• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think Yuta/my reads on you are genuine? You don't think either of us is scum taking advantage of meta?

What Fate said earlier is right - it feels premature to say anyone is ghosting the thread less than 24 hours into the game.

That said, who would you push for ghosting the thread? If you're suggesting it, you must feel someone fits the bill?
Not sure about Yuta since he had that post + vote and nothing since. I could see you doing it though.
Anex put in great work last game, day 1 here seems very similar to last time.

Blarg ghosting this early is weird, not a scum tell but definitely NOT a solid scum tell (Could also be the weekend start though).

LP isn't giving me scum vibes either, Day 1 defending someone against meta reads is pretty Null, some players lean into meta really hard through the shit posts, some don't.

On the whole Sneeks thing, It really seems to me like a meta read, which is fine for the first 24 hours I guess. We all know this day will turn into an absolute shit show with 5 minutes to go on the clock when people decide to claim day 1 and everyone scrambles.
Was Anex town or scum in their first game?

but do you agree with people's meta reads on me? 👀

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Neki, so full of anxiety and regret he has to say it twice :(
ephi no bully

Not sure about Yuta since he had that post + vote and nothing since. I could see you doing it though.
yeah I totally would do that Hmm, ok fair enough. Your response sounded like you thought these were genuine concerns about your playstyle, as opposed to wee thinking the same arguments are being used against her by scum. I suppose it's too early to say either way (in broth you and wee's cases).

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I do not. My analysis on shit posting is not as good as others in this department and people always seem to talk about how much can be gleaned from day 1 but I always fail to see it. I'm more of a vote records and late EoD vote movement kind of analysis person.

Isn't this like the unspoken rule of mafia? Everyone phones it in, votes out some random person with a vanilla claim, and then the next day we try to squeeze water from the rock that is D1.

This isn't filler because you'll hit the post quota, so it almost sounds like hedging. Like if your D1 isn't great, you already said why.

It's not scummy, but I'm going to file this away for later.

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
Is this in reference to Sneeks or someone else?
It is a reference to voting Sneeks, wee or anybody else who generates many interactions. Day 1 always is a complete guess in the dark, I think we should either vote for people who do not generate many interactions or people who we'll need to forcefully check at some point anyway (Blarg or jman, the latter has been a while since I played with him the last time though, so that could have changed by now)

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: malus

dislike the grouping he did earlier and I disagree with the ATP scumread imo. giving me scummy vibes
ephi no bully

yeah I totally would do that Hmm, ok fair enough. Your response sounded like you thought these were genuine concerns about your playstyle, as opposed to wee thinking the same arguments are being used against her by scum. I suppose it's too early to say either way (in broth you and wee's cases).
It's both. I'm worried people read my posts as tryhard/not genuine even though I am just playing and it can't help but make me think I'm doing something wrong. That's more of a personal thing that I want to fix but I can also see scum taking advantage of this and pushing it to try and get me voted out since it would save them a NK.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
By all means.
Isn't this like the unspoken rule of mafia? Everyone phones it in, votes out some random person with a vanilla claim, and then the next day we try to squeeze water from the rock that is D1.

This isn't filler because you'll hit the post quota, so it almost sounds like hedging. Like if your D1 isn't great, you already said why.

This is what happens when I explain who I am voting for and who I am willing to switch to before EoD, people say it's hedging but I'd rather explain it now before you need to ask than later. At this point it'd be me easier to not respond to anyone because I'm either hedging or I'm making excuses or I'm afraid of looking bad.

This is why I prefer shit posting on D1 since putting in an effort makes me look like the bad guy.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Yeah I'm just going to say I will be very surprised if there is a cult in this game.
Why?
also i would like to propose we No Vote for day one.
Why?
Why?

but I'd also be open to go for one of the low posters.
Why?

Vote:Malus

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Vote: malus

dislike the grouping he did earlier and I disagree with the ATP scumread imo. giving me scummy vibes

It's both. I'm worried people read my posts as tryhard/not genuine even though I am just playing and it can't help but make me think I'm doing something wrong. That's more of a personal thing that I want to fix but I can also see scum taking advantage of this and pushing it to try and get me voted out since it would save them a NK.

If this is a pocket attempt, then let me climb up on in there!

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Like Zipped, Bojack, HP, Ephi, Leo, Royal, LP or Blarg.
Because they don't provide much information to work with, so better to get to them while we have options, rather than when it's too late as has too often happened already.

I kind've take issue with this list, at least with your "why" in mind.
Not just because I'm in it.
Probably.

Leo at least probably shouldn't be there. I feel like in games I've read of his he ends up putting a decent amount down to look through.
Bojack too. He had me convinced he was town in whoops all scum, but I don't really feel the reason to narrow in on him would have been low posting.
People always say LP and Blarg will out in time, I'm not entirely sure I believe that anymore but including them on the policy vote list seems a bit meh.

Zipped, sure, I've seen enough games where he's barely there. HP, sure (sorry dude). Me, eeeeh. You, sure.
Royal, well, not a clue there.
He might only have made a few posts but he seems self assured, asssertive. Not entirely sure how I feel about him flat out telling us what we're going to be doing yet, maybe that's just his style. Not entirely sure I agree with the approach of keeping in talking points despite suspicion versus voting out inactives because they're annoying to deal with, but "vote out the people not talking that you can't follow anywhere tomorrow" never has never seemed like a persuasive argument to me so that's not really surprising.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Probably.

Leo at least probably shouldn't be there. I feel like in games I've read of his he ends up putting a decent amount down to look through.
Bojack too. He had me convinced he was town in whoops all scum, but I don't really feel the reason to narrow in on him would have been low posting.
People always say LP and Blarg will out in time, I'm not entirely sure I believe that anymore but including them on the policy vote list seems a bit meh.

Zipped, sure, I've seen enough games where he's barely there. HP, sure (sorry dude). Me, eeeeh. You, sure.
He might only have made a few posts but he seems self assured, asssertive. Not entirely sure how I feel about him flat out telling us what we're going to be doing yet, maybe that's just his style. Not entirely sure I agree with the approach of keeping in talking points despite suspicion versus voting out inactives because they're annoying to deal with, but "vote out the people not talking that you can't follow anywhere tomorrow" never has never seemed like a persuasive argument to me so that's not really surprising.
I don't propose to vote them out right now. There's still plenty of time for people to show up, but if by EoD there's still nothing to work with it's at least worth a thought.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
its between jman and malus now for the low posters

if malus flips town, then this part should be looked at
scum!ephidel will try to gasp onto anything
As in low posters you want to hear from or Low posters in general? I'm just curious why Malus is a top low poster to vote out, when it could easily be me, or LP, or Leo, or Royal?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dude. Did you read the whole post of mine?

dude!

i'm not liking malus leaving jman out of his low posters and also the stuff atp said about him i agree with.

zipped i feel ok about given his response to me, he's never very self directed on d1, but he didn't stick to ONLY the questions i asked, so he's doing town meta things.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
because having just DONE a game with cult, I would just be surprised if a cult shows up in ANY game from now on. That shit was hard. So next time a cult does show up I will be pleasantly (or more likely unpleasantly) surprised.
Games don't get played in the order they're designed, right? Ultimately the fact we just played a cult game doesn't mean there weren't others in the cooker along with them. I'm not saying this is going to be one or that we should be worrying about it but you having just run one doesn't take that set of tools out of the toolbox.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

AllThingsPurple (2 votes)
A WIld Ambulance Appears - #66
malus - #257

malus (2 votes)
Sawneeks - #267
jman1954goat - #269

Sawneeks (2 votes)
Yuta - #88
AllThingsPurple - #156 #193
LaunchpadMcQ - #224

FateShirou (1 votes)
HPSauce - #67
Sawneeks - #187 #267

Royal_Flush (1 votes)
AllThingsPurple - #193

A WIld Ambulance Appears (1 votes)
FateShirou - #69 #89
Anexanhume - #131

Ephidel (1 votes)
FateShirou - #263

Neki (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #172

Yuta (0 votes)
weemadarthur - #68 #86

BoJack Horseman (0 votes)
FateShirou - #107 #263

weemadarthur (0 votes)
FateShirou - #89 #107

LaunchpadMcQ (0 votes)
AllThingsPurple - #73 #156

Not voting: Royal_Flush, Ephidel, Leo, Zippedpinhead, Blargonaut, Lone_Prodigy, BoJack Horseman, Neki

Post Counts:
AllThingsPurple: 44 A WIld Ambulance Appears: 33 Neki: 27 FateShirou: 23 Sawneeks: 22 weemadarthur: 22 Anexanhume: 20 Zippedpinhead: 12 Yuta: 12 LaunchpadMcQ: 12 Ephidel: 8 BoJack Horseman: 7 HPSauce: 7 malus: 7 Lone_Prodigy: 6 Leo: 6 Royal_Flush: 5 jman1954goat: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Games don't get played in the order they're designed, right? Ultimately the fact we just played a cult game doesn't mean there weren't others in the cooker along with them. I'm not saying this is going to be one or that we should be worrying about it but you having just run one doesn't take that set of tools out of the toolbox.

You misunderstood his point

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Time to remove this joke vote.
Unvote
I'll try to get some thoughts down, but I have a career thing in a little bit and some homework so it might take me a while

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I was all ready to policy vote the cult suggestion but it's from Zipped and he does this regardless of alignment. So I'm just going to say that the game is too small to support a cult. Plus it gets weird when you're recruiting in a role madness game.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
Probably.

Ephi and having it in for me... name a more iconic duo LOL

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Hp seems okay to me so far, its when he starts sheeping someone else's reads and thoughts you need to watch out, tho there is still plenty of time for that

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why single out Zipped specifically? And why anex, LP, and Blarg specifically?
Zipped, because he requires direction on d1, he seldom has any of his own. I also gave a summary already of my thoughts on his response.

those 3 posters: somewhat random. One i don't know, one had posted little content on the game, one hadn't posted at all. I actually did want to hear zipped's thoughts.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
Anyway I think this Sneeks thing is memes. I've read through those posts a few times and I just don't see anything in it lol

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Has nothing to do when the games were created. It has to do with the difficulty in creating a cult game was for me and that when @ATP and I were doing that it is recommended it be classified as Bastard.

While this game IS role madness, it is not bastard. I would be surprised if Fanto could create a game with a cult mechanic without delving into the bastard mafia territory.

I'm saying based on this game type I think its a different toolbox entirely than one that would have a cult in it.

though hats off to you Fanto if you were able to create a game with a cult mechanic and have it not be Bastard complexity. seriously I don't know how it could be done