Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
not just you. i straight up love this design.

6fcef4961df64f9ee98056e64dbe18a6d8f3acba.jpeg

make it a bit smaller with fewer face buttons and it will be the sexiest console ever made.

then again, i love the cube design of the series x so maybe im weird.
I do too.
It's so weird yet so beautiful.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Yes because they haven't released it yet which gives them time to improve on it.
So just wishful thinking I guess? We haven't seen their ray tracing implementation yet and nvidia has more than a year of RTX under their belt. I'll side with the guys who have proven themselves until proven otherwise. I like the optimism though.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't it Tom that said something like "MS wanted to surprise Sony...12tf"or something along those lines? I don't have the tweet here right now but it seemed Tom was pretty sure and it also is not too old.

I think the surprise comment was referring to the announcement of the Series X at TGA, but that's just me.

I don't think he's too sure about the 12TF anymore, or at least he doesn't want to confirm it at this moment, seeing that he specifically says "targeting >10TF".

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Did Phil change his pic to that today? If so it seems like there's a good chance he's talking about Xbox today.

Oct 27, 2017
One of the things announced for the 2020 LG TVs was a HGIG mode (from MS & Sony's "HDR Gaming Interest Group" thing last year). I'm really glad to see the fruits of that showing so soon and had increased my optimism that we'd see some kind of built in handling for different HDR standards/ metrics so everyone can get as good an experience as possible with as low friction as possible. Anything that makes it easier for people to get great image quality is a plus in my book.

I would be very surprised if both consoles didn't include this now and I guess I can cross that request off my list.

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017
So just wishful thinking I guess? We haven't seen their ray tracing implementation yet and nvidia has more than a year of RTX under their belt. I'll side with the guys who have proven themselves until proven otherwise. I like the optimism though.
Wishful thinking?
Do you have official info on how AMD's RT compares to nVidias?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
what is the die size of the chip based on the image? is that possible to calctulate?

Deleted member 61179

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
I have set my expectations at a 399$ ps5 console with the following specs:
36cu at 1800 mhz, 8,3 tf
3.0 ghz 8/16 cpu
12-16 gb gddr6, 448 gb/s
1tb ssd 2+ gb/s
Low tier rt

Why?
I think sony has huge plans with psvr2 which i already expect in 2021. They need a quick market penetration with ps5 for that.
I could see psvr2 at 399 with controllers and 499 as a wireless option.
Then there is always the ps5pro option later in 2023.
If they do 399 Sony will also be quicker coming down to 299$, which is the ultimate price point.
If sony goes 499$, great! Whatever the specs, day1 for sure...

I am curious if lockhart will also be released simultaneously with the xsx or later and how games will scale.
Would be interesting if we would see a holiday 2021 launch of lockhart and psvr2

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
I know nVidia's RT is a huge performance killer.

My thinking is if you release after the competition... you likely will improve the tech.
Well first you have to replicate the tech. That's a big step to take logically that they'll just be able to do what nvidia engineers have done, but better with no experience.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
If AMD are talking about RDNA2 and raytracing then likely MS confirms their Navi is either RDNA2 or using RDNA2 tech and ray tracing

I don't know if we'd have any more specific detail than that

KvotheStrife

May 29, 2018
I'd say it's due to heavy use. We bought 4 launch PS4, same store. My friends are fine to the day, mine sounded like a jet engine at around year 3.

Then I bought 2 Pros on nother store, same thing. My mate's is fine, mine very loud after 2.5y or so.
My PS4 got really loud on the 3rd year as well, changed the thermal paste and is really quite now.

Not sure if thats the solution for all PS4s tho.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Because theres lots of people in here stating we shouldn't use the Github info as final specs for the PS5? So I dont see how interpratating Komachis tweets without any context or substance helps us, its just like the Github info that were being told to forget, except we build our own narratives off of what we want the tweets to mean.

So now we can't speculate about a Komachi tweet? Give me a break lol

Status
Not open for further replies.