• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The brow can be an element they chose to put there. Neither 2 pre-evos have brows. In fact, they have the exact same face until the final one

Sobble2 has a line connecting its eyes. This is also present in Sobble3.

The argument would have to be that someone rendered an impressively good looking fakemon, sat on it for months, saw these stage 2s, quickly threw on a few elements and changed colors, and pushed it out.

Oct 27, 2017
Sobble2 has a line connecting its eyes. This is also present in Sobble3.

The argument would have to be that someone rendered an impressively good looking fakemon, sat on it for months, saw these stage 2s, quickly threw on a few elements and changed colors, and pushed it out.
Are you talking Sobble or Grookey? I feel like 2 people responded and started talking about each other them

Terra

May 15, 2019
those sobble evos are uh not great, maybe they will grow on me. The Grookey evos are way better, but still not amazing. I think my favorite is the Galarian Meowth. Its ugly, but its cute Ugly

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Are you talking Sobble or Grookey? I feel like 2 people responded and started talking about each other them

In that context I'm saying Sobble, but it really applies to both.

xWfpMe.jpg

Sobble2 has a line between its eyes. This is not present in Sobble. Sobble3 also has it. Both of them also have half-closed eyes.

These models are simply too high quality to be done anything but months in advance. Someone, or two individual people, would have to make these fakemon, never post them anywhere, see these leaks, make some adjustments, and push out the fake models in less than a 2 hour timespan, give or take.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
It actually IS possible the final evols are faked.

Not that someone made them up in response the leak but someone could have taken the afflack leaks and made fakes long ago and sat on them for a time like today. Would explain why we get only those 2 pics.

Extremely unlikely to be the case, but who knows ... Grinch showed me how far the rabbit hole can go.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

Not that someone made them up in response the leak but someone could have taken the afflack leaks and made fakes long ago and sat on them for a time like today. Would explain why we get only those 2 pics.

Extremely unlikely to be the case, but who knows ... Grinch showed me how far the rabbit hole can go.
But the Afflack leaks didn't mention Grookie 2 and 3 would grow green wristbands, or that Sobble would go surly.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Not posting here since I'm skeptical but someone just posted Gigantamax Machamp and Kingler from a supposed guide book
The Machamp looks...yeah so I'm choosing to believe they're fake

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

But the odds of them somehow getting the design elements in common with their pre-evolutions are so astronomically low.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Tbf we've seen fairly different colorations in the Pokemon's "body" between stages, before. Sobble2 and Grookey2's colors being different from their evolutions doesn't seem too odd to me.

88a27a0750edc07a55459ead8f9eae1f4b2ac3a4r1-318-371v2_uhq.jpg

9ce.gif

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Okay? Evolutions in Pokémon aren't always just the previous line, but bigger. Every evolution adds or removes something

So you think they could have rendered Sobble3 months in advance and guess the line would flatten out?

I'm arguing there are too many similarities to the second stages for these models to be fake.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The Pokemon art style is really hard to imitate, these seem like the real deal. 2D pictures are obviously way easier to fake than 3D models though. Taking this with a grain of salt, leaning towards real.

EDIT: Nevermind 100% legit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.