never any intention to understand peoples problems with Epic way of doing business. So that's cool.
Right?

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
Something has to give with these launchers, right?

I mean even fucking Corsair has their own launcher. PC Gaming is going down the shitter. Be queuing for patches again next.
Platform holder cuts have to go down first. 30% is just too much to swallow for the big companies. But I'm confident that it will happen eventually.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get Rami, he is cheering for Epic Store and yet he has some issues with this

He also respects journalists and it is on their side while those same journalists only cover indie games that are already big hits or from established developers.

And yet he has a lot of issues with Steam who is actually only Store that is trying to solve discoverability issues for indie developers.

You don't "get it" because you're assigning random arbitrary bullshit to all parties you are talking about. You're not trying to get it, in fact, you appear to be deliberately NOT trying to understand it.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not gonna bother with the headache, what am i missing

Rockstar updated their Social Club stuff to the Rockstar Games Launcher or something like that. It is now Rockstar's Battle.net. Seen lots of people "So you mad because another launcher huehuehuehue". These people also miss out that no one had a problem with Microsoft doing Gamepass with an external app but you know, that we forget handily.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
also maybe its important to keep your categories file safe in a seperate place for if this update really fucks it all up

its STEAM/userdata/[whatever your id number]/7/remote/sharedconfig.vdf this

Bruticis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You don't "get it" because you're assigning random arbitrary bullshit to all parties you are talking about. You're not trying to get it, in fact, you appear to be deliberately NOT trying to understand it.
Agreed, the EGS concern trolling is getting pathetic at this point. I think it's pretty clear by now you either hate EGS with every fiber of your being or you don't.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

I can't understand how he can ignore everything bad about whole Epic Store situation in hope that Valve will change one thing. Let's say Valve changes cut for indies to 10% (that is apparently what he cheers for) what then? That again matters more to bigger indies than smaller ones. Smaller ones need to sell more one way or another. He "complains" about streamers asking 25K to stream games and whole Epic discoverability is based on Twitch and other streaming platforms, he has issues with crunch yet he supports company that is under crunch for months and years, he want's indie developers to have freedom and yet he supports curated Store and so on. One good thing doesn't make for plenty of other wrong ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.