• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Has nothing to do when the games were created. It has to do with the difficulty in creating a cult game was for me and that when @ATP and I were doing that it is recommended it be classified as Bastard.

While this game IS role madness, it is not bastard. I would be surprised if Fanto could create a game with a cult mechanic without delving into the bastard mafia territory.

I'm saying based on this game type I think its a different toolbox entirely than one that would have a cult in it.

though hats off to you Fanto if you were able to create a game with a cult mechanic and have it not be Bastard complexity. seriously I don't know how it could be done

i never thought there could BE A CULT. I thought the word REVERSE would show it was a joke.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but I'm still waiting on the receipts for all the things I obstructed
Does it really bother you this much?
that's hilarious.

I'm having a hard time finding an appropriate gif for it.

To gain more insight into the reasoning behind statements.
In the time period in which you do not choose to participate due to its pointlessness…..do you believe there is actual reasoning to be had?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Does it really bother you this much?
that's hilarious.

I'm having a hard time finding an appropriate gif for it.

In the time period in which you do not choose to participate due to its pointlessness…..do you believe there is actual reasoning to be had?

Just find it interesting that you're saying shit to say shit with nothing behind it.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
fU7t00z.gif

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Getting a bit more serious now, something to dive into.

I was half joking but go on then. Who would you put into a town core right now and why?

Why single out Zipped specifically? And why anex, LP, and Blarg specifically?
Right now? Uh,

Yuta for trying to figure things out
ATP even though he hates me

and that's...about it for now. I kind of lean wanting to put wee or LP in there but i'm not even remotely confident there yet.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not Voting
Sawneeks
Anexanhume
Ambulance
Wee
Bojack
Yuta
Launchpad
LP

Vote
AllThingsPurple
Zippedpinhead
HPSauce
Jman
Malus
Neki

Need More
Leo
Ephidel
Royal
Blarg

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Also, I can't help but have a red flag come up when she uses the ":<" emote.

That might be on of the most accurate reads so far lol

Neki is more concerned about dying than trying to scumhunt. Neutral?

I'm always concerned about dying and looking bad and people try to scum read me for it. That's just me, full of anxiety and regret.

Neki is well within his town meta here. I'm seeing Sneeks and LP prodding him because of that and I'm taking a note, because i don't know if it's cause they don't have a good meta on him or if they are looking for a weak spot to explore.

Leo what's your opinion on fate, neki, atp, and malus?

Neki feels town, I think I have good meta on him cause we were lovers in a previous game, and he's fine for now, wouldn't vote for him at this point.

ATP and malus feel a bit scummy but it's a bit of a gut feeling. They both seem to want to start some shit and I'm not sure about malus, but I think town!ATP tends to be more passive D1.

I've come to terms that I'm terrible reading at Fate despite interacting a lot with him in lots of games. I don't see much difference between his scum game and town game, and he hasn't pinged me one way or another so far.

Nov 2, 2017
Zipped, because he requires direction on d1, he seldom has any of his own. I also gave a summary already of my thoughts on his response.

those 3 posters: somewhat random. One i don't know, one had posted little content on the game, one hadn't posted at all. I actually did want to hear zipped's thoughts.

Fair enough. Carry on.

Right now? Uh,

Yuta for trying to figure things out
ATP even though he hates me

and that's...about it for now. I kind of lean wanting to put wee or LP in there but i'm not even remotely confident there yet.
Any reason on ATP? Just a gut thing?

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why Sneeks, LP and Ambulance?
Idont geel like those are good yeets on day 1
they all rpoduced something worth talking about and for that they escaped my day 1 vote
Are you mad at me for Roasting you
I think your scum, and also heck you for bring up FGO2
Specifically tell me why all the names on your vote list are there, this ain't hard kid.
go eat a croissant

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As you wish

The only person on my radar is you.
[at yuta]

Yeah I'm not liking any of you right now.
no explanation, just antagonism

I really don't like wee or sneeks right now, so forced.
Two ppl who are active, no particular explanation
Maybe you're right

Vote: Royal_Flush
When royal tries to direct overall voting
Ambulance doing much busy work.
when amb tries to ask questions of ppl

Altogether it's just coming up at anyone talking and being antagonistic at them with no explanation [he loves explanations though, so it's hypocrisy, only i get to do that]. Basically it feels like shutting down investigatory work of any sort, also i haven't noticed him putting forth much of his own opinions, granted i just read through for this other sort of post.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hoever right after i posted suus of atp, malus jumped on that read in a scummy way, and hp defended atp in a way i thought was more towny. Which doesn't affect my read of atp necessarily, which atm is kinda "lean scum", but also i'm listening to hp who has good instincts, ergo i'm still voting where i see other smoke.

so far.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Passive? That hurts! I don't think I've ever been passive on a day 1.

I think when you're town your D1 is more careful, you tend to observe more and will tell people that you don't have anything to bring if you don't. The one time I've seen you engage more and pursue people on D1, you were scum, although that was more pronounced in that game than here.

Please explain your reasoning for all the people in your vote list, since obviously you have reasons

I also don't like this post, it seems you want people to think you're worried because Fate is considering voting for you, but i don't think you are. Feels like checking a box.

That impression is stronger because I think his no vote list is more random and interesting, but that could be just our difference in perspectives on the game.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
HP:
Not awkward or angry yet (town or not enough pressure)
Very relaxed
Emotional HP is usually indicative of town

ATP:
Light reads, light prodding on Sawneeks and Wee.

Fate:
aggressively posting and aggressively attacking people
random vote switching
seems pretty on brand

Ambulance:
asking questions, prodding people. much more active and confident than I usually see him

Leo:
hasn't aggressively bussed Fate, yet.
Nothing overly offensive or out of character yet for me
Little substance to judge yet

Zipped:
some light mechanics speculations about cult stuff, think all this cult stuff is a red herring. don't agree with the meta push on Sawneeks here either.

ATP:
weirdly abrasive and confrontational for a day 1, finding it hard to believe scum ever does this on day 1 of all days but still NAI

Sawneeks:
Putting out an aggressive read and vote out early. Don't particularly care for people going for meta against Sawneeks in another game on D1 again.

LP:
aggressive out of the gate
doesn't agree with the high vs low posters but I think it's a more fair assessment than the Sawneeks meta read for a D1 push (NAI regardless of what he thinks of this)

Bojack:
Low activity, asking for reasoning on why people are asking questions to certain people. don't particularly like it, comes off as busywork.

Yuta:
aggressive meta read on Sawneeks, non-commital statements on the state of Wee's gameplay. Don't think the things he pointed out are alignment indicative of anything unless he has a soul read on Sawneeks.

Jman:
jman being vague, nothing new
his playstyle and posting style right now is NAI but having low activity PR/town certainly won't help in the future

Ephi:
still in shitpost mode, NAI
have actually seen her respond to my posts this game so that's a positive when she doesn't ghost me

Anex:
seems much more comfortable and relaxed, way more loose this game compared to last game.

Launchpad:
asking a lot of questions, are they the right questions? whose to say
giving a slight meta read on Yuta/Ambulance/Sawneeks
thinks Neki is scum

Wee:
Put forth the cult discussion. Asking questions and providing reads at the same time, seems more genuine in scum hunting rather than rapid fire asking questions to anyone they see.

Blarg:
MIA

Malus:
Wants to vote low activity posters. Votes on ATP which seems like the easy train right now because ATP is coming off as quite abrasive. Not much else to say

Royal_Flush:
wants the meta policy vote on low activity, hard to disagree here. Could be an easy place for any scum to hide because voting off low activity posters is an easy way to appear scum hunting but NAI at the moment.

LaunchpadMcQ my observations for day after going through everyone's ISO

Personally I'd put pressure on Bojack or jman or Royal_Flush at this point. I know bojack can do more than he is doing right now so I'd like to see it. Jman is being jman and I'm not surprised, I hope he warms up sooner rather than alter because this playstyle is not helpful to town. I like what Royal Flush posted but that's the only thing he's posted so hard to give him a pass for something that is a very surface level observation we often make D1.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I think when you're town your D1 is more careful, you tend to observe more and will tell people that you don't have anything to bring if you don't. The one time I've seen you engage more and pursue people on D1, you were scum, although that was more pronounced in that game than here.

I also don't like this post, it seems you want people to think you're worried because Fate is considering voting for you, but i don't think you are. Feels like checking a box.

That impression is stronger because I think his no vote list is more random and interesting, but that could be just our difference in perspectives on the game.

No it feels like making a list of names without so much as a word on why they should be the vote is bullshit.

Like say why someone should be voted out I don't care if the reason is weak its day 1, of course its gonna be weak. But just listing names is just nothing work. It looks like your participating but it doesn't mean anything.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
As you wish

[at yuta]

no explanation, just antagonism

Two ppl who are active, no particular explanation

When royal tries to direct overall voting

when amb tries to ask questions of ppl

Altogether it's just coming up at anyone talking and being antagonistic at them with no explanation [he loves explanations though, so it's hypocrisy, only i get to do that]. Basically it feels like shutting down investigatory work of any sort, also i haven't noticed him putting forth much of his own opinions, granted i just read through for this other sort of post.

Alright now we can go! I'll address the points in order.

1. Yes I found yuta coming out with serous takes of people being scum mere hours into the game off. I also don't know yuta well I played 1 proper game with him.

2. Well duh. Its day 1, barely half way through, of course I'm not reading 1 post and going yep, town. So yeah I found all the early posts pretty weak. Not very good shit posting, weird awkward jokes. It was poor all round. So yeah you all suck.

3. Basically above, the posts between you just felt so contrived and not natural flow. Like you don't like it fine but if I read posts the read forced im gonna say so.

Also two people who are active? What the fuck has that to do with anything. I forgot scum are never active. What a weird point to bring up. Of course I'm gonna have more thoughts on someone who has more content to have thoughts on.

4. It was a joke. He said don't vote high activity players, he is a low activity player (at least in my experience) so I voted him. What of it?

5. Ambulance was asking nothing questions, he should put his own thoughts down on people not ask others opinions. Just reads like busy work to me, and yes I didn't like you doing it either.

I'm happy to defend or explain anything I've said if people ask. So no, its not hypocrisy.

You having a real weak start here wee, giving me big mystery mafia vibes.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
LaunchpadMcQ my observations for day after going through everyone's ISO

Personally I'd put pressure on Bojack or jman or Royal_Flush at this point. I know bojack can do more than he is doing right now so I'd like to see it. Jman is being jman and I'm not surprised, I hope he warms up sooner rather than alter because this playstyle is not helpful to town. I like what Royal Flush posted but that's the only thing he's posted so hard to give him a pass for something that is a very surface level observation we often make D1.
I'm Awkward? :(

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Actually I retract the mystery mafia comment. It was a nice zinger to end the message with but its not really true.

I just think wee is terrible at reading me

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Anex- This one is a shallow read, but I like the vibes anex has been giving off. Feels very relaxed. Wouldn't vote today.

Launch- His play so far feels similar to games I've played with him where he was town (Please note I have not yet employed the 100% accurate Launch alignment test).

malus- Man, I'm not trying to be mean because I feel like I scumread malus a lot of the time, but some of his posts just feel so damn opportunistic.

ATP- I feel like it's been a little while since we've played together in a game, but is ATP normally this abrasive?

Yuta- Helped move the game out of the shitposting phase which is a good thing in my book. I also like the vibe he's giving off.

Fate- ISOing his posts is giving me whiplash with some of those read changes. I'd put him in the top half of my null pile.

Ok that's what I've got for reads right now. I'll try to add more later.
Vote: malus

I'll go easier on the ball busting, since it seems to be ruffling a lot of feathers
Gotta save the puns for Dad Joke Mafia.

Not sure yet how I feel about Amby playing indirect defense for wee and I. Could be a scum!amby seeing townies get early flak and try to help 'solve that problem' by asking questions before coming to a conclusion themselves on whatever way the wind ends up going. He looks better by 'solving' and has a safe spot away from teammates.

or he's town and it's a genuine attempt to figure stuff out. it's a wait an see.
Lmao if you think scum!me is capable of delicate maneuvers like that then you need to read The Thing Mafia.

Day 1 is so boring it saddens me that some of you would hold it against me that I'm trying to have some fun.
At the end of the day it's just a game. I'm sure no one is going to hold your aggressiveness against you. Though it is a little saddening being told that my questioning is useless :(

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
All of you asked for D1 reads, not me. I was just gonna shit post until tomorrow.