• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 271 40.6%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 81 12.1%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 288 43.2%

• Total voters

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I play kimberly and i really wish there was a way to stop the music that plays after she does a level 3 super art. it's really annoying. or give us an option to turn it off rather than turning off the game music entirely, not activate it at all or select what music that can get played, like if she had casette deck options to change the tape that played, possibly for just me, but possibly what the other player might hear as well with their own option to turn it off as well, such as the same as being able to customize what costumes you'll see in ranked matches.
I use that song as motivation to beat Kim players harder so I don't have to listen to it.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018

Clear_Strelok

Mar 22, 2018
Hope that helps some, but I'll try to answer any further questions, and maybe some others can too.
Thanks! To follow up on your advices:

Now you mentioned knowing that you were getting hit by OD specials and supers on wakeup during some of the other replays (I only watched the last one, as that's the one you said you wanted to focus on), but that's pretty much what kept happening during that last replay.
I generally adapt better against other characters following the first surprise OD wakeup, (I think I blocked most of them against Ryu and Ed recently) but against Ken specifically I'm actually taking the bet because letting him wakeup seems like a worse proposition. In the last round of this particular replay, I think I was just one kick to combo away from losing anyway and I can't think of a punish for his OD shoryuken that's really worthwile (I tried punishing with a command throw, which is a bit risky considering the timing after the block, and an OD renversé/kick into renversé gets me a medal but both of these just reset the situation in a way where I still feel at a disavantage despite him being the one on the ground).

This isn't as bad with other characters, but Ken/Guile have me really struggling to think of any way to stand my ground that doesn't leave me completely exposed and I haven't been able to think of one so far (OD Anti-air into renversé is semi-reliable in that regard but I don't expect any player who knows my character to fall for that more than once and I'm still having the issue of feeling like I'm merely pressing reset on a situation that's not to my advantage).

Renverse is only used in combos as far as I know. Using it as a punish isn't the best thing you can do, especially when you can just command grab instead. The situation you mentioned of getting punished for using it on a hit isn't something I've ever seen. Hell, I don't even know what the move looks like if you trade, as I only ever see it used in combos
Well you're in luck, I got another one today :( It's not the same as the previous occurence but here, OD Renversé hits without triggering the throw against another special and unless I'm reading wrong I'm getting hit with full damage+punish while Honda barely gets a scratch (now in defense of my horrible blunder in the last round of that replay I did learn my lesson and won the next match).

I'm not really sure what you mean by your second point. Block count won't have anything to do with how negative or plus a move is. A majority of moves are negative in this game though, unless drive rush is used. Your timing may just be off. If you block a Luke cr.mp once, it'll be +1, and if he throws out another one, it'll still be +1 on block. Now if someone uses a drive rush normal, then add 4 frames of blockstun to that FIRST hit, and then it'll be back to normal. Like in my previous example, Luke would be +5 on block and then +1 on the second.
I assumed that blocks added up based on my standing heavy punch being more negative on block the second time but I was clearly mistaken, so that's probably that and my timing being off. I've tried applying crouched light kicks with more intent today and this seems to behave somewhat better so far (although it still doesn't seem to have any real means of making it work into a combo given that the light punch will almost always create too much distance afterwards).

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I play kimberly and i really wish there was a way to stop the music that plays after she does a level 3 super art. it's really annoying. or give us an option to turn it off rather than turning off the game music entirely, not activate it at all or select what music that can get played, like if she had casette deck options to change the tape that played, possibly for just me, but possibly what the other player might hear as well with their own option to turn it off as well, such as the same as being able to customize what costumes you'll see in ranked matches.
It's funny cause I actually like the song but I absolutely hate when songs just take over like this and wish it was an option to turn off myself cause while I like the song I hate when it interrupts the likes of Fete Foraine or Ganbu Temple. I 100% will listen to it in my car tho

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
but against Ken specifically I'm actually taking the bet because letting him wakeup seems like a worse proposition
Have you looked into safe jumps? Instead of going for meaty attacks on wake up, essentially you jump in with a timing where if they wakeup with a shoryuken you'll block.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5aZWgMRRzQ
crouched light kicks with more intent today and this seems to behave somewhat better so far (although it still doesn't seem to have any real means of making it work into a combo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhcEso_dqe8

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
Apologies to those looking forward to the open lobby tonight... life has gotten in the way again. But hey, you can watch the Knicks hopefully win tonight instead. Will host an open lobby tomorrow instead for all those staying home and wanting something to do before Evo Japan!

Also, as always anyone else is welcome to host it today instead!

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
If it does show up at evo japan I guess this mean Evo events are the exeptions when it comes to reveal trailer at fgc events.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Or just... fgc events that happen to line up perfectly with their marketing cycle for a character.

I think the real exemption here was them showing the tease so far back likely in response to capcup lack of news disappointment?

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
The JP birthday art is fucking amaaaazing:

View: https://x.com/82kmnr_works/status/1783478885155270893

GMAwmE1XgAEKgbc

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I hopped back on after not playing since Ed released. Quick questions.

1) Is the original relaxing Battle Hub music gone forever? I can't remember the last time I heard it.

2) Is there no way to play World Tour Mode without the "Perfect" theme constant playing? I thought it was only going to play in Metro City, but it played everywhere.

I wish there was an option to disable this stuff and just play the original music.

Xingularity

Aug 31, 2020
I hopped back on after not playing since Ed released. Quick questions.

1) Is the original relaxing Battle Hub music gone forever? I can't remember the last time I heard it.

2) Is there no way to play World Tour Mode without the "Perfect" theme constant playing? I thought it was only going to play in Metro City, but it played everywhere.

I wish there was an option to disable this stuff and just play the original music.

You can manually set the Battle Hub music iirc. I think I set mine to the TMNT track

VidgameJunkie

Jun 4, 2022
Can't wait to see what the tag and piece for Akuma looks like. I guess they had to make 2 versions each since he's Gouki in Japan.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
If she loses the round while that music is playing, there should be a record scratch noise and then the regular music comes back on.

Oct 25, 2017
I normally have nothing against comically huge tits, but the only way I'd know that's Kyoko is because of the earrings. I'd like artists to at least stay somewhat true to the character.
She was actually more recognizable before the full reveal.

Last edited:

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I normally have nothing against comically huge hits, but the only way I'd know that's Kyoko is because of the earrings. I'd like artist to at least stay somewhat true to the character.
She was actually more recognizable before the full reveal.
I legit laughed when I just saw that tweet. I expected it to be super horny because that's what Udon does, but this is way beyond that lol.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles