• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, shame to see these shutting down. It hurts even moreso that there are a subset of dedicated individuals who this is going to effect a lot.

That said, is it only Naughty Dog developed (and Sony Published) games that are available online now? U2, U3 and TLOU are the only ones I can think of nowadays.
LittleBigPlanet 1/2/3

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
It's criminal that WarHawk hasn't had a PS4 sequel, though trying to compete against the current BR flavour I don't blame them. It was a really fun and unique game though.

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Oh wow... I love Warhawk. It is such a unique game. I'll miss it.

It should be fairly simple to get Warhawk working again over LAN tunneling with X-Link Kai though.

But its obvious whats happening, Sony is gearing up to end PSN support for the PS3. Its holding back the network for stuff like name changes I bet.

This. While i never played it, Warhawk should be ok. The community will just need to move to xlink kai since it has lan. It's a great service btw. Playing classic OG xbox games online again was a great feeling. Thank the heavens for Xlink kai.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
It's criminal that WarHawk hasn't had a PS4 sequel, though trying to compete against the current BR flavour I don't blame them. It was a really fun and unique game though.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Warhawk was my favorite mp game on the entire ps3 system.

I really wish they would give us another one like it on ps4/5, it was just a damn fun game.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
Warhawk was my favorite mp game on the entire ps3 system.

I really wish they would give us another one like it on ps4/5, it was just a damn fun game.
Best thing Sony could do is release Warhawk on the opening day/month of the PS5 as the first game on PS+ and then capture the new install base right from the get go.

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warhawk had consumed so much of my time when it came. I had pre-ordered it months in advance, and when it came I was just blown away by how fun it was. It was almost my first experience using a Bluetooth headset on a multiplayer game. I would love to see it come back, either as a PS4 or PS5 title. I feel it would do really well in this day in age where multiplayer games are bigger than ever.

Oct 27, 2017
Weird that Warhawk greatly outlived Starhawk. It was better though imo.

Twisted Metal was dead within the first two weeks because of all their server issues. Dropped it quick and didn't go back sadly.

Mr. Shakedown

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Not trying to be a snarky asshole, but I'm legitimately surprised that any of these were actually still up. TM and PS All-Stars in particular since neither of those games did particularly well. Warhawk had decent legs from what I remember, but I swear I read about it being shut down at least 5 years ago.

Oct 27, 2017
Not trying to be a snarky asshole, but I'm legitimately surprised that any of these were actually still up. TM and PS All-Stars in particular since neither of those games did particularly well. Warhawk had decent legs from what I remember, but I swear I read about it being shut down at least 5 years ago.

I hear you, I thought TM and All Stars would've lost support already considering Gravity Rush 2 did within like a year.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Weird that Warhawk greatly outlived Starhawk. It was better though imo.

Twisted Metal was dead within the first two weeks because of all their server issues. Dropped it quick and didn't go back sadly.

Shame the online never picked up for Twisted Metal but I played the hell out of single player, just because I'm a massive Twisted Metal fan and it was a mostly solid game, even if it wasn't the best in the series.

I'd love a new Twisted Metal game one day or maybe remasters or TM2, Black and Head-On.

Jul 26, 2018
What i'm disappointed is the fact that i'm about to buy my 2nd PS3 soon and always wanted to try out Warhawk and now it's shutting down.. same for Twisted Metal. Never get to play those games and PS3 disc drive was broken for years too.

What also makes me mad is how Sony is overall avoiding making MP games this gen since we have singleplayer games only. Wished that MAG 2, new Twisted Metal, or new warhawk games would've come this gen... same for PS home.

Oct 27, 2017
Shame the online never picked up for Twisted Metal but I played the hell out of single player, just because I'm a massive Twisted Metal fan and it was a mostly solid game, even if it wasn't the best in the series.

I'd love a new Twisted Metal game one day or maybe remasters or TM2, Black and Head-On.

The gameplay was quite fun indeed, I really didn't like how they modeled the campaign and multiplayer from a character standpoint, it seems like a minor gripe I guess because the vehicles are the real stars but without having unique characters behind them I felt the game was missing a lot of personality.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Warhawk and Twisted Metal FUCKKKKKK

Can't say enough how BOMB the Twisted Metal game was that gameplay was fucking incredible!

PSABR no interest in personally
The gameplay was quite fun indeed, I really didn't like how they modeled the campaign and multiplayer from a character standpoint, it seems like a minor gripe I guess because the vehicles are the real stars but without having unique characters behind them I felt the game was missing a lot of personality.
What pissed me off is everyone only talked about the campaign problems (agree it was a big change)

I assume it was due to budget, but it was still completely functional and you still got a noire story even if it had less characters

The Sweet Tooth as a psychopath murderer killing his family etc etc it was actually well done

Agree with the characters being few being a lesser part compared to TM black for example

However, it annoyed me soooo much how people did not talk about how the gameplay was remarkably good, like so much so it is the definitive car combat game and will be so for the foreseeable future unless a new Jaffe TM game comes out

Also the graphics are fucking bomb too!

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Yeah the gameplay was still solid (apart from the annoying races they added in) and the vehicles were still awesome.

It definitely hurt the game a little, losing most of the iconic characters and story for each of them. Thankfully they kept Sweet Tooth in, as he is still the best TM character. :)

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Possibly unpopular opinion: screw PSN name changes if it has to come at the expense of PS3 online.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, what? How is it an issue? These games are near dead and have little to no playerbase. Why would they keep them open?
Why not? The way Steam APIs work, the primary network handles every P2P game ever - wanna play Ricochet? You can, and not because it's special. Heck, even Wii's WFC was designed for this one way or another, it just stopped working because eventual owners of GameSpy had no stake in keeping the thing working altogether, unlike platform owners.

Warhawk is more complex of a case in that it requires dedicated servers of, apparently, extremely dedicated kind, so it is understandable if it actually takes resources. But there's still the obvious disadvantage of removing these servers: if one ever wants to see how it was to play this game, one is gonna have more problems than before.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This was a lot longer than most other Sony games.

In fact I'm pretty sure that Warhawk's spiritual sequel Starhawk lasted less than two years.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Warhawk and Twisted Metal FUCKKKKKK

Can't say enough how BOMB the Twisted Metal game was that gameplay was fucking incredible!

PSABR no interest in personallyWhat pissed me off is everyone only talked about the campaign problems (agree it was a big change)

I assume it was due to budget, but it was still completely functional and you still got a noire story even if it had less characters

The Sweet Tooth as a psychopath murderer killing his family etc etc it was actually well done

Agree with the characters being few being a lesser part compared to TM black for example

However, it annoyed me soooo much how people did not talk about how the gameplay was remarkably good, like so much so it is the definitive car combat game and will be so for the foreseeable future unless a new Jaffe TM game comes out

Also the graphics are fucking bomb too!
The trade off with the limited characters was the cinematics, which imo were pretty cool to watch. Obviously they didn't have the budget to produce them for every character, so we got what we got.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
The trade off with the limited characters was the cinematics, which imo were pretty cool to watch. Obviously they didn't have the budget to produce them for every character, so we got what we got.
Exactly man the way people treated TM PS3 was garbage hated that

It was still really, really well done too they way they did do it

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
This was a lot longer than most other Sony games.

In fact I'm pretty sure that Warhawk's spiritual sequel Starhawk lasted less than two years.

The online portion of Starhawk was only terminated about three months ago. It lasted over six years.

There have been some other Sony games that had their online services cut off much more quickly than that. Gravity Rush 2 for PS4 is a prime example.

Smelck

Oct 27, 2017
Rotorua, NZ
I'm not an online player, but Warhawk was distilled fun in the air and on the ground. Great maps, great community and well balanced....deserves a remaster.

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take some time to jump back into Warhawk and play some CTF. Fuck I love that game, I wish Sony releases a remaster on PS4.

Fixuis

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Warhawk. One of the best games ever made and sony not only doesnt give us a remaster or remake or a sequel on ps4 but is shutting down the original's ps3 server. For the naysayers, it is still super popular online specially on the weekends. The faithful have not deserted it. Crying shame.

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greatest multiplayer online game of all time dead :( why Sony :( I doubt they're remaking Warhawk and if they did they'd fuck it up like Starhawk.

Status
Not open for further replies.