• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Ugh not this again...
Rockstar should just release some gameplay which shows some new features the game will bring.

Tired of this super controlled press impressions. Show me the game.

Borowski

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jun 24, 2018
All this secrecy from R* is becoming annoying, to say the least.

No one wants more chit-chat previews like the one IGN did back in May. People want real gameplay, for crying out loud

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Wouldn't they have a gameplay series, though?

Of course. We'll likely get a gameplay video within the next 2 weeks, maybe even next week since Take 2 has their quarterly conference call next Thursday and big RDR2 news and media always drops right around them. I'd wager the next set of previews appear with it too.

Incidentally the next treasure hunt for GTA Online is for the Tomahawk.
0y1cAcJ.jpg

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Amazon has the CE guide up. Comes in at 368 pages with the art section.

For comparison RDR's Game of the Year guide with Undead Nightmare and GTAV's LE guide was 448 pages with the respective art section. RDR standard guide was 340 pages.

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Heads up!

For anyone that may want the guidebook especially international user. The guide is up on Book Depository for just $35 (10% discount) with free shipping worldwide. Snag one while you can.

https://www.bookdepository.com/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Piggyback/9781911015543

Nice. I snagged one via Amazon for now but I was thinking about switching to GameStop since I have the Ultimate edition of the game preordered there and don't they usually offer a discount when you buy the game and guide together?

Less than 3 months to go! I wonder if next week will prove fruitful?

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon has the CE guide up. Comes in at 368 pages with the art section.

For comparison RDR's Game of the Year guide with Undead Nightmare and GTAV's LE guide was 448 pages with the respective art section. RDR standard guide was 340 pages.

RDR guide was also Brady Games which is a low quality guide. Piggyback is a whole different tier and worth the high price.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All this secrecy from R* is becoming annoying, to say the least.

Annoying perfectly sums up this entire release. The original is one of my favourite ever games, but the money-grabbing antics of Rockstar, in regard the multiple editions at launch, and their bizarre promotional campaign, has drained pretty much any excitement I had for this game.

How much money do they need?

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Annoying perfectly sums up this entire release. The original is one of my favourite ever games, but the money-grabbing antics of Rockstar, in regard the multiple editions at launch, and their bizarre promotional campaign, has drained pretty much any excitement I had for this game.

How much money do they need?

I agree. I think for the Collectors Edition, they went too far in terms of items. The Collector's Edition of GTA V had about 4 items and the game.

I think RDR 2 can do without some of the items (the puzzle for example).

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still gonna buy this but it's annoying how they have all the preorder BS ready way before they show some actual gameplay.

CattleCalypto

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
so there has been some new game info of the recent Hobby Consolas magazine., no new screens or anything but some additional info

-Arthur was adopted by Dutch when he was a kid, that's why he considers the gang as a family.

-After the failed robery in Blackwater, the gang is forced to escape from federal agents and bounty hunters across pressumanly three states.

-The gang feels like a real human group. We can form bonds with them.

-The honour level you have will have different consecuences in the game

-The map is the most complex and extense map Rockstar has ever made. The magazine literally says "vaster than Los Santos". It's the most detailed map they've ever made.

-If we forgive someone's life, he may give some help later in the game or try to kill us instead

-We can feed, brush or calm horses when they are scared

-After we kill someone it could randomly trigger a deathcam and slow motion sometimes

-If we don't shoot an animal in the head the meat/skin could be ruined

-Dynamic Soundtrack

-Heists are an essential part of the game

--The guy who wrote the article says that he thinks (in his opinion) we won't see gameplay footage atleast until the release week. (In my opinion we definitely will)

- Okay so this is interesting: Due to all the rockstar divisions working in this game, other properties like Max Payne, Midnight Club or even GTA are "currently stopped"

CattleCalypto

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
the thing about Dutch adopting Arthur

aren't they like similar age.. I mean Arthur has to be in his mid 30s, Dutch at this time is probably in his 40s

so i wonder if they are using "adoption" in a different meaning

latest

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
- Okay so this is interesting: Due to all the rockstar divisions working in this game, other properties like Max Payne, Midnight Club or even GTA are "currently stopped"

I feel like we could have already assumed this considering its already been said all of Rockstar is working on this single game, so it's most likely any other project is not in the works.

Everything else though, good stuff. Something like sparing someone's life leading to a consequence down the line was the kind of thing I always dreamed of being in Red Dead. Actual choices and consequences boyyyyyyyyy.

CattleCalypto

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
the whole gameplay being shown the release weak was just his "personal opinion" its a bogus opinion

gameplay will most likely be shown this month

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018

aren't they like similar age.. I mean Arthur has to be in his mid 30s, Dutch at this time is probably in his 40s

latest
could have joined him as a kid. Say Dutch was 11 and took Arthur under him and took care of him when he was like 5 or so

DeeDogg

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Florida

latest
Hes not adopted. Maybe arthur was a lost kid aged around 12-14 and dutch was like 19-20 and took him in to a pife of crime

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

latest

It's not really adopt as in adopting a child as a parent but more like taking care of your teenage brother when you're in your 20s

CattleCalypto

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
oh dang i just realized that were probably going to see Jack as a kid at the camp. Plus we will see John's daughter who eventually passed away

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017

Isn't that like way over a 1000 people ? how has this game take so long to release, while developing gta v they also released red dead redemption and max Payne 3. has gta online really hogged that much resources ?

CattleCalypto

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
Isn't that like way over a 1000 people ? how has this game take so long to release, while developing gta v they also released red dead redemption and max Payne 3. has gta online really hogged that much resources ?
well i believe RDR 2 has been in development for about 8 years now, 6 of those years was building a brand new A.I system.

and the first game they pooled all the Rockstar studios together

im sure there is a small team already working on the pre production of Bully 2 or GTA 6 or whatever their next game is, but in terms of active full-scale development...not now

CattleCalypto

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
just now, some generic corporate hype by Strauss in the take two earnings call, but its something

""RDR2 will Blow expectations out the water"

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

I think it's more of something along the lines of Dutch being 5'ish years or so older, so like when he was around 15 and he took Arthur under his wing and helped look after him from then on out or something similar.

So Arthur has known him most of his life and Dutch was basically like an older sibling and someone that always looked out for Arthur.

CattleCalypto

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
have you guys talked about the possibility of Arthur dying at the end of the game and a switch to John for end game stuff

do you think that is what is going to happen?

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
have you guys talked about the possibility of Arthur dying at the end of the game and a switch to John for end game stuff

do you think that is what is going to happen?

That makes sense as it would be similar to what they did in the end of Redemption. Still, if they did that, it would make little sense why Arthur was never name dropped in that game, given he would presumably be the catalyst that got John to turn away from the gang.

I kinda want them to hint that is where they are going, only to have Dutch become the new PC, after Arthur is killed/murdered (if he dies). Have it show Dutch losing it over the loss and be why he seems so unhinged in Redemption.

CattleCalypto

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
new tidbit from the earnings call

Strauss said he thinks Red Dead Online (and RDR2 in general) will shatter expectations and that R* doesn't want to be derivative when it comes to the influence GTAV is having on Red Dead.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
new tidbit from the earnings call

Strauss said he thinks Red Dead Online (and RDR2 in general) will shatter expectations and that R* doesn't want to be derivative when it comes to the influence GTAV is having on Red Dead.

Remember that is same person who claimed that GTA Online is not designed to push people to spend real money on it, people play it because it is just that good.

CattleCalypto

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
That makes sense as it would be similar to what they did in the end of Redemption. Still, if they did that, it would make little sense why Arthur was never name dropped in that game, given he would presumably be the catalyst that got John to turn away from the gang.

I kinda want them to hint that is where they are going, only to have Dutch become the new PC, after Arthur is killed/murdered (if he dies). Have it show Dutch losing it over the loss and be why he seems so unhinged in Redemption.
from what i remember about RDR 1, John doesn't really talk about the gang all that much. he mentions them only a few times when he is asked a direct question about it

my theory is Arthur will "betray" the gang in such a way that Dutch will never speak of him again

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
from what i remember about RDR 1, John doesn't really talk about the gang all that much. he mentions them only a few times when he is asked a direct question about it

my theory is Arthur will "betray" the gang in such a way that Dutch will never speak of him again

That makes sense too and would also explain why Dutch has such a severe attitude toward John for ditching the gang, associating him with being as bad as that last betrayal.