• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Yes please. Do it dump, you fucking bum.

More Sunlight please. It's so important to me. It being dark during winters months at 430pm is brutal.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
What is this feeling...I....I agree with the president on something. I don't understand what's happening to my body.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Total, yes. High traffic afternoon hours...no.

I believe it needs to be standard myself as well in order to better mesh with the rest of the world, but most people don't have that opinion...mostly because they can't think about more than themselves.
i mean really?

the rest of the world deals with us in day light saving time for like 8 months out of the year, whats another 4?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Marco Rubio @marcorubio

.@realDonaldTrump @POTUS I re-filed my bill from last congress along with @SenRickScott to do just that. Hopefully we can pass it in Congress & get it to your desk soon.

10:46 AM - Mar 11, 2019

Craig Caplan @CraigCaplan

"REPEAL OF TEMPORARY PERIOD FOR DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME"

Bill to make daylight savings time permanent was referred to Senate Commerce Cmte for future action. https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/ac98bf76-bbaa-4561-be12-3de1da256300/2A79BF74511EA66E196890EFFBCFD7A3.sunshine-protection-act-of-2019.pdf …

12:28 PM - Mar 11, 2019

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Ain't a goddamn person with Seasonal Affective Disorder that prefers standard over daylight time. Whenever we "fall back" to standard time my depression kicks into high gear. More waking daylight hours would be significantly beneficial to my mood and mental health during the winter months.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
There is a group in Colorado that is getting signatures to put this on the 2020 ballot. I think it'll be added and I think it'll pass.

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
So if we keep clocks forward, sunrise would be at worst 8:15 in CT for the winter solstice. It would start getting light out around 7:30-7:45 as the sun comes up behind the horizon. Sunset would then be around 5:25pm.

This would make such a huge difference. It would feel so much better leaving work and it still be daylight.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer Standard, personally.

I kind of don't like the super long summer days here in California where the post-"sunset" twilight hours feel like they drag on until 10pm or so, but I also get that I'm in the minority on that.

I'd take either over switching twice a year, though.

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico

Marco Rubio @marcorubio

.@realDonaldTrump @POTUS I re-filed my bill from last congress along with @SenRickScott to do just that. Hopefully we can pass it in Congress & get it to your desk soon.

10:46 AM - Mar 11, 2019

Craig Caplan @CraigCaplan

"REPEAL OF TEMPORARY PERIOD FOR DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME"

Bill to make daylight savings time permanent was referred to Senate Commerce Cmte for future action. https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/ac98bf76-bbaa-4561-be12-3de1da256300/2A79BF74511EA66E196890EFFBCFD7A3.sunshine-protection-act-of-2019.pdf …

12:28 PM - Mar 11, 2019

wItdeBu.gif

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Finally we agree on something.

Hopefully whatever bill that comes along doesn't have a bunch of BS in it.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Please make this dream come true. I've said for years I hate the fucking time change. It's stupid and I prefer we stick with one vs this switching back and forth shit. I have clocks in my house that are finally right again after the time changed back since I refuse to deal with taking them down and setting them back and forth an hour. It sounds silly, but the change in time is really stupid.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
First of all, Donald is likely parroting something he heard on one of shit TV shows, there was no rational thought nor logic involved in his conclusions. So I don't give a fuck if he is right, I hope it never happens so just to spite him. He is such a shit-brained dolt he wouldn't care either way, he can't help himself and needs to twit and be a twit and then tweets, it's his inane compulsion of stupidity.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone was saying the GOP had nothing to run on.

Now they are going to make DST permanent and the GOP will forever rule this country.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, if we can get anything positive out of this fucking abomination of a presidency I'd be all for it.

Make it so, Mr. President.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
This is probably just them feeling out a starting point for braindead negotations to receive $44 billion in contracts for his buddy's company to build a wall.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
you like going into work in the pitch black?

Yeah, who cares what it's like driving to work? Seriously? I just crawled out of bed and I'm heading to sit inside an office for 8 hours. Usually in horrendous traffic that no sunlight is going to make enjoyable. Even in the best scenario morning commutes don't border on something I'd even remotely want to waste my daylight on. Is that really the part of the day you want to "enjoy" in the sunlight? Or the few hours after work where you aren't tied down by the man and can actually enjoy what you're doing?

Imo, it's completely soul crushing walking out of work into pitch black darkness and having absolutely nothing to look forward to after the commute home.

Last edited:

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah, who cares what it's like driving to work? Seriously? I just crawled out of bed and I'm heading to sit inside an office for 8 hours. Usually in horrendous traffic that no sunlight is going to make enjoyable. Even in the best scenario morning commutes don't border on something I'd even remotely want to waste my daylight on. Is that really the part of the day you want to "enjoy" in the sunlight? Or the few hours after work where you aren't tied down by the man and can actually enjoy it what you're doing?

Imo, it's completely soul crushing walking out of work into pitch black darkness and having absolutely nothing to look forward to after the commute home.

it's one hour. If you're that affected by sunlight, maybe get checked for Seasonal Affective Disorder