• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
I have made the mistake to create a dynamic collection for F2P games. I need to restart Steam.

nONsZ8d.png

Edit: Welp! I am using 80 Mb/s of bandwidth because of that.

tTD6SRC.png

Last edited:

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Post I made in the other thread:

They need some kinda workshop/sharing feature where people can upload their own covers and you can just opt-in to have the top rated cover as your default one if the devs haven't provided an official one. There's just too many I can imagine are gonna be left the way they currently are.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I like the update in general but honestly the new game pages are so good. They just look great and it gives every game it's own community vibe.

Edit: Although I'm finding a certain sexy theme in a lot of the community content.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017

They need some kinda workshop/sharing feature where people can upload their own covers and you can just opt-in to have the top rated cover as your default one if the devs haven't provided an official one. There's just too many I can imagine are gonna be left the way they currently are.

This sounds like a great idea actually. Would make things a lot easier.

Also how you do you find your hidden games?

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
If I cannot delete my dynamic collection outside of Steam, I won't be able to use it again.

Hopefully, there is no could save.

Edit: It worked after I deleted all the categories:

its STEAM/userdata/[whatever your id number]/7/remote/sharedconfig.vdf this

Edit²: Still using a ton of bandwidth without telling what it is for. It is downloading ~ 2 MB/s.

QLq0MCT.png

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
When you click on that only Installed games button it keeps all categories you made not just ones that have game installed :(

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Also how you do you find your hidden games?
I was just about to ask this myself.

I can search for them, but I can't get the complete list.

Edit: It seems you can access them, but not in the list view, by searching for an item you know is hidden, and then click on the category "HIDDEN". You'll then see all hidden games in the main window.

If I cannot delete my dynamic collection outside of Steam, I won't be able to use it again.

Hopefully, there is no could save.

How many F2P titles have you added? 😲

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
So does anyone know if you can filter/search in the big box art part of it? I'd like to be able to filter down in that screen rather than the list view.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How many years til they finally update everything and Steam has a coherent design again?

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SaDjsLz.png

Lol. 4-5 games on a 1080p screen, cpu and ram usage of an aaa title. Epic store, now you have real competition.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
EEr3Vb5XoAI_128.jpg

Some of the new covers are real dope, I really dig the one for Crown Trick. Then you got Steel Circus which has no logo.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Someone commented that to Alden. It was shot down because devs wouldnt want it to be so easily accesible in the store.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this is pretty underwhelming. A lot of filtering options and features I expected it to have aren't here.
Why can't I list only certain categories? The only way to ""remove"" a game from the general view is by hiding it, and there's no point in categorizing hidden games, not to mention it's a pain to access the hidden category.
I'm dumb, just mix and match shelves and collections! Yes! This is what I wanted. Still need the ability to drag and drop shelves while also being able to resize them and navigate through its games without having to expand the shelf. Imagine:
MbjvMqP.png

I should be able to left click a game and remove it from "recent" games without hiding it too.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'll just let you guys beta test this and I'll worry about it later, thanks

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Heeeeeeeey, so I finally got a laptop that can play videogames again - have been away from the scene since 2015/6 or so and blowing the dust off my Steam account - any recommendations on where to get some great cheap/free games to pad my account with for something to play? Otherwise it'll be dabbling in The Stanley Parable/Portal 1 and CS:GO for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, we need all those filtering options and dynamic tags on the wishlist.

Heeeeeeeey, so I finally got a laptop that can play videogames again - have been away from the scene since 2015/6 or so and blowing the dust off my Steam account - any recommendations on where to get some great cheap/free games to pad my account with for something to play? Otherwise it'll be dabbling in The Stanley Parable/Portal 1 and CS:GO for me.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For anyone anal about spoilers, the activity hub will show your friends unlocking achievements (with name/ description) that were /are traditionally hidden achievements, at least on the few games I looked at.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Sorting by "Release Date" is the best. You even get to see the exact release date below the game cover.

Edit: What is funny is that my Steam software is in English, but the release dates are copied from the French store, so they are in French.

lnG9JeL.png

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Give this a play too!

It has a megaman series-like level design and despite its visuals is a neat 2d action platformer :3

Also here is a list of other F2P games on steam

Doki Doki has horror elements btw, so be advised :x

Other than it, consider Warframe if your laptop can run it.

Other than that, GOG has free games too!

Unfortunately it lists some DLC as well but if you could take the time to look through them and at least get them drm-free installer like you're good ^^;

Oct 25, 2017
cheevo.gif

Sorting by "Release Date" is the best. You even get to see the exact release date below the game cover.

Edit: What is funny is that my Steam software is in English, but the release dates are copied from the French store, so they are in French.

lnG9JeL.png
🤔 wth
The background on my library flashes between light and hard grey depending on what I highlight (which is extremely annoying), yet yours is another shade of grey entirely.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
The background on my library flashes between light and hard grey depending on what I highlight (which is extremely annoying), yet yours is another shade of grey entirely.

I clicked here. You should get a library view similar to the one in my screenshot afterwards.

Saiwizx.png

If that does not work, activate "Low Performance Mode".

Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about this update: Game covers don't vanish in offline mode nor constantly load/unload when online
The worst: *click a game* *have to click again to launch* - congrats on not having the best part of grid view on your clearly grid view based new layout that will substitute all the current ones

Bonus worst: *click a game* *press down arrow or page down to scroll the game page, move between games/categories in the left bar instead*

I clicked here. You should get a library view similar to the one in my screenshot afterwards.

Saiwizx.png
The fuck Valve
This should be the default background for everything.

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
I believe that among other things the worst offender in this new library is the fact that contrary to how it worked in the previous grid view now if you click in the game cover the game won't start directly. This totally destroys the purpose of having the game art displayed there since it is the same thing as using the side bar.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I believe that among other things the worst offender in this new library is the fact that contrary to how it worked in the previous grid view now if you click in the game cover the game won't start directly. This totally destroys the purpose of having the game art displayed there since it is the same thing as using the side bar.
Agreed, minor thing but its annoying

Oct 25, 2017
Yep
Give me shelves in my horizontal oriented, insta launching grid view and I'm golden.
While the new filter features, etc are great, everything looks super ugly and the UX is worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.