Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It what sense?
-It doesnt have mechanics of gen 7 (held items since gen 2, abilities since gen 3)
-Cant trade pokemon with gen 7
-Pokemon have reduced movepool => not the same attacks as gen 7.

So its only gen 7 because of its release date? because it plays nothing like a gen 7 pokemon game.
In the sense that they were released within the period of the franchise where everything TPC was focused on was Gen 7 stuff (Pokemon Go with the Alolan Forms, the anime with the Grand Trials, the TCG with Forbidden Light and the headling mon being Ultra Necrozma, Celestial Storm bringing Stakataka-GX, Lost Thunder bringing in Blacephalon-GX and Zeraora-GX, Pokken DX headlining Decidueye, Smash Bros. bringing Incineroar, etc

That they're also shitty games does not change that they're gen 7 games

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
sh906bnc66t31.jpg

SOON

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, without seeing them for ourselves we don;t know if

The best change is the Swinub. I love that little guy and it's evolutions to the point that it's inclusion was my favorite piece of news to learn about from the previews.
I am looking forward to finding new favourites but equally excited that Swinub made the cut.

Have rideable Pokémon been announced for SwSh?

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
In the sense that they were released within the period of the franchise where everything TPC was focused on was Gen 7 stuff (Pokemon Go with the Alolan Forms, the anime with the Grand Trials, the TCG with Forbidden Light and the headling mon being Ultra Necrozma, Celestial Storm bringing Stakataka-GX, Lost Thunder bringing in Blacephalon-GX and Zeraora-GX, Pokken DX headlining Decidueye, Smash Bros. bringing Incineroar, etc

That they're also shitty games does not change that they're gen 7 games
Yeah, but is the same as considering the switch the first new next gen console just because it released after the wiiU (that was part of the xbox one, ps4 wiiU gen), it makes sense because of the release date, but it really isnt a usefull classification.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
j3whh0cz26t31.jpg

The difference 2 months can make
Interiors are definitely the highlight, a lot of improvements have been made since the February reveal. In general the game looks better then it did then, and I already loved what I was seeing then so this great news overall. Sinnoh and Gen 9 are gonna look amazing now that they have things locked down.
I don't even know how they can handle gen 5 remakes.
They honestly should just release Black 3 and White 3, with even more new cities in Unova and have the remaining 8 gyms as a post league challenge ala Kanto in Gen 2. Introduce yet another new pair of protagonists, rivals, and instead of Team Plasma have a new organization led by Colress.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That would be great since I was scared gigantamax would be too OP, but Im reading it only changes bug type moves in butterfree case, is this all moves or only attacking moves? (like with z-moves)
maxing, regardless of forms, changes moves to their respective max form. all attacking bug moves become the max bug move, etc. special moves regardless of type become the max protect or whatever

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
maxing, regardless of forms, changes moves to their respective max form. all attacking bug moves become the max bug move, etc. special moves regardless of type become the max protect or whatever
Ah ok, thanks.

It makes it more balanced, but it also make it more boring (since they will only be used to attack and not for other types of teams (unless they make more attakcs with fun side effects).

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok, thanks.

It makes it more balanced, but it also make it more boring (since they will only be used to attack and not for other types of teams (unless they make more attakcs with fun side effects).
hence why pokemon like Butterfree probably ain't gonna move up the ladder. much like z-moves, this will just make good pokemon better while bad pokemon will still be bad

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
hence why pokemon like Butterfree probably ain't gonna move up the ladder. much like z-moves, this will just make good pokemon better while bad pokemon will still be bad

Yes.
The only improvement from Z-moves is that Dynamaxing allows more liberty in team building as you could build teams which function differently depending on the Mon you dynamax. Let's say, you dynamax a Psychic Pokémon to prevent priority moves if you see the opposing team could use them, or a Fire Mon if you want the sun out.

Also, held items.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes.
The only improvement from Z-moves is that Dynamaxing allows more liberty in team building as you could build teams which function differently depending on the Mon you dynamax. Let's say, you dynamax a Psychic Pokémon to prevent priority moves if you see the opposing team could use them, or a Fire Mon if you want the sun out.

Also, held items.
three turns though, then it becomes dead weight again. in VGC format, that might be enough since there are only 4 pokemon on a team, but in Smogon formats, maxing a wall and waiting until the bad-to-ok pokemon becomes dead weight sounds like a good counter.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
three turns though, then it becomes dead weight again. in VGC format, that might be enough since there are only 4 pokemon on a team, but in Smogon formats, maxing a wall and waiting until the bad-to-ok pokemon becomes dead weight sounds like a good counter.

Oh yeah, I was talking about VGC.
I'm sure Dynamax/Giga is not balanced for single. I mean, Pokémon cannot switch out without loosing their Max form, so it really only makes sense in doubles.

Three turns is plenty of time in VGC, without being too OP.
Especially if G-moves go through Protect.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

Anyone who was looking forward to the steelbook edition in the US but was sad cause it looked like it was going to be EU exclusive can breathe easy now!

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheEchosOfTheCyborg
Feb 24, 2018
Speaking of VGC, I wonder if the Pikachu, Meowth and Eevee forms will be allowed given the restrictions on getting them and Meowth being an event Pokemon basically. Would seem unfair if they allowed them.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I was talking about VGC.
I'm sure Dynamax/Giga is not balanced for single. I mean, Pokémon cannot switch out without loosing their Max form, so it really only makes sense in doubles.

Three turns is plenty of time in VGC, without being too OP.
Especially if G-moves go through Protect.
in VGC, spreading status to two mons at once while dealing considerable damage is pretty crippling. to the point where it does sound OP. at least butterfrees die quickly, but if it gets off its max move, you've all but lost.

great, now I'm scared of an overcentralized meta

Speaking of VGC, I wonder if the Pikachu, Meowth and Eevee forms will be allowed given the restrictions on getting them and Meowth being an event Pokemon basically. Would seem unfair if they allowed them.
they're an automatic ban. unless meowth is breedable like dusk form lycanrock

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018

I'm sure they won't.
But now that you're saying that, I can't remember if Mega Blaziken was allowed in VGC 14. It's basically the same situation.

in VGC, spreading status to two mons at once while dealing considerable damage is pretty crippling. to the point where it does sound OP. at least butterfrees die quickly, but if it gets off its max move, you've all but lost.

great, now I'm scared of an overcentralized meta

I don't know about that.
Kommo'o had its very powerful Z-Move and was still manageable. I'm sure there will be counters to G-Butterfree.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
don't know about that.
Kommo'o had its very powerful Z-Move and was still manageable. I'm sure there will be counters to G-Butterfree.
Soulblaze didn't do much other than high damage, Kommo-o could be dealt with. 2 mons being asleep, burned, or paralyzed? that's gonna fuck up any strat if you don't have a berry that removes afflictions, which in turn would prevent maximizing a pokemon's abilities

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Soulblaze didn't do much other than high damage, Kommo-o could be dealt with. 2 mons being asleep, burned, or paralyzed? that's gonna fuck up any strat if you don't have a berry that removes afflictions, which in turn would prevent maximizing a pokemon's abilities

Soublaze did high damage on the whole field AND raised all of its stats by +1, that's pretty huge.
I don't think the G-move can burn, it's sleep, paralysis and... confusion? Can't remember.

Both misty terrain and electric terrain prevent sleep and will be way more accessible now, that's a good start.
And to loop back to the very first point : I'm sure it will be more interesting to Max any other Pokémon instead of bringing a Butterfree. :)

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Soulblaze also gave a Rainbow Boost which could let Kommo-o sweep if left unchecked.

Dynamax does seem to be a doubles focused skill due to providing aura's and weather effects on hit as well as hitting doubles, but also adds a giant "Deal With Me" target onto the Gigantimax pokemon to try and make those 3 turns become either 2 or 1. Wonder if we'll see a rise of Follow Me to go alongside it.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Soublaze did high damage on the whole field AND raised all of its stats by +1, that's pretty huge.
I don't think the G-move can burn, it's sleep, paralysis and... confusion? Can't remember.

Both misty terrain and electric terrain prevent sleep and will be way more accessible now, that's a good start.
And to loop back to the very first point : I'm sure it will be more interesting to Max any other Pokémon instead of bringing a Butterfree. :)
not saying Soulblaze is bad, but it's still a dragon move in a fairy heavy meta.

and according to the website, it's just sleep, poison, and paralysis. terrain can help with sleep, but dealing the speed drop and poison will still be points of contention

also, more shirts

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
Gigantamax Butterfree is the most viable gigantamax out of those revealed on the latest trailer, but regular Buttefree is a mediocre support at best. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I can't make out the Pokemon on the crest on the floor of that train station, I think I see Pikachu and Charizard, but what else is there?

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
not saying Soulblaze is bad, but it's still a dragon move in a fairy heavy meta.

and according to the website, it's just sleep, poison, and paralysis. terrain can help with sleep, but dealing the speed drop and poison will still be points of contention

also, more shirts

Is it wrong that i would like DLC clothes? Am i alone?

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
I can't make out the Pokemon on the crest on the floor of that train station, I think I see Pikachu and Charizard, but what else is there?
The bottom one looks like Gengar upside-down and from the side, and the top left seems to be Machamp from the side. I'm not sure about the one on the far left.

EDIT: Oh, it's Butterfree. They're all from the side:

ClVwG49.jpg

Last edited:

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I really think they aren't showing mid evos at this point prelaunch. If they were going to at this point, it would have been this month.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it wrong that i would like DLC clothes? Am i alone?
DLC anything would be good. GF is adverse to paid shit, but considering shit like mythicals and now the eevee, pikachu, and meowth, they don't have a leg to stand on. might as well go ahead and jump in with periodic free content

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The bottom one looks like Gengar upside-down and from the side, and the top left seems to be Machamp from the side. I'm not sure about the one on the far left.

EDIT: Oh, it's Butterfree. They're all from the side:

ClVwG49.jpg
Gengar and Machamp Giga forms here we come.
... I hope that's it for Gen 1 Gigas.
I really think they aren't showing mid evos at this point prelaunch. If they were going to at this point, it would have been this month.
Maybe if we're lucky they'll show them early November.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Love that there so secretive about this game all o know is a few characters and a few Pokémon it's brilliant