• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Actually you know what, I will put a vote down there anyway, but I know I'll probably need to move it 🤔

Vote: Zipped

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
I did some thinking. If I was Sum needing to save myself and didn't have a roleclaim ready, doc is the one I would go for. It's almost cliche at this point. Blarg was not a real counterwagon when L_P claimed, so I think if L_P is Scum, HP is likely Town since that is where the votes were most likely going to go.

Looking at D1, L_P was also one of the wagons. Blarg did not only save HP, he also saved L_P. There is a strong wagonomics connection between L_P and HP and I want to flip there.

vote: Lone_Prodigy

based on the fact that something is off between all the protective things going on and people insisting that Scum-doublevotes are a nightmare...

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
I've been interested in voting Anex myself, but rereading all this stuff from earlier today I don't know.
It's an overflow of "would scum ever..." (... I know the answer is always yes) but trying to believe a team would have okayed that claim and those clearly faulty assumptions, even to ham up the newbness seems iffy.
I guess he could just have gone for it himself, but I don't know it feels right.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

Anexanhume (4 votes)
Randomless - #1,779
Lone_Prodigy - #1,867
BoJack Horseman - #1,939
weemadarthur - #2,000

Lone_Prodigy (2 votes)
Royal_Flush - #2,052
Anexanhume - #2,055

Royal_Flush (1 votes)
FateShirou - #1,676
Randomless - #1,691 #1,779

Zippedpinhead (1 votes)
Ephidel - #2,051

HPSauce (0 votes)
weemadarthur - #1,677 #2,000
Anexanhume - #1,733 #2,055

Verelios (0 votes)
HPSauce - #1,958 (Double) #2,009

Not voting: Natiko, Verelios, Zippedpinhead, malus, HPSauce

Post Counts:
Anexanhume: 94 FateShirou: 66 Randomless: 54 Natiko: 50 HPSauce: 42 Verelios: 33 Zippedpinhead: 27 weemadarthur: 26 Royal_Flush: 23 Lone_Prodigy: 20 BoJack Horseman: 19 Ephidel: 12 malus: 10 jman1954goat: 2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Since I know I'm part of the problem not voting - I'm waiting to hear who Bo targeted. If it wasn't whoever died I vote anex. If it was I vote someone that's not been under heat today - probably Zipped or Fate.
Says here it wasn't Leo, who died:
Good point on my refunded shot. Did I ever say who I targeted? Because it wasn't Leo, so it wasn't refunded because my target died. Anything it could be other than a blocker role?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Since I know I'm part of the problem not voting - I'm waiting to hear who Bo targeted. If it wasn't whoever died I vote anex. If it was I vote someone that's not been under heat today - probably Zipped or Fate.
Which night?
He already was quoted as saying he had NOT targeted the dead person on that one night, go back a page.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Says here it wasn't Leo, who died:

Which night?
He already was quoted as saying he had NOT targeted the dead person on that one night, go back a page.
Shit, thanks you two - missed that entirely. That's a pretty bad smoking gun for voting out anex here.

Final question - who had publicly claimed (and was still alive) at that point? (N2)

If it was a scum blocker role, how would they know to target Bo? I assume they'd have limited shots like I do. Maybe wee knows.
I mean, they wouldn't - that's just part of the game. They have the advantage of knowing who their teammates are though and thus who not to block.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
If it was a scum blocker role, how would they know to target Bo? I assume they'd have limited shots like I do. Maybe wee knows.
Maybe Blarg tracked him N1? Maybe scum saw how BoJack appeared a bit scummy but knew he wasn't one of them? BoJack was a top scum read for me when I came in the game before his claim, perhaps scum saw something there too and tried to take advantage.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
No, 3N was N1.
Shouldn't you be telling someone that they aren't supposed to be alive in this timeline and to go die?
Blarg's existence implies that was done already.
Pointing out wee's errors is its own reward.
This is true.
Not trying to role fish, but just to be sure - presumably he didn't target someone that died right? And it's a night action? (For instance when I've designed games I make gossips day acorns typically)
I think he's a neighbouriser rather than a standard gossip if that makes a difference (I have no idea if it does). The chat persists and gossip chats I've been in before evaporate.
Final question - who had publicly claimed (and was still alive) at that point? (N2)
HP. That's it.

I guess someone could have inferred ATP was actually a cop, especially if they knew they'd screwed with Neki, but he left the game that night by his own action, not by being killed. I don't know what ... order process... would have been followed for that, but that was the night Leo died so the assumption would be they didn't bother targeting him.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Maybe Blarg tracked him N1? Maybe scum saw how BoJack appeared a bit scummy but knew he wasn't one of them? BoJack was a top scum read for me when I came in the game before his claim, perhaps scum saw something there too and tried to take advantage.
That would make sense. If role blocker had limited shots, knowing Bo could target anyone at night would be enough to chance a block against him.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly just ATP who was pretending to be the town cop instead of a slightly-malicious neutral.

No, 3N was N1.

Blarg's existence implies that was done already.

This is true.

I think he's a neighbouriser rather than a standard gossip if that makes a difference (I have no idea if it does). The chat persists and gossip chats I've been in before evaporate.

HP. That's it.

I guess someone could have inferred ATP was actually a cop, especially if they knew they'd screwed with Neki, but he left the game that night by his own action, not by being killed. I don't know what ... order process... would have been followed for that, but that was the night Leo died so the assumption would be they didn't bother targeting him.
Can anyone point me in the direction of ATP's claim or hint or whatever? He has a lot of posts to be blindly digging around in an ISO.

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
If the double vote is tied to a time frame of being used (which HP just implied) then you are right its not this huge balancing problem.

A lot of time doubles aren't tied to a day where it can last be used, so a 2 shot scum double available two days before mylo/lylo would massively disadvantage town.
Did he imply that? Where, I missed it?

I want is people to follow through with their reads besides just saying x is on my scumlist
get people to start talking, and not having dead air
But isn't this mostly what you've been doing recently? Throwing out a name and a maybe a complimentary vote then stop engaging with that person except for asking for names lists?

frustrated neki flipped as town
I see. You forgot a "one" and I missed the "of" so "one of my scumreads" became "[both] my scumreads"

Sure I mean I can entertain a world where I'm scum and try to save myself but unexpectedly get my scum mate killed instead, but what does that buy me? One or two extra days where I'm open to a cop check and still under heavy suspicion? Or do I just take the L and let scum Blarg start contributing the next day, as his position was salvageable?
When you were leading, Blarg was not the contesting wagon. You even write "unexpectedly" yourself. So why would you even consider "taking the L"?

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone point me in the direction of ATP's claim or hint or whatever? He has a lot of posts to be blindly digging around in an ISO.
It's right at the end of it.
Okay so I've been sitting on something because I wanted to get some useful info before derailing the day. Pretty much everyone has weighed in but yuta and blarg so I think its time..

FkNe.gif

I have a red check on Neki.

Vote: Neki

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
It's right at the end of it.
So something scum would know is absolutely not true and would have no incentive to stop or interfere with. Yeah, anex is probably the vote here purely due to the known existence of town being blocked and anex not wanting to fess up to that one. Though I still hate the WIFOM of why does he claim the way he did, clearly with an implied lack of understanding of how the NK works in our community and why not just…be honest. It doesn't sound like Bo was clearly town read the night the block occurred. Could've been honest there as scum and not really caught heat for it. Only other explanation other than scum blocking Bo would be Bo lied and is scum or he targeted a commuter or ascetic.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Natiko is also scum. Good to know. His "hurr hurr no read lol" schtick is to avoid voting on his teammate since we have so many refraining.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate Ephi's sudden burst of activity, I don't really know what to make of it at the moment though. That was an excessively long post and a bit meandering, but I think the point of it was to log any and all references and interactions with Blarg? I did read the whole thing, I swear. And then she settled on Zipped after. I would like re-read Zipped before deciding how I feel on that any further.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I think we still end up here. I don't know how much I buy Anex being x-shot RB (assuming he is because he mentioned not wanting to waste a shot) given the roles that have flipped. Possible, but I don't know. A bit redundant.

Vote: Anexanhume

I'll say that depending on the flip I'll want to look at Fate closer.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate Ephi's sudden burst of activity, I don't really know what to make of it at the moment though. That was an excessively long post and a bit meandering, but I think the point of it was to log any and all references and interactions with Blarg? I did read the whole thing, I swear. And then she settled on Zipped after. I would like re-read Zipped before deciding how I feel on that any further.
the jist i got is
gathering of posts people made on blarg leading to his exiting
and asking why zipped didnt vote for blarg after saying they will the previousday, not sure if zipped commented on why they didnt vote on blarg before leaving

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

Anexanhume (6 votes)
Randomless - #1,779
Lone_Prodigy - #1,867
BoJack Horseman - #1,939
weemadarthur - #2,000
Verelios - #2,085
Natiko - #2,087

Lone_Prodigy (2 votes)
Royal_Flush - #2,052
Anexanhume - #2,055

Royal_Flush (1 votes)
FateShirou - #1,676

Zippedpinhead (1 votes)
Ephidel - #2,051

HPSauce (0 votes)

Verelios (0 votes)

Not voting: Zippedpinhead, malus, HPSauce

Post Counts:
Anexanhume: 96 FateShirou: 71 Randomless: 57 Natiko: 55 HPSauce: 43 Verelios: 34 weemadarthur: 32 Zippedpinhead: 30 Royal_Flush: 26 Lone_Prodigy: 20 BoJack Horseman: 19 Ephidel: 14 malus: 10 jman1954goat: 2

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't like this but I can see where you all are coming from. I really thought Anex was playing more town forward today but I want to see the flip as well.

vote: Anexanhume

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== FINAL DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

Anexanhume (7 votes)
Randomless - #1,779
Lone_Prodigy - #1,867
BoJack Horseman - #1,939
weemadarthur - #2,000
Verelios - #2,085
Natiko - #2,087
Zippedpinhead - #2,091

Lone_Prodigy (2 votes)
Royal_Flush - #2,052
Anexanhume - #2,055

Royal_Flush (1 votes)
FateShirou - #1,676

Zippedpinhead (1 votes)
Ephidel - #2,051

HPSauce (0 votes)

Verelios (0 votes)

Not voting: malus, HPSauce

Post Counts:
Anexanhume: 97 FateShirou: 71 Randomless: 57 Natiko: 55 HPSauce: 44 Verelios: 35 weemadarthur: 33 Zippedpinhead: 32 Royal_Flush: 27 Lone_Prodigy: 20 BoJack Horseman: 19 Ephidel: 14 malus: 10 jman1954goat: 2