SNES Mini Classic Hacking | More games, more borders, more gooder.

Which is the better SNES game?

• Alien 3

Votes: 58 62.4%
  • Beavis and Butt-head

Votes: 35 37.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Robin64
Oct 25, 2017
England
Thx Robin for the awesome guide... Trying to add some missing games next week...

BTW, Top Gear 3000 still doesn't work in the Classic?
Sadly not. I imagine Canoe doesn't support the DSP-4 no matter what Preset IDs we try. Mario Kart's, which has an earlier DSP, gets further than anything else but still crashes.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I managed to make Terranigma work decently with the ivarr87 patch.
Down below in his reddit post he links a second fix, made to work with a headered rom.
What must be done is :
- Apply a header
- Apply ntsc patch
- Apply his Canoe fix #2 (posted in the same thread)
I didn't apply the 8x16 patch because I don't really like, it seems to work anyway.
If it doesn't work then make sure your game dump is the same as what he links in his thread, a different file may give you either a black screen followed by a c7 error or distorted glitchy sounds (usually happens with an unheadered rom and his Canoe fix#1)

The game seems to run and sound fine, maybe not perfectly but far from the glitchy mess it was on my first try.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I want to try and decompile the lua scripts to see if I can tweak some UI stuff. I wonder if it is possible to then recompile and overmount.

Oct 25, 2017
Hackchi is a must for this thing for the reset feature alone. Having to reset using the console button was a terrible idea.

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
Former lurker here, I just wanna say thanks for all the resource you guys provided at NG. That threat (& this one) are invaluable.

P.S.
If any of you guys have never played Front Mission: Gun Hazard, your really missing out! It's my favorite SNES game ever, the music is top-notch too.

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
Even if GAF returns to normal, this thread was full of really good information that needed to be in multiple places. Still not modding my SNES until the bug is fixed.

Oct 25, 2017
Robin, I’m really thankful you made the jump over here. Such a fantastic guide (also, we need to get all the WoW peeps over here).

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
Yeeeeesssss! I just got my snes classic yesterday from LowRoller (I hope they made it over here or will be soon) and I'm definitely wanting to add a bunch more hidden gems.

Oct 25, 2017
Really stoked this thread is back. I still haven't done any of the things I wanted to with my SNES Classic but your thread was always really interesting to read.

Oct 25, 2017
Omg, people getting Terranigma to work in Canoe! Was holding out hope for that one because I didn't wanna bother with Retroarch.

Also hi Robin!

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all. Just came back from Thor: Raknarok, its late and i need to wake up early tomorrow. lol
Goingo to update this post with my borders tomorrow. See you soon.

Download from Google Drive folder

14_snesred and 15_snesbox

16_snesus and 17_mariorpg

18_kirbysnes and 19_samus

20_streetfighter and 21_pizzatime

22_sraiders and 23_ki

24_zeal and 25_mk

26_npower and 27_pil

28_mmjb and 29_mmsk
Video wih backgrounds in action:

- Original Art MarioRPG.
- Original Art for Turtles in Time.

Custom Snes US BoxArts by Request: said:

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad to see this thread again! I'm definitely going to take a look into SNES Mini hacking. I was at a Retro Game Expo on Sunday and I saw a ton of SNES games worth playing so this will be the perfect way to try them out.

Oct 25, 2017
Thx for the guide. I'm gonna finally have a look at modding later this weekend when I'm hungover after Halloween parties and don't want to leave this house.

Oct 25, 2017
I know Aeana said that Tengai Makyou Zero might be working now. Has anyone gotten it to work? If so, can you link me to instructions?

OP
OP
Robin64
Oct 25, 2017
England
I may have jumped the gun and not correctly applied the NTSC patch to Terranigma in my haste to test it out, which would account for audio issues. I'll be sure to test it more thoroughly when I get home from work.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wow, thanks for moving the thread to Era! It was my favorite thread these days. Also thanks for posting all these good boxarts!
I will try to get Illusion of Gaia to run at the weekend. I'm not sure yet what to do with that .ips file, anyone can please exlpain it?

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else had problems with the Mario All-Star brick fix patch?

Every time I try it, the moment big Mario breaks a brick block the game crashes.