• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How will APPLE open tomorrow?

• Up >= 4%

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Up < 4%

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Down < 4%

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Down >= 4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Had a feeling that this might happen.

TSMC can go down 10% over a 24 hour period from only giving similar guidance to what they provided earlier in the year which shows growth from strong demand during 2024 and through 2025.

TSLA doesn't beat estimates, details the short term challenges, but confirms cheaper models are in the mix...so Yay up 10%! (OK I know it hasn't been 24 hours yet but still)

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
TSLA doesn't beat estimates, details the short term challenges, but confirms cheaper models are in the mix...so Yay up 10%! (OK I know it hasn't been 24 hours yet but still)
Sure, but even at nearly 10% up after hours, that only takes it back to the previous 52-week low, and it's still down nearly 50% from July 2023, and nearly 40% from EOY 2023.

I read that short interest had surged in TSLA recently.

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, but even at nearly 10% up after hours, that only takes it back to the previous 52-week low, and it's still down nearly 50% from July 2023, and nearly 40% from EOY 2023.
Yeah, the current after-hour numbers are still down over 10% from where TSLA was just two weeks ago.

TSLA is up on those earnings because sentiment and expectations have been rancid.

FlexMentallo

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Login after close, expecting pain, TSLA back up 13%. I am not Mengy tier but I have a decent TSLA holding in my taxable account. TSLA & APPL are my only individual stocks these days and are about half my holdings, the rest is VOO, VXUS and emergency money in SGOV. That keeps me grounded when TSLA is doing its usual crazy shit.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was honestly one of the best Tesla earnings calls I've ever heard, and I've listened to every one of them for a great many years now. Elon didn't do or say anything stupid, they finally improved the audio quality of the call, all of the questions were pretty good and even answered well, everyone was on point and got right to it, and everyone on the team was extremely confident.

That was a damn breath of fresh air when it comes to Tesla earnings calls. I'm legit surprised.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
Well that was honestly one of the best Tesla earnings calls I've ever heard, and I've listened to every one of them for a great many years now. Elon didn't do or say anything stupid, they finally improved the audio quality of the call, all of the questions were pretty good and even answered well, everyone was on point and got right to it, and everyone on the team was extremely confident.

That was a damn breath of fresh air when it comes to Tesla earnings calls. I'm legit surprised.
up 3% today, and expectations are basically in the gutter for earnings so they don't have to say much for a spike. there could be some surprises this afternoon. lots of institutional buying on fidelity as well.

…..or it could tank even more 🤷‍♂️

told you to keep the faith this morning and you were out there panicking

i'm always right on the first part of my 2 part predictions. ignore the second parts

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
told you to keep the faith this morning and you were out there panicking

i'm always right on the first part of my 2 part predictions. ignore the second parts

Meh I wasn't really panicking, my shares are staying put no matter what happens over the next few years. I did expect a terrible Q1 and call though, happy to see I was very wrong!

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I knew I should be piling into SMH. That's going to be the super growth index fund the next 5-10 years. Book it.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
arm up, amd up, tesla up

sun shines brighter, air smells fresher, even water tastes sweeter somehow when you wake up 10% higher 🙌

complete the comeback tim cook

Deleted member 50498

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I nabbed some Meta shares in AH because it was too tempting.

• Revenue: $36.46B (up 27% YoY)
  • Operating margin: 38%
  • Income from operations: $13.8B (up 91% YoY)

3% off in Q2 guidance, and the market reacts like that?!

Ok, I'll buy some shares. 🤷‍♂

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
I nabbed some Meta shares in AH because it was too tempting.

• Revenue: $36.46B (up 27% YoY)
  • Operating margin: 38%
  • Income from operations: $13.8B (up 91% YoY)

3% off in Q2 guidance, and the market reacts like that?!

Ok, I'll buy some shares. 🤷‍♂
Yeah, it's ridiculous. It's almost like it doesn't matter and there's just always a dump and pump now after every earnings calls for some of these companies recently. (Netflix, Meta, etc.). And opposite for Tesla makes little sense either.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa it down almost 20% all of a sudden at $403. What happened It was down only 12%. something on the call must have spooked people.?

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Whoa it down almost 20% all of a sudden at $403. What happened It was down only 12%. something on the call must have spooked people.?
Who knows, but also, closing that gap from last earnings.

tJvOjEzz

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
looks like market didn't like the lowered guidance from META. Also reality labs still doesn't make money for them.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
CMG going up after earnings. Why can't big tech companies get the high valuations enjoyed by restaurant and retail chains?

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
More dumb shit. Investors are stupid. TSLA still remained up relatively after 24 hours btw. Just amazing.

Deleted member 50498

Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Yea, watching CNBC right now, and billionaire, Ron Baron is pumping Tesla to no end.

He is adamant that Tesla will have billions in revenue from millions of robotaxis in 2–3 years.

This is the reason why Tesla is an extreme outlier, too many people are drinking the Kool-Aid.

It's so easy to be bullish on Tesla when you bought $400 million worth of stock in 2016 when the share price was <$16.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
I just don't get the discounting of current earnings and overemphasizing guidance. Guidance can change especially if it's based on pie in the sky stuff like robots.

NFLX/META - beat on top and bottom, huge growth, slight pullback on guidance = down 10%+.

TSLA - Misses all over the place stagnating growth. Guides higher based on a bunch of future stuff that may or may not pan out. Up 10%.

Make it make sense.

Hey for me at least nice buy point for META.

Deleted member 50498

Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I just don't get the discounting of current earnings and overemphasizing guidance. Guidance can change especially if it's based on pie in the sky stuff like robots.

NFLX/META - beat on top and bottom, huge growth, slight pullback on guidance = down 10%+.

TSLA - Misses all over the place stagnating growth. Guides higher based on a bunch of future stuff that may or may not pan out. Up 10%.

Make it make sense.

Hey for me at least nice buy point for META.
TSLA:

Total automotive revenues: $17.3B (-13% YoY)
Total revenues: $21.3B (-9 YoY)
Operating margin: 5.5% (-592 bp YoY)

Net cash provided by operating activities: $242 Million (-90% YoY)
Free cash flow: -$2.53B (-674% YoY)

The highlighted shows Tesla is a car company with operating margins typical for the automobile industry. Guidance for Tesla gets a far different reaction from the guidance of other companies.

Oh look at that, futures are dumping. QQQ down 1.43%, VOO down 1%.