• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
I've just tried doubling the resolution to get rid of this awful bilinear filter, and it works quite well. It still looks "retro" enough without being an awful blurry mess.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

And yes, this one has a better PS1 emulator. It's finally happening.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017

And yes, this one has a better PS1 emulator. It's finally happening.

Somebody make a video comparing it to SNES Classic PS1 emulation! /s

This is really neat and excited where this goes. Not sure if I'll hack it yet, I at least want an option to factory reset at the very least.

Ok, wtf, this is just a video with clips from the misleading video that has already been posted.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Im guessing that putting Retroarch on will basically wipe the unit and so remove all the existing preloaded games whether you want to keep them or not?

CaptainCanada

Oct 25, 2017
There is light on the horizon for the PS Classic. Though I still havent un boxed mine despite how much I wanted to play mr driller.... One day I will

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
I have the christmas week off work, cant wait to tinker with this thing, with the ability to load games off usb this thing will be my main emu unit

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Just went to Walmart, there are like over 20 available. I think im going to wait for a Boxing Day special like, at half price, and now that we can put our own games in it, i think i will pull the trigger.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I got super lucky and bought an "open box" for $30 cheaper (checked the save files. Guy literally played Ridge Racer and quit after first lap lol). I'm so excited to mod this. Never modded NES/SNES Classic but will mod this for sure.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Last edited:

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, so the base console doesn't remember which disc you last had in before starting again? That could get annoying.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone tried running a game that's already there by default from a USB dongle and know if the save game follows?

Just about to install PSClassic Tool 1.3 on a USB, but if my FFVII save doesn't follow...meh.

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, thank you. I hope to hear good things!

So unless you want to get into a screaming match on the phone with Amazon, they aren't just going to refund you the difference. I literally ordered three days ago as mentioned and had to get to a supervisor to do an "exception" for me because I've been a Prime member since '03. That's after dealing with an agent who barely spoke English and a Chat rep who put nothing but canned responses about Amazon' "fuck you we don't price match even if it's our own site" policy.

Amazon's customer service has really gone to shit. :/ The expectation that your are going to put the onus on the customer to package up a product, ship it back while reordering the same product at a lower price on your own website instead of just processing a $25 refund is astounding.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Those price drop credits were killed years ago. You definitely have to fight for it but not really worth it.

I just return/refund.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
So, I own a PS3 that plays all my PS1 discs. It also has something like 35 PS1 games downloaded onto it.

What should push me over the edge into buying this today? I'm right on the fence. PGXP coming through Retroarch?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
So, I own a PS3 that plays all my PS1 discs. It also has something like 35 PS1 games downloaded onto it.

What should push me over the edge into buying this today? I'm right on the fence. PGXP coming through Retroarch?

I'd say for $50 net on Amazon it's worth for the fun of modding and tinkering with.

Oct 30, 2017
So unless you want to get into a screaming match on the phone with Amazon, they aren't just going to refund you the difference. I literally ordered three days ago as mentioned and had to get to a supervisor to do an "exception" for me because I've been a Prime member since '03. That's after dealing with an agent who barely spoke English and a Chat rep who put nothing but canned responses about Amazon' "fuck you we don't price match even if it's our own site" policy.

Amazon's customer service has really gone to shit. :/ The expectation that your are going to put the onus on the customer to package up a product, ship it back while reordering the same product at a lower price on your own website instead of just processing a $25 refund is astounding.

Damn.

Thank you for the update.

I'm going to save a headache and straight up just return it.