• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How will APPLE open tomorrow?

• Up >= 4%

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Up < 4%

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Down < 4%

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Down >= 4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
My portfolio up a lot all in sudden.

Then I see something happened with Matterport...

Can't wait to see what this news is lol
They got acquired by Costar Group. I mentioned a while ago that Matterport could be a acquisition target in the future perhaps.

I would have preferred it being someone like or META, GOOG, but w/e

Edit: reading a bit more on Costar Group, this may be a good fit. At least they are a wide moat company and adding Matterport to its arsenal could give them an edge of they are able to leverage their tech and the ton of spatial data that Matterport has gathered over the years well. Could be a brilliant purchase.

Last edited:

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
This is wild to me.

The market is punishing Tesla for many reasons. They're getting squeezed in nearly every direction, even long term.
  • Hyundai is on the verge of releasing a lower cost EV. BYD is at the doorstep of USA (admittedly with a steep hill to climb to actually get in the market...)
  • Cybertruck is a verifiable disaster
  • Musk is turning into a massive liability (large investors begging him to focus on Tesla, which he won't) and won't leave TSLA
  • Optimus is a waste of R&D for an automobile manufacturer (spin off a new company like Boston Dynamics or something, it's just a distraction for Tesla)
  • FSD is a pipe dream using their current hardware stack, and they are focusing so hard on cutting costs that they won't use lidar, etc
  • Interest rates won't be lowered in the near term
  • Charging is going to become a commodity soon. NACS is a standard anyone can use now. Consumers won't care if they are at a Tesla Supercharger network long-term, just any charger that is convenient.
Tesla is fun to watch because it's just functionally mis-managed right now, which has no clear solution in the near/long term.

Allow me to retort!
  • Hyundai is doing very well with EV's, they've done great!
  • Why do you say CT is a disaster? Production is ramping and they sell every one they make, most owners seem to love it? 🤔
  • Musk can be an idiot and has hurt the brand, yes. But he's made a lot of great decisions too. Very much a mixed bag, but Tesla is much more than just Musk, and he's not as important to the company long term as he once was.
  • Why do you think Optimus is a waste? Do you not think humanoids will become a massive market very soon? 🤔
  • FSD is real, sure its not L5 yet but its getting better nearly every week right now. I've been using it daily this entire month.
  • Interest rates are hurting things yes, but they will go down in time. As a long term investor I'm not concerned with interest rates.
  • Tesla Superchargers are the best in the world right now, and Tesla can produce and install them FAR faster than anyone else currently is. It won't be a large revenue source for Tesla but it is a positive cashflow business for them and its only getting better with time.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions of course.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Also found my post two years ago on Matterport. Throwbacks are fun!

MTTR below $4.

I still have in the back of my mind a situation where META or GOOG make a move on this if it gets dangerously cheap? I'm not sure how much they value their data, which essentially an index of residential and commercial real estate mapping.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
  • Why do you say CT is a disaster? Production is ramping and they sell every one they make, most owners seem to love it?

There are a couple of problems with it. One, it's incredibly niche as a vehicle. It's not great as an actual truck (payload and towing capacity) and as such won't compete with the likes of the F150 for that massive market. It's competing against actually compelling trucks (F150 Lightning, Rivian R1T, and Silverado EV) that you could use for work, or are more 'normal' vehicles. It really falls down to it being very unique in who is going to actually purchase it. It doesn't really fit in the typical "EV crowd" as a potential buyer either. It also vastly over-promised and under-delivered.

I could go on about this, but I think just showing that the market size itself is quite limited is enough.

• Why do you think Optimus is a waste? Do you not think humanoids will become a massive market very soon? 🤔

Is there a legitimate market right now for humanoid robots? Or even in the near/mid term? What is their actual use? Legitimate question here. I could see them for manufacturing, but dedicated manufacturing robots are already in use and work well. Maybe at Amazon warehouses? I'm sure there is some market here and companies would love to replace workers with robots. You're assumption is that Tesla will be first to market, and I'm suggesting they won't even be close to first or the best. Also, it's not as if we're all going to start buying $30k humanoid robots anytime soon.

30 years from now, maybe. 10 years, doubtful.

Even then, this is just vaporware from Tesla, it's not an actual product.

Allow me to retort!
  • Tesla Superchargers are the best in the world right now, and Tesla can produce and install them FAR faster than anyone else currently is. It won't be a large revenue source for Tesla but it is a positive cashflow business for them and its only getting better with time.

This is definitely true right now. That being said, chargers themselves will become reliable via multiple manufacturers in the long term. The moment there is actual profit potential, the market will be flooded with chargers as the opportunity is too great for the mega-corps to let Tesla have the whole pie. I don't think the Tesla advantage holds long term.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.threads.net/@unusualwhales/post/C6EWoRmrfYN

cat-what-the-fuck-are-you-doing.gif

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
You dont need a growth and marketing team when you can use X to push ads given X's extreme growth in real user seconds!

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
A month ago, I said I would buy some TSLA more at $150 and lower, but now? It's just too risky now, when the CEO acts like the dying old emperor, who doesn't listen to anyone anymore.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
A month ago, I said I would buy some TSLA more at $150 and lower, but now? It's just too risky now, when the CEO acts like the dying old emperor, who doesn't listen to anyone anymore.

At least wait until tomorrow to decide, I've a good feeling TSLA will plummet after the Q1 earnings call tomorrow afternoon. It's likely to be a disastrous quarter for Tesla.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Yeah if you're planning on buying TSLA wait till after tomorrow. Would not be shocked if you can scoop some at like 120

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I would not want my retirement savings to hinge on Elon Musk any more than the ~1% TSLA weight on the S&P 500.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I bit the bullet and exited all my Tesla positions to put more into SMCI yesterday. So Tesla now has my permission to turn things around. In the mean time the Iran panic (and a few other things) have subsided from SMCI. So back to the stock people go.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I bit the bullet and exited all my Tesla positions to put more into SMCI yesterday. So Tesla now has my permission to turn things around. In the mean time the Iran panic (and a few other things) have subsided from SMCI. So back to the stock people go.
Buying more SMCI over NVDA??...😬

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Buying more SMCI over NVDA??...😬
if I took safe bets I wouldn't have bought tons of SMCI stock back in December when only 1 Barrons article did the work to prove it was severely undervalued. I'm not a psychic so I can't say if the AI demand will continue for the next 3-5 years. But if things move like I think then I make more money on SMCI than Nvidia in the timeframe I have.

Deleted member 50498

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Yeah, I'm just displaying my doubt here. For some reason I'm just thinking there's no way and perhaps Mengy perhaps has a 401K type account where it can't only be Tesla.
That is what he replied when I asked this:

Mengy, I hope your portfolio's biggest position(s) are in broad-based index funds such as VOO/SPY/VTI.

Tesla is already down 4% in pre-market. Granted, it's pre-market, but the market seems to be signaling that Musk is a huge liability for Tesla at this point.

Mengy said:
Nope, still all in on TSLA. 😎
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...s-the-spanish-inflation.434972/post-121979910

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm just displaying my doubt here. For some reason I'm just thinking there's no way and perhaps Mengy perhaps has a 401K type account where it can't only be Tesla.

Nope, 98% in on TSLA with a little bit in a few other stocks in my "fun" account.

That said I have enough cash on the side to pay the bills for a few years, I don't need to sell a single share until like 2027 or so, and even then I could always sell safe covered calls on my fun account if I decided to, but I usually don't bother with options.

Patience is a virtue. 😎

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
TSLA really rocketing up after the bell but I don't see the earnings deck out yet? 🤔

Damn Wall Street insiders!!!

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
And there it is, the Model 2 is back on schedule.

It's changed though. The "Model 2" will now be made on existing M3 / MY lines and it will be a mixture of the current designs and the new unboxed design. The fully unboxed line being built in Austin will be dedicated 100% to the Robotaxi vehicles. That's not a bad strategy honestly, as it utilizes existing capex infrastructure for new products.

So that Reuters article was kind of sort of true, it just neglected some very important info! 😂

Also Cybertruck production is over 1K per week now, nice.

The ER for Tesla is much better than I expected. I really was bracing for a horrendous quarter, but it ain't that bad given all the negative events in Q1, and the guidance going forward is very promising.

I guess I'll keep my shares afterall....😂

Last edited: