• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are we going to see Nintendo character getting in Smash Bros via DLC?

• Yes!!!

Votes: 90 59.6%
  • No...

Votes: 61 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Which company would people go the craziest seeing a trademark for? I'd imagine Square, as it would become a Sora vs Geno bloodbath.

unknown.png

Let's get this party started.

obviously an edit

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Just so people are ready for it: when Geno's copyright info leaks, it should look something like this (based on listings for the Mii Costume):

"Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars" Character:
©SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017

If you dive far enough back into my Smash Bros image collection you'll find one of my joke rosters from the pre 'Haruka for Smash' days. It has Bomberman as one of my third party wants.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I love that they put Marco in NGBC but there's still something deeply cursed about seeing a Metal Slug character with normal human proportions

Mars People gets away with it, though

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
RBjvxoT.png

I got bored and was drinking, so I was inspired by the earlier conversation on Waluigi. Y'all know Waluigi likes to twirl? He does it...all the time.

Broken down moveset:

B - Charges his serve. Can hit a tennis ball pretty far, or hits opponents if nearby instead.
Side B - RNG mechanic. Random selection of 1-9. Higher numbers more likely to show up for recovery. He "moves spaces" like there's a board, has super armor. Similar to B&K where he can be grabbed/interrupted, not as strong if you get hit by it.
Up B - Jumps in the air like he's going to dunk. Grab move similar to C. Falcon. If no opponent or ledge he can take a fall, Waluigi style.
Down B - Lays down a fake item block causing opponents to trip/stun. Disappears pretty quick, so has to be timed right.
Final Smash - Liar ball throws a bunch of baseballs out, some are actually huge and hurt and others aren't. Multiple balls thrown similar to Wii Fit Trainer but hits are stronger and chance of missing.

Forward Smash - Golf Club swing. Time it properly or whiff hard.
Up Smash - More twirling because he loves to twirl
Down Smash - Power stomping
Jab - Punching from Game & Watch Gallery
Dash - Twirling. He loves to twirl.

Neutral air - Splits in the air, hits on both sides
Down air - Meditation stance, pauses like Lucario but is a one hit.
Back air - Sex kick
Up air - Break dancing kick
Forward air - hits with his tennis racket in the air like he's trying to dive for a ball

Forward tilt - Mario party punch
Up Tilt - Mario party punch, but upward
Down tilt - Soccer/Futbol slide

Taunt 1 - Spin with a rose
Taunt 2 - "Loser!" "I'm the best!" etc, with a fist pump
Taunt 3 - "Waluigi Time" with his soccer/futbol taunt

Down throw - Bury with your stomps
Forward throw - Based on dodgeball throw
Up throw - based on fishing mini game animation
Back throw - based on backwards dunking animation

Alts based on: Mario, Luigi, Wario, Game Boy appearance, Foreman Spike, 2 originals taking inspiration from Waluigi Pinball signs and Luigi outfit.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I've been trying to find a meme roster I posted here last year, but I can't find it.

Thankfully someone posted it on r/Megaten... for some reason; so it's safe:
zf0hxj0557311.jpg

I went through all of this effort finding it just to say that I put Terry on it, lol.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I've been trying to find a meme roster I posted here last year, but I can't find it.

Thankfully someone posted it on r/Megaten... for some reason; so it's safe:
zf0hxj0557311.jpg

I went through all of this effort finding it just to say that I put Terry on it, lol.

Rick/Coo/Kine is the god tier Kirby rep we need.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I grew up with the Shimomurua Trilogy as my reference point for Kirby so those characters and games will always be special for me. Like, before Marx returned in Star Allies, I always eyed Dark Matter as the choice for a cosmic horror Kirby character.

"His last known project was Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land. To this day, Shimomura's identity and whereabouts are still unknown. He is one of the most elusive game designers ever."

Someday, when the world needs him most, he will return.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So, if every cut stage actually ended up coming back as DLC, would Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2 be part of that?

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
More than new stages, I want for us to have a way to select the stage phase on the current stages. There are some interesting layouts like the ship in the Paper Mario stage that is locked behind the trash that is the windmill and Bowser's Castle.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get why people want every stage back for completionist purposes... but honestly some of the remaining ones are pretty shit, to the point where I both don't miss them and can't see people paying money for them. Like who really wants to spend any money for Rumble Falls?

This is of course ignoring that Miiverse just isn't possible at all unless they go about creating an entire custom message and drawing system, similar to what they did with Splatoon 2 -- that's a lot of effort for one stage that I don't see them going to the trouble for.

I think -some- of the remaining missing stages could make sense, provided they are able to make them work on a technical level (Which is clearly the reason most that are currently out are out).

They could probably go to the effort to remake the ones that need it and probably wouldn't have any technical issues (Poke Floats, Mute City, Pac Maze). There's also literally no reason for Pyrosphere to be excluded apart from Ridley being on the stage, but they can just get around that by saying it's a different Ridley... just like how 75M still features Donkey Kong.

More than new stages, I want for us to have a way to select the stage phase on the current stages. There are some interesting layouts like the ship in the Paper Mario stage that is locked behind the trash that is the windmill and Bowser's Castle.
I agree with this too.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
My problem with Bandana Dee is that there are other potential Kirby reps with cooler movelist potential. Like the trio above or even Marx.

Like Bandana Dee would probably just have Kirby's Spear moves with a couple of umbrella moves thrown in and while that is cool, Sakurai can do cooler.

EDIT: I want new BOSSES. Most of the bosses were so damn cool, I want more of that.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
My problem with Bandana Dee is that there are other potential Kirby reps with cooler movelist potential. Like the trio above or even Marx.

Like Bandana Dee would probably just have Kirby's Spear moves with a couple of umbrella moves thrown in and while that is cool, Sakurai can do cooler.
I would agree with this. But also, I just don't see the appeal. "He's so cute!" "He's so badass" "He tries so hard!" I don't see it.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Now this is a genius idea.
katamari-bundle.jpg

EDIT: I want new BOSSES. Most of the bosses were so damn cool, I want more of that.
I agree, though I wouldn't complain about Bandana Dee. I just want another Kirby rep (because there are so many options), and Japan loves Bandee so i'd accept it.

Though if the choice was mine, we'd be getting Marx or Susie.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rex leaking would be a global day of celebration
Rex would be a super boring choice. If Sakurai wants to do a Xenoblade 2 rep, he should just do Lora + Jin instead. Not only are they better characters, who would accomplish the same potential mechanic, they would effectively serve as being both an additional "protagonist" as well as "antagonist".

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Rex would be a super boring choice. If Sakurai wants to do a Xenoblade 2 rep, he should just do Lora + Jin instead. Not only are they better characters, who would accomplish the same potential mechanic, they would effectively serve as being both an additional "protagonist" as well as "antagonist".
I think there's a minor difference though.

Lora and Jin would be a cool twist on ice climbers with the vanguard mechanic and their own movesets, while Rex would have his blade as auxiliary buffer and switching between them would change his own moveset.

I would definitely prefer Lora and Jin, but they aren't exactly the same, at least as far as my imaginary implementation is concerned.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The main stages I would like to see are:

Meta Crystal
Mute City (Melee)
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2
Rainbow Road
Pac-Maze
Woolly World

Everything else I can live without. Although I would love to be able to run around as K. Rool on Rumble Falls and Jungle Hijinx.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like in the hypothetical Lora/Jin vs Rex/Pyra or Mythra comparison, people who are fans of XBC2 would be dissatisfied that the reps for XBC2 were the 30 hour prequel characters instead of the main game protagonists. In terms of representation.

... I'm hoping through some combination of Mii Costume, timing, and the fact characters with multiple moving models seem to have been developmentally nightmarish without some concessions and having a Rex/Blade setup with their super detailed outfits would be more trouble than it's worth, that it ain't Rex though.

It's a small, petty hope. If he gets in despite that, eh.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Aw man, I just found out that they changed Sans' description on the eShop to make it infinitely more boring. Guess someone had a problem with the original joke description.

Weary Bones

Nov 7, 2017
SoCal
I grew up with the Shimomurua Trilogy as my reference point for Kirby so those characters and games will always be special for me. Like, before Marx returned in Star Allies, I always eyed Dark Matter as the choice for a cosmic horror Kirby character.

"His last known project was Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land. To this day, Shimomura's identity and whereabouts are still unknown. He is one of the most elusive game designers ever."

Someday, when the world needs him most, he will return.

...So THAT'S why Nightmare in Dreamland and Kirby: 64 hit differently... (and are my favorite Kirby games)

So is Kirby Air Ride but I know that was Sakurai's magic

My dream Kirby rep is Adeleine/Ribbon Star Allies-style

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
The game seriously needs a boss battles mode.
I really don't get why they didn't do it. The only new thing needed is a proper Rest Area (since there isn't any All-Star Mode area to reuse like Brawl did).

It'd be worth it just for giving me another thing to do with every fighter. At this point i'm not expecting it though; seems like too big of an addition to fit in with Home-Run being "pretty much the final new mode".

Status
Not open for further replies.