• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Other than the inevitable Splatoon 4, what do you wanna see Splatoon do next?

• Spinoff like a turn based strategy game or musou

Votes: 164 17.3%
  • Spinoff like a grand scale single player only game similar to Mario Odyssey or Mario Galaxy

Votes: 630 66.5%
  • Collaborations (Splatoon X whatever franchise)

Votes: 154 16.2%

• Total voters

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
okay really funny that marina and pearl don't give a shit about the theme (i'm guessing because this will be their only holiday fest outfit recycled for reruns)
This is one of their concept art outfits, so we'll see what happens next.
GKZ07sOXQAAbI1R

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I

Hate

Salmon Run's

Matchmaking

Oh, uh, and the Springfest stuff is available for download

Last edited:

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Am I wrong or was it datamined at some point that there will be a summer fest? That would be able to make the final fest hit exactly the 2 year anniversary of S3. If Final Fest was in June though, it could be at the 10 year anniversary of the reveal of the first game.

seeds

Jun 25, 2019
Am I wrong or was it datamined at some point that there will be a summer fest? That would be able to make the final fest hit exactly the 2 year anniversary of S3. If Final Fest was in June though, it could be at the 10 year anniversary of the reveal of the first game.

Looking back at datamining posts, there were two special Splatfest types ("sweet" and "dumpling") that still haven't been used. One of those is Spring Fest, and it's unknown what the other is. It could be for the Final Fest or it could be for something else (or scrapped, maybe)

I don't expect the final fest to happen this summer. I think the earliest is the 2 year anniversary, but given that it was recently datamined that four new/unreleased main weapons exist in the code, it's possible they're extending things and it'll happen either next winter or later

I am pretty curious what those two extra weapons could be. Maybe just a fourth Splatana and Stringer but it could be something weirder. I guess we might learn more when the midseason patch hits, if they leave any extra data

Also curious whether we see anything announced at Worlds next weekend. They were definitely going to announce the Side Order release date there before the event had to be delayed, so I'm not sure if they have anything prepared. It honestly might be too early to say anything but maybe they'll tease third kits or something

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I need to make more angry tweets about Salmon Run's scale drop rate. I complain about getting 11 bronze during a HLM, next two king fights give me 9 silvers and 2 golds put together

I hope with Side Order finished, the dev team can focus on fixing and balancing weapon kits, especially if we get third kits. We have more weapon kits and specials than any other game and yet so many of them are benched due to how inconsistent they are or how overpowered the current meta monsters are

Well, I tried to boot up Splatoon 1 for the final weekend, but I modded my Wii U years ago for custom music in Smash Bros, DS emulator, and Wii mods, and I guess at some point this has bricked my Wii U. Last time I tried using it was years ago during Smash Ultimate, I wanted to open Smash Bros 4 to see if I was crazy about it being more responsive (and I was right). I still remember the really fun Splatfests like Autobots VS Decepticons and Pirates VS Ninjas. I wish I could've played one last time to use my Zink Mini with a functional Bubbler but watching the streams of people playing Splat 1 again and uh....I'm remembering why we don't talk about Spat 1's balance lol. But it was still an amazing time. I still remember the first Test Fire and all the memes about how "overpowered" rollers were. We were so young back then

I think it'd be a really sweet touch if when the servers are shut down and we're kicked back to the square to listen to the newscast one last time, Callie and Marie give some kind of farewell comment

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so bummed out about Splatoon 1 reaching end-of-service. I remember posting about it a bunch at The Old Place and following all early coverage and Tesfires. I even used to play Turf with a bunch of the old school regulars on that site (like Sendou was around back then).

I loved playing to original Slosher in that game (with the Burst Bomb) and played a bunch of Dual Squelcher, Custom Jet Squelcher, and .96 Gal Deco. Loved playing the long-ranged shooters in that game, they felt so chunky and good in those maps.

Man, I really should go play a few maps later today while I still have some time this weekend.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I think the idea that Side Order's staff would go back to focusing on balance adjustments once the DLC was completed is...frankly, a pipe dream. Honestly I still think third kits are a pipe dream too, unless Nintendo's next system is still planning not to see the light of day until the second half of next year. I don't know that it would be considered a great use of resources to put the DLC team back into balancing the main game for the one stated season we have left, or even in the event of an extension that might put us at, what, 3 more seasons maybe? I think it's far more likely that whoever's been managing the balance updates will just stick to that until it's done, while the bulk of the crew is shifted to working on whatever they're surely already cooking up for a Switch 2 title, whether that's Splatoon 4, a new Animal Crossing, or something else entirely. Given the hit rate for both Splat and AC, Nintendo's going to want Nogami's touch on some sort of title for the new system as early as possible.

The pacing of the content updates has been very deliberate since the beginning. Now that doesn't mean much when it comes to the actual game balance, which they have certainly been more conservative with than most people would like...but that's a matter of the people already handling the balance, throwing more people at that doesn't necessarily mean more would be changed. Unless the proposal was to replace the balance group wholesale and have them start working on a new game instead, which...I don't think I would prefer at this point.

Barrakketh

Sep 1, 2020
Woo, got my second EVP 999 in freelance. And only earned 20 silver scales and 3 gold in the process.

I'm not sure what the average team ranking is for HLM but I only saw consistent HLM shifts once I hit EVP 950.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Got the last goopsuit finally. I just need 30 silvers to buy two gear pieces and then silver scales become worthless

Edit: Dude's already gotten Splatoon 1 running again lol

Last edited:

DumbNameD

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo JP Splatoon 3 World Championship 2024 website (in Japanese)

Splatoon 3 World Championship 2024 (along with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe World Championship 2024) is this weekend. Apparently, it's been almost five years since the last official Splatoon World Championship. This time, six regional teams (JP, NA, EU, AU/NZ, KOR, & HK/TW) will compete, in-person, for the crown in Tokyo, Japan. Live streams with English commentary should be available on the Nintendo of America youtube channel; there's usually also a twitch stream.

The NintendoJP youtube channel already has the upcoming live streams listed under the 'Live' tab, and the scheduled times should be your local time (provided you're not using a VPN or something else).

Day 1: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Online Challenge Final Stage (Apr 12, 2024 at 11:00 PM)
Day 1: Splatoon 3 World Championship (Apr 13, 2024 at 1:00 AM)

Day 2: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe World Championship (Apr 13, 2024 at 10:00 PM)
Day 2: Splatoon 3 World Championship (Apr 14, 2024 at 1:00 AM)

Splatoon 3, Day 1 will be Turf War only in a round-robin (Best-of-3) format to determine seedings for Day 2.
Splatoon 3, Day 2 will incorporate the other PVP modes and will be single-elimination (Best-of-5) sets of matches, until the finals which will move to a (Best-of-7) winner-takes-all set.

Nintendo JP preview/hype video (in Japanese), featuring the competing teams:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQoK_P4cRqE

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Splatfest voting is open and very depressing lore drops.... In Splatoon world, bunnies and bears are both extinct which, I mean.... makes sense but....dang

Wait, that means dogs and non-Judd cats are too!? Get me out of this timeline!

Going bunnies because bears are godless monsters and chicks would always nip my fingers when I would try petting them at the zoo. And Frye needs a win after so long. That sky blue ink looks so good though....

But how can you say no to this face?

watership-down-still.jpg

Last edited:

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
Splatfest voting is open and very depressing lore drops.... In Splatoon world, bunnies and bears are both extinct which, I mean.... makes sense but....dang

Wait, that means dogs and non-Judd cats are too!? Get me out of this timeline!

Going bunnies because bears are godless monsters and chicks would always nip my fingers when I would try petting them at the zoo. And Frye needs a win after so long. That sky blue ink looks so good though....

But how can you say no to this face?

watership-down-still.jpg
I mean, "mammals are gone" was very much the whole moving force of Splatoon 3's story :p Plus it's been mentioned before in auxiliary material, at the very least.

Gonna be repping bunnies too, excited to see the new outfits in action even if they're not as elaborate for Deep Cut and the Squid Sisters.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Massive congratulations to Jackpot for toppling Japan in a convincing 4-1 victory at Worlds! Also major props to Kaizer for almost knocking them out of the tourney the round before and forcing them to reverse-sweep. Some truly insane games throughout.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The commemorative banner featuring Jackpot's inklings will be available via the Switch News page, like how we download Springfest gear. Should be added sometime this week, probably alongside the likely balance patch this week

It'd be really stellar if someone would tell the Salmon Run person that they don't have to add the Flingza on every other rotation. There are other weapons in the game. Quite a lot in fact. We really don't need the Flingza two times a week. Especially when its regular swings paint so little and deal so little damage

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
The commemorative banner featuring Jackpot's inklings will be available via the Switch News page, like how we download Springfest gear. Should be added sometime this week, probably alongside the likely balance patch this week

It'd be really stellar if someone would tell the Salmon Run person that they don't have to add the Flingza on every other rotation. There are other weapons in the game. Quite a lot in fact. We really don't need the Flingza two times a week. Especially when its regular swings paint so little and deal so little damage
This week feels pretty short notice for the banner - while it is only an image that needs to be done, I'd imagine that they'll want to still check in with the team on their choice of gear for the banner, determine the poses for the render, get a backdrop done, and get it approved by the team. Even if it's just the sample they showed but with the characters replaced, I think it'd be pretty short notice to add it to an update coming out later this week, what with certification also taking some time. My expected timeline is that it'll be added for Sizzle Season, but who knows.

In any case, that banner is an insanely cool reward!

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
This week feels pretty short notice for the banner - while it is only an image that needs to be done, I'd imagine that they'll want to still check in with the team on their choice of gear for the banner, determine the poses for the render, get a backdrop done, and get it approved by the team. Even if it's just the sample they showed but with the characters replaced, I think it'd be pretty short notice to add it to an update coming out later this week, what with certification also taking some time. My expected timeline is that it'll be added for Sizzle Season, but who knows.

In any case, that banner is an insanely cool reward!
It's possible they prepped all 6 possible banners in advance, in which case they could deploy it swiftly. We'll see!

seeds

Jun 25, 2019
They just announced that Undertow is being reworked. It's releasing on Wednesday night with the midseason patch

Undertow is a good choice, but we're really overdue for reworks to Scorch and especially Eeltail

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy to have any one of them that rolls over all the normal baddies. So any but the Carbon Roller.

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany

View: https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1779706343584419939?t=89pXbTfQxGZa94RvAYso8A&s=19

laughing at the center square that looks like another pole and once again making expanded side areas that don't actually go anywhere but just make spawn a bit bigger

Fwiw I checked the Mincemeat rework and that map's added pole was highlighted via a circled area. So it's possible that whatever's in the middle might be actual terrain (making it actually useful as cover), perhaps even climbable such that you can get onto glass from mid.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Being able to actually access the enemy glass from mid would be big. Otherwise this looks like the least impactful "rework" of any stage ever (the quotes mostly because I'm not counting the minor changes from the Pole Update as proper reworks). The main addition just being a wider left side of spawn provides no actual value to anything other than giving someone playing turf war a little more busywork before coming down to actually join the fight.

Baffling to me that doing this is somehow a priority over fixing the likes of Scorch Gorge's atrocious turf war setup.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
There's been a lot of times on that stage where a team has center stage control and they can basically stop the enemy from approaching from the left of their spawn by chugging bombs up there (most relevant in splat zones). Widening the area up there should allow the attacking team to have an easier time approaching from that direction since getting around bombs will be more manageable, and they'll be a bit closer to center stage after dodging a bomb in the new layout. I can't tell what's with the other changes without actually seeing them, though.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Nintendo Support: How to Update Splatoon 3

HOLY SHIT! YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT!

THEY DIDN'T NERF ZOOKA OR COOLER AGAIN!! WOWIE WOW WOW!!!

Time for another three months of terrible players getting carried by that garbage panic button. The thing that really twists my nuts about these patches is the inconsistency of them. Ink Jet gets a buff to increase the blast size of its 50 damage shot; gets nerfed the very next mid-season patch. Ultra Stamp gets a buff to make the hitbox actually match the hammer and make it easier to see with it; gets nerfed THE VERY NEXT PATCH at the next season start. Barely two months. No matter how I felt about either nerf being needed, nerfs at least happened. Zooka gets its 20 damage buff and reduced the interval between shots (it was in one of the bug fixes) in July and dominates the scene uncontested. What do we get in the patches for it? Crickets. Oh sorry, 7 damage reduction of the splash radius that's the size of a planet 9_9

On the bright side, this patch was 95% buffs so plenty to be happy for, my loathing of Zooka spam aside

Three of my weapons got pretty solid buffs. Sploosh gets bigger hitbox on shots, Splattershot Pro gets more damage, Nova gets better accuracy

Big Bubbler finally got a buff but it's literally the one thing I didn't want them to do and that is increase the durability, of the beakon and satellite pieces at least. This mainly just hurts short range weapons as they'll have an even harder time contesting it when they were basically the only weapons that Bubbler was solid against. I'm curious how much this will help it VS long range but I see 22% and it may just amount to being able to tank 4 more shots in the end. I'll take any buff I can get but I swear to you, faster activation would have helped exponentially more in versitility and reliability.

Splashdown got some interesting changes. It activates 10 frames faster but the splash radius got shrunk. I keep seeing my lemming teammates die in trios already to an obvious splashdown from a dualie user just running full steam at them, so I thought it was fine as is. I mean, good for my gold Naut. It was already pretty solid so this just makes things better

Thank goodness they fixed the Kraken cheese strat on Clam Blitz. It's always so strange to me how slow the devs are when it comes to realizing the scumbag strategies players will use if you let them. And they know this already with Splat 2's baller... Better late than never I guess. I would say "if only they would do something about Reefslider and zones", but Reefslider is so terrible as is, I'm like "Let them have SOMETHING"

Uh, holy shit at some of the special point changes. Another 170 point and the insane 160! I can't even remember what weapons in the series history went that low. I think a Splat 2 brush? Still, that's nuts.* I continue to laugh my ass off at E-liter custom with Kraken needs 200 points for special but vanilla E-liter with Wave Breaker needs 210 XD

I am very surprised at lack of buffs for Recycle Brella. That thing VANISHED a week into the season and I don't blame people for dropping it. It has terrible painting with the regular shots and might be the worst weapon for painting a wall, the hitbox of the shots does not match the target frame at all so you need amazingly good aim to get the 90 damage, Angle Shooter continues to be needlessly awkward to aim and is Recycle's only way to paint a wall, and it has Big Bubbler. Yes, Bubbler got buffed so that's something, I guess. But as is, considering the amount of skill you would need to manuever around with it and fight and WIN with it, you might as well use a blaster that rewards high accuracy with instant kills and splash radius to hit around terrain. There is a bug fix for it listed so maybe that will help. I did feel like I was killed a lot while using it even though the shield was open

Awwwww, they fixed the Bone Rattle thing where during Tornado, players could hop on rails to make the eggs go flying all the way to the basket. I don't know why when it's super hard to do and we found out that, honestly, it was way slower and riskier to do that as opposed to just throwing the eggs as usual. But the swag, tho......

Next season sounds scary because the X rank players that are within the top 1000 ranks are going to be returned to S+0, so the start of the season is going to have even more killers. Or maybe I want to join and it'll be more likely they'll be on my team?

Still pissed off about Zooka and Cooler meta continuing for another three months at least but pretty good patch all around with almost nothing but buffs and the only real nerf is to stop a mode breaking strategy. Unfortunately the buffs aren't really going to move the needle much when they're squared up against screen sized instant death blasts at rapid fire or an army of immortal soda zombies. But if we can just goddamn nerf these two goddamn things, I think we'll go back to having a pretty goddamn good game again

*Nevermind, I was very wrong on this! lol A few weapons went down to 160 but the lowest ever was some 150s in Splat 2 to an Undercover and a Brush. Unfortunately they both were for Splashdown, so they never took off for obvious reasons

Last edited:

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
As expected for Splatoon 3 patches by now, I'm not particularly impressed, though there is one silver lining.

At last, Nova catches an actually relevant buff for itself, reduced shot spread by 8% so it can maybe hit at least a little more consistently now. That is very welcome.
Painbrush (and maybe H-3?) gets the S3 classic "give the weapon a buff but not in any practically-relevant way so it's still useless" approach. Improving the long range shot of the S-Blast doesn't make me thrilled about potentially seeing more of those things again but the weapon has fallen off, so I suppose it's a warranted change.

What I'm most not a fan of is how many weapons are getting reduced special costs out of this patch. Devs, please learn, making specials even more spammable is not going to make the game more fair or more fun. Less zookas for Splattershot and Squeezer I'm on board for, though hitting Range Blaster with that too confuses me a little; it's not like Range turfs particularly fast and it having a bunch of wave breakers was a problem. I guess it's the only way they can think of to try and incentivize more blaster diversity because there's not much they can do to nerf the weapon itself without outright killing it.

The triple splashdown changes are funny, but actually one of the more sensible things out of this patch, and I appreciate them actually explaining it the way they did. Killing kraken cheese for clam blitz is also a very welcome change. There's some decent things here, but as usual it never feels like it goes far enough in the right ways, and other than maybe giving Nova Shot another chance to sneak into my weapon pool, it's mostly not relevant to me personally.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Sploosh-o-matic
Neo Sploosh-o-matic
  • Slightly expanded shots' collision detection with players to make it easier to hit opponents.
Splattershot Pro
Forge Splattershot Pro

• Maximum damage has been increased from 42.0 to 45.0.
Splattershot Nova
Annaki Splattershot Nova
  • Reduced the shot spread while on land by approximately 8%.
H-3 Nozzlenose
H-3 Nozzlenose D
  • Maximum damage has been increased from 41.0 to 44.0.
Richard_d_james_album_cover.jpg

being extremely annoying is back on the menu

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
Next season sounds scary because the X rank players that are within the top 1000 ranks are going to be returned to S+0, so the start of the season is going to have even more killers. Or maybe I want to join and it'll be more likely they'll be on my team?

I think this'll make things easier, right? The idea here is that people who get to S+0 and then just grind X battles would normally get pushed down to S rank, so they will have to go through S rank rankups which might both 1) lead to vastly uneven skill levels and 2) they might actually take multiple attempts to get back up to S+0 because their teammates might have poor skill. This just means these players will be removed from that experience and will go straight back to grinding X rank instead. In practice, this will allow them to technically never touch Anarchy Series at all, which sounds like a plus for everyone.

Also that Pencil nerf is gonna accomplish absolutely nothing I think. It's like 1 shot more and I don't think this actually pushes it over a "5 shot" threshold in the first place where it would need to recharge. Glad to see Kraken cheese being gone (or at least much more difficult), though.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I get the impression the devs don't want to mess with Pencil because their internal statistics don't show as much dominant Snipewriter use in Anarchy/Turf and they don't care if it dominates at the sub 1% competitive scene. Either that or they just don't want to destroy the new weapon.

None of my weapons really got touched but I like this patch. Splattershot Pro, Nova, and H-3 were overdue for some love and the special weapon changes all seem logical. Just need to nerf Zooka and buff Chumps and Wave Breaker and I would be mostly happy with their overall balance.

Really really interested in the Undertow revamp. Maybe it is just cope but I hope they do connect the two glass platforms. It would turn Undertow into a condensed Mahi/Reef hybrid where you can push the upper section instead of being constantly funneled through the narrow hallway.

EDIT: Although after writing that, I realized that just sounds like an Eeltail Alley with a gap and more walls, lol.

Last edited:

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
New Undertow is... interesting? It's not a pole or a connection between the perches, it's a little cut down section to let you cross over more easily or paint the other zone from the first. The hallway leading the Rainmaker goal is paintable now and wider with an inflatable in the middle, and there's these little hideyholes with a column underneath each snipe to let you kind of have more cover going past.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's going to take a very amazing pose to get me to ever swap off the Ace Attorney point

Trying out the buffed Bubbler on some Zimi and finished with a cool 5-1
R6V4-7KTA-FUTJ-1H4U
R3AG-QKPR-EBFU-VQ3S
RW2Q-RTQS-G20C-TQS6
RVNO-ECSA-5UBS-2BQU (this one really shows off the buff as the aerospray just could not break it)
RX9N-NU7G-A6JJ-P29K (I felt bad for the C.Jr on the other team here. Guy made a full lap around the stage, snuck up behind me and caught me off guard, I still killed him)

Bubbler buff working about as I expected. It's not enabling it to do different plays but is making its existing plays better. Due to the slow start up and fragility, it's best to use it away from the action or on stages with a prominent upper layer like Maria, Eeltail, and Capital because it makes the satellite particularly difficult to attack while giving you safety on terrain that typically isn't safe like nets. So the buff is coming into play a lot for this role, but it pigeon holes the special to that role

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I told myself I would actually play in this Splatfest, but they scheduled such a great Salmon Run rotation this weekend. 😭

Hydroplant is awesome and then they threw in .52 Gal and Squiffer, a couple of the best Salmon weapons. Probably won't play to Bear Cub Ruler but will try to grind to the second highest level.

Last edited:

St. Eam the 3rd

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 18, 2022
My god splatfest is surprising me again with the level of little details all around… very nice touches:).

In which of the three plaza are you guys spending this splatfest?

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Weekend Salmon is a nightmare until you get to 700 VP....

In which of the three plaza are you guys spending this splatfest?
I go Inkopolis Square for first half, Inkopolis Plaza for the second

Splatsville isn't very good unless you got a 100x battle so you can ride a float. Otherwise you can't hear any of the singing and there isn't a good place to watch any of the singers

Edit: 800 VP...

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2022
The Tri colour splat fest is amazing. The mahi mahi map is so damn hectic because it allows for so much flanking. I've had some crazy matches on it as a result

I had a match where me and my attack partner had an clutch victory because the defending decided to invade the other team spawn with 10s to go leaving us to quickly cover most of the map and win with like 40%.
Had a defence match where my team was a fortress, the other 2 teams couldn't activate the signal at all because we had one splatling on it at all times and the rest of us picked everyone off like a shiver (hehe) of sharks.

I wish the normal maps had more flanking opportunities from mutiple directions, it allows for so much more strategy and chaos.

Also go bunnies!

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
The TriColor has a "secret" inkable wall that is good for the Defenders to so that they can ink the attackers main and sub spawn zone. Forces the attackers to engage away from the Signal to re-ink their base otherwise they take a large drop in coverage percentage!

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My one fun game, a 100x.

RTS3-53CA-HOLH-OCQX

I used Nautilus for a bit and I never got hit out of my Splashdowns. It's Splatfest alright

I have nothing to say about Tricolor Mahi because all I get are mirrors and when it's a mirror I swear to god, it just becomes a squidbag party 100% of the time, so I have yet to have an actual game on it. Looks fine though I guess

Edit: I may think Recycled Brella isn't great in PvP but its so much fun in Salmon Run

Last edited:

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
dog what the hell

i played tricolor 20 times as team chicks and i was on defense 17 of those times

bunny is absolutely the most popular team and the midpoint defenders, where the hell did they go

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Congrats to my fellow bear cubs. I'm starting to realize that I should probably just not play fests on Friday evenings if I don't have a full group of friends to play with. I did this fest wholly solo because no one else around picked the same team as me, and it made for a miserable night, while the day after generally went better and less frustratingly.

Frye is doomed.