• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What is it with the world that makes everyone so obviously look the other way when Israel fucks over Palestinians? People are not only afraid to call it out, they're afraid to acknowledge it. What is the justification?
You know how many resolutions the UN took against Israel?
The world tried a lot of things, diplomatic measures, economic pressure, military support.

America does it best to shield Israel from any repercussion, and it has been very successful in that.
The problem is the US first and foremost here.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is it with the world that makes everyone so obviously look the other way when Israel fucks over Palestinians? People are not only afraid to call it out, they're afraid to acknowledge it. What is the justification?
The moment you try to criticize Israel you're called anti-Semitic. People have to walk on eggshells when talking about this shitty fucking fascist state

zeroOman

Oct 27, 2017
The type of things are only going to get worse, Congress allocated millions of dollars to "fighting disinformation online" and I have no idea what people think America does with that money, but to a large degree it is about purging anything we and our allies don't like from social media and internet in general.

If America stopped our unconditional support for Israel things will change pretty damn quick, I promise you.
But Americans don't care about this issue all that much, definitely not enough to push our politicians seriously on this.
Like we're in the process of criminalizing pro-Palestinian activism in the US, and people barely even care about that.
Yeah

it has been happening for years and it's getting worse to be honest.....

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

Man, the courage to talk to your oppressor like that.

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
I feel so helpless and want to cry every time I see or read anything related to my Palestinian brothers and sisters. And it's during the Holy Month and the last ten days.

The world does not care for them. They don't matter. Their lives don't matter.

I can only donate and pray. Their faith is strong. Their lives reminds us of the lives of the Bani Israel in the Quran.Oppressed and trampled upon and society does not care for them.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
A week ago they rejected Human Rights Watch's conclusion that Israel was committing crimes against humanity and apartheid so it's business as usual with America supporting genocide.
This nothing new regarding Israel and their crimes. As long I a can remember this is in the news and the US and most other western countries are not reacting or condemning those action.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I just saw that picture of that IDF trash bag putting his legs on a guy like that asshole who killed George Floyd did.. This shit is so frustrating.

Fuck everyone who thinks this is in anyway acceptable. And most of all, fuck social media for hiding them under "sensitive" blur. People need to be forced to see the kind of shit Israel is doing to people. They need to see the injustice head on.

God what a nightmare this is.

Considering US law enforcement regularly gets trained by the IDF and on the taxpayer dime, it's not too surprising. It's all just colonizers and rightwingers sharing tips and weapons with each other to better subjugate whatever "other" they're stepping on at the moment.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I will say it feels like this is the first time any politicians at all are talking about what is happening in Palestine. Mainstream ones that actually get attention like AOC, Warren, Cori Bush, etc. God willing the pressure continues to mount against Israels crimes against humanity and the US will no longer feel comfortable being their scapegoat.

It really is on the US here. Once the US drops the facade I'm certain Europe will have cover to follow.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
I will say it feels like this is the first time any politicians at all are talking about what is happening in Palestine. Mainstream ones that actually get attention like AOC, Warren, Cori Bush, etc. God willing the pressure continues to mount against Israels crimes against humanity and the US will no longer feel comfortable being their scapegoat.

It really is on the US here. Once the US drops the facade I'm certain Europe will have cover to follow.
I doubt this will get any traction strong enough or fast enough for anything relevant to happen.
Getting even the left most politicians is a struggle, actual international pressure feels like a multi generational goal that will come long after all Palestinians have been kicked out or killed.

The worst thing Isreal will ever get within the next 5 years is a slight finger wag and by then, the Palestinians homes are long gone, the dead will be buried and they will get neither back.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Israel is an illegitimate apartheid state in the middle of comitting genocide that only exists because it's backed by an incredibly strong and wealthy nation that views them as a useful foothold in an otherwise ambivalent to hostile region (plus all the insane Evangelicals that are in positions of power)

Jagernaut

Oct 27, 2017

Politics is run by money, especially in the U.S. There is no money in supporting Palestinian causes, but on the other side there are huge donors/organizations that will fund "pro-Israel" politicians. Any politician who speaks out against Israel will see their fundraising cut off and will be censured by their colleagues. See Ilhan Omar for example.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt this will get any traction strong enough or fast enough for anything relevant to happen.
Getting even the left most politicians is a struggle, actual international pressure feels like a multi generational goal that will come long after all Palestinians have been kicked out or killed.

The worst thing Isreal will ever get within the next 5 years is a slight finger wag and by then, the Palestinians homes are long gone, the dead will be buried and they will get neither back.

I was talking more long term, but yes, to be fair, that does not help the people who are being evicted from their homes as we speak...

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
A big reason why majority of Muslims supported Bernie, a Jewish presidential candidate is because of his stance on Israel and their treatment of the Palestinians. It was the chance that he could give dignity to their brothers and sisters.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Despite the situation seeming hopeless, I'm not saying we shouldn't try to push politicians into making a stand.

On the contrary, we should roast them over the coals for this, never forget and never forgive the slightest hesitation they make on this day and take it to your grave.

Grill them on this, shame them, never let it go.
Tomorrow, when they try to convince you they stand for something, remember this day.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Despite the situation seeming hopeless, I'm not saying we shouldn't try to push politicians into making a stand.

On the contrary, we should roast them over the coals for this, never forget and never forgive the slightest hesitation they make on this day and take it to your grave.

Grill them on this, shame them, never let it go.
Tomorrow, when they try to convince you they stand for something, remember this day.
Yeah but Biden just left a voicemail on some guys mums phone so it's all good.

/s

I hope his silence (because the statement his admin issued is beyond disgraceful) is remembered next time he says inshallah to hype up Muslims to vote for him. But who am I kidding?

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Given the foundation of the United States was built on the genocidal removal of people from their lands, of course they would have no problem funding more genocide to the tunes of $billions per year. And people here were actually surprised that more of the world distrusts United States more than China and Russia.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Yeah but Biden just left a voicemail on some guys mums phone so it's all good.

/s

I hope his silence (because the statement his admin issued is beyond disgraceful) is remembered next time he says inshallah to hype up Muslims to vote for him. But who am I kidding?
It kills me how people just forget how complicit these politicians are to genocide each time they do something mildly relatable.

Tax payer money is going to war crimes, people are being imprisoned and killed, families torn apart and homes stolen but people will forget on the first chance they get.

Sickening.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Biden calls out China for its treatment of Uyghurs. Meanwhile they fully support Israel and its treatment of Palestinians.

How can anyone take the US seriously?

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Biden calls out China for its treatment of Uyghurs. Meanwhile they fully support Israel and its treatment of Palestinians.

How can anyone take the US seriously?
The U.S. is not the only country that is thoroughly naked in its hypocrisy and silence when it comes to Israel and Palestine.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
User Banned (Permanent): Whataboutism around ethnic cleansing; prior severe bans for similar behavior.
This thread is filled with too much passive anti semitism and Nazi comperesens from people who don't have a single clue about what's going on. I think it's important to bring context to this story.

The story of Sheikh Jarrah is extremely complicated and involves the extreme of the extremes of the Israeli right wing, the worse kind of people like Itamar Ben Gvir. But this saga didn't started with Palestinians driven from their homes, it started with Jews driven from their home. 150 years ago when Sheikh Jarrah just formed, just a few years later, right next to it, a Jewish neighborhood was formed by some near by Jewish Kollels looking to have Jewish presents next to Tomb of Simeon, that neighborhood was called Nachalat Shimon. To be clear, this Kollels that built Nahalat Shimon aren't the extremists that own it now.

In 1947, during the 1947-8 war, the British kicked out all 100 Jewish families living in Nahalat Shimon. When the 1947-8 war was over, the the new owner of East Jerusalem, Sheikh Jarrah, and Nahalat Shimon was Jorden which seized control over the now empty Jewish homes. The Jordenin rented these Jewish homes to Palestinian refugee from the 1947-8 war for 1 dinar per month and all the Palestinian families leaving in these houses today are still in that status, renting their homes by paying 1 dinar a month to Jorden. To be clear, it's just these houses on an area of 4 acres, all of Sheikh Jarrah and the rest of Nahalat Shimon have nothing to do with this story.

In 1967, after the six day war, Israel had conquered East Jerusalem from the Jordanians and in it Sheikh Jarrah and Nahalat Shimon. At that point there are zero Jews in these neighborhoods, they were cleansed by Palestinian violence and the British in 1947. Then, in 2003, the owners of these 4 acres of land and homes, the original Kollels that bought the land and built Nahalat Shimon, sold the land and houses to a company from Delaware USA (it's from Delaware because in that state the source of funds can remain hidden. It's probably funded by right wing American Jews or Evangelicals, or both) which gave the land to right wing extremist organization.

Today, these houses and land are owned by right wing extremists, but the Palestinians living there are protected by Israeli tenant protection laws, they are still paying 1 dinar to Jorden for the house lease. So the right extremist take their time and slowelly, using legal detective work, waiting for one of the house tenants to make lease-breaking move (not paying the 1 dinar for a few years, building an illegal extension to the house, etc.), nullifying the contract. Then, using a lawsuit, evicting them from the house. That's why you see the Sheikh Jarrah story going on for almost 20 years, the right wing extremists are playing the long game. They already own the land and homes, and using the court they are evicting the houses one by one once a tenant fucks up somehow.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
This thread is filled with too much passive anti semitism and Nazi comperesens from people who don't have a single clue about what's going on. I think it's important to bring context to this story.

The story of Sheikh Jarrah is extremely complicated and involves the extreme of the extremes of the Israeli right wing, the worse kind of people like Itamar Ben Gvir. But this saga didn't started with Palestinians driven from their homes, it started with Jews driven from their home. 150 years ago when Sheikh Jarrah just formed, just a few years later, right next to it, a Jewish neighborhood was formed by some near by Jewish Kollels looking to have Jewish presents next to Tomb of Simeon, that neighborhood was called Nachalat Shimon. To be clear, this Kollels that built Nahalat Shimon aren't the extremists that own it now.

In 1947, during the 1947-8 war, the British kicked out all 100 Jewish families living in Nahalat Shimon. When the 1947-8 war was over, the the new owner of East Jerusalem, Sheikh Jarrah, and Nahalat Shimon was Jorden which seized control over the now empty Jewish homes. The Jordenin rented these Jewish homes to Palestinian refugee from the 1947-8 war for 1 dinar per month and all the Palestinian families leaving in these houses today are still in that status, renting their homes by paying 1 dinar a month to Jorden. To be clear, it's just these houses on an area of 4 acres, all of Sheikh Jarrah and the rest of Nahalat Shimon have nothing to do with this story.

In 1967, after the six day war, Israel had conquered East Jerusalem from the Jordanians and in it Sheikh Jarrah and Nahalat Shimon. At that point there are zero Jews in these neighborhoods, they were cleansed by Palestinian violence and the British in 1947. Then, in 2003, the owners of these 4 acres of land and homes, the original Kollels that bought the land and built Nahalat Shimon, sold the land and houses to a company from Delaware USA (it's from Delaware because in that state the source of funds can remain hidden. It's probably funded by right wing American Jews or Evangelicals, or both) which gave the land to right wing extremist organization.

Today, these houses and land are owned by right wing extremists, but the Palestinians living there are protected by Israeli tenant protection laws, they are still paying 1 dinar to Jorden for the house lease. So the right extremist take their time and slowelly, using legal detective work, waiting for one of the house tenants to make lease-breaking move (not paying the 1 dinar for a few years, building an illegal extension to the house, etc.), nullifying the contract. Then, using a lawsuit, evicting them from the house. That's why you see the Sheikh Jarrah story going on for almost 20 years, the right wing extremists are playing the long game. They already own the land and homes, and using the court they are evicting the houses one by one once a tenant fucks up somehow.
Of course they'll use Israeli kangaroo courts to get Palestinians out of their homes, do you think Palestinians have the same recourse Israelis have when it comes to homes that were owned by a group or another ages ago? Do you think Palestinian refugees have legal recourse with Israeli courts to come back to their ancestral lands and homes?
Again keep hiding behind accusations of antisemitism to shield Israel from any criticism.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Of course they'll use Israeli kangaroo courts to get Palestinians out of their homes, do you think Palestinians have the same recourse Israelis have when it comes to homes that were owned by a group or another ages ago? Do you think Palestinian refugees have legal recourse with Israeli courts to come back to their ancestral lands and homes?
Again keep hiding behind accusations of antisemitism to shield Israel from any criticism.
Oh look who turned up to defend Israel as always even when they are clearly at fault.

Sigh...
Sigh, why do I even bother..

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely. But some countries (France I think) have went as far as making boycotting illegal. Like how the fuck does that work? If I choose not to buy Israeli export in France, I'm committing a crime?

Also agreed, fuck Gal Gadot.
You probably mean the anti-BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement) laws in more or less every European country. Germany declared it is anti-semitic.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Yeah why do you? Even when Israel is provably in the wrong and horribly so, you'll regurgitate the official Israeli justification for the inhuman treatment of Palestinians with the express goal of getting rid of them.
You know why you bother.

Sometimes it is okay to understand that your country is doing vile shit.
I bother because this thread is a huge pile of demonization. I didn't even defend anyone, I just composed a context post for people to understand what's actually happening. Believe me, I hate Itamar Ben Gvir more than most people here because as an Israeli citizen I actually suffer from his supremacist and religious crap, it's actually affecting my day-to-day life.

I'm not trying to convince you that Bibi isn't a shit head, because he is, or that everything Israel does is just dandy, because it's not. I'm trying to provide contax, because when you demonize Israelis or Jews, stuff like that happens.

Oct 27, 2017
I bother because this thread is a huge pile of demonization. I didn't even defend anyone, I just composed a context post for people to understand what's actually happening. Believe me, I hate Itamar Ben Gvir more than most people here because as an Israeli citizen I actually suffer from his supremacist and religious crap, it's actually affecting my day-to-day life.
Demonization?

The state of Israel and their enablers are demons. Doing all the shit they do and being happy about it doesn't make them worthy of defense like you are trying to do.

It sucks for the Israeli people who do hate them and are trying to fix things but that doesn't mean we can't talk shit about the people who are making this happen.

Take the L and move on because you were clearly trying to defend them. It also sucks that you tried to turn this into anti semetism issue when it is clearly not.

Oct 28, 2017

I'm not trying to convince you that Bibi isn't a shit head, because he is, or that everything Israel does is just dandy, because it's not. I'm trying to provide contax, because when you demonize Israelis or Jews, stuff like that happens.
Talking shit about the Israeli state is not demonising Israelis stop it with that BS. You know who else's day to day life is impacted by Israel's political spectrum spanning supremacy? Your neighbours(and might as well be countrymen and women) the Palestinians.
And no you can't use what happened to my fellow French person Sarah Halimi to shield Israel from legitimate criticism for being a fucking 3 tier state for the people living there.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Demonization?

The state of Israel and their enablers are demons. Doing all the shit they do and being happy about it doesn't make them worthy of defense like you are trying to do.

It sucks for the Israeli people who do hate them and are trying to fix things but that doesn't mean we can't talk shit about the people who are making this happen.

Take the L and move on because you were clearly trying to defend them. It also sucks that you tried to turn this into anti semetism issue when it is clearly not.
When you take one of the worlds most complicated 18 years long legal fights involving Jewish war refugees, Palestinian war refugees, an insane right wing extremist group, terrorist organization Hamas fueled riots, two holly sites, one Jewish and one Muslim just 400 yards of each other, and you get a story so complicated that most Israelis or Palestinians don't fully understand.

To take that and convert it to a superficial "Israelis are Nazis" hate speech is appalling to me, especially considering 50% of my family was murdered by the Nazies. Not enough people got banned IMO, this official staff banner is important, but you still see it all over this thread. To see an 18-year-long legal clusterfuck being compared to millions of people lead into gas chambers is really disheartening. And you even see people complaining about the moderator's rules.

Israel is turning a blind eye to this whole situation, I find it wrong. IMO the Israeli government should get involved in this situation and keep those extremist organizations in check, not just leave it to court because it's not just another real estate dispute. Israeli politicians fined it easier to just ignore the situation and you can't turn a blind eye to what's going on, the entire city is in flames.

Oct 28, 2017
When you take one of the worlds most complicated 18 years long legal fights involving Jewish war refugees, Palestinian war refugees, an insane right wing extremist group, terrorist organization Hamas fueled riots, two holly sites, one Jewish and one Muslim just 400 yards of each other, and you get a story so complicated that most Israelis or Palestinians don't fully understand.

To take that and convert it to a superficial "Israelis are Nazis" hate speech is appalling to me, especially considering 50% of my family was murdered by the Nazies. Not enough people got banned IMO, this official staff banner is important, but you still see it all over this thread. To see an 18-year-long legal clusterfuck being compared to millions of people belead to gas chambers is really disheartening. And you even see people complaining about the moderator's rules.

Israel is turning a blind eye to this whole situation, I find it wrong. IMO the Israeli government should get involved in this situation and keep those extremist organizations in check, not just leave it to court because it's not just another real estate dispute. Israeli politicians fined it easier to just ignore the situation and you can't turn a blind eye to what's going on, the entire city is in flames.
The entire Israeli Palestinian conflict is a massive real estate dispute what in the last 70 years of history makes you think you can pretend Israeli courts will treat Palestinians fairly?
You want people banned because you can't deal with people being appalled by your country's treatment of its underclass? You're mad at the wrong people mate.

sumo

Oct 30, 2017
The story of Sheikh Jarrah is extremely complicated and involves the extreme of the extremes of the Israeli right wing, the worse kind of people like Itamar Ben Gvir. But this saga didn't started with Palestinians driven from their homes, it started with Jews driven from their home. 150 years ago when Sheikh Jarrah just formed, just a few years later, right next to it, a Jewish neighborhood was formed by some near by Jewish Kollels looking to have Jewish prese

So these people who follow a different religion have a claim to kick some other people out of houses they have owned for generations because some ancestors used to live there? Give over.

Oct 27, 2017

To take that and convert it to a superficial "Israelis are Nazis" hate speech is appalling to me, especially considering 50% of my family was murdered by the Nazies. Not enough people got banned IMO, this official staff banner is important, but you still see it all over this thread. To see an 18-year-long legal clusterfuck being compared to millions of people lead into gas chambers is really disheartening. And you even see people complaining about the moderator's rules.

You know full well it is not as complicated as you say it is. Fact is the Israeli government knows what it is doing and doesn't care about fairness. Shame on you for trying to defend them and to tie it with anti semetism when it is not.

You know why there are protest going around? It is because your government is throwing tear gas at people going to pray at the al aqsa mosque and letting settlers go around taunting and attacking people. Not to mention actually stealing people's houses and being defended by the IDF. People are angry and for a good reason. It is not complicated. You are refusing to see what you don't want to see and I pray one day you wake up and understand this. There is plenty of proof out there.

The mods know what they are doing and if they see someone actually doing something against the rules they will put an end to that. This was proven countless times in these threads.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
This thread is filled with too much passive anti semitism
Criticising and hating Israel, an apartheid state, is not anti-semitism so don't even try to use that BS to try and stop people from voicing their opinions on Israel. It's disgusting and you should really be ashamed of yourself.
when you demonize Israelis or Jews, stuff like that happens.
When you demonize Palestinians or Muslims, stuff like this happens.
IMO the Israeli government should get involved in this situation and keep those extremist organizations in check
The Israeli government is involved and is behaving no different from any extremist organisation. Their actions literally fit the definition of terrorism. The only difference being that it's state-sanctioned.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine both sidesing an apartheid state and saying "it's complex".

All the cards are strictly in one party's hands. That's why it's an issue.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Oh great, the usual genocide defender is here.
Gotta protect those war criminals from critis-I mean "anti semitism"!