• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
In Europe and finally got my shipping notification for tomorrow with DHL.

IonMagus

Feb 18, 2021
Someone explain the logic to me how the country its getting distributed from still has their orders not shipped while seemingly all of Europe has

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Patience is a virtue? Just be glad you didn't pre-order/back the Switch version like this dumb dumb. lol

I'm likely double dipping this bad boy since I'ma give my digital copy to my brother.

IonMagus

Feb 18, 2021
Patience is a virtue? Just be glad you didn't pre-order/back the Switch version like this dumb dumb. lol

I'm likely double dipping this bad boy since I'ma give my digital copy to my brother.

I wish I would actually because they at least get an Digital Code which doesnt take days to ship haha

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be bad on switch. I have not heard good things about that version. The scores for Switch vs other platforms is going to be wide apart I think.

That's a real shame given it'd be a good fit for the platform for obvious reasons.

Thankfully I own a Steam Deck though, so I'm free to get the PS5 version and then Judy stream it from there

Character portrait art, sprites, etc. are lovely. Enemy animations in combat have an almost Vanillaware-like quality to them too. Game reminds me of Suikoden 2 the most (I haven't played them all), I like how equipment is handled, and the game has a relaxing/fun vibe that I think has always set Suikoden apart from its contemporaries. I also very much appreciate how much voicework is in the game and that it's dual-language. Dungeons, at least the ones I've been through, are fun to explore, and almost always reward you with something for going off the main path. You also can't auto-combat everything and party members *will* die against bosses if you aren't paying attention to what their intent is, which is nice.

Ooh, you make it sound so great lol

Never played Suikoden myself, but this game grabbed my attention from the jump due to its animations. Here's to hoping the full game is a straight up masterpiece

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Someone explain the logic to me how the country its getting distributed from still has their orders not shipped while seemingly all of Europe has
If you're going for a close to a unform launch as possible, you'd send the far stuff first and the close stuff last.

Not saying that's what's happening here, but that would be the logic to it.

Oct 26, 2017
I hate to break it to some of you, but you didn't preorder the game four years ago. You gave R&B some money, with literally no strings attached, for them to help fund a game being made. They could have gone bankrupt, or the game could never have been finished, or they could have fucked off to Okinawa to retire.

They did finish the game, and some people are getting it earlier than others because dropshipping a game across the entire globe to land on the doorstep of 46,307 backers simultaneously is kind of hard.

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
Backers are getting their physical copies, but no digital codes are out? Am I understanding this correctly?
I contacted Yetee support and they confirmed codes wouldn't be sent out until the 72 hour early access, even though a previous update explicitly said they'd be available last week.

I'm skeptical that they'll actually get all the codes out on time, and I don't see why it should be necessary to begin with. I can buy the game on Steam or Switch right now and it'll sit in my library inactive. Publishers can set when a game goes live, so it doesn't hurt anything to get the codes early, it gives them a larger window to get the codes out on time, and you'd be able to preload it on Switch and possibly Steam.

Last edited:

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh, you make it sound so great lol

Never played Suikoden myself, but this game grabbed my attention from the jump due to its animations. Here's to hoping the full game is a straight up masterpiece
As someone who got into Suikoden quite late (like, within the last year LOL), I think fans -- especially those who have fond memories of the 32-bit versions -- will really like it. Playing this right after FF7 Rebirth has been the perfect palate cleanser, while still scratching that JRPG itch. It's strange to speak of these two games in the same sentence, since once is a massive AAA game while the other is a relatively smaller crowdfunded spiritual successor, and yet they seem like the perfect complement to one another. I also feel privileged to be able to play Murayama-san's final game. There's a lot to be proud of here. Definitely not a Kickstarter disaster!

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Almost 45,000 people backing this project really makes me happy. I was really sad to see Murayama leave Konami and subsequently watching Suikoden fall into obscurity must have really hurt him.

Just seeing this amount of support for him and what he created makes me so excited to dive into his brand new adventure. I can't wait!

Takamura-San

Oct 25, 2017
I contacted Yetee support and they confirmed codes wouldn't be sent out until the 72 hour early access, even though a previous update explicitly said they'd be available last week.

I'm skeptical that they'll actually get all the codes out on time, and I don't see why it should be necessary to begin with. I can buy the game on Steam or Switch right now and it'll sit in my library inactive. Publishers can set when a game goes live, so it doesn't hurt anything to get the codes early, it gives them a larger window to get the codes out on time, and you'd be able to preload it on Switch and possibly Steam.
So, they could release the codes but they don't want to.

Oct 25, 2017
Just got this in, not sure why I ordered physical when the kickstarter began, but it's my only physical game, time to dive in, excited for it

Oct 25, 2017
First impressions is that I really thought this would look better than what it does, not a big deal, but the anti aliasing implementation is so bad and distracting, if there is any at all, playing on PS5 btw.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't think my computer was that bad but this runs so much better on PS5 then the beta on my laptop. It looks great.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently I've got some stick drift on my PS5 controller, but it seems like the deadzone is *really* small. Haven't experienced this with any other game.

Shad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So even though there was a patch today that said it addressed some game breaking issues, it may still be best to wait for the early access patch like they said, yeah? I kinda wanted to dive in, but I worry that maybe this patch did not fix everything they wanted to and that early access patch is still vital :/

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Oh God I immediately recognized Hellsing Alucard's jp VA. I'm guessing they are going to be a major character.

wild_one

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, so apparently The Yetee is using OSM Worldwide for the first leg, so now I don't think I'll see it until next week because reasons.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
So even though there was a patch today that said it addressed some game breaking issues, it may still be best to wait for the early access patch like they said, yeah? I kinda wanted to dive in, but I worry that maybe this patch did not fix everything they wanted to and that early access patch is still vital :/

As far as we're aware, today's was the patch they were alluding to that'd be released by the time of early access.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Got my PS5 copy in the mail today (Tokyo)! Keen to start it up soon!

EDIT: I see folks alluding to game breaking issues, does anyone have a handy list of those?

Last edited:

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still no shipping for a UK order. Glad I spent all that extra money on shipping….

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Huh, so apparently The Yetee is using OSM Worldwide for the first leg, so now I don't think I'll see it until next week because reasons.

I think OSM Worldwide is the significant root cause of shipping related issues. They are a terribly inefficient and poor courier service. Expensive too. My copy for example sat at York, PA facility for 3 full days. I'm from Philadelphia. York is only 2 hours away.

Why The Yetee decided to use them is baffling.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Those Youtube videos of the Switch version are disheartening. 5-10 seconds load times between EVERY SCENE and the game appears to be running at 20-25 fps.

I was really looking forward to this game, too as I only have a Switch. Guess it's PC for me.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
From the latest update:

"In order to ensure that we can ship to all regions in time, we will begin shipping Early Access packages as soon as we receive confirmation of your address and shipping selection."

Horseshit. I did it day 1.

IonMagus

Feb 18, 2021
Why are they continuing to lie to their backers? I confirmed my adress and payed for shipping on April 1st right away and I literally still not have a Shipping confirmation. Truly incompetent.

The Yetee is also ghosting people and not answering Support Mails

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
I backed the game but I missed the communication to choose my platform. So i'm stuck with a Steam version instead of a PS5 :/

machtia

Oct 29, 2017
As far as we're aware, today's was the patch they were alluding to that'd be released by the time of early access.
The latest backer update was sent after the patch went live, but it implies that people should still wait to play to avoid save-breaking glitches. It's possible the update was drafted before the patch went out though.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Why are they continuing to lie to their backers? I confirmed my adress and payed for shipping on April 1st right away and I literally still not have a Shipping confirmation. Truly incompetent.

The Yetee is also ghosting people and not answering Support Mails
Yeah that update doesn't make much sense. It seems like a really roundabout way to say they can't reduce the shipping costs because it's what OSM charges. But you would think they would talk about going forward and trying to work with a better shipping partner or something.

IonMagus

Feb 18, 2021
Yeah that update doesn't make much sense. It seems like a really roundabout way to say they can't reduce the shipping costs because it's what OSM charges. But you would think they would talk about going forward and trying to work with a better shipping partner or something.

Its truly baffling how they write this stuff with hundreds of comments below the other Update and the Kickstarter Page how their physical Game still hasnt shipped lmao

wild_one

Oct 27, 2017
So the digital codes will be out as of April 18 @ 8am EDT/9pm JST..... I wonder how long The Yetee will take to make that happen.

Dr J

Oct 27, 2017
I just checked my tracking this morning and it said " it is out for delivery"!! I can't wait to play it! If people want to know, I live in MA, US and it is PS5 copy.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
What doesn't make sense to me is can't they send the keys out early and just not make them active until the right time? Why are they waiting until the 18th?
It's not that easy at all. On consoles and Steam, you can only set one activation date per product, for example. They would need to host a backer version with one date and a non-backer version with the public date, which basically would double all submission work if the platform holders would even approve it. Patches would need to be published separately for each version as well. Not worth the work.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
From the latest update:

"In order to ensure that we can ship to all regions in time, we will begin shipping Early Access packages as soon as we receive confirmation of your address and shipping selection."

Horseshit. I did it day 1.
Yep same. I paid weeks ago now.

The order on yetee just says unfulfilled still.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
It's not that easy at all. On consoles and Steam, you can only set one activation date per product, for example. They would need to host a backer version with one date and a non-backer version with the public date, which basically would double all submission work if the platform holders would even approve it. Patches would need to be published separately for each version as well. Not worth the work.
Ahh ok that makes sense.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure I understand, why is the 18th a more practical day for key generation than any other day prior ? does those platform only allow key generation to be made x number of days prior to the game release ?