• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 271 40.6%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 81 12.1%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 288 43.2%

• Total voters

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Tweet today and premier tomorrow for Akuma trailer. I am sure of it and Im totally not just making shit up.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot

View: https://x.com/UdonEnt/status/1782894654838489119
Udon teasing this year's swimsuit special, not sure who this might be, comments are saying a rival schools character

That definitely looks like Kyoko

C0l35Eg.gif

Clear_Strelok

Mar 22, 2018
Any kind Manon players here who would be willing to share some pointers as to what I'm doing wrong with the character ?
Here are a few shots from my replay list (probably not the most indicative rounds but those are the ones I felt the need to save at the time).

Against Cammy:

And Against Ken:

Now, full disclosure: this is my first time actually getting into a fighting game. I gave World Tour a shot in december and got hooked, made the transition from Modern to Classic controls as I went from Kimberly to Manon, practiced ranked until early platinum before taking a break due to the frustration of learning to use an arcade stick (Never played a fighting game long enough before that to realize how painful a Dpad gets on prolonged use so the transition was pretty much mandatory) and have been back sincer early april after fleeing the nightmare of Tekken 8's online.

I'm pretty sure that the muscle memory from the arcade stick is now there, my time with Tekken 8's replay mode taught me about the concepts surrounding frame data that I've neglected before and I've been mostly practicing fundamentals with other character since getting back, so I know that I got better at the game, but it now feels like I've hit a brick wall and am somehow doing worse than before.

I'm putting specific focus on the very last replay linked above, as this is the one where I'm at a loss as to what could have been done differently. In this and other replays I can see some obvious mistakes like getting jumpy under pressure or forgetting that other characters can OD special on wakeup, but there are some things that I'm really struggling to understand, specifically:

• Are all three renversé variations supposed to be solely for chaining combos into a medal ? I swear the few times it actually worked as a punishing tool I was as surprised as the other player. I can't find the related clip but I've had one instance where I got punished for it, not on block, but on a hit that wasn't registered as a grab. I'm also running into an issue where the dodge to kick works against Ryu and no one else. I stopped using it entirely against Guile and I'm not sure where to begin if I want to get the timing right (Guile in particular seems to be able to recover and counter with a special before heavy renversé is over).

• I'm probably missing something very obvious here, but It feels like I can rarely if ever use a light punch or kick after blocking two times or more, even though I was under impression that successive attacks that are successfuly blocked had more penalty. It's not just with Cammy, where I'm aware of this particularity, but I get punished when trying to push back in most situations against pretty much every character, even in the case of Ken after blocking what seemed like a medium or heavy kick.

• It feels like nothing in my moveset is doing any real damage, which I used to blame on my poor knowledge of Manon's combo routes, but I think I now have that figured out and I'm still doing almost nothing, even with a combo chained into a drive rush with renversé. On the other hand a single low medium kick can get me punished for a third of my health without the other player even having to spend his drive gauge for that combo. I understand the basics of damage scaling but I can't get my head around why my damage output feels so low. What am I missing here ?

• Is there anything that can be done when getting cornered ? I know that this is situation that you're supposed to avoid but I frequently find myself pushed there after getting hit only once, particulary against Ken, and I have no idea what it is that Manon can do against that. I'm currently trying to input a Super Art on wakeup in a variety of situations but they seem extremely unreliable, particulary with Arabesque and Pas de Deux, which rarely seem to have the correct range or timing unless the other player is trying to jab me to death (Etoile generally has better results but it's basically a death sentence whenever it misses and I've had it miss in ways that are almost hard to believe so I'm really not sure what's causing this. Is it bugged ?)

Last edited:

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like it'd be pretty weird to wait this late, get right next to EVO Japan and then... not roll it out at EVO Japan but right before it. Not that I'd be complaining.

I guess capcom has done some "focus on the sport" stuff before and left marketing out so its not impossible but any other company and I'd say no way they drop it a couple days before a massive tourney instead of at the tourney.

May 10, 2018
Any kind Manon players here who would be willing to share some pointers as to what I'm doing wrong with the character ?
Here are a few shots from my replay list (probably not the most indicative rounds but those are the ones I felt the need to save at the time).

Against Cammy:

And Against Ken:

Now, full disclosure: this is my first time actually getting into a fighting game. I gave World Tour a shot in december and got hooked, made the transition from Modern to Classic controls as I went from Kimberly to Manon, practiced ranked until early platinum before taking a break due to the frustration of learning to use an arcade stick (Never played a fighting game long enough before that to realize how painful a Dpad gets on prolonged use so the transition was pretty much mandatory) and have been back sincer early april after fleeing the nightmare of Tekken 8's online.

I'm pretty sure that the muscle memory from the arcade stick is now there, my time with Tekken 8's replay mode taught me about the concepts surrounding frame data that I've neglected before and I've been mostly practicing fundamentals with other character since getting back, so I know that I got better at the game, but it now feels like I've hit a brick wall and am somehow doing worse than before.

I'm putting specific focus on the very last replay linked above, as this is the one where I'm at a loss as to what could have been done differently. In this and other replays I can see some obvious mistakes like getting jumpy under pressure or forgetting that other characters can OD special on wakeup, but there are some things that I'm really struggling to understand, specifically:

• Are all three renversé variations supposed to be solely for chaining combos into a medal ? I swear the few times it actually worked as a punishing tool I was as surprised as the other player. I can't find the related clip but I've had one instance where I got punished for it, not on block, but on a hit that wasn't registered as a grab. I'm also running into an issue where the dodge to kick works against Ryu and no one else. I stopped using it entirely against Guile and I'm not sure where to begin if I want to get the timing right (Guile in particular seems to be able to recover and counter with a special before heavy renversé is over).

• I'm probably missing something very obvious here, but It feels like I can rarely if ever use a light punch or kick after blocking two times or more, even though I was under impression that successive attacks that are successfuly blocked had more penalty. It's not just with Cammy, where I'm aware of this particularity, but I get punished when trying to push back in most situations against pretty much every character, even in the case of Ken after blocking what seemed like a medium or heavy kick.

• It feels like nothing in my moveset is doing any real damage, which I used to blame on my poor knowledge of Manon's combo routes, but I think I now have that figured out and I'm still doing almost nothing, even with a combo chained into a drive rush with renversé. On the other hand a single low medium kick can get me punished for a third of my health without the other player even having to spend his drive gauge for that combo. I understand the basics of damage scaling but I can't get my head around why my damage output feels so low. What am I missing here ?

• Is there anything that can be done when getting cornered ? I know that this is situation that you're supposed to avoid but I frequently find myself pushed there after getting hit only once, particulary against Ken, and I have no idea what it is that Manon can do against that. I'm currently trying to input a Super Art on wakeup in a variety of situations but they seem extremely unreliable, particulary with Arabesque and Pas de Deux, which rarely seem to have the correct range or timing unless the other player is trying to jab me to death (Etoile generally has better results but it's basically a death sentence whenever it misses and I've had it miss in ways that are almost hard to believe so I'm really not sure what's causing this. Is it bugged ?)
Going to be real with you, Manon sucks. I stuck with her to get her to Master but it's a frustrating experience using her.

It's not worth it to try to use the spin move through projectiles unless your opponent is being obvious with them and even then it's still iffy.

Another issue with Manon is that her damage isn't good outside of medal 4 & 5 command grab. Yeah she has some corner only combos into level 2 or 3 for decent damage but for the most part? Nah

Then to your last point. In the corner? Hope and pray. You can try drive reversal but I mostly did wake-up super because she doesn't have any options.

Oct 25, 2017

Against Cammy:

And Against Ken:

I wish I knew how to divide up this quote in order to answer this a bit more cleanly, but unfortunately I don't.

I will also give you full disclosure that I am certainly not a Manon main, but I might know enough about the character to answer some of your questions.

Now you mentioned knowing that you were getting hit by OD specials and supers on wakeup during some of the other replays (I only watched the last one, as that's the one you said you wanted to focus on), but that's pretty much what kept happening during that last replay. Also, almost all level 1 supers in the game will lose to fireballs. So that wakeup SA1 you did into Ken's fireball will lose 10/10 times. Waking up with OD Renverse is ill advised. It can be done in very specific situations since it has invincibility on the upper body, but it's incredibly slow to try to use as a reversal.

Renverse is only used in combos as far as I know. Using it as a punish isn't the best thing you can do, especially when you can just command grab instead. The situation you mentioned of getting punished for using it on a hit isn't something I've ever seen. Hell, I don't even know what the move looks like if you trade, as I only ever see it used in combos. Guile's sonic boom recovery is extremely fast, so it will be much harder to use the kick variant to punish him in particular.

I'm not really sure what you mean by your second point. Block count won't have anything to do with how negative or plus a move is. A majority of moves are negative in this game though, unless drive rush is used. Your timing may just be off. If you block a Luke cr.mp once, it'll be +1, and if he throws out another one, it'll still be +1 on block. Now if someone uses a drive rush normal, then add 4 frames of blockstun to that FIRST hit, and then it'll be back to normal. Like in my previous example, Luke would be +5 on block and then +1 on the second.

Manon doesn't do great damage, but her most basic ass combo will still do comparable damage to almost anyone elses. Once you build the medals though, the threat of that command grab is the real mental damage.

Manon is very sad in the corner. It takes a lot of work and patience to get out. Her level 2 is her best option in my opinion, even if it can be kind of wonky at times.....which I think they even tried to address lol.

Hope that helps some, but I'll try to answer any further questions, and maybe some others can too.

Last edited:

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
They've never had any kind of trailer show up at Evo Japan. Capcom rarely make announcement there.
With that said, we really dont know shit so it might as well happens lmao

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
I fully expected it before now and not at EVO Japan before but now that we're at the week of EVO Japan... it just seems kind of nuts they'd drop it outside it for like... a day's gain? But they did do the whole IGN trailer 2 weeks after ccup so maybe they are just that kind of unpredictable.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
At the end of the day, with how much views SF6 trailer seems to get compared to SFV, maybe they know what they're doing.
Plus, its not like we gotta wait that long since the Akuma event starts next wednesdays.

Xingularity

Aug 31, 2020

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
i'm betting that there's a gameplay trailer for Akuma at Evo Japan announcing it's release date for sure.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
you can't just guess a date for a trailer and then get upset when it doesn't come out that day lol.

DragonHunterG

Sep 2, 2021
I play kimberly and i really wish there was a way to stop the music that plays after she does a level 3 super art. it's really annoying. or give us an option to turn it off rather than turning off the game music entirely, not activate it at all or select what music that can get played, like if she had casette deck options to change the tape that played, possibly for just me, but possibly what the other player might hear as well with their own option to turn it off as well, such as the same as being able to customize what costumes you'll see in ranked matches.