• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're last game came shipped December 2011 (Golden Abyss in Japan, was held off for February 2012 Western launch).

They've essentially been working on this or prototypes of this thing for six years or so. It'll be seven years by 2019.

This is MGS V Kojima territory lol

So it's just a coincidence that it was being pimped as a 2018 game in January and after SoD2 debuts again, the game is delayed?

Sure buddy. Sure.

You are trying too hard.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm fine with this. Hoping Tsushima is still 2018
74Vj.gif

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Unless it came in August or early September it probably wouldn't have made sense anyways. Regardless of what people may think of Division 2, CoD, or Red Dead. It's not going to stand a chance against them in that season, especially with the some-what divisive online reaction.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Interesting. Are they just a small team then? Because this is a long development cycle for what looks to be a standard open world zombie game.

Bend was <50 employees as of January 2015. They started ramping up around that time, prior to that the project was in various states of pre-production/pitch.

They're now about double that.

Zen_Mu

Dec 7, 2017
Entirely expected. Would not be surprised to see it as the big early 2019 1st party game for them.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So.... You think they announe Spiderman s also 2019 at E3 or do they get that new out before ?

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
It's for the best. I want time to actually give it a shot. Don't know that it'd get that this fall.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
I mean, that could be a good thing. I understand that.

However, I was really hoping they keep this game and Last of Us Part 2 as far away from each other as possible. Otherwise this risks becoming "Sony's other zombie game".

What we've seen so far at 2 E3s (which I admit is proportionately small compared to the breadth of a full game) doesn't look to be that special. The first demo showed off some tech of large zombie crowds, which could be cool.
However, the game doesn't seem to be that interesting in regards to gameplay and mechanics.

So far, it's some regular ol shooting, some driving, and then pressing button prompts to interact with some environmental sets.

I just don't see why it exists yet. :\
I mean, I guess I shouldn't expect Sony bend to go from doing smaller versions of Syphon Filter, Resistance, and Uncharted, to going to make their own very unique HD console game.
I've just been such a Sony first party stan for a while, and this just looks like they saw GTA, Uncharted, and Last of Us and got complacent.

But grain of salt, as it's still early, let alone even earlier now that they've delayed it.
Maybe it's just being shown poorly.
Maybe delaying it will give them more time to refine whatever it is that is actually special about this game.

I'm ready to start being interested.

A bad game is always bad, a delayed game is eventually bad. Hideo kojima

Wasn't that a Miyamoto quote? Or are you just joking and it went over my head?

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Hmm, it was scheduled for 2018 before, so probably a delay. RDR2 could be a factor: if this game was aimed to release in October, then it's probably better to delay it lest RDR2 takes up all the air in the room for the fall period.

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bend's last game came out in December 2011. 7+ years to get this out. Looking forward to it- hopefully this is a marketing/'give it some room' type of a release date shift, not a 'it's missing something, we'll try to figure it out in the last 5 months'

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I don't get it, did Ghost of Tsushima already get delayed?

From what I understand Sony's CES trailer had products that they expected to launch in 2018 and Tsushima was included.

Considering Sucker Punch has been working on it for 3-4 years by the time 2018 ends it doesn't seem that shocking but idk

There is no date for Ghost of Tsushima.

Anything, and everything else is speculative and assumptions.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Scared of RDR2?

Crazy how long its been since game first announced, this is Sony's Crackdown.

Could be. Even Call Of Duty moved back to early October for the first time ever basically, and that's one game that will be in the top 3 biggest sellers of the year worldwide. In comparison, Days Gone is almost an indie title. Can't blame them for not going against RDR2. And if they had any doubts left, Call Of Duty just sealed October, so that's a wrap. Either you come out by early September, or may as well go 2019.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it's just a coincidence that it was being pimped as a 2018 game in January and after SoD2 debuts again, the game is delayed?

Sure buddy. Sure.

Why are you talking about SoD2 here? It's cool you're excited but I'm sure there's a more appropriate thread to bask in.

I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or really think that either game affects the other in a way where the game would be delayed.

Oct 27, 2017
There is no date for Ghost of Tsushima.

Anything, and everything else is speculative and assumptions.
True. I'm speculating but based on it being in Sony's 2018 CES trailer and with Sony saying at Paris Games Week that it was the right time to announce it and acknowledging that they sometimes announce games too early gives me hope it's coming roughly 12 months afrer reveal or less.

Like WipeOut Omega Collection, SotC Remake and other quick reveals-to-release. I can dream

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't get it, did Ghost of Tsushima already get delayed?

From what I understand Sony's CES trailer had products that they expected to launch in 2018 and Tsushima was included.

Considering Sucker Punch has been working on it for 3-4 years by the time 2018 ends it doesn't seem that shocking but idk

Forget it, this year is packed for Sony with exclusives and 3rd party deals, there's barely anymore space.

God of War - April
Detroit - May
Spider - June / July
Spyro - August / September
Dreams / Concrete Genie / Blood and Truth / Medieval -???
Call of Duty - October
Red Dead Redemption - October

I'm probably missing stuff, it's packed.

WillySJ3

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Q1 2019 would be good for this game. First party games should avoid oct-dec 2018, it will be a bloodbath.