• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
new Wha Happun on patreon, should go live for everyone in a few days:

Drake of The 99 Dragons

Matt also posted an update, he's been under the weather but slowly improving, so there was a slight downtick in content from him the past week or so.

(I honestly didn't notice, he still uploaded a lot of stuff despite being ill)

But the Wha Happuns, streams, etc. will kick back into full gear now that he's improving.

a new patreon exclusive Crymetina Critiques is on the way as well

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
oh man i forgot crymetina did TMS for CC. hell yeah i should rewatch that

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder who will win out: The Internet's unending ability to complain about shit or Pat's endless doubling down when challenged on a topic.

(For the record, I disagreed with the changes, but I'm not throwing a huge shitfit about them like I see people doing.)

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Pat goes into more details anyway during his Code Veronica Stream (I timestamped) and yeah, I mean it's pretty much how I feel. Yeah there can be a discussion on content that is cut from the west in a clumsy manner because it removes important bits of context, and there are other types of censorship like Disney etc...but it's drowned out so much by massive babies who are mad that some anime D-tier game isn't getting ported over because of whatever creepy bullshit that it just gets tiring (and these people usually do not get challenged as much by the rest of the people so it just overloads with noise).

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
there's so many better avenues to get your rocks off to if you like the anime tiddy anyway. why do thems care about the video gamz
I was watching YouTube videos about some immersion, QoL and graphics mods for Skyrim and every other one I watched had a big tiddy naked girl fuckdoll running around.

I genuinely don't get it. What about the anime tiddy is enhanced while you have her running around in Skyrim's cave corridors?

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm no longer surprised when I check out the modding scene of a new game and "Improved/Beautiful/Immersive (etc.) Females" is near the top of the most popular list.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was watching YouTube videos about some immersion, QoL and graphics mods for Skyrim and every other one I watched had a big tiddy naked girl fuckdoll running around.

I genuinely don't get it. What about the anime tiddy is enhanced while you have her running around in Skyrim's cave corridors?

People like the option to have sexy models? I don't see the big deal about this in particular.

Its just mods. No less difference in immersion breaking than Macho Man Dragons.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Pat goes into more details anyway during his Code Veronica Stream (I timestamped) and yeah, I mean it's pretty much how I feel. Yeah there can be a discussion on content that is cut from the west in a clumsy manner because it removes important bits of context, and there are other types of censorship like Disney etc...but it's drowned out so much by massive babies who are mad that some anime D-tier game isn't getting ported over because of whatever creepy bullshit that it just gets tiring (and these people usually do not get challenged as much by the rest of the people so it just overloads with noise).
he's right

And he should say it.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EOxCCU1XkAMFmSt

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
people are always worried about slippery slope stuff which I, like, conceptually get, but the slippery slope already happened and it was the fucking normalisation of facism in political discourse, not any of this puritan ass shit

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
sometimes i wonder about the age range of their fanbase on reddit/twitter vs here tbh. It'd be nice if it was a simple case of younglings vs greybeards to account for the difference in perspective.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
This whole kerfluffle reminded me of the "censoring" of panty shots in Skullgirls. I dug up this old post to compare it to the situation now and it pains me seeing nothing changed in the years since.

Last edited:

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
sometimes i wonder about the age range of their fanbase on reddit/twitter vs here tbh. It'd be nice if it was a simple case of younglings vs greybeards to account for the difference in perspective.
I'd like to think that the droves of dumbasses that make up part of the fanbase are simply young and that the lack of social competence and self-awareness is strictly a product of age, but in my heart, I know that many of them are probably in their late 20s-30s but are thick as shit.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
This whole kerfluffle reminded me of the "censoring" of panty shots in Skullgirls. I dug up this old post to compare it to the situation now and it's pains me seeing nothing changed in years since.

what was this latest blowup even about anyway? people pissed about #FE again or something? Or was it literally just this rando mails in

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
what was this latest blowup even about anyway? people pissed about #FE again or something? Or was it literally just this rando mails in
This guy emails in about #FE "censorship" since it's coming out again, and most of the fanbase gets to now here Pat and Woolie's opinions on "video game censorship" as a whole.

I don't even think some (keyword is some) of the people throwing a fit have a bad point. It's just like what Pat says. It's not actual censorship most of the time, just localization changes, sometimes pressured on by Soney. Any of the actual examples of censorship like Devotion or the more egregious examples of weird/unnecessary localization changes are drowned out by the people mad that they can't see Neptunia's panty shot in the PS4 version of the new game or some stupid pointless shit.

For example, I don't agree with the changes to the second dungeon in #FE for example, as it leads to weird story moments/inconsistencies and I wish they either left it alone or made different changes to the actual problems with that chapters story beats. But every time I bring this up, people chime in about how outrageous it is that the "vagina bones" were removed or some pointless shit, and the whole thread or discussion falls apart.

I 100% agree with Pat on this, which is a very weird thing to say considering it's Pat.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
oh yeah the second dungeon in #FE is dumb because they didn't adjust the story properly to account for shit, but that's a localisation problem more than anything imho

Oct 25, 2017
Listen what a great episode of the podcast. One of the best. The hustle talk is great. Pat being so fucking sure about Dante is hilarious in retrospect, and I am getting enough salt from anime fans mad about their titties I could season a half dozen briskets. Its great. Really made my day

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
They been on some real good shit of late. Plus Pat playing Resigames is always fun to watch.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Got around to the latest Woolie Will Figure It Out with Punchmom. She's way cooler than Woolie.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017

I made a big ol dumb pog champ face when I saw the tweet authors.

Is this what stanning to converging fandoms feels like.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i remember matt was nearly on a paxamania at some point

Oct 25, 2017
I'm caught up and Pat is right. Also the dude on his twitter trying to argue that it'd be easier if Pat died is fucking mental. What the actual hell?

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Pat's got a really caring fanbase, willing to make themselves look like daft bastards just to help his argument. Very selfless of them.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got to the drama part too. I died when he went to check his Twitter:
"Oh hey, this person with an anime avatar is being completely reasonable"

"Wait, it's actually a bad take I didn't read the full thing"

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm watching the DS3 playthrough and I was under the impression it was one of those that went badly based on comments I saw in the Lucky Ted animated video...but Pat seems pretty damn good. It makes me want to simultaneously try Dark Souls again and NOT at the same time.

Although maybe there's a point where he fucks up.

But damn the FRANK CASTLE moment is easily Top 10 SBF moments.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i'm really enjoying #FE.

makes me kind of want to rewatch the LP lol

(maybe just the best of the LP)

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
On the topic of #FE, who is the character that the censorship crowd keeps saying personality has been completely changed?

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the DS3 playthrough and I was under the impression it was one of those that went badly based on comments I saw in the Lucky Ted animated video...but Pat seems pretty damn good. It makes me want to simultaneously try Dark Souls again and NOT at the same time.

Dark Souls 3 LP was pretty good. I don't normally read the YT comments so I might have missed the negativity, but my impression is that most folk have a favorable opinion of it.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
iirc the people complaining about the ds3 run were mostly people annoyed that they missed even the smallest thing, or people making fun of pat getting lore wrong

but i really liked it as an lp, some great moments

Oct 25, 2017
The DS3 run had Skeleton Ball, that alone justifies its existence.

I ended up dropping the TMS#FE LP because they kept referring to Tsubasa by her surname which came across as super rude in my brain even though I know logically I shouldn't care.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
my favourite part about staying with my japanese roommate's family for a bit was getting confused at which ending i should tag on to the end of his name when talking about him. i know i shouldn't care lol (they sure didn't) but still

tbh the weird part is calling his parents "mom" and "dad" because thats just how jpn rolls.

its also funny because as an asian person i call every vaguely older looking person auntie or uncle

NerevaRising

Oct 5, 2018

IIRC one of the main complaints of the ds3 playtrough was that Pat was too strong and good at the game so he wasn't experiencing it properly...

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
my favourite part about staying with my japanese roommate's family for a bit was getting confused at which ending i should tag on to the end of his name when talking about him. i know i shouldn't care lol (they sure didn't) but still

tbh the weird part is calling his parents "mom" and "dad" because thats just how jpn rolls.

its also funny because as an asian person i call every vaguely older looking person auntie or uncle
End it with -Ramasama of course. (Don't do this as this might actually be offensive.)

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Eh the DS3 playthrough starts out fine but the getting huge thing became a legitimately annoying issue for someone that enjoys Souls LPs partly for the struggle.

The other half the issue is that they explicitly got Woolie to get a "SPOILER FREE" guide for the extra weirdo ending that was poorly done and made them treat things in a weird and poor way. This thing that absolutely doesn't have anything to do with that ending they get super paranoid over and don't engage with (probably the best thing in the game- giving the Eyes to the Firekeeper). It just made how they experienced the latter half of the game extremely irritating and frustrating to watch. The first 15-ish episodes are great and then it nosedives hard after that.