• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If TLoU 2 is really this year I wonder when? Maybe we are about to see a Gears 5 X TLoU2 battle this year.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
It's okay, TLOU is much more than a zombie anything. And seeing that list above, there's a lot of diversity among any of these games. A superficial coincidence won't hide how differently they play, look and feel.

Oct 25, 2017
It's okay, TLOU is much more than a zombie anything. And seeing that list above, there's a lot of diversity among any of these games. A superficial coincidence won't hide how differently they play, look and feel.
Yup. If TLOU2 is done and a good release slot is found, Sony will release it. It's one of the most anticipated games ever on a PlayStation platform. It's gonna be more than fine no matter how many zombie games are released.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
https://www.gamesradar.com/how-uncharted-4-mocap-ends-2/

lXyOPJE.png

eaZrOLj.png
Reading that article actually doesn't fill me with confidence. I was under the impression that UC4 finished mo-cap in Feb 2016, but it seems like the finished in November 2015 and they were just doing minor reshoots with development staff standing in rather than actors.

With this latest post Laura Bailey is just finishing her mo-cap and she's a major character, it's not a simple reshoot with the head of animation trying to get some smoother shots or something.

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
Just read Star Wars Fallen Order release is November 15th.
Has Sony still exclusive marketing rights?
And could the Star Wars game give Sony a push to push TLOU P2 (if it is in a tight crunch time window) into next year.

But I hope a beginning of October 2019 release would be a nice spot to land.

Jan 20, 2019
And could the Star Wars game give Sony a push to push TLOU P2 (if it is in a tight crunch time window) into next year.

The problem with release next year is 3 triple AAA titles plus all of the japanese games and Nioh 2.

That is to many games to fit, they need to release one of those AAA titlw this year.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

TLOU2 should be a June game like TLOU.
Releasing big AAA games in the holiday season is a big gamble.

We already have Borderlands 3 and Fallen Order as major AAA games in Q3-Q4 add the usual sports titles and COD.
Won't be surprised if Ubisoft, Warner Bros or Bethesda are releasing their AAA games in late 2019, Watch_Dogs 3, DOOM Eternal and something DC from Rocksteady or WB Montreal. if TLOU2 is indeed coming late 2019, well, i think September is a perfect month, October-December is packed.

Oct 25, 2017
Well GOTY 2019 is decided folks and it isn't even going to be close.

And if you're wrong Benji and Aokiji my heart won't forgive you lol.
It would have been an interesting GotY discussion for 2019 because I don't think there is a head and shoulders GotY so far. DMCV, RE2, and Sekiro could take it. Gears 5 drops at the end of the year too.

TLoU II coming though? Everybody go home.

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
Uh, if it's indeed a 2019 title, i think September is the best month.

Watch CDPR releasing Cyberpunk 2077 in 2019 as well :D

Release on 26. September/Outbreak Day for TLOU P2?

Cyberpunk would be a deam this year too, but somehow it feels like CDPR needs some more time and release in 2020, crossgen.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
This stuff is so silly.
Can't wait to ride my motorbike and take on a massive Horde in the open world of TLOUP2... Oh wait.
Lol I'm sure the comparisons are welcomed by Bend and they look forward to a friendly competition between WWS. Sure they are targeting different gameplay elements, but Bend is trying to tell a gripping story in a zombie world just like ND. It's apt and fun to compare and contrast the games, and I'm really interested in seeing Bend's writing myself.

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
It would have been an interesting GotY discussion for 2019 because I don't think there is a head and shoulders GotY so far. DMCV, RE2, and Sekiro could take it. Gears 5 drops at the end of the year too.

TLoU II coming though? Everybody go home.
It's gonna be a good year for Naughty Dog. 2013 TLoU scooped the GotY awards even though it was packed year (Bioshock, Mario, GTA, Zelda etc.). This can't be said for 2019. I know there are people who are nuts for RE2, Sekiro and DMCV but I have hard time imagining that these would actually prove to be real contender for TLoU II.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
I stood there for a good 20 minutes without touching the controller.

Wonder if TLOU2 will have a similar moment.
When the game was first announced, Neil was asked about upping the big moments. Specifically they opening, the giraffe scene, and David. And he said that they know how beloved those scenes are but it would get them into trouble to try and make similar moments. So they say just write the best story for Part II and hope that people react the same way to these new moments. And I absolutely love that approach.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Why do people think aokiji is some kind of insider? Is it because he guessed GOW was coming out in April? I don't blame him since I don't think he's ever said he is but all it takes is a quick look through is past posts to see that a lot his "insider info" are just opinions/predictions that he gets wrong more often than not.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people think aokiji is some kind of insider? Is it because he guessed GOW was coming out in April? I don't blame him since I don't think he's ever said he is but all it takes is a quick look through is past posts to see that a lot his "insider info" are just opinions/predictions that he gets wrong more often than not.
I think people know he is not, however, it's not great towards people who don't. So I'd like him to stop.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I think people know he is not, however, it's not great towards people who don't. So I'd like him to stop.
Kinda goes back to a comment I made a few days ago in another thread. Leakers/insiders are being more playfully vague/obtuse these days so it's hard to decipher where opinion ends and insider knowledge starts. And it leads to others adopting this posting style and stringing people along.

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
I've now spoken with around 20-25 people regarding days gone installs

Now I've started getting to North America

With the exception for some reason of 3 people , everyone else including na stated a 67gb install

It's looking very likely sony is about to force a 27gb download to play from the physical version, which like I said if this is the case pack it up

Oct 25, 2017

With the exception for some reason of 3 people , everyone else including na stated a 67gb install

It's looking very likely sony is about to force a 27gb download to play from the physical version, which like I said if this is the case pack it up
Pack it up?

DG flop confirmed?

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You have been at this for days. Decompression is a thing.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
There's just so much fire for tlou2 not to release in 2019. May trailer with Sep. 2019 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.